Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The brain dead idiots in the U.S. that think electricity just comes out of the wall need a real world example of why this is a terrible idea at this time, and they need it quick, and in a place that can be compared to the U.S.

Do it, Canada. When half your population freezes to death because of country-wide blackouts in 2040, or the economy collapses because nobody can charge their car and go to work in July, maybe... MAYBE... it will sink into the brains of enough liberals to stop that shit here until the technology is ready.
View Quote
You don't seem to get it. You're going on and on about a feature as if it were a bug.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wife's hybrid gets 10 mpg better than the non hybrid.  Amazing since we don't live near a city.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, Ill ask you the same question: Hybrids... why? We don't "need" them any more than we "need" EVs.

Wife's hybrid gets 10 mpg better than the non hybrid.  Amazing since we don't live near a city.
Uh... okay?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
sounds good unless you grew up in the 70's without all that shit and no ac no power steering yep wonder years

View All Quotes
Quoted:
sounds good unless you grew up in the 70's without all that shit and no ac no power steering yep wonder years

Quoted:
Hybrid, eh.   That seems like a compromise that acknowledges the EV craziness but provides some actual relief from the worst problems of the all-in vehicles.

Me, I want to see a manufacturer offer a gasoline car, no black box, no subscription features, no wifi, no bluetooth, no nothing.  Put the key in and drive.  

lol.  Ain't holding my breath.  The used car market seems better and better.

News flash:  power steering and AC exist outside EVs and black box cars.

Enjoy your dead car when there's an extended outage.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Took the guns.
View Quote

On paper maybe  but not one gun has actually been "taken".
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Canada is fucking gay
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
news flash they were options and the poster said bare  bones

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
as much as I enjoyed gas lines and huge gas prices

how many gas stations work with no electricity

solar power ?

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, Ill ask you the same question: Hybrids... why? We don't "need" them any more than we "need" EVs.
View Quote

@runcible

It is the better technology for free people, it is dual fuel.  If the grid is down/charging stations offline, you could still use petrol or ethanol.

And that is exactly why the government is mandating EV only.  As others said, they want complete control over our lives.

All the useful idiots will gladly sacrifice their autonomy to the governments climate gods and live under the yoke of authoritarianism.

But I only used $3 in electricity!  Wait until they roll out the mileage tax... Like I said, useful idiots...
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
dumbest hat ever
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A sensible future doesn't mandate people to buy or not buy things!  It also would provide infrastructure backbone when pushing towards a different solution.  I.e. more electric generation and distribution,  and not just due to EVs but the push for electric heat / appliances / etc
View Quote

...and the same government that wants to lock you down is also destroying the power grid with green initiatives funded with your tax dollars.  They continue to get richer off your back, and your grandchildren get indentured servitude.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You don't seem to get it. You're going on and on about a feature as if it were a bug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The brain dead idiots in the U.S. that think electricity just comes out of the wall need a real world example of why this is a terrible idea at this time, and they need it quick, and in a place that can be compared to the U.S.

Do it, Canada. When half your population freezes to death because of country-wide blackouts in 2040, or the economy collapses because nobody can charge their car and go to work in July, maybe... MAYBE... it will sink into the brains of enough liberals to stop that shit here until the technology is ready.
Oh I do get it. I'm saying something needs to happen in the real world so the rest of the brain dead morons can see and "get it".
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly, they WANT half the population to die off to save the Earth.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

solar power ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

solar power ?

Quoted:

Just stop.    "The poster" was me and you're being ridiculous.  I sat in the gas lines of the late '70s.

You're an EV fanboi, yay.  

I have a bunch of gas in cans.  You have a couple extra battery packs for your car?  Didn't think so.

Mandates for EV only are stoopid.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are Thanos.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hybrid, eh.   That seems like a compromise that acknowledges the EV craziness but provides some actual relief from the worst problems of the all-in vehicles.

Me, I want to see a manufacturer offer a gasoline car, no black box, no subscription features, no wifi, no bluetooth, no nothing.  Put the key in and drive.  

lol.  Ain't holding my breath.  The used car market seems better and better.
View Quote

I got roasted for saying the same thing regarding trucks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck ev’s
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Every time I drive by a gas station in my lightning I giggle  like a little girl flipping it off.

Truck does everything I want and its why I purchased it,

3 bucks to fill it at home compared to 60+
View Quote

So it is handling your Texas winter?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#19]
not a fanboy at all I have a 1962 vw a 1971 gmc spirit and a 1972 international scout.

I have solar panels

I just happen to have a 30 mile commute that a EV made 100% Smart sense to me. I got on the lightning wait list the day it opened and got my truck 3 weeks ago total out the door was 44K and all the tax payers are giving me 7500 rebate so its damn cheap for a bare bones truck vinyl interior ya that is right no walk up and unlock it did not even have heated seats when I ordered it but I got pushed to 23 and heated seats became standard.

Just because people buy something  that people claim will save the world means the buyer thinks the same way.

it was bought 100% as a commuter car and grocery getter

just cuz you are an EV hatter does not mean they dont make sense for some people

Quoted:

Just stop.    "The poster" was me and you're being ridiculous.  I sat in the gas lines of the late '70s.

You're an EV fanboi, yay.  

I have a bunch of gas in cans.  You have a couple extra battery packs for your car?  Didn't think so.

Mandates for EV only are stoopid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

no issues I lost like 15 miles total range makes no difference in my day to day life
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This isn’t about ev’s or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.
View Quote

Careful now, the Tesla ball gobblers will call you a conspiracy theorist.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Careful now, the Tesla ball gobblers will call you a conspiracy theorist.
View Quote

LOL ya the average American home only has 1 vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the serious and honest truth.The big money string pullers discuss this openly but media absolutely won’t cover it.They want population reduction on a massive scale.That’s why the leftist push abortion and LBGTQLMNOP so hard…The alphabet people can’t reproduce.If they can convince a sizable percentage of the population to cut off or alter their reproductive organs then they’ve gone a long way to reducing the population…This only ends or gets stopped one way and it’s gonna be UGLY.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
not a fanboy at all I have a 1962 vw a 1971 gmc spirit and a 1972 international scout.

I have solar panels

I just happen to have a 30 mile commute that a EV made 100% Smart sense to me. I got on the lightning wait list the day it opened and got my truck 3 weeks ago total out the door was 44K and all the tax payers are giving me 7500 rebate so its damn cheap for a bare bones truck vinyl interior ya that is right no walk up and unlock it did not even have heated seats when I ordered it but I got pushed to 23 and heated seats became standard.

Just because people buy something  that people claim will save the world means the buyer thinks the same way.

it was bought 100% as a commuter car and grocery getter

just cuz you are an EV hatter does not mean they dont make sense for some people

View Quote

You are failing to see the big picture.... Big Government is mandating EVs, for everyone.

What is comfortable to you is frightening to those that study history and know where this absolute control will lead us all.

Capitalism and free markets are for rebels anyway, we need total government control and meddling in every aspect of our lives, da comrade?  

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This isn’t about ev’s or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.
View Quote

Yep and trudeau want's a big seat at the member's table.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

solar power ?
View Quote

Gas station I worked at in the 80s could pump without electricity.
Doesn't take that much of a generator to operate a gas pump.  We had fuel contract for counties LEO, EMT.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on the way things are going (i.e. BMW and John Deere), new vehicles will be essentially bare bones unless you subscribe to the options.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I get it me buying what I want is not free market Check

I should Listen to what others tell me to buy that is free market  Check

Quoted:

You are failing to see the big picture.... Big Government is mandating EVs, for everyone.

What is comfortable to you is frightening to those that study history and know where this absolute control will lead us all.

Capitalism and free markets are for rebels anyway, we need total government control and meddling in every aspect of our lives, da comrade?  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Pretty sure 99% of the folks in Ottawa have never even stepped foot in "real Canada".

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You are correct.
Any consequences have been entirely foreseen.
All according to the plan.

Why?

@Antero
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No unforseen consequences there!
You are correct.

Quoted:
The future, a SENSIBLE future, would be hybrid cars.
Why?

@Antero

The reason I say this is because the hybrid is a balance between gasoline cars and electric cars. They use substantially less gasoline, they are zero emissions when running on the electric motor, yet they will never leave you stranded with a dead battery because it has a gasoline engine. Hybrids address concerns on all sides of the issue.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#31]
So the only vehicle that will leave you stranded is a EV

Quoted:

The reason I say this is because the hybrid is a balance between gasoline cars and electric cars. They use substantially less gasoline, they are zero emissions when running on the electric motor, yet they will never leave you stranded with a dead battery because it has a gasoline engine. Hybrids address concerns on all sides of the issue.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So the only vehicle that will leave you stranded is a EV
View Quote

Never leave you stranded with a dead battery. If you run your battery down on an EV and can’t find somewhere to charge, you have a problem. If your hybrid battery dies, you can easily jump it and be on your way. I suppose you could run out of gas, it does happen, but gas stations are everywhere compared to charging stations, at least for now.

Any car can break down and leave you stranded. My point was a major concern among EV drivers is range anxiety. Hybrids alleviate that concern.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#33]
It's not about the environment, it's really about killing half the population...for the environment.

The best plan they can come up with to kill half the population is making electric cars, because charging batteries isn't an efficient use of renewable energy, or even of off-peak nuclear power. They're going to stop producing ICE vehicles 12 years from now, because about 40 years from now when the ICE rolling stock finally is wearing out, 84 Y/O Klaus Schwab is worried that people will be free to drive to his house in Cologny from Canada and he'll want his privacy when he's 124.

It's all about control, because refining gasoline is way easier to do in your garage than generating electricity is.

This is what happens when you start with a conclusion and work backwards. The whole world is being conditioned not to think clearly.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Real fast since I can tell you are struggling...

Nobody cares what you buy, matter of fact, that is how it should be.  But the government is eliminating this option.  All methods, choices, technologies are being forced out by their mandate for EVs ONLY.  

Do you get how this is the opposite of a free market?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I am sure the children in the Congo that mine the cobalt are very happy to read this thread.

This goal is unobtainable until they find different minerals to build batterieswith..
View Quote

What cobalt?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I for one would really like to see how these things are doing in the cold weather.
View Quote

Teslas were the biggest selling car ever in Norway this year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No unforseen consequences there!
You are correct.

Quoted:
The future, a SENSIBLE future, would be hybrid cars.
Why?

@Antero

Ands what's wrong with a car with a good ol' fashioned ICE?
The battery just drives up the price.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

no issues I lost like 15 miles total range makes no difference in my day to day life
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your response to governments forcing their people to transition to EVs is “meh…it won’t make any difference in my day to day life” then fuck you. I haven’t read the whole thread so I don’t know if that’s where you stand on that exact question, but that response seems to be increasing around here.

People who keep essentially encouraging people to just “embrace it -  it’s not that bad” are the equivalent of Fudds - “There’s nothing wrong with common sense gun control mandating a switch to EVs. What do you really need an AR-15 or Glock 19 gas vehicle for anyway? A .30-30 and .38 spl EV will work great for most people’s needs.”
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Someone may have mentioned Oregon.  Here you go:

"Gas-powered cars, light-duty trucks and SUVs are on their way out in Oregon.

Policymakers for the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality on Monday approved a rule that bans the sale of new gasoline-powered passenger vehicles in Oregon by 2035

Source
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If your response to governments forcing their people to transition to EVs is “meh…it won’t make any difference in my day to day life” then fuck you. I haven’t read the whole thread so I don’t know if that’s where you stand on that exact question, but that response seems to be increasing around here.

People who keep essentially encouraging people to just “embrace it -  it’s not that bad” are the equivalent of Fudds - “There’s nothing wrong with common sense gun control mandating a switch to EVs. What do you really need an AR-15 or Glock 19 gas vehicle for anyway? A .30-30 and .38 spl EV will work great for most people’s needs.”
View Quote

The problem here is that most people commenting are unable to separate actual pros and cons of EVs for a given use with their Emotional reaction to government mandates requiring them to be sold. They are two different issues.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Bet your ass the US tries to one up all the Leftist bullshit and try to do it as well if not sooner
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
more like 90% of the world population.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree…and they absolutely positively aren’t even trying to hide it from anybody paying attention…Why is absolutely nobody in politics from either side discussing this.You can’t convince me that everyone in DC or wherever is on board with this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree…and they absolutely positively aren’t even trying to hide it from anybody paying attention…Why is absolutely nobody in politics from either side discussing this.You can’t convince me that everyone in DC or wherever is on board with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few years ago arfcom would have generally been in favor of a smaller world population.  Many still would be in private.

Most of us agree that genocide or killing people off is bad.  The question is whether voluntary lower birth rates worldwide are bad.  Is a naturally declining population bad?

Yes, very much so in the short term.  Capitalism depends on growth.  But longer term, it’s less cut and dry.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

A few years ago arfcom would have generally been in favor of a smaller world population.  Many still would be in private.

Most of us agree that genocide or killing people off is bad.  The question is whether voluntary lower birth rates worldwide are bad.  Is a naturally declining population bad?

Yes, very much so in the short term.  Capitalism depends on growth.  But longer term, it’s less cut and dry.
View Quote

Can a smaller number of people live an even higher standard of living?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Havana North
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Even gassers will be required to have ability to be remotely shut down after 2026.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/biden-infrastructure-bill-vehicle-kill-switch-2026/
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Many of you are assuming that EVs will be the same in 12 years as they are now

I am against government mandates, but that is not a good assumption.
View Quote
You say that but apparently the government doesn't share your optimism. So they'll just make it mandatory and you get what you get.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Another as yet unannounced amazing feature of the electrics is when the appropriate moment arrives it locks you in and drives you and the family to the the nearest rail yard collection point...
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't just about reducing the world's population. If that were the case, we could just start cutting off the 3rd World and literally let nature take its course.
Half the world's population is teetering on the brink of a some humanitarian crisis or another at any given moment. What would it take to push them over?
This is about eliminating the middle class, and turning the world into some neo-feudal two tier society of elites and slaves.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top