User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope they break away from the assholes in Toronto.
View Quote
Well, Ottawa is the capitol.  But Toronto is the spiritual home of the Canadian leftist.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
They will probably have a law forcing people to be gay by then too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s going to be super handy to unhook my gooseneck to charge my dually.

FJT
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The morons in charge have literally no idea how bad an idea this will be.

We don't have even a fraction of the electrical generating capacity to do this, so what it means... is people won't be able to charge the EV's and will be stuck taking buses (which is exactly what dickheads in ottawa want)

The transit system in my city (Edmonton) is a worldwide case study of one of the worst transit systems.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  The guy seems like quite a little autocrat.
View Quote
Well, you have to understand the Canadian mentality:  They don't mind a strongman, as long as he maintains the generous welfare state they have become accustomed to.  The first Canadian Article of Faith is "no matter how bad things are up north, it's always worse in the states".

If you ever get into an argument with an average Canadian (and note that ARFCOM Canadians are not representative of said average) once you bring up things like individual freedom and lower taxes they'll almost certainly retort with "muh free healthcare".

Sure, the Western provinces outside of Vancouver are more like us.  But the majority of Canadians in Ontario, the Maritimes, and much of Quebec are proudly statist.  Fidelito could send all of them to barren concentration camps outside of Sudbury and they'd express gratitude that he's giving them two bowls of rice per day, when in American camps they surely would only be getting one.

So Emperor Justinian is not going to be leaving 24 Sussex Drive anytime soon.  He's exactly what most Canadians want.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Horses work in the cold. I’d go full on Amish for transport.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This isn't just about reducing the world's population. If that were the case, we could just start cutting off the 3rd World and literally let nature take its course.
Half the world's population is teetering on the brink of a some humanitarian crisis or another at any given moment. What would it take to push them over?
This is about eliminating the middle class, and turning the world into some neo-feudal two tier society of elites and slaves.

View Quote
what if i told you that you're already a slave?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Many of you are assuming that EVs will be the same in 12 years as they are now…

I am against government mandates, but that is not a good assumption.
View Quote

They will have to at least double the cold winter range to even make it tolerable.  My Tesla model 3 gets roughly 60% of its stated range below freezing.  It’s not isolated.

I drove about 85 miles yesterday, starting with a 240 mi range and car was preconditioned before I left in the am.  Had 52 miles when I parked last night.  Started around 20 and got to a high around 41.  Car sat about 6 hours outside

Can they double that in 12 years?  I doubt it but maybe.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top