User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 288
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Shamelessly stolen elsewhere
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What's with "The Counter Signal"?  I clicked on the links above and it led me to a sign petition/donate tab for them. Legit?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to FJT, it allows him to bring in the RCMP to help local LE disperse the terrorists.
But it sounds a lot like he can do pretty much whatever he wants.
They are also going after terrorist's bank accounts, etc.

View Quote

Pretty much
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Pics of the "arsenal"
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Isn’t the point of the emergency act that during wartime if you own a manufacturing plant you can be forced  to manufacture munitions or tanks, Welders can be sent to shipyards...

Is he actually trying to sell this as insurrection?  Does anyone actually think his head would still be attached  if there were a legit insurrection?
View Quote

The libs in Ottawa do consider this an insurrection.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Credit to the dank memes thread.

He is so calm, it must be okay.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably more accurate to say people who have never had anything to lose have nothing to fight for. People who have had everything taken from them are another matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many times do we have to go over this?

People with nothing to lose have nothing to fight for. People who know they will lose what they have if they don't fight will fight.
On the other hand if the down side is "they already took everything" then the threshold for fuckery and violence may be as small as revenge or knock that commie fag on his ass for fun.

Your idea that those with nothing wont fight smacks of no real life experience.

Probably more accurate to say people who have never had anything to lose have nothing to fight for. People who have had everything taken from them are another matter.

Scuse me.

Anyone consider that these people are within a fraction of a millimeter of losing their country?

Not to mention, their ability to feed and house their families?

Let's keep our heads screwed on straight.

They have plenty to lose, even if the government takes everything from them but their lives that the government can. Government is not God.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's with "The Counter Signal"?  I clicked on the links above and it led me to a sign petition/donate tab for them. Legit?
View Quote

It should be twitter feed for user named TheRealKeean

Here is a cold link:
https://twitter.com/TheRealKeean
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The federal government has not met the threshold necessary to invoke the Emergencies Act. This law creates a high and clear standard for good reason: the Act allows government to bypass ordinary democratic processes. This standard has not been met.

The Emergencies Act can only be invoked when a situation "seriously threatens the ability of the Government of Canada to preserve the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of Canada" & when the situation "cannot be effectively dealt with under any other law of Canada."

Governments regularly deal with difficult situations, and do so using powers granted to them by democratically elected representatives. Emergency legislation should not be normalized. It threatens our democracy and our civil liberties. #cdnpoli

https://mobile.twitter.com/cancivlib/status/1493383579983917057
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You do know that it was negative degrees in freedom units today up in Canada, right?  

Most Canadians likely have outerwear to cover 10-12 hours in 15°F weather. Most will get uncomfortable in -8°F after a few hours.

Yes, I fully expected today to see a drop in protestors on foot. Tomorrow isn’t looking super great either.

Sure, some of the wind has been taken out of the sails, but you are discounting the obvious.
View Quote

The popo out there too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pics of the "arsenal"
View Quote

Trudeau will use this to ban more guns.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Please don't take what I posted as being unsympathetic to the protestors at all, but 2022 government with the ability to completely destroy you and everyone you love is a lot different than 1776 government existing an ocean away.  I think people have to be realistic about these things and realize that these are just regular people with families and a future, even if it is a diminished future because they live under a totalitarian government hell bent on destroying their livelihood.
View Quote

I didn't.  I don't always like what you have to say but I'm usually glad that someone is saying it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Stop posting stuff like that.

Trudeau will get uber-jealous; he clearly wants that kind of worship and control over other peoples lives.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The federal government has not met the threshold necessary to invoke the Emergencies Act. This law creates a high and clear standard for good reason: the Act allows government to bypass ordinary democratic processes. This standard has not been met.

The Emergencies Act can only be invoked when a situation "seriously threatens the ability of the Government of Canada to preserve the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of Canada" & when the situation "cannot be effectively dealt with under any other law of Canada."

Governments regularly deal with difficult situations, and do so using powers granted to them by democratically elected representatives. Emergency legislation should not be normalized. It threatens our democracy and our civil liberties. #cdnpoli

View Quote

I'm afraid this is going to be a trend.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Emergency legislation should not be normalized. It threatens our democracy and our civil liberties.

View Quote

Yeah. That's the point.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#17]
NYT deleted this tweet

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Legal legal legal, laws laws laws, rules rules rules, regulations regulations regulations....

Every form of tyranny that's ever existed on planet Earth has used arbitrary law as the context to implement itself. "Legal" and "illegal" are subjective bullshit words.

This is where all of the retards from 2016 learn why principles are important. The law stands on the whim of men and will deviate from right and wrong every single time. You're seeing it right here, right now. A principled individual is accountable to something much greater.

That's where the saying "resistance to tyranny is obedience to God..." came from. When you know right from wrong and you can make the distinction between natural law and man's law, you've ascended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
General strike coming next?

Seems like that is the next step. Go as big and wide as possible to put the most stress on the gov as possible.

I'm not sure if general strikes would be considered legal either, but it would have an equivalent impact. If other industries experienced strikes it would have a huge impact.

Legal legal legal, laws laws laws, rules rules rules, regulations regulations regulations....

Every form of tyranny that's ever existed on planet Earth has used arbitrary law as the context to implement itself. "Legal" and "illegal" are subjective bullshit words.

This is where all of the retards from 2016 learn why principles are important. The law stands on the whim of men and will deviate from right and wrong every single time. You're seeing it right here, right now. A principled individual is accountable to something much greater.

That's where the saying "resistance to tyranny is obedience to God..." came from. When you know right from wrong and you can make the distinction between natural law and man's law, you've ascended.

Sure. The idea is to make all ways an individual can resist illegal, that's where things trend. I'm not about to lose sight of the score, or what is happening, now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your CONCERN is noted.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder if FJB will be declaring martial law in the USA.

You know. For solidarity and stuff. Temporarily.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you have any reference for that, as the only video I was able to find shows a 22 going in one side, and out the other of a truck tire.

I have shot several passenger car, light truck, and motorcycle tires, and they all penetrate easily, and deflate slowly.  For fast deflation use 5.56 through the rim.
View Quote

Stick a knife in the sidewall of a tire with 30psi. Then stick a knife in the sidewall of a tire 5x the size with 100psi.
See which one takes your hand off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Canada conducted the givesendgo cyber attack, calling it now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
May have already been posted..

Yep
And now they’ll start freezing all the bank accounts of those who donated.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Trudeau will get uber-jealous; he clearly wants that kind of worship and control over other peoples lives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Using Trudy's image is an assault on canada, probably terrorism.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wonder what the actual support for the protestors in Canada is by the numbers. I don't have a good feel for how the Canadian population feels about this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate it for these people and it's staggering the lengths that the Canadian government will go to.  I just don't know if the numbers of people that they have will be enough to stop them. It doesn't mean that I don't want them to be successful, but as a student of history, it would be naive to place too much hope in their ability to be successful.  Most people simply don't want to be enemies of the state, which is why oppressive governments are so successful in situations like this. Even when you have "nothing to lose", the majority of people will still act in a way that keeps themselves from going to prison. It just is what it is.

About 3% of the colonists took up arms against King George.

To Theodoric's point, though, if they had metadata analysis at the time it would have been easy to figure out that simply arresting Paul Revere would have staved off the revolution by cutting essential communication between several involved groups.  The bank thing really worries me, and has me considering changing over to my local bank or credit union from the hefty boi I do business with now.

Bottom line, it is a lot harder now to be naughty in the name of freedom than it was a few hundred years ago.

Also think about this.

They are cracking down on these people who have peacefully protested against a western democracy...well a democracy in theory.  

Think about all the cash sloshing around in lobbying groups from foreigners or even more interesting is donations made to support say some Jihadist group in the ME.  

They are taking in many cases tougher action against their own citizens who have harmed no one than they have against the supposed enemy who they were apparently fighting overseas as well as little concern about Chinese money sloshing around within their own nation.

This is not the sign of a strong leader with the backing of his people.  This is a sign of someone on the ropes being prodded to hit harder when he's out of moves.  They're trying to keep this from going kinetic so they're going after what they believe will cause people the most harm.  Keep this in mind as we move towards our own situation like this in the US.  Do you have cash on hand?  Do you have a support network?  Access to cryptos and technology that isn't tied to you at least not directly?

I wonder what the actual support for the protestors in Canada is by the numbers. I don't have a good feel for how the Canadian population feels about this.

We shall see.  

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/1493387268014460928?cxt=HHwWgMC-4drzybkpAAAA[/tweet]

Canadian friends, you do realize that Trudeau just authorized your bank account to be frozen based on your posts on social media, right?

If you supported the #FreedomConvoy2022 or any protest iteration on social media, you are a target for asset forfeiture. You see that right?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Is that not terrorism as well?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Scuse me.

Anyone consider that these people are within a fraction of a millimeter of losing their country?

Not to mention, their ability to feed and house their families?

Let's keep our heads screwed on straight.

They have plenty to lose, even if the government takes everything from them but their lives that the government can. Government is not God.
View Quote

Govt is not a thing, it is people. They can be brought to their knees too. Ruling class families can feel pain the same as the serfs.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of the "arsenal"

This might be another way they could extend emergency powers, related to security of the borders.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Report from a Canadian regular on a blog I follow:

Whether we have won or not is open to question, but I can tell you that They have most certainly lost.

Since 2006 Canadians have been treated to the spectacle of group after group blockading roads and train tracks, burning cars, trying to burn trains, beating people, and even mass-murder. [Danforth shooter, the Incel ram-a-van guy, #BLM, the G-20 riots, Nathan Phillips Square taken over by Antifa… the list is long.] All along, the government insisted that protesting was a sacred right, and we had to allow these cretins to flip cop cars and punch out old ladies if they felt like it.

2020 rolled in with a Biblical plague. Canadians pulled together to fight it… except all those Antifa, #BLM and Indian riots kept right on being allowed to happen IN A PANDEMIC!!! And for two years we’ve been subjected to kids in masks that don’t work, mandates for a mad-science experiment that doesn’t even work at all, and lockdowns that do not reduce case loads while assholes riot, invade public spaces, crap on the sidewalk and the authorities let them.

But now -rednecks- are objecting to a government policy that is literally putting them out of business in their thousands, and we gotta have The Emergency Act. My experience driving around the last three weeks is that a very large number approaching 50% of Canadians cheerfully support the rednecks. When a rig drives by with Freedom Convoy signs, everybody honks and waves. People are not honking and waving for the cops.

Any moral authority they ever had is now gone. They have most certainly lost.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Better not read up on what our military did to native people.
View Quote

Or what they did to our own starving veterans.
Bonus army massacre
A different link
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Pics of the "arsenal"
View Quote

Why would 11 people need an arsenal of a weapon and half a person?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why is it a surprise that more money came from the US than Canada? Isn't the population of Canada about 38-40 million?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLlNAAtWUAYXJdQ?format=png&name=small

Why is it a surprise that more money came from the US than Canada? Isn't the population of Canada about 38-40 million?
Total donations from Canada, with less donors, were higher than the US.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Or to our own soldiers.  

Research "bonus army".
View Quote
Beat by a mile. Glad that someone else has heard of this.

On another note, instead of exclaiming how "they are afraid" every time we get our asses beat, maybe we should be afraid and act like a people that are in danger, because that's what we are. We are in danger because the global powers that be are literally global powers that can and will take away everything we need to be something other than indentured servants.

This is how it will go down,  not the Hollywood red dawn scenario everyone likes to jack off to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And Dementia Joe's DHS will announce that this is such a great idea, they will do it also in 3...2...1...
View Quote

This will spread like wildfire. I anticipate that all those countries that were walking back the restrictions will now double down on them. I hope to be wrong but none of this is a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Government sponsored financial terrorism
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Total donations from Canada, with less donors, were higher than the US.
View Quote

I knew that the MOMENT they focused on number of donations.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Beat by a mile. Glad that someone else has heard of this.

On another note, instead of exclaiming how "they are afraid" every time we get our asses beat, maybe we should be afraid and act like a people that are in danger, because that's what we are. We are in danger because the global powers that be are literally global powers that can and will take away everything we need to be something other than indentured servants.

This is how it will go down,  not the Hollywood red dawn scenario everyone likes to jack off to.
View Quote

No, I think I'll keep treating the panicked power grabs as panicked power grabs thankyouverymuch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We shall see.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/1493387268014460928?cxt=HHwWgMC-4drzybkpAAAA[/tweet]
View Quote
Post made by 40xb?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#41]
The live streams seem to show MUCH less people in downtown Ottawa....

Did people already start leaving?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This will spread like wildfire. I anticipate that all those countries that were walking back the restrictions will now double down on them. I hope to be wrong but none of this is a good thing.
View Quote
And that my friends is an example of how leaders will slit their own throats.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looks great on paper.
Now, enforce it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No strike.  The emergencies act FORCES you tor work.

Looks great on paper.
Now, enforce it.
Dammit, that's the third truck I wrecked this week. I really suck at this job.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He's always the contrarian / downer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many times do we have to go over this?

People with nothing to lose have nothing to fight for. People who know they will lose what they have if they don't fight will fight.

He's always the contrarian / downer.
People that are observing and concerned over the reality that's happening are not "contractions" they are realists.

The eternal optimists have been wrong about everything time and time again. They turn every defeat into an imaginary victory. It's no wonder we don't win, we don't recognize the difference between winning and losing.

Plus it's easier to pretend than to acknowledge the reality that is going on, when you pretend you don't have to do anything.

I'm reminded of the people that think they can self identify as whatever race or gender they want.

I suppose the people that had everything taken from them can just pretend their way back to having a bank account.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Post made by 40xb?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We shall see.  

Post made by 40xb?
Not sure what that means (I am clueless) but for some reason I cannot post tweets on this laptop.  I did edit my post with the content of the tweet.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's definitionally not terrorism when it's State sponsored. /liberalism
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Fuck Justin Castro Jr... Fuck Joe Biden

Governments will abuse their citizens if they allow it.
Governments will respect their citizens if they demand it.
All power comes from the People.

Withdraw Consent / Become Ungovernable until the rule of law is upheld.

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Please don't take what I posted as being unsympathetic to the protestors at all, but 2022 government with the ability to completely destroy you and everyone you love is a lot different than 1776 government existing an ocean away.  I think people have to be realistic about these things and realize that these are just regular people with families and a future, even if it is a diminished future because they live under a totalitarian government hell bent on destroying their livelihood.
View Quote

So your statement is as bolded above

People should just kneel and live with it huh....

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#49]
If the people of Canada wanted to be free they would all flood to Ottawa, especially after the latest power grab.  Instead of a few thousand protesters it should be tens of thousands that descend on the city with more coming each day after that.  A couple thousand people isn't going to change the mind of a tyrant who thinks he is god's gift to mankind.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Your CONCERN is noted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are a lot of people involved in this that aren't facing the loss of everything because of the mandate. They are facing the loss of everything if the continue to protest. I'm just pointing out that this is a problem for the protestors. I don't think they have the numbers to stand up to a concerted effort by the government to go after them. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the fact that the Ambassador Bridge protest was broken up so easily is instructive.

Your CONCERN is noted.
As is your lack of realistic perception.
Page / 288
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top