[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ottawan meltdown video:

View Quote
"Reeeeeee! reeeeeee!"

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is the media only interviewing Pakistani truck drivers?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]

First Neil gets Spotified now he gets raped with this song. I hope he has a cry box and some coloring books.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Skinny jeans has lost his patience.

Oh my. HONK!

Something tells me that arrogant twat was never patient.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Skinny jeans has lost his patience.

Oh my. HONK!

Something tells me that arrogant twat was never patient.

What a hissy fit.

He should start supporting the truckers, make a public statement in support. Then we should mail him a little plastic horn of his own.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Reeeeeee! reeeeeee!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ottawan meltdown video:

"Reeeeeee! reeeeeee!"

Had to do that to obtain a passing grade at the academy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there a fair estimate of the percentage of the trucking fleet that's participating?  I'd like to get a sense of how disrupted the supply chain is right now.  Must be pretty hosed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is there a fair estimate of the percentage of the trucking fleet that's participating?  I'd like to get a sense of how disrupted the supply chain is right now.  Must be pretty hosed.
View Quote

Numbers I've heard are that Canada has about 200k native trucks. Somewhere around 50k involved in this.

"Hosed" doesn't capture it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

200,000 registered tractors (power units of tractor trailers.)

Another ~500,000 local delivery trucks.

About 1/4 of the tractor fleet is protesting supposedly.  

With current supply chain issues, I’d imagine another 10% of trucks are parked being broken. Waiting for parts.  Another 10-20% parked without drivers.

A lot of local delivery trucks can’t run without the supply chain. Plus a lot of them are construction vehicles. Which wouldn’t run this time of year anyways.

So you’re probably looking at 25-30% of all trucks parked right now for the protest or otherwise. Maybe more. As drivers could just walk off the job.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd like to know that as well. Based on the numbers we've seen published, it looks like anywhere from 20-35% of all the trucks in Canada are participating. I would imagine there are a lot of truckers who are having a sudden case of Kung Flu, taking vacay, etc. There's probably a lot of others that are participating in actual protests that aren't making it to the news.

My complete and total guess is if the protest lasts more than a few more days, things will go from inconvenient to exceptionally grim. It's one thing when you can't get a quart of oil to put in your old car. It's quite another to not be able to buy a can of soup at the grocery store because there isn't any. Anywhere. That's the thing about truckers. They move all the things people need to actually live on. Shut that off and the JIT supply chain goes to crap in a big hurry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's hurting them more than they want to admit. I'm involved in trucking, and I'm seeing more loads posted trying to find trucks that will haul into Canada then I have ever seen in my life. Literally tens of thousands of loads posted every day, trying to get people to take them to Canada. Thousands of loads out of my state going to other places in the US posted by Canadian companies. These are loads that should never touch a Canadian truck anyway, and it's adding more stress to our supply line problems.
I hope they keep their Strike Up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Even if you disagree with the protest, it’s still enough of a headache to move around, you just might drive home and let things blow over. I’d guess 40% of trucks aren’t moving.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to Justin 90% of truckers are already vaccinated and it’s only a fringe minority participating in this insurrection. With that in mind I’d say little to no disruption in the supply chain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

O gawd yes!

PLEASE THIS!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone needs to do a "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World" parody.

"Keep on Honkin' in the Free World"

Neil Young would implode.

O gawd yes!

PLEASE THIS!!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know to alleviate the suffering of the poor people trapped in the honking, I see a great alternative option for Castro Junior:

Certainly the Canadian military has a plan to evacuate the city if its hit by a disaster, and feed and shelter refugees.  Maybe say a tent city or old military base. Maybe call up their friends in Australia or China for Covid camp plans.  

A camp where they'll be safe from honking and fed MREs.  They can even sit on a cot and do their WFH jobs. They have to stay for at least two weeks for quarantine purposes, of course.

I hear China has a few empty cities to spare. Honk free in the Workers' Paradise!

Anybody know Bill Bailey's political leanings or if he takes request?  

METALLICA Enter Sandman [Air-Horn Version] (By Bill Bailey)
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#21]
If Trudeau sees his shadow, will there be six more weeks of protests?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

According to Justin 90% of truckers are already vaccinated and it’s only a fringe minority participating in this insurrection. With that in mind I’d say little to no disruption in the supply chain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be great
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

i highly doubt it is 90%. lets say for sake of argument it is 90% though how many got the shot and are participating in the protest anyways
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a lie. The people who organized this even said it's about 50%.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why is the media only interviewing Pakistani truck drivers?
View Quote

Because they're good little sheeple that will go with the talking points.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Reeeeeee! reeeeeee!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ottawan meltdown video:

"Reeeeeee! reeeeeee!"

" The honking will continue untill freedom improves."

Simply awesome.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can be vaxxed, and still be against mandates.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Great post! @Geralt55

“Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience.” ~ John Locke (1690)

The two sides shave irreconcilable differences, primarily because one side believes in freedom for all, and the other side wants nothing less than total domination over and compliance from its opponent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in a blue state near a big city.
They've never met people in "fly over country" but they're sure they're better than them.
Everyone out there is a bunch of backwards bigots, and their W2s and job titles are often not good enough.
(A doctor in the south is not as good as one in the big city, because, they aren't.)

^ These are real attitudes.
I'm not making that up. It's widespread and common here, and worse if I drive a few miles and pay a few tolls.

That narcissistic garbage you saw on reddit? Is a looking glass into the mentality.
In reality, these people are a bunch of entitled snotty children.
Their every little whim and policy/social issue gets discussed. And not just discussed - the non-believers ( who are not members of their religion) get badgered into submission, and they get what they want.
And the next policy plate is fed into a media stamping machine, and every few months the media stamps another thing that we 100% need or we aren't going to lefty heaven utopia.

Remember the left used to be these people:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/LS308_jpg-2263500.JPG

Then at some point they felt entitled to tell your kids that anyone with your skin tone (including YOUR grandparents, who were likely fucking poor) are bad people in school.
Then they felt entitled to casually talk about criminalizing you for a firearm you legally purchased once upon a time, many years after the fact.
Then they felt entitled to taking away your political voice, via suggesting adding states, senators, etc - anything to rip away your power.
Now YOUR memes, CORRECT OR NOT, are "Disinformation" and have to go. Enjoy your FB ban. Enjoy your reddit ban. Enjoy your twitter ban.
If your son puts on a dress? Shoot him up with hormones, the state-church says he's a daughter now.

Now you HAVE to take the most dangerous vaccine we've ever fielded, to time-delay an efficacy window? Even at a 97% vaccination rate we are NOT hitting herd immunity, there were small countries who literally did that, didn't work?
And you either HAVE to take that, or, they're being casual about you losing your job?
WTF?
How dare they?
"Well you're not entitled to fly, nor keep your job" ..... fucking what?
What's left?
Self defense is gone, freedom of speech is gone, your political vote is mangled - and they will import 100,000s of new voters if you won't do what they want you to.
(all the while they want you to keep driving that truck. That's right. Leave the package on the porch and scram you filthy bigot REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

And these are your moral superiors.
There's basically nothing left?
What else is there to take?
In their lefty race-obsessed neo-confederate zones with only 2 economic classes?

"Omg the truckers need to go home!"
...why? With no jobs they will lose those homes?
They aren't going home to 6figure work from home jobs
THEIR JOB WAS TAKEN FROM THEM.
THEY AREN'T GOING TO A SAFE HAPPY SPOT WHERE EVERYTHING IS FINE.

And they aren't upset about a shadow-puppet bogeyman of systematic racism they haven't seen in their lifetime, THEIR JOB WAS TAKEN AWAY BY A MAN WHO IS ACTING LIKE HE'S A KING!
And no matter how many times, they kick those working class truckers in teeth?
No matter what level of social or political bullying they inflict on them?
They ask them to suffer QUIETER, and bend to their will, as they keep their way of life on life support.

I hope those arrogant lefty cityfolks who genuinely hated the truckers BEFORE they showed up, enjoy another 2 weeks of honking.

Great post! @Geralt55

“Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience.” ~ John Locke (1690)

The two sides shave irreconcilable differences, primarily because one side believes in freedom for all, and the other side wants nothing less than total domination over and compliance from its opponent.

What's a weird thought is, Teamblue had been trolling the right so badly for a few years, Orangeman was chosen pretty much BECAUSE they couldn't throw back at their Karen-ass liberal neighbor.
Every week that guy would come out of his house and socially-shame his neighbor for not going along with his Televangelist preacher said on NBC.
The polite plumber, who hadn't gotten a raise in a long time as the world got more expensive, took it politely.
The TV punched down at him (Jimmy Kimmel), hollyweird movies he grew up loving got ruined.
Instead of realizing it was the opinions and fee-fees of a very loud arrogant few?
They were told, "haha it's called progressTM it's supposed to be uncomfortable!"

The Mitt Romneys and W Bush types, "Sure I know those flyover rubes are backwards but I'm not lmao."
Those guys never defended their base the way they did their egos when Trump started hurling political "yo momma" jokes at them.
AFTER that they sacked up. Then they found their balls.

Trump was the relief valve going off.
After years of millionaires on TV punching down at trucker drivers via SNL?

Finally, a twitter troll emerges. They come for Donald and he goes, "FRANKLY HER RATINGS ARE AS BAD AS HER NOSEJOB - SAD."
And a lot of people said, "know what? good."
But the media didn't like someone throwing back in kind.
Not. One. Bit.

So they naturally refused to talk about the economy for 3.5 years, first time in my adult life.
The psyop pieces designed to hold their base together as they lost an election to a walk on candidate with a pottymouth, after telling millions of people, "He literally can't win please don't show up lol."
And all the other shenanigans.

The 14year team-blue beermuscles powertrip, fueled by social media being left of the media (which pulled them even further left and the overton window along with it)?
They put their hand on the pendulum, the political pendulum that swings back and forth for generations. Their "victory" wasn't real.
They didn't win the debates, they just declared them over.
They had hoped to cap in their gains and keep pushing, and they kinda were in their 1 party rule coastal states.
But they also have been bottling the political pressure.

You've seen in places like CA and NYC, with NO opposition party, they're turning those places into Mexico.
An upper class and a serf class, high crime, corruption, opulence surrounded by poverty.
An opposition party exists at times to hold that other party back from their worst ideas.  
Without them, they just happen.

And now we're forcing medical experiments onto college kids (that basically won't really benefit them, and take risks), so they can go to school.
A school that will probably "bankrupt" them for 10 years, and pushes the dating lives of young women back far enough that some of them will age out of having children before they meet someone.
Fucking jesus christ guys.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We need to duplicate this in Washington DC, the cesspool of America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had figured the authorities would circle in on them and all.
I did NOT expect blockade runners. I didn't realize the towtruck drivers would call out (if true)
It didn't seem immediately obvious to me that hometown hockey heroes were going to root for them on twitter.

I do hope the mandates there get lifted.
But I do wonder if we're seeing something "impossible" happen.
If we're watching people get the stomach to want to roll up government over-reach, if that attitude is now becoming more popular than it's ever been.

We need to duplicate this in Washington DC, the cesspool of America.

Man it scares me, it does.
The republican side has to walk a tight-rope.

Team blue isn't responsible (in the media) for its own actual failures. It's not responsible for its problems caused by its own policies - watch how the lefty cities report crime.
They let criminals out as fast as possible? They push normal people out?
They talk about crime as if they're talking about a hurricane.
Like they have NOTHING they had to do with it.

Remember "antifa is an idea", it somehow literally doesn't even exist.
You can supposedly buy the goddamn merch on amazon. They have a logo. People put it on their dating profiles.
"Doesn't exist."
But manbear-front, with no message, somehow does.
BTW apparently neither does BLM violence, no matter how many billions of dollars of damage they cause, or how many videos come out, or WHAT the bodycount/arrest count becomes.
It's wild.

There's no accountability, no matter how shitty they get?

But flip it the other way. Anyone in the center and the right is not JUST accountable for what they actually say, but what the blue checkmarks imagined they said/meant.
That's right, you can drill the field goal, but if they didn't LIKE your fieldgoal, whoooooooooooosh public shaming  campaign.

I guess what I'm saying is, anyone not in the lefty-elite-borg-groupthink has to walk a tightrope. They really do.
They have to throw a perfect strike, and even THEN it's risky.
You're accountable for what you said, AND what they imagined you said, AND what they can somehow tie to you no matter how unrelated or fake or drummed up it is.

Absolutely ridiculous.
But my real concern, is this:

Attachment Attached File

Idk if we can do this in the US.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know A LOT of people who wanted nothing to do with the vaccine but got it in fear of losing their livelihood. I've said this before on other platforms but I'll  say it here again...Leveraging the well being of my family to force me to put something in my body that I'm not comfortable with  is evil..just evil
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#32]
America Convoy

Bottom of the article mentions other countries are joining in…
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd like to know that as well. Based on the numbers we've seen published, it looks like anywhere from 20-35% of all the trucks in Canada are participating. I would imagine there are a lot of truckers who are having a sudden case of Kung Flu, taking vacay, etc. There's probably a lot of others that are participating in actual protests that aren't making it to the news.

My complete and total guess is if the protest lasts more than a few more days, things will go from inconvenient to exceptionally grim. It's one thing when you can't get a quart of oil to put in your old car. It's quite another to not be able to buy a can of soup at the grocery store because there isn't any. Anywhere. That's the thing about truckers. They move all the things people need to actually live on. Shut that off and the JIT supply chain goes to crap in a big hurry.
View Quote

This exactly. These guys found the golden strategy. This can win. Anything I can do to help support it I will. I can only hope the strategy spreads.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@grug
@sbr_slut

you fellas had best be sharing those lentil recipes. #lentilgang
View Quote

5lbs for you!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
America Convoy

Bottom of the article mentions other countries are joining in…
View Quote

From the article: "The Biden administration is now requiring all non-U.S. citizens entering the country, including Canadian and Mexican truck drivers, to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID."

Obviously won't include hundreds of thousands of illegal border crossers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Man it scares me, it does.
The republican side has to walk a tight-rope.

Team blue isn't responsible (in the media) for its own actual failures. It's not responsible for its problems caused by its own policies - watch how the lefty cities report crime.
They let criminals out as fast as possible? They push normal people out?
They talk about crime as if they're talking about a hurricane.
Like they have NOTHING they had to do with it.

Remember "antifa is an idea", it somehow literally doesn't even exist.
You can supposedly buy the goddamn merch on amazon. They have a logo. People put it on their dating profiles.
"Doesn't exist."
But manbear-front, with no message, somehow does.
BTW apparently neither does BLM violence, no matter how many billions of dollars of damage they cause, or how many videos come out, or WHAT the bodycount/arrest count becomes.
It's wild.

There's no accountability, no matter how shitty they get?

But flip it the other way. Anyone in the center and the right is not JUST accountable for what they actually say, but what the blue checkmarks imagined they said/meant.
That's right, you can drill the field goal, but if they didn't LIKE your fieldgoal, whoooooooooooosh public shaming  campaign.

I guess what I'm saying is, anyone not in the lefty-elite-borg-groupthink has to walk a tightrope. They really do.
They have to throw a perfect strike, and even THEN it's risky.
You're accountable for what you said, AND what they imagined you said, AND what they can somehow tie to you no matter how unrelated or fake or drummed up it is.

Absolutely ridiculous.
But my real concern, is this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/63bogv_jpg-2263927.JPG

Idk if we can do this in the US.
View Quote
You have a great way of putting it down. I think this is spot on. Even if, there will be a "Patriot Front" that does what the group isn't/wasn't planning that will paint a narrative perfectly.

I see a lot of parallels between what is going on in Canada and here with politicians on both sides: leftists doing the norm, spineless righties with no intention to represent constituents. We've got cities full of woke assholes and media that gaslights us into thinking conservative thought is dead and we're a minority, "fringe".

What is going on in Canada is a great roadmap on how it can be done but is that possible here? Everyone on the same page...sheeit.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@wtfboombrb
https://youtu.be/SZUO1L8KcJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZUO1L8KcJ0

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Simply awesome.
View Quote

"Keep on honking in a free world"
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What a hissy fit.

He should start supporting the truckers, make a public statement in support. Then we should mail him a little plastic horn of his own.
View Quote

That would be awesome!

Little horn go Honk! Honk!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Even a weather app is trolling.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Weather the truckers are participating or not the supply chain is getting slowed down by supporters across the country. Think about the amount of delay caused by the AB/MT border closure.

They need to start a movement in the US to "give a load to the Canadians" in which a trucker here would simply do one less load a week than they normally would. Drivers for large fleets could participate in this way.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That would be awesome!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a hissy fit.

That would be awesome!

Someone should do a direct mass mailing of little plastic horns to every residential address in the Downtown Ottawa core asking for thier support for freedom... When its all over they get a damn horn to remember it by.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Simply awesome.
View Quote

It's so hard to determine if real life is following memes, or if memes are following real life anymore.

It is by will alone I set my memes in motion.  It is by the tears of liberals that memes acquire speed, the memes acquires honks, the honks become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my memes in motion.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's so hard to determine if real life is following memes, or if memes are following real life anymore.

It is by will alone I set my memes in motion.  It is by the tears of liberals that memes acquire speed, the memes acquires honks, the honks become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my memes in motion.
View Quote
With the WTForcast it was going to say shit no matter what was happening.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#48]

I seen another that said "flatten the mandates"
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Pretty cool drone vid!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1488651800073089024
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 288
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top