Page / 288
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Edit I was wrong the guy says Ottawa at the beginning of the stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKyCkJhNqY
View Quote

That's the CN tower in Toronto in the background.

No worries though, these things are happening ALL OVER CANADA TODAY !!!

Gig 'em !!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I doubt they are going to eat that million already donated. They probably aren't refunding that portion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So chargebacks penalties are dependent on the banks/cc companies? I'm wondering how much would GFM be into their own pockets having to pay all the chargebacks?

Of course they would just raise their fees and not raid their own profits.

IIRC, they disbursed $1mil of the funds to the truckers already, so if they are issuing blanket refunds to every donor, they're already going to be out that cash. Combined with a bunch of charge-backs, which may or may not happen now, they might be out a couple million.

A drop in the bucket to them, likely. I don't know what their net worth and profits are though. I'm sure this is just all about the optics of stealing cash and giving it to who they wanted to, instead of refunding it. They chose a stupid initial path, and have retreated back.

I doubt they are going to eat that million already donated. They probably aren't refunding that portion.

What are they going to do? Refund everyone less 10% of what they donated?

I think that would end up biting them in the ass too. Better to just eat the million.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, they were fining people for illegal hockey and tobogganing last winter......
View Quote
Wait they outlawed hockey. Are there outlaw hockey leagues?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually yes.

LOL
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gig 'em !!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Edit I was wrong the guy says Ottawa at the beginning of the stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKyCkJhNqY

Gig 'em !!!

Walked past the CN tower when attending Red Sox games in Toronto one weekend. There was some sort of tourist thingy (ride to the top) that I contemplated until I saw the price. Glad I visited but I have no desire to go back.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think that would end up biting them in the ass too. Better to just eat the million.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So chargebacks penalties are dependent on the banks/cc companies? I'm wondering how much would GFM be into their own pockets having to pay all the chargebacks?

Of course they would just raise their fees and not raid their own profits.

IIRC, they disbursed $1mil of the funds to the truckers already, so if they are issuing blanket refunds to every donor, they're already going to be out that cash. Combined with a bunch of charge-backs, which may or may not happen now, they might be out a couple million.

A drop in the bucket to them, likely. I don't know what their net worth and profits are though. I'm sure this is just all about the optics of stealing cash and giving it to who they wanted to, instead of refunding it. They chose a stupid initial path, and have retreated back.

I figured they would keep the first million donated as that's the first million out.

I do hope they lose a million though that would be best serves them right.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, they were fining people for illegal hockey and tobogganing last winter......

They banned gatherings of people with their draconian lock downs.  There are some videos out of there of the cops trying to remove people playing hockey on a pond and slipping and falling- really funny.  

Never thought I'd be in favor of defunding the police but certain departments need to be defunded until they can get real leaderships in place.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Gig 'em !!!
View Quote
I had an interesting moment at the airport in Toronto one time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Walked past the CN tower when attending Red Sox games in Toronto one weekend. There was some sort of tourist thingy (ride to the top) that I contemplated until I saw the price. Glad I visited but I have no desire to go back.
View Quote

You only have to visit Toronto once. During the day. 2 hours should do it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Actually yes.

LOL
View Quote
That is fucked up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had an interesting moment at the airport in Toronto one time.
View Quote

Pearson is a cesspool.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

When hockey is outlawed, only outlaws will play hockey.

I run an outlaw 3 gun league. In fact, we had outlaw outlaw matches during the "lockdowns".
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Took my first cab ride in Toronto. I didn't know you were supposed to go to the first cab in line. I thought the two arab drivers were going to kill each other right there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They banned gatherings of people with their draconian lock downs.  There are some videos out of there of the cops trying to remove people playing hockey on a pond and slipping and falling- really funny.  

Never thought I'd be in favor of defunding the police but certain departments need to be defunded until they can get real leaderships in place.
View Quote
I remember those now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Bunch of feminized beta makes losing their women DUE TO HONKS
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pearson is a cesspool.
View Quote
Well I was almost naked in January of 2002 there. The metal detector kept going of and I kept stripping closes until I was in my boxers. At that point I got mad grabbed my clothes and told them to just try and stop me from getting on the plane.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Took my first cab ride in Toronto. I didn't know you were supposed to go to the first cab in line. I thought the two arab drivers were going to kill each other right there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would have fun at the Calgary airport !
White Uber drivers have been beaten for dropping passengers off there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Now that it's been over a week, what kind of affect has it had on the supply chain?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You would have fun at the Calgary airport !
White Uber drivers have been beaten for dropping passengers off there.
View Quote
I stepped in and told the driver of the lead car he was a dick and we were taking the one we wanted. He agreed and didn't really want a problem from three Texans ranging in height from 6'1" to 6'5". we couldn't go anywhere without being noticed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well I was almost naked in January of 2002 there. The metal detector kept going of and I kept stripping closes until I was in my boxers. At that point I got mad grabbed my clothes and told them to just try and stop me from getting on the plane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pearson is a cesspool.

Ha !

They tried that with Mrs Dagger 2 years ago, she got pissed and asked who was going to get a bag for her diaper because 'The fucking thing is almost full'.
We got waved off immediately.

God Bless her.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beer me that water!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#23]
DT. Been getting power spikes here since this morning.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ha !

They tried that with Mrs Dagger 2 years ago, she got pissed and asked who was going to get a bag for her diaper because 'The fucking thing is almost full'.
We got waved off immediately.

God Bless her.
View Quote
Well remeber this not long after air travel was restarted after 9/11. Everyone was on edge and nobody really knew what to do. Hell the laws changed while I was up there. It went from just using a drivers license to get on a plane to needing a birth certificate. Get that to Kincardine, Canada? Enjoyed to countryside of Canada but the cities are just cities.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Beer me that water!
View Quote
Dude I was waiting to be tackled by the cops. They didn't though and I put my shit back on and went on my way. I hated it held everyone up that was in line.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/qkdbVWFC/E54-B1938-0-DEC-4330-97-EE-C91-C7-F6-AF841.png

View Quote

Lol..."haven't slept in 16 hrs"
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well remeber this not long after air travel was restarted after 9/11. Everyone was on edge and nobody really knew what to do. Hell the laws changed while I was up there. It went from just using a drivers license to get on a plane to needing a birth certificate. Get that to Kincardine, Canada? Enjoyed to countryside of Canada but the cities are just cities.
View Quote

To be fair, most cities in Canada are much better than Toronto.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]

This native Canadian is sure doing his best to conserve the country's principles and ethics. (Sarc)

Fuckin asshat takes pleasure in destroying country that took him in.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My text above was a cut and paste of their first update.   If you go there now, you see they edited the original to now read:

we will work with organizers to send all remaining funds to credible and established charities chosen by the Freedom Convoy 2022 organizers and verified by GoFundMe.

That matches the text they now have up in a new update, saying they will automatically issue refunds, which reads as follows:

The update we issued earlier (below) enabled all donors to get a refund and outlined a plan to distribute remaining funds to verified charities selected by the Freedom Convoy organizers.

But if you read their original first update, you see that they had NOT said the organizers were going to get to choose.

Lying cucks gonna lie and cuck, I guess....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://medium.com/gofundme-stories/update-gofundme-statement-on-the-freedom-convoy-2022-fundraiser-4ca7e9714e82

UPDATE: GoFundMe Statement on the Freedom Convoy 2022 Fundraiser

GoFundMe supports peaceful protests and we believe that was the intention of the Freedom Convoy 2022 fundraiser when it was first created.

We now have evidence from law enforcement that the previously peaceful demonstration has become an occupation, with police reports of violence and other unlawful activity.

To ensure GoFundMe remains a trusted platform, we work with local authorities to ensure we have a detailed, factual understanding of events taking place on the ground. Following a review of relevant facts and multiple discussions with local law enforcement and city officials, this fundraiser is now in violation of our Terms of Service (Term 8, which prohibits the promotion of violence and harassment) and has been removed from the platform.
Organizers provided a clear distribution plan for the initial $1M that was released earlier this week and confirmed funds would be used only for participants who traveled to Ottawa to participate in a peaceful protest. Given how this situation has evolved, no further funds will be directly distributed to the Freedom Convoy organizers — we will work with organizers to send all remaining funds to credible and established charities verified by GoFundMe.

My text above was a cut and paste of their first update.   If you go there now, you see they edited the original to now read:

we will work with organizers to send all remaining funds to credible and established charities chosen by the Freedom Convoy 2022 organizers and verified by GoFundMe.

That matches the text they now have up in a new update, saying they will automatically issue refunds, which reads as follows:

The update we issued earlier (below) enabled all donors to get a refund and outlined a plan to distribute remaining funds to verified charities selected by the Freedom Convoy organizers.

But if you read their original first update, you see that they had NOT said the organizers were going to get to choose.

Lying cucks gonna lie and cuck, I guess....

Revision of history in real time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#31]
D.O.A. - Taking Care of Business

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Edit- Deleted.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/qkdbVWFC/E54-B1938-0-DEC-4330-97-EE-C91-C7-F6-AF841.png

View Quote

Somebody needs to post Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't fear the reaper" under each of these types of posts.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

To be fair, most cities in Canada are much better than Toronto.
View Quote
The only other city I have been to there is Vancouver. That was the late 90's and it wasn't bad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Added to Tyrant's To Do list:
+Remove any ability of citizens to do anything like this again (should at least ban Sonic Assault Devices)
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Added to Tyrant's To Do list:
+Remove any ability of citizens to do anything like this again (should at least ban Sonic Assault Devices)
View Quote

Sonichu sad... :(
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Well at least they caught the BASTARD.

CTV Winnipeg was supposed to carry a live news conference on his arrest 30 minutes ago.
I guess they got orders not to cover it.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
https://medium.com/gofundme-stories/update-gofundme-statement-on-the-freedom-convoy-2022-fundraiser-4ca7e9714e82

UPDATE: GoFundMe Statement on the Freedom Convoy 2022 Fundraiser

GoFundMe supports peaceful protests and we believe that was the intention of the Freedom Convoy 2022 fundraiser when it was first created.

We now have evidence from law enforcement that the previously peaceful demonstration has become an occupation, with police reports of violence and other unlawful activity.

To ensure GoFundMe remains a trusted platform, we work with local authorities to ensure we have a detailed, factual understanding of events taking place on the ground. Following a review of relevant facts and multiple discussions with local law enforcement and city officials, this fundraiser is now in violation of our Terms of Service (Term 8, which prohibits the promotion of violence and harassment) and has been removed from the platform.
Organizers provided a clear distribution plan for the initial $1M that was released earlier this week and confirmed funds would be used only for participants who traveled to Ottawa to participate in a peaceful protest. Given how this situation has evolved, no further funds will be directly distributed to the Freedom Convoy organizers — we will work with organizers to send all remaining funds to credible and established charities verified by GoFundMe.
View Quote

That's fucking theft - on a big-ass scale
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Some good interviews with counter protesters going on

Live from Ottawa - Counter-Protesters at the Freedom Convoy 2022? Viva Frei Live

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Leftists caused over $2 billion in damages, injured 700 police, and burned down or destroyed countless businesses in summer 2020, and this progressive shill says they have NOT been disruptive enough in the past?

I hope we can duplicate what Canadians are doing in DC and around the nation, and that everyone holds the line until these tyrants surrender.

They have declared war on freedom, and we cannot lose any more ground.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

CTV Winnipeg was supposed to carry a live news conference on his arrest 30 minutes ago.

View Quote

I saw a short video of the press conference. Not much info.
4 protesters injured. 3 treated at the scene and one taken to hospital treated and released.

They arrested the driver. Has been charged with a bunch of things.
Name is being with held until charges are formally sworn in.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This one can’t help but be attracted to the giga-Chad truckers and hates herself for it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTATJjWSwP8
View Quote

oof

Viva interviewing the soy-boi counter protesters whining about the honks

eta: surprise, counter protester just whines and has no answer about Castro Jr. and parliament implementing country-wide Vax passport program

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

oof

eta: surprise, counter protester just whines and has no answer about Castro Jr. and parliament implementing country-wide Vax passport program

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTATJjWSwP8

oof

And Antifa-style streamer suppression tactics were being used against Viva.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

4 protesters injured. 3 treated at the scene and one taken to hospital treated and released.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Name probably being withheld until they can scrub his social media accounts.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the info !

Probably busy scrubbing his online shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Them big rigs are thirsty....
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 288
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top