User Panel

Page / 288
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

From Toronto Sun newspaper:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-protests-or-not-the-mandates-still-need-to-go

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-protests-or-not-the-mandates-still-need-to-go

EDITORIAL: Protests or not, the mandates still need to go
Author of the article: Sun Media
Publishing date: Feb 04, 2022  •  18 hours ago  •  2 minute read  •   35 Comments

Article content
Canadians are currently split on their perspectives of the protests flaring up across the nation. That is to be expected in a democracy such as ours.

What began as a single convoy specifically protesting a trucker vaccine mandate has morphed into a broader movement of diverse voices opposed to different aspects of government COVID-19 rules.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and others, have gone out of their way to amplify the handful of bad actors at the Ottawa protests and paint everyone with the same brush.

Those bad actors certainly deserve condemnation and, if appropriate, criminal charges and arrests.

But it’s disingenuous of Trudeau — and other politicians and some members of the media — to ignore the very valid concerns raised by the protesters, both those in Ottawa and the ones set to appear in Toronto, parts of Alberta and other regions of the country.

The residents of Ottawa who live close to the convoy are rightfully upset at the non-stop honking that has made it difficult for them to focus and even sleep. It’s hard to blame them for calling for this to end.

But we shouldn’t lose sight of the forest for the trees — which is the issue of the overbearing COVID-19 rules most Canadians still live under.

The core request of the protesters is that the mandates should be ended. They happen to be right.

We don’t believe the mandates should end because all of a sudden everyone needs to cave to the requests of the protesters.

No, we believe the mandates should end because it’s the right thing to do, and we have called for that to happen in these pages prior to the beginning of the convoys.

Canadian public health officials say it’s time to treat COVID-19 like the flu. We watch as other countries drop all of their restrictions. Saskatchewan is about to do just that. Alberta is set to announce a time to end their vaccine passports. National public opinion supports heading in this direction.

It’s reasonable to take issue with the tactics of these protests, but it’s also reasonable — and necessary — to end the mandates nationwide.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What province is the hit and run guy's license plate from?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's the CN tower in Toronto in the background.

No worries though, these things are happening ALL OVER CANADA TODAY !!!

Gig 'em !!!
View Quote

Yes they are. Lot of honking coming from the QE2 highway right now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hope they find that POS and beat his ass....
View Quote
If the truckers find them, they'll probably jus turn them over to the police.

I wouldn't mind a bit of "That sound from inside that empty trailer that sounds like a bowling ball hitting the floor? Probably just Jimmy didn't secure his load. He's bad like that sometimes."
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What province is the hit and run guy's license plate from?
View Quote

Manitoba
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

This isn't small. Traffic is backed up for 25 miles out of Edmonton.

I'm technically a part of it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/365646/20220205_130952_jpg-2268024.JPG

View Quote

Fuckin' eh.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Give Millet a wave !
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's why I didn't give to the GFM because they always screw over non-leftists.

The truckers need an alternative.
View Quote

Their lawyer stated the other day that they are incorporating, so I imagine we will be able to donate to them directly before too long.

ETA: nevermind
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Trudeau is such a sissy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you, @Roddy556
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't get the stream to load but it say it from Vancouver

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Police Raid Ottawa: The People push them back

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
For miles, all day

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#15]
From Toronto

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fuckin' eh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin' eh.

It is bumper to bumper going towards the capital downtown. I don't know how a person is ever going to leave the downtown area. This is ten fold bigger than any Stanley Cup game.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's why I didn't give to the GFM because they always screw over non-leftists.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It’s more than just them screwing over non-aligned people. The fee they charge could go to support and grow a friendly platform, and they would also be able to make an email list of supporters depending on who they used.

https://contextualinsurgent.substack.com/p/paypigs-for-abuela

*The money was raised via the Dem fundraising platform ActBlue. This means the DNC gets a cut of the donations, and the donors get added to proprietary email fundraising lists. These lists are valuable because someone that has been persuaded to donate once, can always be persuaded to donate again for something else.

*The money was disbursed to local leftist non profits to aid their relief efforts. This helps grow the local leftist mutual aid network, as well as allow them to directly take credit in their communities. Righties love to talk about winning over undecideds with the power of LOGIC and FACTS, but do you know what’s even more effective at persuading them? Saving that swing voter from starvation or freezing to death.

*Lefties do a good job of taking care of their own. So the fundraising efforts and expenditures Texas ironically reminds lefties that there’s infrastructure out there to back them by demonstrating it in action. By using allied non profits as the go-between, lefties also manage to combine helping your own with helping others, which is a twofer.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is bumper to bumper going towards the capital downtown. I don't know how a person is ever going to leave the downtown area. This is ten fold bigger than any Stanley Cup game.
View Quote

My son lives not too far north of downtown.

I'm sending him some money so he can go buy pizza and beer for them tonight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said he will investigate GoFundMe for ‘fraud’ after the site ‘commandeered $9 million’ in donations for truck drivers protesting COVID mandates in Canada

More
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Could you IMAGINE the glory of being one of the
Magnificent Eight HONKLERS?!!
Out of all those mere honkers, YOU earned an official certificate of proof that that YOU HONKED IN OTTAWA?!!!

Fuck, I'd get a film crew to film me paying that bad boy at City Hall (in Canadian pennies of course).

Then I'd sell the authenticated original on eBay for enough $$$ for ten men to retire.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/randy_savage_jpg-2266871.JPG
View Quote

A protest comprised of honking 18 wheelers is the most appropriate form of protest for clown world.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
From another thread. Gofuckme is automatically issuing refunds now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160435/EC9643DA-8569-4075-871E-9152A55D68D1_jpe-2267591.jpg
View Quote

I like how they just throw out the typical vague allusions to "muh violence and hatred" as a justification, even though there are no actual examples.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Protesters Arriving In Ottawa On Horseback

Protesters Arriving In Ottawa On Horseback!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#24]
1: fuck Trudeau.
2: the Canadians are the nicest people on gods green earth.
I tried to send money in givesendgo.  Still haven’t been able to.
America stands with em!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I like how they just throw out the typical vague allusions to "muh violence and hatred" as a justification, even though there are no actual examples.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From another thread. Gofuckme is automatically issuing refunds now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160435/EC9643DA-8569-4075-871E-9152A55D68D1_jpe-2267591.jpg

That's the shitty part of the "home field advantage" the extreme activist left has.
No matter how shitty they get, they cover it, "antifa is an idea lmao" said Dementia man, and allll that garbage.

If the right-leaning people do something wrong? Oh you hear it.
If they DIDN'T but the lefties wanted to feel like they did? They make it up - there's a term for that, "dog whistle". They can't say "Racist" so it became "white supremacy"
And if someone who the decide isnt' a lefty but tbh has nothing to do with low-taxes and pro-2A and all that, like Manbearpig Front?
The left tags that on the right too.

Such trash.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH8DxwbpkkM
View Quote

That’s pretty damn cool.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Cats love those things.
(but it gives them the shits)
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Something something honking terrorized residents. I guess they open every meeting with 10 minutes of history on local indigenous peoples so they can feel good about themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIpn5NE6LvY
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It’s more than just them screwing over non-aligned people. The fee they charge could go to support and grow a friendly platform, and they would also be able to make an email list of supporters depending on who they used.

https://contextualinsurgent.substack.com/p/paypigs-for-abuela

View Quote

Instead, GFM gives the details and email addresses of supporters to Castro jr's brownshirts... like taleeb noormohamed, a first gen canadian who seems like he really wants to make canada more of a shithole than his parents' kenya was, and certainly more authoritarian.  THAT BASTARD Actually compared the truckers feeding the homeless and cleaning up ottawa streets to islamic mujahideen terrorists.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mounted cavalry.  Could be handy later.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What are they going to do? Refund everyone less 10% of what they donated?

I think that would end up biting them in the ass too. Better to just eat the million.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So chargebacks penalties are dependent on the banks/cc companies? I'm wondering how much would GFM be into their own pockets having to pay all the chargebacks?

Of course they would just raise their fees and not raid their own profits.

IIRC, they disbursed $1mil of the funds to the truckers already, so if they are issuing blanket refunds to every donor, they're already going to be out that cash. Combined with a bunch of charge-backs, which may or may not happen now, they might be out a couple million.

A drop in the bucket to them, likely. I don't know what their net worth and profits are though. I'm sure this is just all about the optics of stealing cash and giving it to who they wanted to, instead of refunding it. They chose a stupid initial path, and have retreated back.

I doubt they are going to eat that million already donated. They probably aren't refunding that portion.

What are they going to do? Refund everyone less 10% of what they donated?

I think that would end up biting them in the ass too. Better to just eat the million.
Some very happy to make money lawyers are just waiting in the wings.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Walked past the CN tower when attending Red Sox games in Toronto one weekend. There was some sort of tourist thingy (ride to the top) that I contemplated until I saw the price. Glad I visited but I have no desire to go back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Edit I was wrong the guy says Ottawa at the beginning of the stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKyCkJhNqY

That's the CN tower in Toronto in the background.

No worries though, these things are happening ALL OVER CANADA TODAY !!!

Gig 'em !!!

Walked past the CN tower when attending Red Sox games in Toronto one weekend. There was some sort of tourist thingy (ride to the top) that I contemplated until I saw the price. Glad I visited but I have no desire to go back.
I've actually had dinner up there before.  Pretty amazing views if the weather is good.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Something something honking terrorized residents. I guess they open every meeting with 10 minutes of history on local indigenous peoples so they can feel good about themselves.

View Quote
These folks are absolutely beside themselves.  It is impressive and depressive to watch at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad they aren’t driving about 500 cattle with them

Honking

Diesel fumes

Moos

And methane …….

The Green leftists grand slam

Just
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Makeshift restaurant built in downtown

Canada: Makeshift restaurant built amidst downtown freedom convoy protest 2-5-2022
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm watching Steven Crowder's interview with someone involved in the protest from the other day. The guy he's interviewing said people have been raising money for them using crypto and had reached out to let them know and donate it to them
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Cats love those things.
(but it gives them the shits)
View Quote

Indeed.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you have the time, listen to the last hour or so of this.  Once gal is completely unhinged, and near the end they a few are asking what they need to do to get to get the military involved.  Also 250 more RCMPs authorized for Ottowa.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you have the time, listen to the last hour or so of this.  Once gal is completely unhinged, and near the end they a few are asking what they need to do to get to get the military involved.  Also 250 more RCMPs authorized for Ottowa.
View Quote
Not for nothing, but really, if push comes to shove, and I know the truckers don't want that, but what is 250 RCMP going to do against 50,000?

I mean, really. We've gone from trucks, to tractors, to horseback, what's next? I'm waiting for the:

"We're ordering you to shut down this kitchen."
"We're feedin' da homeless, eh? Not gonna do it. I mean no disrespect when I say bugger off."

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not for nothing, but really, if push comes to shove, and I know the truckers don't want that, but what is 250 RCMP going to do against 50,000?

I mean, really. We've gone from trucks, to tractors, to horseback, what's next? I'm waiting for the:

"We're ordering you to shut down this kitchen."
"We're feedin' da homeless, eh? Not gonna do it. I mean no disrespect when I say bugger off."

View Quote
I saw it as more of a highlight to the absurdity of this 2 hour zoom meeting that consisted of "why won't they just comply", "we can't have them honking", "the trucks idling are an environmental concern", & "super spreader event".  I agree, even if the crowd was only 1k attendees, 250 more officers wouldn't have any effect on the situation as they are not addressing the real reason as to why everyone is there.  The people in the meeting are completely blind as to why they are in this situation.  They even discussed towing trucks as if it was a valid option that would produce a result.  It felt like a Michael Scott led meeting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Just a thought - and this is how things grow - but if GFM deducts their "service" percentage from the refunds, there ought to be enough of us to gen up a class action suit. It's for their education; if there were even attorneys willing to pursue it everyone might expect 13 cents back.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#47]
It appears the government is losing it's authority even faster than the people who it's attempting to govern are winning it back.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just a thought - and this is how things grow - but if GFM deducts their "service" percentage from the refunds, there ought to be enough of us to gen up a class action suit. It's for their education; if there were even attorneys willing to pursue it everyone might expect 13 cents back.
View Quote

The truckers have lawyers engaged in actions with GFM.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I didn't read the whole thread and maybe its been answered but the last couple of nights watching it is showing the rigs downtown running and honking.  Serious question-  how are they refueling?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Pierre is running for Conservative leader.

I’m running for Prime Minister to give you back control of your life.
Page / 288
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top