Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just because i'm feeling generous here's the pages that mention Hathcock in that book:

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Three shots in 6 seconds on a moving target With a WWII Carcano?

You must be very good.
View Quote
Clock starts after 1st shot fired. So you're talking 2 shots in 6 seconds. Not particularly difficult.

ETA: IIRC the re-enactment I saw used anatomically correct targets with simulated skeletons and ballistic gel bodies.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been there, and looked out the window to the X they have painted on the street. A half ass rifle shooter could make that shot easy.
View Quote

Agreed.

I half-heartedly believed the conspiracy theories until I visited the museum/site a few years ago.  

You can position yourself in the window and the kill spot is marked on the road with an X.  After viewing the site firsthand……..the shot doesn’t appear to be overly difficult.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just because i'm feeling generous here's the pages that mention Hathcock in that book:
https://i.imgur.com/Q2z0bzJ.png
View Quote

Yet oddly, CBS pulled it off with some civilians as shown in the video a few pages back.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You are projecting your own nervousness here.     According to your theory, Nobody could ever be shot.    

Not everybody is you.   For some people, extra pressure helps them focus.
View Quote

Likewise, not everybody is a stone cold assassin with ice water in the veins.

Thanks for being obtuse and for the subtle insult.

Do you hunt?

Ever heard of Buck Fever?

I theorize that if an individual could experience a physiological and psychological phenomena while hunting a game animal, it would not be an impossibility for an individual engaged in a  political assination to experience something similar to buck fever.

To simplify,

It is my opinion,

If a person can manifest buck fever while hunting, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that a political assassin could exhibit the same behaviors.

Also, please notice I used words like opinion, possibility and theory.

All words glaringly absent from your response.

I did not state anything as a fact.

LHO may have been a stone cold killer.

Or a patsy manipulated by others.

Or a rouge intelligence agency asset.

Or a crackpot communist.

None of us, me, you or anyone else on this forum, know or will ever know everything that occurred in Dealy Plaza.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Oswald missed. JFK has to be transferred from an alternate dimension to shoot himself from the grassy knoll.
It's all in a documentary called Red Dwarf Tikka to Ride.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks. So that's the Roberts book from 1994. He seems to be claiming direct engagement with Hathcock.

What's the context of the book? Is the author a sniper?

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don’t you know that the grassy knoll shooters had to evade on the train tracks to get back to Stanley Kubrick so they could help write the script for the supposed “moon landing”. I heard they were caught later putting razor blades inside of Halloween candy. Damn Military Industrial Complex!
View Quote

He was pissed at the Military Industrial Complex because he failed to shake them down to fund the movie. He never forgave them for the snub.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Moving?
No. Lol

Edit: if I did, then mostlikely not consistently.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yet oddly, CBS pulled it off with some civilians as shown in the video a few pages back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one thing I hone in on in that is "..., it could not be done as described by the FBI investigation." It makes me wonder what info they were going by to set that up and what they were really trying to prove i.e. just to get 3 shots off and make hits or to recreate the "magic bullet" and everything exactly.

If the former i'm calling bullshit with no evidence as we know Hathcock could shoot and it's been shown time and time again just making the basic shots within the time limit is doable so he's probably just fucking with the dude or busting his balls and it got taken seriously. If it's the latter then yes it might be 100% impossible to reproduce without the exact rifle, ammo, environmental factors, and also having the correct placements of the people back then which were shown to have been assumed wrong many times now leading to so many conspiracy theories on the "magic bullet".
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Try it with a twenty dollar mail order rifle in minimal condition like he did.

Then get back.
View Quote

You're implying that there's a lack of quality based on the rifle being $20 in 1963. The rifle, and other mil-surps, were cheap not based on quality but because the seller/distributor had zero manufacturing costs in them and there was low demand at the time.

It's not like it was the rifle equivalent of a Jennings pistol.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol this is horseshit

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Washington did it originally.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Warren Commission answered to the military industrial complex. The military industrial complex killed Kennedy because Kennedy was not gonna wag the dog on Nam.
If they ^^ are not the swamp then obviously we are not playing on the same field and Epstein committed suicide and the 2020 federal elections were free and fair.
_

Oh my god, the Military Industrial Complex. This has been the boogeyman since the first production of slingshot ammo in the Stone Age. It just gets more and more loony tunes with each use of the phrase.

GD is all enraptured when General Flynn enlightens us on the Epstein Island bunch but when a sitting President of The United States of America warns us about the most imminent threat to our American experiment then it's all just looney tunes ?
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEGpTu8sVKI
_
Washington did it originally.
Hence, likewise, they will avoid the necessity of those overgrown military establishments which, under any form of government, are inauspicious to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty. In this sense it is that your union ought to be considered as a main prop of your liberty, and that the love of the one ought to endear to you the preservation of the other.

“  Hence, likewise, they will avoid the necessity of those overgrown military establishments which, under any form of government, are inauspicious to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty. In this sense it is that your union ought to be considered as a main prop of your liberty, and that the love of the one ought to endear to you the preservation of the other.  “
_
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It is noted historically that Oswald was an emotional basket case type who even attempted suicide in Russia at one point.
View Quote

He also tried to assassinate General Edwin Walker in Dallas before he killed JFK.  Tried to shoot him through his plate glass window which deflected the bullet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The shot that blew off the side of his head did not come from behind. It threw his body violently backwards. That shot came from the front. That being said, the supposed shot from the window of the School Book Depository was doable. The distance from the window to the limo was about 82 yards.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I have seen the re enactment, distance, speed, 4x scope.  Any of us that grew up shooting squirrels with .22s could have made it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been there, and looked out the window to the X they have painted on the street. A half ass rifle shooter could make that shot easy.
View Quote

It was actually replicated several times in test environments using the same conditions

It was actually found any competent rifleman could easily do it
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was about to say the same.  Shit I'd hit that shot with a pistol
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

GD is all enraptured when General Flynn enlightens us on the Epstein Island bunch but when a sitting President of The United States of America warns us about the most imminent threat to our American experiment then it’s all just looney tunes ?
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEGpTu8sVKI
_
View Quote

So you think we should get rid of it? Is the boogeyman real? Do you believe Chemtrails is a Military Industrial complex diabolical experiment? Yes, loony tunes are the right description for people who cling to such lunacy. Without the Military Industrial Complex, we would not be a nation by now. The hippy-dippy days are long over.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shot that blew off the side of his head did not come from behind. It threw his body violently backwards. That shot came from the front. That being said, the supposed shot from the window of the School Book Depository was doable. The distance from the window to the limo was about 82 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzyw7AcHbuY

You can see the exit blast, out the front of his head, on the Zapruder film. It looks..eerily similar to the melon footage in the video above.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks. So that's the Roberts book from 1994. He seems to be claiming direct engagement with Hathcock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and he said he couldn't do it either lol. It's a whole conspiracy theory book lol.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was a Lieutenant at the Basic School when Hathcock was an instructor there. Ate some meals with him, too. I'll just say that he no doubt had some amazing combat experiences, but he was also a bullshit artist.
View Quote

I agree with your take.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The shots have been duplicated numerous times by decent riflrman for various TV documentaries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the limo was slowed down

The shots have been duplicated numerous times by decent riflrman for various TV documentaries.

Testimony that the people in charge had the top removed and the limo was slowed down considerably, in violation of policy for having an open top. Secret Service complained before JFK was shot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Do you hunt?

I theorize that if an individual could experience a physiological and psychological phenomena while hunting a game animal, it would not be an impossibility for an individual engaged in a  political assination to experience something similar to buck fever.

To simplify,

It is my opinion,

If a person can manifest buck fever while hunting, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that a political assassin could exhibit the same behaviors.

Or a crackpot communist.

None of us, me, you or anyone else on this forum, know or will ever know everything that occurred in Dealy Plaza.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are projecting your own nervousness here.     According to your theory, Nobody could ever be shot.    

Not everybody is you.   For some people, extra pressure helps them focus.

Do you hunt?

To simplify,

It is my opinion,

Or a crackpot communist.

So, according to your theory, no Buck has ever been shot?

History agrees that he Missed the first shot.  

Then, he got down to business and put two on target.     What people don’t understand, is that the target was almost stationary, because it was moving directly away, at a slow speed.    

Relax.  I didn’t insult you.    Anyone electing to take a shot like that, would be (by definition) a stone cold assassin.     Someone who already made peace with the possible repercussions, including death.  

Every person or animal ever purposely shot, disproves your theory.    It’s just not that difficult, especially when you have a good rest.

Look, This is Arfcom.     Not facebook.   We know about guns and shooting.  

Somebody already posted the video which proves it wasn’t a difficult feat.   Did you see it?       The thread is Done.

Everything you thought you “Knew” about this topic was simply wrong.  
That’s not an insult.  

We’re all wrong about something, sometime.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I think half the hunters in Michigan could have made those shots, even with the BAC they usually have during deer season.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Carlos hathcock shot a guy through the scope at 1,000 yards but can’t shoot a guy at less than 100 ?

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Testimony that the people in charge had the top removed and the limo was slowed down considerably, in violation of policy for having an open top. Secret Service complained before JFK was shot.
View Quote

JFK wanted it removed… he much preferred to ride in a convertible with the top down over anything else.

He wanted to seem more accessible to the people than being cordoned off inside a bubble.

The top wasn’t bullet proof anyways.  It wasn’t even bullet resistant.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not with a scope that wasn’t zeroed and mounted incorrectly. FBI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not with a scope that wasn’t zeroed and mounted incorrectly. FBI

they think he went to irons after the first shot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#29]

I seriously doubt Mosad gave a crap as to what happened on that day in the USA. They had their own problems with their neighbors. They were swamped with tracking terrorist groups who founded the PLO six months later.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Page 4

Quoted:

The source appears to be a Vietnam-era Marine sniper named Craig Roberts. He claims he spoke with Hathcock and that was his take.

Roberts also has several books where he claims to have been a first-hand witness to a cover-up of the Oklahoma City bombing and numerous other conspiracies.

I'm sure if he's alive today he would be happy to tell you all about his inside information regarding COVID vaccines and the 2020 election over beers at the VFW.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Oswald missed. JFK has to be transferred from an alternate dimension to shoot himself from the grassy knoll.
It's all in a documentary called Red Dwarf Tikka to Ride.
View Quote

Scapegoat Tikka Mossad.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There are literal thousands of hours from the past weeks of Hamas shooting people with rifles and you don't believe bullets cause carnage?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Magic Bullet nonsense that the Kennedy killers put out there has never been debunked.
The shots from the sixth floor are stupid simple with iron alone but two hits from there didn’t cause all that carnage.
-

There are literal thousands of hours from the past weeks of Hamas shooting people with rifles and you don't believe bullets cause carnage?

And they don't even use the sights.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes and he said he couldn't do it either lol. It's a whole conspiracy theory book lol.
https://i.imgur.com/cZ01dj3.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/cZ01dj3.png

It's like a whole book around the premise that an 80 yard shot is impossible. Wow.

If the guy did interview Hatchcock, I could genuinely imagine Hatchcock stringing him along with a story like that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Carlos hathcock shot a guy through the scope at 1,000 yards but can’t shoot a guy at less than 100 ?

Bullshit.
View Quote

agreed.  I am suspicious of that cite of Hathcock saying that.   Lots of books have made up shit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#36]
They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#37]
That's interesting that Carlos couldn't do it, that guy was the "real deal" and honestly probably the best Scout Sniper the USMC ever produced.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bingo...   only a lefty would even attempt firing on a moving target moving to the right.  Oswald was right handed.  The FBI commented that the rifle was zeroed for a left handed shooter... and zeroed by shimming the scope.
We'll never know the truth about the most infamous murder in history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About like Jan. 6th being an insurrection

Bingo...   only a lefty would even attempt firing on a moving target moving to the right.  Oswald was right handed.  The FBI commented that the rifle was zeroed for a left handed shooter... and zeroed by shimming the scope.
We'll never know the truth about the most infamous murder in history.
I'm sure this has been addressed in the subsequent 7 pages, but this is silly.

I'm right handed and shoot lefty.  I can also engage targets moving in any direction and I can even hand a rifle zeroed for me to someone else and they can do the same.

Maybe you were being sarcastic or making fun of the FIBs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So Hathcock can take out a Vietnamese general at 700 yds but can't hit jackshit at 300 feet? Really? There is a mountain of BS about the assassination. I quit listening to it decades ago.

There are a lot of delusionists who will believe anything so long as it doesn't fit the facts. A lot of books have been written and none of them agree with each other. Hmmm?
View Quote

A hunter by necessity. Country boy bringing home vittlins long before he was in the Marines.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's interesting that Carlos couldn't do it, that guy was the "real deal" and honestly probably the best Scout Sniper the USMC ever produced.

View Quote

That’s because it ain’t true.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think half the hunters in Michigan could have made those shots, even with the BAC they usually have during deer season.
View Quote
Alcohol is a banned performance enhancing substance in the Olympics because it suppresses tremors...

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

All the simulations I have seen use modern Bullets, not the round nose shell that was found at the scene.  If you can make those shots in 6 seconds.  You need to be on the Counter sniper team for the DevGru.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The Warren Commission answered to the military industrial complex. The military industrial complex killed Kennedy because Kennedy was not gonna wag the dog on Nam.
If they ^^ are not the swamp then obviously we are not playing on the same field and Epstein committed suicide and the 2020 federal elections were free and fair.
_
View Quote

You know, I have heard this before about Kennedy and Vietnam.  I think its a distorted view of revisionist thinking.

Kennedy's interest in Vietnam goes back as far as 1947.  He lobbied for aid to Indochina to prevent communism there and had a stance against neo-imperialism.  In fact I believe Kennedy visited Vietnam in the late 40s and again in the mid 50s.  I dont think for a minute that he would have pulled the US out of Vietnam, though I do think it would've been fought differently than the way LBJ fought it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They have recreated the shots and it could be done. Some luck is involved but it is possible.
View Quote

Strange never heard a sniper say that was a lucky shot
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

All the simulations I have seen use modern Bullets, not the round nose shell that was found at the scene.  If you can make those shots in 6 seconds.  You need to be on the Counter sniper team for the DevGru.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? What does to round nose supposedly do?

What MOA would you submit the complete system allegedly used by shooter held to? What does "DevGru" have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously??? It isn’t that hard at all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I’ve seen arfcommers shoot.

I understand why so many here think it’s impossible.
View Quote

Not imposible, more not likely with the documented training that Oswald had.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was a Lieutenant at the Basic School when Hathcock was an instructor there. Ate some meals with him, too. I'll just say that he no doubt had some amazing combat experiences, but he was also a bullshit artist.

View Quote

I've seen this statement made by multiple people. He was a badass, but full of sea stories.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If it were Case Closed then there would be nothing to hide.
_
View Quote

Speaking of which, you might read that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Exactly.

I would expect nothing less from someone who wrote a book called "By Way of Deception."
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top