Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/25/2021 2:56:07 AM EDT
I want to see a luxury, compact, front-engined sports coupe with a twin-turbo VR6, 7 speed DSG transmission, and factory Akrapovic exhaust.

Something in between the size of a BMW M2 and M4.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Mr. Fusion home energy reactor
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Where's my flying car?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Mid engine turbo V8 two door sports car available in manual or DCT for under $40K.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:24:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I want grown up Lego cars.  Interchangeable body parts that could be easily swapped out to give your vehicle different looks and functionally.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:28:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Bare bones, cheap family car that seats 6 and has no options, electronics, GPS, or luxury features, 6 cylinder engine, for ~$6,000. (or less)

The EPA would never let it pass though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want grown up Lego cars.  Interchangeable body parts that could be easily swapped out to give your vehicle different looks and functionally.
View Quote

They are really close to that with some of the electric chassis I've seen.

Basically a skateboard that you add stuff to. Like seats, roof, etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:31:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Single cab pick up with manual windows and vinyl upholstery, manual transmission.

They should be made but I sure wouldnt buy something so bare!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:32:18 AM EDT
[#8]
There should be a car that looks exactly like a 1967 Corvette,
called the Corvette Classic,
that is essentially a 20219 Grand Sport except for the handling, drivetrain, interior, etc.
for 75K

and like a 1968-1970 two door post Chevelle/Buick/Cutlass/Tempest with the Camaro 6.2 SS drivetrain, handling, interior, etc.
Called the GM Muscle Classic.
for 50K

and like a 1969 Dodge Charger,
that except for looks is essentially a 6.1L new Challenger,
for 50K

and like a 1969 Mach 1,
that is basically a new Mustang GT,
for 50K
called the Mustang Vintage.

and Toyota needs to mimic LC70 Troop Carrier body panels on a Lexus GX/Toyota Prado  and sell it in America for 65K.  Or do the same on the 4Runner Platform.
Then finally Fing update the 4Runner platform.
65K.  Land Cruiser Classic.

Edit:
And Nissan could make serious bank if they took the Xterra platform, revamped the rear hatch to a door with rear mounted spare, and door hinges to rapidly removable and re-installable.
This profit could be directly reinvested into a drivetrain update to the Frontier/Xterra drivetrain.
Call it the Patrol Pro Past.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
that is essentially a 20219 Grand Sport except for the handling, drivetrain, interior, etc.
for 75K

and like a 1968-1970 two door post Chevelle/Buick/Cutlass/Tempest with the Camaro 6.2 SS drivetrain, handling, interior, etc.
for 50K

for 50K

and like a 1969 Mach 1,
for 50K

and Toyota needs to mimic LC70 Troop Carrier body panels on a Lexus GX/Toyota Prado  and sell it in America for 65K.  Or do the same on the 4Runner Platform.

Edit:
And Nissan could make serious bank if they took the Xterra platform, revamped the rear hatch to a door with rear mounted spare, and door hinges to rapidly removable and re-installable.
This profit could be directly reinvested into a drivetrain update to the Frontier/Xterra drivetrain.
View Quote

Ok boomer
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where's my flying car?
View Quote

Probably mired in FAA regulation.

There was a small quadcopter style one hyped a while back. Don't remember the name though. Only had like a 25 mile range.  IIRC it was due to some FAA regulation since it wasn't registered and didn't require a license.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:53:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Current year Excursion with that big body go go godzilla engine. Also (Ford don't be a bitch), offer a package with 35's and front and back axle lockers. /
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#12]
The Honda spocket.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:01:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ok boomer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
for 75K

for 50K

for 50K

and like a 1969 Mach 1,
for 50K

Edit:

Ok boomer

Not a boomer.

the short back, long rear, V8, RWD, two door, framed window, performance vehicle,
and two seat American sports car,
are a popular, classic, design.

The sales of the classic, Challenger appearing,
classic, Mustang years appearing,
compared to non classic appear,
and FWD sedans, coupes, etc.
and secondary market for vintage FJs, Defenders,
compared to non classic appearing Camaro,
updated Mustang,
disappointment with the new Defender,
disappointment and cancellation of the FJ Cruiser,
sales of the semi classic appearing Challenger,
interest in the new Bronco,
massive sales of the classic appearing Jeep Wrangler,
cancellation of the non classic Xterra,
and lukewarm response to the 2004 to 2006 GTO are all indicators of an odd anomaly in the typical vehicular cycle:

1964 - 1974 presented styles of broad appeal to buyers older than and younger than those keyed by age to that cycle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:27:15 AM EDT
[#14]
A real Jeep pickup truck.  Not a Wrangler with half a bed jammed on the back.

Jeep has a long tradition of full size pickups. That ended when Chrysler bought out AMC in the mid 80's.

More inline 6's.

Porsche:
The Boxter/Cayman  never should have happened.   The 911 should have evolved into a mid engined 2 seater. The rear seats are useless anyway.    The rear engined 911 will always be a compromised design.  If the engine was in the middle the design could be pushed farther in the direction of supercar.

Then, build a entry-level sports car in the pattern of the 924/944. Front engine, rear drive.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#15]
A new Kia Rio type car (2003-2005 timeframe) basic 4 banger, no a/c, no power steering, 5 speed, basic transportation. Also, same thing but a S-10/Ranger 4 banger compact pickup.

Hell, any car with a manual transmission that isn't a sports car. Searching the car ads online, there's a few manual Kia Souls, a couple clapped out old shitboxes, and the rest are automatics that were labeled wrong as manuals.

I really miss the buy one Kia get one free sales

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#16]
The Homer - The Car Built for Homer
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Jeep has a long tradition of full size pickups. That ended when Chrysler bought out AMC in the mid 80's.
View Quote

Are you looking for the Jeep "Scrambler?"
Scrambler
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I am waiting for the Tesla truck.  I want a 3rd production year truck, those should be pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Subaru AWD turbo coupe

Honda V6 turbo coupe

Toyota should make a real supra again, as well as the MR2
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Odyssey or Sienna with the passenger space of a Tahoe or Expedition.  Low and wide with sliding doors
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Cosworth in the US would be nice.

Wish I can find a bigger pic... That car is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Subaru AWD turbo coupe

Honda V6 turbo coupe

View Quote

im fine with this but mazda needs a new rotary. a 3 rotor turbo please
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Every newer car i sit in has less and less room. They keep making the outside bigger and the interior smaller
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#24]
a suburban with the harrier jet package, plz
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Flying car.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I want a CRX that lives up to the original. Light cheap fun. Mine got me 45mpg, handled great and was entertaining to drive. Weighed like 2200lbs.

The CRZ should have been named the CRY for how bad it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Single cab pick up with manual windows and vinyl upholstery, manual transmission.

They should be made but I sure wouldnt buy something so bare!
View Quote

this,  
esp if made like the old HiLux or Datsuns,

and to add

how about importing some of those 3rd world Landcruisers etc,    

nice durable 4x4 that is not overloaded with every leather electric gizmo that serves no real purpose
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

More inline 6's.

Porsche:
The Boxter/Cayman  never should have happened.   The 911 should have evolved into a mid engined 2 seater. The rear seats are useless anyway.    The rear engined 911 will always be a compromised design.  If the engine was in the middle the design could be pushed farther in the direction of supercar.

Then, build a entry-level sports car in the pattern of the 924/944. Front engine, rear drive.
View Quote

Lol. “in the direction of super car”

What do you call a GT2RS?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Subaru AWD turbo coupe

Honda V6 turbo coupe

I almost said that, but I haven't kept up with mazda, so I wasn't sure what was out there
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
for 75K

for 50K

for 50K

and like a 1969 Mach 1,
for 50K

Edit:
View Quote

nailed it.

Sign me up for the charger, but I want the hellephant 426 hemi in mine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#31]
I would really like Chevy to quit fucking up the Corvette. The Corvette was not a race car. It was a sports car. It was a great handling, fun, beautiful sports car that could easily be used for running errands, cruising for fun or hitting the road on extended trips. It fit typical size American drivers. It held baggage. It was everything the C8 isn't, and that really, really sucks. From the C6 on it was all about lap times, and now they have the highest performance vette ever, that's the most useless in the real world as a sports car. I want a new vette that continues the real Corvette legacy. Not a Ferrari wannabe that I can't even fit in, much less take anything with me. You want to take your wife for a weekend trip in a C8? Good luck just getting all her shit in there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Porsche:

View Quote

The 911's rear weight distribution is basically ingrained in its DNA at this point. Yeah, balanced mid engine makes better sense, but then it wouldn't be a 911.

The newest Cayman is what you're looking for. Porsche finally removed the "can't perform better than a 911" restraints, to a great extent.      

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

and like a 1969 Mach 1,
for 50K

View Quote
When the S550 was released, I was really hoping it would be kind of a fastback with a rear hatch instead of separate glass and trunk lid. I guess that would have been a structural compromise, but it would have been pretty cool, not to mention practical. The one thing I really wish my Mustang had is DCT, because this transmission sucks even with an aftermarket shifter.

+1 to the Troopy!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Ramairthree nailed it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#35]
A 3/4 ton or 1 ton Ford F-Series Truck with a 800Hp/1500TQ Twin Turbo cummins engine, and an Allison Transmission.

A F150 with a 5.0 Coyoteboost engine too
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish the USA was getting that AWD 3 cylinder turbo Toyota Yaris GR.

Toyota Yaris GR - driven HARD!

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#37]
More sedans and SUVs with manual transmissions.  

I don’t give a shit if flappy paddles are faster shifting and make the cars faster with them.  

Yes I know manual transmissions don’t sell, but fuck it, that’s what I want, lol.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#38]
The thing that needs to be made is the train concept:

Small diesel motor running at its peak torque RPM driving an electric generator.

Electric motors drive the wheels.

Solar panels up top, regen braking, plug-in if need be.

Only kicks the diesel on if you need it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Ford should market a new version of the Ranchero. A modified Flex would work. (The picture is just a two-minute quick and dirty hack with GIMP, but you get the idea.)

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Toyota Celica with a V8 rear wheel drive.

Japanese Muscle car.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Toyota Celica with a V8 rear wheel drive.

Japanese Muscle car.
View Quote
The Lexus RCF is pretty close to that actually.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ford should market a new version of the Ranchero. A modified Flex would work. (The picture is just a two-minute quick and dirty hack with GIMP, but you get the idea.)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255788/flex2-1796062.jpg
View Quote

Trying to dethrone the Fiat Mutipla for the title of "ugliest vehicle"?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#43]
3000 pound 600 hp RWD 6MT M3 wagon
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Full sized V8, rear drive car...made by Toyota. Available in 2 or 4 doors. Something to compete with Chargers and Challengers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Mini trucks. Now small trucks are huge. It was nice when they were agile but functional.

Nissan should bring the Skyline back. The GTR is awesome, but the Skyline GTR was a semi affordable everyday car that could blister the pavement, with various great non GTR models as well.

Buick Grand National. They missed the boat since a cheaper more basic rebody of a Cadillac ATS-V would have been an absolute hit.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and Eclipse GSX. A company who built their base on AWD turbo cars has basically killed itself by not making AWD turbo cars.

Cadillac CTS-V. It used to be an M5 fighter. Now it's sized and priced as a 7 series competitor. It's a great car, but there's a reason the new ones aren't as prolific.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Full sized V8, rear drive car...made by Toyota. Available in 2 or 4 doors. Something to compete with Chargers and Challengers.
View Quote
Lexus makes the RCF, GSF, and ISF. 472 hp 5.0 V8 and RWD.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Moar shooting brakes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#49]
A new 944 Turbo.  One of my favorites to drive.  With the new tech in turbo 4's, 370hp in a car with perfect balance and around 3000lbs would be so sweet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top