Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd pay stupid money for the truck I had in Afghanistan for mail runs.  Ford Ranger, 4 door, manual, 4wd, diesel.  Pretty sure it went to the crusher when we left.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Something along the lines of a modernized E-type Jag.  The world needs more grand tourers and fewer supercars disguised as grand tourers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
A continuation of the IH Scout with a nice V6, power steering  and brakes AC and maybe auto transmission because I’m old.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
An updated VW camper van that is a 4x4, high clearance and has a center diff lock.

The current camper vans are top heavy shit on a shingle.

The tech is all there. It’s just doing it. Or offering it as a kit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Single cab SWB pickup with  corvette motor and manual transmission.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something along the lines of a modernized E-type Jag.  The world needs more grand tourers and fewer supercars disguised as grand tourers.
View Quote

5.0 XKs were pretty damn close to that.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://blogmedia.dealerfire.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/484/2016/05/Golf-R400_o.jpg

Fuck you, dieselgate.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/poKzyTWJk5U/hqdefault.jpg

That engine is pretty average. Give me the boosted vr6. Fastest TT is still a vr6 swapped car.
View Quote

Freaking dieselgate. I hate the fallout we got, but I kinda love the spirit of it.

Hans: das Auto kann nicht pass Amerikan emissions

Klaus : ist ein scheiß rules, set komputer to ignore, all ist klar

Hans :Ja! Is perfekt!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:25:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Been discussed here in some detail, but Porsche just offered a manual transmission in the 911 again because they expect a full fifth of their customer base to buy them. Lots of people disappointed in how they went about it, though.

I want a manual M3/M4 with the traditional kidney grills, or a manual M8. BMW says the M8 won't get one because of the stress 600hp puts on the clutch, and they'd have to restrict the off-the-line performance...or some such BS.
View Quote

Clutches are easy to setup for big power, Nancy office types who will only ever use 10% of it but wanted the badges for status though would complain their toothpick legs couldn't push the heavy pedal waaaaahhhh its too hard
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard rumors of Mazda playing with a fuel electric. Supposedly the next rotary will power an alternator and the drives will be electric. It's a travesty and an affront the the RX history but neat concept otherwise
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Infiniti with GT-R engine. They s-canned the project. I think they were having NVH issues they couldn't resolve.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
An updated VW camper van that is a 4x4, high clearance and has a center diff lock.

The current camper vans are top heavy shit on a shingle.

The tech is all there. It’s just doing it. Or offering it as a kit.
View Quote

I've convinced myself it's too expensive for the target market

4x4 vans are pretty expensive
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#12]
5.0 bronco, also ecoboost v8's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to see a luxury, compact, front-engined sports coupe with a twin-turbo VR6, 7 speed DSG transmission, and factory Akrapovic exhaust.

Something in between the size of a BMW M2 and M4.

meh, better already exists.

https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/800x450/format/jpg/quality/85/https://s.aolcdn.com/os/ab/_cms/2020/05/14075258/audi-rs5-neuberg-2.jpg

forced induction VR6 don't cool very well, trust me on this.

I do love the RS5, though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:50:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A 3/4 ton or 1 ton Ford F-Series Truck with a 800Hp/1500TQ Twin Turbo cummins engine, and an Allison Transmission.

A F150 with a 5.0 Coyoteboost engine too
View Quote

You would still be stuck living with a Ford truck.

That's a gross way to live.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:55:55 AM EDT
[#15]

I only clicked on this thread to see how far down the homermobile post would be.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been talking about this since I was a teenager. It exists in computers, guns, musical instruments, etc.

Not cars tho. Ever. It's almost criminally stupid to seize the practicality and opportunity involved. Think of how many aftermarket industries, from huge ones to a dude in his garage making a single part, might be involved.

Sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want grown up Lego cars.  Interchangeable body parts that could be easily swapped out to give your vehicle different looks and functionally.

I've been talking about this since I was a teenager. It exists in computers, guns, musical instruments, etc.

Not cars tho. Ever. It's almost criminally stupid to seize the practicality and opportunity involved. Think of how many aftermarket industries, from huge ones to a dude in his garage making a single part, might be involved.

Sucks.
I think the problem would come down to crash and pedestrian ratings.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sucks.
View Quote

VW Beetles are probably as close as any car has ever been to that.  One of their selling points earlier on was that if your wife dinged it up, you could get replacement parts from the dealer and switch them out yourself.  Fenders had about 10 bolts and cost less than $30.  Then of course the variety of aftermarket parts and kits that were available for them.

I think one thing holding this back besides safety requirements is that car models don't last long enough to garner third party support anymore.  By the time anyone spins up a kit the factory is rolling out the next generation.  Most people don't want their brand new car to look just like the 10 or even 3-5 year old car they're replacing.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top