Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another 'all stations' EAM just finished. 

I hearing 'this is Eruption' as the EAM broadcaster's call sign, now calling 'Cornsnow'.  "Cornsnow, Cornsnow, this is Eruption, over"
View Quote
I've heard two of these in 20 minutes. What's up with that?  No message to go with it either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So the remaining 200,000 Americans in South Korea aren't a factor?
View Quote

Hmmm.

Why the fuck would 200K 'mericans live in S. Korea?

Yes?

(not a factor)
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've heard two of these in 20 minutes. What's up with that?  No message to go with it either.
View Quote
Possibly they're both command codes for something? One verifying the other?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Another 'all stations' EAM just finished. 

I hearing 'this is Eruption' as the EAM broadcaster's call sign, now calling 'Cornsnow'.  "Cornsnow, Cornsnow, this is Eruption, over"
View Quote
Call signs are randomly assigned.

Not sure I'd read too much into the EAMs.  

Why would the mil make the usage of EAMs an indicator of pending action.

Do you think they could come up with a way to disguise real ones with the constant use of training ones.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah I got bored earlier and wanted to see how far NK artillery can reach and it's scary

142 km (90miles) from Yeoncheon to Cheonan

I was reading elsewhere that the Norks can put out between 300,000 to 500,000 artillery rounds a minute in the 1st hour ( thats 5k shell's incoming at a high ) .

Just for reference again

https://www.stratfor.com/sites/default/files/styles/wv_large/public/north-korea-artillery.png?itok=Bx9Iz6W_

I'm going back to playing war thunder to take my mind off the news
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where do you evac to in south Korea that the NK can't hit with a nuke?   Just getting out of Seoul doesn't solve that many problems.
Someone posted a photo of the range of the artillery/mortars in the other thread. They would have to head far south.
Yeah I got bored earlier and wanted to see how far NK artillery can reach and it's scary

142 km (90miles) from Yeoncheon to Cheonan

I was reading elsewhere that the Norks can put out between 300,000 to 500,000 artillery rounds a minute in the 1st hour ( thats 5k shell's incoming at a high ) .

Just for reference again

https://www.stratfor.com/sites/default/files/styles/wv_large/public/north-korea-artillery.png?itok=Bx9Iz6W_

I'm going back to playing war thunder to take my mind off the news
I think that number is "per hour".
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's do this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you think they could come up with a way to disguise real ones with the constant use of training ones.
View Quote
I was always under the impression they were intentionally transparent, not the content but the fact that EAMs were being sent.  Clear signaling can be valuable in times of crisis. Kinda like non stealth bombers, they are better for keeping the peace than boomers or B2s. 
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm guessing that as long as the internet is working, any pending action messages/notifications/weapons release orders would be sent in the standard 13 line formatted message via email. Those stations with no internet via land link or sat-link would get them via Pactor 4 over HF radio. 
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Globalists play both sides against the middle
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Nevah been done befo'

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was always under the impression they were intentionally transparent, not the content but the fact that EAMs were being sent.  Clear signaling can be valuable in times of crisis. Kinda like non stealth bombers, they are better for keeping the peace than boomers or B2s. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The message is clear for the users.  The casual listener can't distinguish a msg that is real vs just static.  Generate enough static and the enemy can't determine when operations are increasing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If Seoul gets shelled, that will be the day Kim and his country die.

He would think twice about ending his own life, over a few factories, before deciding to destroy Seoul.

We need to precision strike one of his factories while all our forces are ready to go just in case. Call his bluff.
View Quote
If war breaks out over there, Kim will eventually die. With that being said and understood, why does anyone think he will use any restraint when fighting us, South Korea or Japan?

I would imagine if he knows if it goes hot and he knows he's dead man, that he will nuke Seoul, probably Japan and make an attempt at the continental US (if he does indeed have that capability), as well as go all out with concential artillery and most likely chemical and biological weapons. What would he have to loose? He's going to die anyway.

And once that shitstorm is unleashed, our response will be pretty much irrelevant, even if we full strike every city and town in North Korea with SLBMs, the damage to us and our allies will already have been done.

I don't buy for a minute that we have the capability to stop much of his initial volley. The last missile test that he fired right over Japan took everyone by surprise and had us and the Japanese sitting there with our thumbs up our asses hoping it wasn't the real thing. So much for shooting down any missile that overflies our allies.

I would guess that a mushroom cloud would be rising over Seoul before we even figured out what the hell was going on.

This is a really shitty situation and I don't see a good solution to it. All the chest pounding and talk of us wiping him out like we did Saddam is getting a little old though...
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that as long as the internet is working, any pending action messages/notifications/weapons release orders would be sent in the standard 13 line formatted message via email. Those stations with no internet via land link or sat-link would get them via Pactor 4 over HF radio. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point was msg traffic does not always equal operational orders.  Therefore, don't equate EAMs with we're going to war.  EAMs are used constantly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea your boys bill and Obama and bush  caused this
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
I laughed like a fool at this post but I'm not sure why.

Can someone explain the joke to me?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I laughed like a fool at this post but I'm not sure why.

Can someone explain the joke to me?
View Quote
Shit was funny?

It was less likely to reside in Korea?

No Koreans were harmed?

No Koreans can make u laugh like a fool?

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Military Emergency Action Message. 

Now hearing, "Cornsnow, Cornsnow, this is Eruption, over..."
View Quote
@pcsutton
Is this on 8992 or 11175?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Shit was funny?

It was less likely to reside in Korea?

No Koreans were harmed?

No Koreans can make u laugh like a fool?

View Quote
I was specifically referring to this image.

Attachment Attached File

Why does he have a gallon of milk in each hand and why does he look so upset?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was specifically referring to this image.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/120307/Milk-guns Koea-299376.JPG

Why does he have a gallon of milk in each hand and why does he look so upset?
View Quote

He is from the .gov and he is here 2 help?

Even HE doesn't live in Korea.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If war breaks out over there, Kim will eventually die. With that being said and understood, why does anyone think he will use any restraint when fighting us, South Korea or Japan?

I would imagine if he knows if it goes hot and he knows he's dead man, that he will nuke Seoul, probably Japan and make an attempt at the continental US (if he does indeed have that capability), as well as go all out with concential artillery and most likely chemical and biological weapons. What would he have to loose? He's going to die anyway.

And once that shitstorm is unleashed, our response will be pretty much irrelevant, even if we full strike every city and town in North Korea with SLBMs, the damage to us and our allies will already have been done.

I don't buy for a minute that we have the capability to stop much of his initial volley. The last missile test that he fired right over Japan took everyone by surprise and had us and the Japanese sitting there with our thumbs up our asses hoping it wasn't the real thing. So much for shooting down any missile that overflies our allies.

I would guess that a mushroom cloud would be rising over Seoul before we even figured out what the hell was going on.

This is a really shitty situation and I don't see a good solution to it. All the chest pounding and talk of us wiping him out like we did Saddam is getting a little old though...
View Quote
No it will not be easy and will be very nasty and painful but if we wait 5-10 years he/ they could be able to effectively wipe our ass out before we can do much about it.  That is the big difference if we wait.  It is no longer the question of if he can just nuke some one or even just nuke us once or twice but more of will they be able to do to us everything that we could do to them.  They have no real economy because in this scheme they don't really need one.  He uses his threatening positions as useful to some and antagonistic to many others to extract money and other useful things from friend and foe.  What are we now willing to give in exchange for our safety?  Hookers and blow?  ...South Korea?  ...1/10th of our GDP?  Where does it go?  NK is it's own unique place in the world.  It is like a James Bond movie with it's weird fucked up villains but instead it is real life.  
That's were we seem to be today because we let it get to this point.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Guess Pengo's little chat didn't "stick" with everyone

What do you think about "red lines" being drawn, and re-drawn, and re-drawn
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@pcsutton
Is this on 8992 or 11175?
View Quote
Heard something on 8992 a few minutes ago, but it was down in the static.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I will take Bahston and rape bots, over Korea...EVERY_SINGLE_TIME.

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will take Bahston and rape bots, over Korea...EVERY_SINGLE_TIME.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UQL7QaWZRPk/hqdefault.jpg
View Quote
What's a rape bot?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not really
It shouldn't be involving at all
I don't believe in nation building
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is one helluva reckless gamble with one million lives, including at least 28,000 Americans.  Our national strategic actions rarely include such bets.
Then setup camps in the south. Shut down the city (it will be shut down anyways if it gets shelled). Evacuate everyone to the southern portion and then light up North Korea. Yeah it will cost a lot and take a lot of logistics, but that's the cost of reducing the risk so we can eliminate NK.
And after the U.S. unilaterally "lights up" NK - who is going in to NK to clear it out and clean it up.

Once that is done - what is your plan for who will administer NK?  What is your Marshall Plan for NK?  Who is going to pay the staggering cost to feed 20 million starving North Koreans afterwards?  For many years.
Not our problem
We don't need to nation build
Sure.  That sounds good.  Reality can be far more involving once the party (that many imagine)....is over.
Not really
It shouldn't be involving at all
I don't believe in nation building
You're in luck then, because a nation that is a functioning state with an electrical grid, public education, hospitals, manufacturing, an army, air force, navy, and is developing strategic thermonuclear weapons isn't in the same league as say...Somalia or Afghanistan.  Thus, the nation in question is already "built".

Are you reassured now, Major?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I see the fool going for broke!  

He may try to nuke Yellowstone.

Talk about a swan song.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Heard something on 8992 a few minutes ago, but it was down in the static.
View Quote
Was on 8992, but I believe it goes out on both. I didn't check the 11175kHz freq as it's after dark. With HF radio, after dark the lower frequencies are mo' betta. Higher freqs don't propagate as well. 

There are several freqs to scan for Skyking messages:

4724.00 usb
6739.00 usb
8992.00 usb
11175.00 usb
13200.00 usb
15016.00 usb

@spartandieseltech
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish they'd have a mishap and blow themselves up or accidently send a dud into China to piss them off and start and finish the war with a tactical strike.  That would be priceless to watch on the TV. NorK wiped out because some short fucker put in the wrong cords and sent it to China.

I don't think and I hope trump doesn't make first strike on them, let them do it China wont help their sorry ass.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Everybody assumes we'd nuke them.

I wonder how their smallpox vaccine supplies are and how rapidly they could develop a vaccine to some weaponized varieties? I'm guessing Fat-boy Son is a one trick pony in the WMD department. 
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Enough with "Breaking" for every fucking subject. Holy shit. DDPRK launching and testing missiles is nothing new. If its heading for a populated area, it might be "breaking" news but yet another launch? feh

Friggin clickbaitey Right wing spammblogs are infecting everyone.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What's a rape bot?
View Quote
You missed it?

We HAVE rape bots..

We haven't deployed them since BAHSTON. You are old enuff...you were brainwashed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#35]
China's diplomats, presumably?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#37]
At least the diplomats made it out.

Thank god.

Still there? 'Merican?

Then I have ZERO fucks 2 give 4 u?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
And a traveling week for me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

China's diplomats, presumably?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Russians picking up diplomats?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Everyone is whistling and getting the fuck out of dodge...
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
And here we go again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Russians picking up diplomats?
View Quote
The Russians always have good spies in the US, so I'm assuming they've got inside info about the risk of military action.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Was on 8992, but I believe it goes out on both. I didn't check the 11175kHz freq as it's after dark. With HF radio, after dark the lower frequencies are mo' betta. Higher freqs don't propagate as well. 

There are several freqs to scan for Skyking messages:

4724.00 usb
6739.00 usb
8992.00 usb
11175.00 usb
13200.00 usb
15016.00 usb

@spartandieseltech
View Quote
Thank you!

Anyone recommendation for an app or site that I can use to scan several simultaneously?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#47]
. Where is this
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Why do I feel like we are all fixated on the hand with the rabbit when we know the trick is happening right before our eyes?

Nobody can this stupid, even that little crazy fuck. I really feel like we are being played while something much bigger is happening elsewhere!
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:46:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thank you!

Anyone recommendation for an app or site that I can use to scan several simultaneously?
View Quote
There is no point to scanning them all.
11175 & 8992 are the main frequencies. 11175 during the day and 8992 at night.
The other frequencies are for specific stations or regions. Any SkyKang will go out on 8992 & 11175 (as far as I know and what's publicly available on the Internet)

EAM Info Flyer
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top