Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This

I can't muster any fucks to give
View Quote
Its about balance of power. NK has an unnecessarily aggressive and antagonistic method of diplomacy, more they dont, they threaten when even Stalin would have asked. They were bsd enough to deal with when they had only conventional weapons to threaten South Korea. Being able to directly threaten the US means to prevent nuclear war we will have to concede to NK or else they rattle their saber.

That intense fear and angst Americans felt regarding the Soviets and Kruschev, that is how it will be in the future. The way Americans have been scared in the last few months over uncertainty, that will be the new normal.

It should never have gotten this far, but Clinton chickened out after Carter backdoored him, GWB was too bogged down in Iraq to focus on NK (and part of the reason we regime changed Saddam was to provide a warning to NK). Obama totally pussed out. So either Trump does nothing and accepts the inevitable or he tries to deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You're right.

Except. No one HERE gives  a fuck about KOREANS?

ETA: or Korean americans...or 'mericans living as Koreans?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I don't think they have a way to stop artillery from hitting Seoul, and that's the only reason Kim is still breathing. On the bright side, Kim surely doesn't have an effective missile defense system...
You're right.

Except. No one HERE gives  a fuck about KOREANS?

ETA: or Korean americans...or 'mericans living as Koreans?
The ROC military must have all the Nork tubes dialed in, if the balloon goes up they will cease to exist very quickly, I doubt the Nork arty will cause all the damage everyone claims it will.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You are proposing an U.S. strategic missile strike strategy to decapitate a foreign government based upon some guy with binocs being able to distinguish between Kim - and the closest appearing/made-up/acting, identically dressed doubles that they can come up with in their country?  That guys with binocs being nowhere close to the VIP stand.
View Quote
No I'm brain storming that we conduct a conventional decapitation strike (which is strategic even if we used a knife) doing it based on actionable intel provided by whatever intelligence sources we can wrangle. The best time and location is when we pinpoint his exact schedule and location in advance. Though not confirmed yet its likely he'll be in attendance of his Sep 9th parade since the Kim dictators host and oversea it. Its THEIR parade.

This is called a tendative idea. Its not flushed out and obviously i have no ability to know the details as I'm not read in to anything. Are you? No, you're not anymore capable than i am to know whether he'll bail out or send a double. But I bet someone in the govt might be able to answer this...
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No I'm brain storming that we conduct a conventional decapitation strike (which is strategic even if we used a knife) doing it based on actionable intel provided by whatever intelligence sources we can wrangle. The best time and location is when we pinpoint his exact schedule and location in advance. Though not confirmed yet its likely he'll be in attendance of his Sep 9th parade since the Kim dictators host and oversea it. Its THEIR parade.

This is called a tendative idea. Its not flushed out and obviously i have no ability to know the details as I'm not read in to anything. Are you? No, you're not anymore capable than i am to know whether he'll bail out or send a double. But I bet someone in the govt might be able to answer this...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are proposing an U.S. strategic missile strike strategy to decapitate a foreign government based upon some guy with binocs being able to distinguish between Kim - and the closest appearing/made-up/acting, identically dressed doubles that they can come up with in their country?  That guys with binocs being nowhere close to the VIP stand.

We don't make national military strike decisions like that. 

The fat boy is pretty jumpy right now.  He has good reason to be.  He may be semi-crazy - but he is very paranoid.  Hence the doubles.

Our intel there seems to be struggling these days.  Most things seems to come as huge surprises.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The fat boy is pretty jumpy right now.  He has good reason to be.  He may be semi-crazy - but he is very paranoid.  Hence the doubles.

Our intel there seems to be struggling these days.  Most things seems to come as huge surprises.
View Quote
I wonder about that.  It comes as a huge surprise to the media.  Maybe our intelligence assets manage to actually keep what they do and don't know quiet.

If we were to do a decapitation strike I don't think it would matter if 'lil kim was there or not.  The repercussions would be bad either way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder about that.  It comes as a huge surprise to the media.  Maybe our intelligence assets manage to actually keep what they do and don't know quiet.

If we were to do a decapitation strike I don't think it would matter if 'lil kim was there or not.  The repercussions would be bad either way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you on both points.

If we missed him - one or more nuke launches from NK would be almost certain.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What make you certain that the NORKs have or will have a deliverable Nuke on Sept 9?

NORK artillery would most likely open up on Seoul with a distinct possibility of Slime but I have not seen any real assertion that the NORK have cracked the deliverable Nuke code just yet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The ROC military must have all the Nork tubes dialed in, if the balloon goes up they will cease to exist very quickly, I doubt the Nork arty will cause all the damage everyone claims it will.
View Quote
What makes you think the Nork arty will be conventional? If things go hot over there I would think the arty hitting Seoul would contain VX or Sarin, if he couldn't deliver a nuke (which I think he could).
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What make you certain that the NORKs have or will have a deliverable Nuke on Sept 9?

NORK artillery would most likely open up on Seoul with a distinct possibility of Slime but I have not seen any real assertion that the NORK have cracked the deliverable Nuke code just yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems that NK is launching missiles that no-one in the US is aware exists yet.  Then they set-off what is rumored to be a hydrogen weapon.  They have been successfully testing nuclear weapons for years.  Their weapon trend has been consistently towards greater distance, intercontinental and higher and higher yield.  They are using improved materials and processes.

Since US intel "seems" well behind the curve - and his increasingly sophisticated launches and the hydrogen development seems to come to a surprise to the administration - I would not bet a dollar against NK is either now or soon to be capable of flying a working weapon.

Nukes are not something to guess at.  Especially when they have been showing the world consistent proof of their abilities and rapid, surprising progress.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Diversion? China and Russia creating AI warfare?

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Cook it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Surely somebody can get to one of these NK generals. How hard can it be to get our best hackers to open dialogue with one of them via PC. Capture his family. Maybe a daughter studying abroad. Make him do it. Blackmail. Whatever.

What do the NK's value more than their god emperor?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Surely somebody can get to one of these NK generals. How hard can it be to get our best hackers to open dialogue with one of them via PC. Capture his family. Maybe a daughter studying abroad. Make him do it. Blackmail. Whatever.

View Quote
Their lives?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I was just thinking if someone had a real Ironman suit, they could fly in real quick, fuck Kim and his secret son up, and GTFO.

Yeah I'm drinking.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Their lives?
View Quote
More than a daughter being tortured?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Inside the North Korean tunnels designed to move 30,000 troops beneath its border with South KoreaFEARS are growing that North Korea plans to invade its neighbour to the south after a network of hidden tunnels was revealed.

NORTH Korea has dug tunnels underground, giving Kim Jong-un the ability to send 30,000 troops an hour beneath his
country’s border with South Korea for a stealth attack.Fears have been raised that as many as 84 secret war tunnels have been built,
with some boasting sleeping areas, a railway and enough space to move
tanks, reports The Sun.The existence of these sprawling tunnels has raised the risk of a surprise
invasion amid heightened tensions between the North and South.

The entrance of an invasion tunnel under the DMZ between South and North Korea.

The first major tunnel, which stretches 3.5km in length, was discovered in November 1974.It was found northeast of Korangpo in the DMZ, extending 1km past the
official border and just 65km from the South Korean capital Seoul.The walls, which are 1.2m high and 1m wide, are reinforced with concrete slabs.The tunnel has the capacity to move one regiment an hour — which means
between 10,000 and 30,000 elite soldiers could pour through the cramped
space.It was equipped with a narrow-gauge railway and rail cars and was lit with lamps connected to 220-volt power lines.A second tunnel was found in March 1975, 13km north of Chorwon, which stretched 1.1km south of the heavily-fortified border.

A soldier is pictured standing guard outside the entrance to one of the tunnels.

Twice as wide as the first tunnel, it is large enough to send through heavy weapons, tanks and field artillery.Troops would be able to march through the underground tunnel at three to four
abreast — meaning thousands could be deployed in an hour.The second tunnel ran for 3.5km at a depth of 160m and is it understood to be 2.2m wide.A third tunnel was uncovered after a tip-off from North Korea defector Kim Bu-seong on 17 October 1978.It runs for 1.6km, some 73m below the surface, just south of Panmunjeom.After it was built, coal dust was smeared around the entrance so it would be disguised as an abandoned coal mine.

It is now blocked by three concrete walls — but it still has enough room to transport 30,000 troops per hour.Another tunnel was discovered in March 1990 which runs for 1,052m.The Daily Star reported that the South Korean government believes there could be 16 more undiscovered tunnels.A retired South Korean general has previously claimed there were as many as 84 tunnels beneath the border.But the South dismissed the claims made by Hahn Sung-chu, a former two-star general, saying they were “groundless”.

This tunnel, stretching under the border with South Korea, was fitted with electricity.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Hope SK knows about the tunnels and can pump them with a steady supply of napalm.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their lives?
What the hell are you asking me that for?

Dream-up whatever strikes your fancy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_1409-300177.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_1410-300179.JPG
View Quote
They lost me at "prolly"
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like the way you think
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What makes you think the Nork arty will be conventional? If things go hot over there I would think the arty hitting Seoul would contain VX or Sarin, if he couldn't deliver a nuke (which I think he could).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^.  Kim won't waste his nukes on South Korea. That's what VX is for. The nukes are for us. He is playing an impressive game of misdirection and misinformation. He is in control and all we can do is react. He seems to be trying to goad us into attacking him. I give Trump credit for showing restraint and not blundering into a trap. Kim is acting like a guy that has a secret weapon. Like a guy with a uzi under his coat provoking a street fight.  The Asians are a wily bunch. How many hundreds of thousands of Americans did they kill between WWII, Korea and Vietnam? I smell a trap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#24]
We should expect another missile launch this thursday.

Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ever seen Sicario?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm not big on the idea of shooting down a nork test missile (why give them any idea as to your capability), but, if we were to shoot down a test missile would that be considered an act of war?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I dream to win. Sometimes you can win nicely. Other times, you can't.

If you read my other post, you know you can fake it. Make it look real. As long as the one you want to believe it believes it, you're ok, and so is the daughter. Surely you've seen "24", right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Americans "Ready to fight": The U.S. forces facing down N. Korea
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:43:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They lost me at "prolly"
View Quote
Safe to say they prollolly didn't win tu many spelling bees oar grammar awards
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:11:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They lost me at "prolly"
View Quote
Only 140 characters to work with, I'll give them a pass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:29:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We should expect another missile launch this thursday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeQ620zSWx4
View Quote
Someone should start a poll!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Someone should start a poll!
View Quote
If not on thursday It will most likely be on Sept 9th (Saturday). On Sept 9th they will be celebrating "Day of the Foundation of the Republic of Korea 1948." aka Independence Day. Kim will probably want to impress his people will an ICBM launch on that day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:11:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Its not a guarantee he'll be there but you're acting as if there is no chance he'll be there and I'd like to know how you know this. Is it based off your knowledge of security measures commonly used by dictators or is it on your inside knowledge of Kim himself and the NK govt

The Sep 9th parade isn't a midnight missile launch in the middle of nowhere, its fat boy presiding on an old style commie parade involving hundreds of thousands of people all looking at Kim Chunk Un. Its one of the biggest of the year.

SK or others obviously have some HUMINT in country, though likely limited. Any number of whom can hide a phone and binos and report back if its really Kim. And that's joe blow, i bet someone has mid to high level people some outside Intel agency have compromised who can feed us the Intel should we pay enough. NK are corrupt as fuck, they would do a lot for duffel bag worth of cash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has done it recently at a launch site.  Its not guessing - he is doing it.

"Anyone finding out"??

1.  Who exactly is going to "find out"?

2.  What do you think would happen if someone in the regime said something about it?

Its not as if they are inviting the world media to cover it.  This is the most secretive and controlling country in the world.
Its not a guarantee he'll be there but you're acting as if there is no chance he'll be there and I'd like to know how you know this. Is it based off your knowledge of security measures commonly used by dictators or is it on your inside knowledge of Kim himself and the NK govt

The Sep 9th parade isn't a midnight missile launch in the middle of nowhere, its fat boy presiding on an old style commie parade involving hundreds of thousands of people all looking at Kim Chunk Un. Its one of the biggest of the year.

SK or others obviously have some HUMINT in country, though likely limited. Any number of whom can hide a phone and binos and report back if its really Kim. And that's joe blow, i bet someone has mid to high level people some outside Intel agency have compromised who can feed us the Intel should we pay enough. NK are corrupt as fuck, they would do a lot for duffel bag worth of cash.

What planet do you live on?
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top