Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Of course it does, hot dog and spaghetti topping are the ones without beans.

^Nailed it!
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, yes it does. It can taste good without, but beans just make it that much better.

Those who deny this are equivalent to spoiled children who will eat their meat or dessert, but not their vegetable.

The adults with refined palates will continue to enjoy beans in their chili.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Devoid of beans is devoid of intelligence. Those nonbeans are a simple folk, who like simple things for their simple minds.

Says the chili authority from Wisconsin. How about we make a deal: You don't fuck up the state dish of Texas, and I won't tell you how to make your cheese.

Why would anyone from Texas tell the world's finest cheese makers how to make cheese?

I never said chili without beans was wrong it's just, how do those southern folks say it, well bless its heart.

The finest cheese in the world comes from France, Britain, and California. You fail again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If there are no beans, it is not chili.

You know I am right, so don't bother arguing.

Who the fuck left their computer logged in.

Legumes are not in the name "chili con carne"
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The International Chili Society insists that chili does not have beans. The rest of the world goes about happily enjoying beans in their chili. This is a hotly disputed topic, as there is no organization with actual power or authority to define chili. Chili con carne, by definition includes meat, as con carne means "with meat."
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's okay, they're all just ignorant. Obviously have never made their own chili. Only exposure is Wolf's or Hormel or whatever the local cafeteria pours on top of their spaghetti.

Sad really.

They say they know chili, but they don't even know what chili is.

Poor fool.....who the hell puts chili on there macaroni????

Must be texans......

Are you hating on chilimac? You need to be purged from this earth.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course it does, hot dog and spaghetti topping are the ones without beans.

^Nailed it!

I can agree with this post.

Quoted:
Yes, yes it does. It can taste good without, but beans just make it that much better.

Those who deny this are equivalent to spoiled children who will eat their meat or dessert, but not their vegetable.

As well as this one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's okay, they're all just ignorant. Obviously have never made their own chili. Only exposure is Wolf's or Hormel or whatever the local cafeteria pours on top of their spaghetti.

Sad really.

Must be texans......

Pasta and chili don't go together! And yes I hate texass!

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad really.

Must be texans......

I'm not from texas and I like chilimac as well as chili without beans and chili with beans so the rest of you can burn in the furthest depths of helll
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad really.

Must be texans......

What'd Texas ever do to you?
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

EXACTLY!

I wouldn't presume to tell you how to make cheese. You shouldn't presume to tell Texans how to make chili. If you persist, then I'm going to have insist that "real" WI cheese must include lime Jell-O.

What sort of fool doesn't include lime Jello with their cheese?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got mouthy, so we punched him in the no-no place.

Oh no don't touch me there this is my no no square
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Devoid of beans is devoid of intelligence. Those nonbeans are a simple folk, who like simple things for their simple minds.

Says the chili authority from Wisconsin. How about we make a deal: You don't fuck up the state dish of Texas, and I won't tell you how to make your cheese.

Why would anyone from Texas tell the world's finest cheese makers how to make cheese?

I never said chili without beans was wrong it's just, how do those southern folks say it, well bless its heart.

The finest cheese in the world comes from France, Britain, and California. You fail again.

If only there was a Contest for the worlds best cheese. Oh shit there is and it's in Wisconsin.
Lets look at the Results and hmm, more Wisconsin on that list then anyone else. Unlike non-beans we invite others to come and try to best our finest. Non-beans = head in the sand, green eggs and ham simpletons.

Anyway, this is about chili and it's typical for someone who doesn't include beans to try and change the argument.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If only there was a Contest for the worlds best cheese. Oh shit there is and it's in Wisconsin.
Lets look at the Results and hmm, more Wisconsin on that list then anyone else. Unlike non-beans we invite others to come and try to best our finest. Non-beans = head in the sand, green eggs and ham simpletons.

Anyway, this is about chili and it's typical for someone who doesn't include beans to try and change the argument.

Why would a contest held in WISCONSIN pick a lot of winners from WISCONSIN I wonder??  

And why would you not put green jello in your cheese?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got mouthy, so we punched him in the no-no place.

Works for me
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Chili with no beans goes on my hot dog. Period.

Soup chili needs beans. Get over it heathens.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually I have never seen a post on ARFCOM or anywhere else on the web that was quite so wrong.

"Chili" does not have beans.
"Chili with Beans" does in fact have beans
"Chili Beans" are made with beans.  

All are fine, but "Chili" is my favorite and it does not contain beans.  If it did it would no longer be "Chili" it would be "Chili with Beans".

Sorry you fail.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soup is soup, chili is chili.
Calling them one in the same is blasphemy
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just shows he has no idea what chili is, so his opinion doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The International Chili Society insists that chili does not have beans. The rest of the world goes about happily enjoying beans in their chili. This is a hotly disputed topic, as there is no organization with actual power or authority to define chili. Chili con carne, by definition includes meat, as con carne means "with meat."

International - well there ya go. Probabbly infested with faggoty foreigners and texans

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. Tasteless beans are the epitome of a refined palate. Only sophisticates like you are able to pick up on the bold, awesome flavor of plain beans.

I pray you will not dwell in the darkness forever.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm in the blue and even i know chili doesn't have beans. Noodles instead of crackers is ok though.

GTFO out of this conversation Ohio resident.  That Cinci style over noodles is more bull shit than no beans.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Asked and answered...

Some folks are Sssllloooowwwwww...
Probably related to their insistence in putting beans in chili
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#32]
I could agree with OP but then we would both be wrong!
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who thinks Wisconsin makes the best cheese has obviously never been to Europe.

Green jello cheese FTW!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Chili with beans, colby cheese, sour cream and saltines.  

That's how I get down.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chili has meat spices broth and beans or no beans and is typically served in a bowl.  I assume with crackers and cheese for topping even in your worlds.....That is a form of soup.  Let me guess you have some non existent word to categorize it and serve it in a vessel none of us have heard of either?  All in the name of not admitting it is a form of soup.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Chili has meat spices broth and beans or no beans and is typically served in a bowl.  I assume with crackers and cheese for topping even in your worlds.....That is a form of soup.  Let me guess you have some non existent word to categorize it and serve it in a vessel none of us have heard of either?  All in the name of not admitting it is a form of soup.  

Refer to Zhukovs post on page 4, heathen.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Texas Chili is NOT American Chili.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Do you eat chili before going to the range to fire your 9mm or 45ACP?
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

First you say Chili has beans, now you're calling it "American Chili"?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously your texas heathen chili is not American, because America uses beans in chili.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While broth can be an ingredient in chili, it is not required.  And if your chili has a soup like consistency, you have fucking failed.

Chili is a stew, not a soup.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Who originally set the bar for American chili? The colonists or something?
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously your texas heathen chili is not American, because America uses beans in chili.

America voted for Obama too.  The country has a bad habit of being wrong.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!

I wouldn't presume to tell you how to make cheese. You shouldn't presume to tell Texans how to make chili. If you persist, then I'm going to have insist that "real" WI cheese must include lime Jell-O.

There is no such thing as ""real" WI cheese", Wisconsin makes over 600 varieties and styles of cheese.

I know what your saying, "wow 600 kinds of cheese, we've only got one kind of chili in Texas". It has to be a cold reality when a non-bean finally comes to the self conclusion that maybe, just maybe, Chili really does have beans and they are of simple mind.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't vote for Obama.

Chili has beans.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will admit that is different than my definition of chili.  I will concede chili depends on how and where you were raised.  That looks tasty, but if shown to me I would not call it chili, soup, or stew.

So being I was not raised far enough south, and if that is the traditional form of chili, I will happily will go about enjoying my "bean, meat and broth soup with spices" and call it chili because I have no other word to use.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will admit that is different than my definition of chili.  I will concede chili depends on how and where you were raised.  That looks tasty, but if shown to me I would not call it chili, soup, or stew.

So being I was not raised far enough south, and if that is the traditional form of chili, I will happily will go about enjoying my "bean, meat and broth soup with spices" and call it chili because I have no other word to use.

It is.  

Chili with beans will suffice, or if you're feeling like a little spanish lingo call it chili con frijoles.  

But you should try some of the authentic stuff sometime.  It'll knock your socks off.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't vote for Obama.

Chili has beans.

Obama puts beans in chili.  

Grin = Obama.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top