Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
These news articles that try to approximate Chinese built military junk with US assets crack me up.  Their new carrier isn’t even nuclear powered.  We have already gone through three generations of nuclear carriers and have 11 in full operation.  

It’s an advancement for them, sure.  It hardly matches any of our carriers let alone the Ford class.  The article states that they benefit from decades of development of other carriers.  They don’t even hide the fact that they are building by everything with stolen tech.  Bunch of posers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the people going on about how many we have v theirs, ask how many we have in theater now v what they will have in a few years. Modern war won't be what you have across the earth that will take months to arrive, but what you have there immediately at the time of crisis. Conflict won't last long enough to mobilize and reallocate from other theaters.

It's not just a carrier question either. Look at their cruisers and destroyers (that are all in 1 place) v what we have. Then look at the trend over the next few years. It's not good and getting measurably worse.

The real story is the trend line. It's not in our favor.

View Quote

AUKUS is the right play. Australia already has the most advanced backscatter radar system in the world and is launching their own LEO satellite network to allow 24/7 coverage of the patch of ocean between them and PRC. Once Australia no longer needs to request satellite retasking from us, PLAN surface assets won't be able to hide. It'll be even worse for PLAN's carriers once Australia is sortieing Virginia or Astute class SSNs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yep. Looks like ours.

When I was in Thailand I took a speedboat ferry between islands one time. As the boat approached it looked like the old Cobalt (a really nice boat) my mom used to own.

When I boarded, I saw that it wasn't nearly as nice as the worst Bayliner (a budget boat) ever to hit the water. Point being, what it looks like from a distance and how it's built on the inside are two radically different things, sometimes, and I hope this is one of those times.

View Quote

I have had the opportunity to walk on Chinese built vessels, in my honest assessment they are of the same quality as our vessels as far as welding goes, can't speak for engines.

Which isn't saying much, I've seen some nasty welds in crucial areas on US made ships.

I also know we love to bash the Chinese, but steel in our new vessels have MADE IN CHINA stamped, electrical systems in our vessels have tons of Chinese origin stickers. Hidden kill switches in remote operated high pressure valves have been found. Subpar workmanship plague our Navy yards, crony capitalism extends and manipulates build or refit time.
Most of those issues help the Chinese tremendously.
Both China and the US are in appearance mode right now and this Pacific war is shaping up to be a doozy

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Some here think that the invasion of Ukraine and thousands of murders isn't any of our business, and supporting Ukraine is a waste of taxpayers money.  They probably say the same thing about Taiwan.  Maybe this will wake some of them up.
View Quote

I doubt it.
Our system has become so corrupted it cannot be fixed. We are fucked.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Made in China Nuclear Propulsion Reactor, let’s watch and see what it does lol.
View Quote

Don't underestimate their experience or capabilities:
China has 47 operating nuclear plants and 14 more on the way.  
They are well versed in western technology and are already going ahead with Westinghouse AP1000s
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Can this carrier get through the Panama Canal?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Some here think that the invasion of Ukraine and thousands of murders isn't any of our business, and supporting Ukraine is a waste of taxpayers money.  They probably say the same thing about Taiwan.  Maybe this will wake some of them up.
View Quote

Judging from what I’m seeing on pro Russian YouTube channels mimicking Russia who is in return tit for tat favors - repeating China talking points - nope. The line of reasoning goes US stay in USA fix your own problems and your own region. Stay out of the Middle East, Europe and Asia since you do not live in the region you’re not welcome. China then does a divide and conquer strategy in Asia to isolate any country opposed to its goals. The problem for the USA is Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

AUKUS is the right play. Australia already has the most advanced backscatter radar system in the world and is launching their own LEO satellite network to allow 24/7 coverage of the patch of ocean between them and PRC. Once Australia no longer needs to request satellite retasking from us, PLAN surface assets won't be able to hide. It'll be even worse for PLAN's carriers once Australia is sortieing Virginia or Astute class SSNs.
View Quote

In my estimation China’s primary weakness for naval ops is our subs, so I’ve tried to keep up with their ASW capabilities. Recently before Ukraine fighting they ditched Russian equipment in favor of their own domestic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have had the opportunity to walk on Chinese built vessels, in my honest assessment they are of the same quality as our vessels as far as welding goes, can't speak for engines.

Which isn't saying much, I've seen some nasty welds in crucial areas on US made ships.

I also know we love to bash the Chinese, but steel in our new vessels have MADE IN CHINA stamped, electrical systems in our vessels have tons of Chinese origin stickers. Hidden kill switches in remote operated high pressure valves have been found. Subpar workmanship plague our Navy yards, crony capitalism extends and manipulates build or refit time.
Most of those issues help the Chinese tremendously.
Both China and the US are in appearance mode right now and this Pacific war is shaping up to be a doozy

View Quote

Thank you. That actually answers a ton of unasked questions, for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd be shocked if they have gotten that em cat to work, I guess they let us do all the testing.

Nice looking ship though.

Watch the bashing of China's military equipment, those in the know have said it isn't the garbage most people think it is. China has no problem stealing everything and then building it, they don't have the development and labor issues the US does, and China is capable of great QC if someone isn't trying to save money.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A decade ago Many on arfcom assured me that China would never have a blue water navy capable of doing carrier operations.

It's scary how quickly they advance by stealing technology.
View Quote

Building one isn't the same as fighting one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Chinese designers benefit from decades of research and development by others

Lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These news articles that try to approximate Chinese built military junk with US assets crack me up.  Their new carrier isn’t even nuclear powered.  We have already gone through three generations of nuclear carriers and have 11 in full operation.  

It’s an advancement for them, sure.  It hardly matches any of our carriers let alone the Ford class.  The article states that they benefit from decades of development of other carriers.  They don’t even hide the fact that they are building by everything with stolen tech.  Bunch of posers.
View Quote

They are going through generations of carriers in record time and have capacity being built to launch multiple carriers every few years.

If the stolen tech works, and they improve upon it, AND make it quicker, then we are screwed. Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, and Australia all need to spool up their sea projection along with the USA, because China will be taking Taiwan(along with a large capacity for semiconductor production). That also opens the middle lane to project everywhere in the Pacific.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Chinese subcontractors will sabotage them to make a bigger profit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Turn the Lasers on it
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In my estimation China’s primary weakness for naval ops is our subs, so I’ve tried to keep up with their ASW capabilities. Recently before Ukraine fighting they ditched Russian equipment in favor of their own domestic.
View Quote

Yep, but just like everything else USN owns, SSNs are way, way overtasked and our shipbuilding programs are capacity-constrained. We need local allies to step up. Australia gets it; hopefully Japan and ROK can accelerate their own programs to fill the gap.

ETA: It's a little embarrassing that Australia is already flying Wedgetail and MRTT operationally and we're dicking around with creaking E-3s and POS KC-46s. We need to f**king clean house on the procurement side. F**k.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#18]
"Chinese designers benefit from decades of research and development by others."

And from decades of association with U.S. elected officials.

LOL.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Laughs in Rods from God.
View Quote

I’ve been monitoring Air Force Pacific exercises, tests and and plans. I get mixed messages from PACOM and PACAIR so hard to know for sure. If I have to err I think we can but I’m just not 100% certain.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Their new carrier isn’t even nuclear powered
View Quote

It doesn't need to be. You are thinking like an American, which is a problem most American's have. China isn't planning on attacking the CONUS, this is for their patch of the World.

China's goal is not to destroy the US, that wouldn't benefit their economy, they just want the US to GTFO out of E.Asia.

PRC doesn't have to deal with all the BS the US and other Countries do. Let's test an ASAT, okay, etc, etc. Meanwhile Countries loose their shit if their big brother protector wants to make a port call with a nuc powered ship or, god forbid, a ship with nucs on board. China just doesn't GAF. Meanwhile, everyone is going on about climate change.

Remember when Japan spent all that money to buy/build that ABM ground based Ageis thing... They scrapped it because of public concern over the booster falling into populated areas. Falling booster vs. nuc, the falling booster is more of a concern. People's priorities are all fucked up. PRC doesn't answer to the public or pretty much the World for that matter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They are going through generations of carriers in record time and have capacity being built to launch multiple carriers every few years.

If the stolen tech works, and they improve upon it, AND make it quicker, then we are screwed. Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, and Australia all need to spool up their sea projection along with the USA, because China will be taking Taiwan(along with a large capacity for semiconductor production). That also opens the middle lane to project everywhere in the Pacific.
View Quote

This is what so few people seem to understand. Ford, GM and the rest of our massive manufacturing infrastructure won WWII. Whatever we didn't give or sell to China, they stole. They have the resources, worker base and manufacturing ability to win the next global war and they intend to use it. The leaders from our country that sold us out to China should all be tried for treason and shot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s why they’ve been doing those incursions into Japanese waters. To practice and learn. They believe they need to 2060 to reach 100% parity with the USN but imo they don’t have the luxury of that time. Of course half of GD doesn’t think China will actually do anything other than wait and buy off US politicians, companies and eventually isolate Taiwan from the world until they just own it without firing a shot. I disagree with that. China is uncharacteristically in a rush and impatient these days if you read local Chinese media.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If they build boats like they build skyscrapers I'm not that concerned.
View Quote

How are they at damage control?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Laughs in Rods from God.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shipbuilding and ship repair is an advantage for China which is why I’m so fixated on the S-500. Dies it actually work? If so China could prevent us from damaging those facilities.

Laughs in Rods from God.

Laughs in chinese satellite space claws.

A Chinese Satellite Just Grappled Another And Pulled It Out Of Orbit
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indonesia has bowed out. They seem to think hovering around the Natuna islands by themselves is all that’s required
The Natuna Dispute: Can Indonesia Afford To Go Up Against China In South China Sea? | Insight
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yep, but just like everything else USN owns, SSNs are way, way overtasked and our shipbuilding programs are capacity-constrained. We need local allies to step up. Australia gets it; hopefully Japan and ROK can accelerate their own programs to fill the gap.

ETA: It's a little embarrassing that Australia is already flying Wedgetail and MRTT operationally and we're dicking around with creaking E-3s and POS KC-46s. We need to f**king clean house on the procurement side. F**k.
View Quote

Japan is taking some steps and the new Korean government is likely to https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3526530-south-koreas-vibrant-new-approach-to-national-security/amp/
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It doesn't need to be. You are thinking like an American, which is a problem most American's have. China isn't planning on attacking the CONUS, this is for their patch of the World.

China's goal is not to destroy the US, that wouldn't benefit their economy, they just want the US to GTFO out of E.Asia.

PRC doesn't have to deal with all the BS the US and other Countries do. Let's test an ASAT, okay, etc, etc. Meanwhile Countries loose their shit if their big brother protector wants to make a port call with a nuc powered ship or, god forbid, a ship with nucs on board. China just doesn't GAF.
View Quote

I recently read this article, the author’s name caught my attention https://warontherocks.com/2022/06/putins-lessons-for-the-all-volunteer-force/
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Liberty ships were designed for one cruise only, some didn't make that...

I am pretty positive looking at their fleet formation pictures that they understand that they need to protect that carrier.
If it did come to blows I hope our F35s have all the Chinese Killswitch issues under control so those pilots have a chance to get a few hits in.
Makes you wonder what else has remote killswitches
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#29]
wow they're celebrating PRIDE month too  
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Having it and actually using it properly are two different things. Jesus look at Russia , they were portrayed as a super power and they can't die fast enough because they are idiots. Now , I think China is a bit better than drunk Russians , but they lack certain traits needed in the field at this time.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I recently read this article, the author’s name caught my attention https://warontherocks.com/2022/06/putins-lessons-for-the-all-volunteer-force/
View Quote

I'll read it later. China has an all volunteer military, they always have. They can do conscription, but they have never needed to.

People like to talk about tech, shit Chinese quality, etc. But, China has the mfg capability and the numbers. The tech is outdated, but look at the Russia vs Germany in WWII. The US is a loooooong distance from the area China wants to control.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How many transgender anal glory hole docking spaces does it have? Where does it fly the Groomer Pride flag? Do they have a crew that is checked out in the latest Monkey Pox anal sex PowerPoint?

View Quote

Username not only checks out but may have a vested interest in the content of the post…
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Who sold, gave or left the catapult schematics unencrypted?
View Quote

We probably had them build ours.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn thing looks fake.  Too small, proportions not right, like a kit car on a VW frame back in the 80's

China is still asshole
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Liberty ships were designed for one cruise only, some didn't make that...

I am pretty positive looking at their fleet formation pictures that they understand that they need to protect that carrier.
If it did come to blows I hope our F35s have all the Chinese Killswitch issues under control so those pilots have a chance to get a few hits in.
Makes you wonder what else has remote killswitches
View Quote

Second time you've mentioned these. How exactly is a kill switch in a sub component being found and how is it supposed to work if it's not tie into a communications infrastructure?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Remind me when the new USS Enterprise is scheduled to be commissioned (construction started in 2017 and it's scheduled to be commissioned in 2028 for those wondering)?  How long did it take China to build carrier number 3 (they acknowledged it in 2018, photos showed it in 2019 and now it's in the water)?  How long will it take China to build and commission their next carrier (which will be nuclear powered) and how long before they start laying up the next one (I've seen multiple people say that they will start laying up the hull sections as soon as possible)?  How many land bases do they currently have within their claimed nine-dash line and how many more are they building (uncontested at that)?  They're working to modernize their subsurface fleet as well as increasing the number of nuclear powered vessels (for those questioning if they can build a nuke power plant)- they have four nuclear powered (and equipped) missile carriers and seven nuclear powered attack submarines and they're on track to basically double the number of each type by 203; they've got around fifty five diesel-electric attack submarines.*  Just because the Chinese widget you bought at Walmart is crap doesn't mean what they build for their own military is.  

No, they're definitely not peer level yet, but they are putting a ton of resources into building a blue water navy while doing things like feeding their soldiers high protein diets to make them physically larger and toughen them up while we're changing ours into "women" and worried about shaming and using proper pronouns all the while throwing money are ridiculous social projects and non-strategic interests.  

*https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/chinas-navy-adding-new-submarines-staggering-rate-196085
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A decade ago Many on arfcom assured me that China would never have a blue water navy capable of doing carrier operations.

It's scary how quickly they advance by stealing technology.
View Quote

And in 1995 their growing capability was the focus of my thesis for my Master's degree studies in national defense planning. I was told I was way off... guess not.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In b4 the "lol china so far behind" tards

We sit here for the last few decades worrying about social programs and political theater in our military
View Quote

Ayup.  American exceptionalism lulz

Looks like someone is going for energy independence.

Attachment Attached File

Meanwhile we are burning forest and tires for power and erecting wind turbines and solar fields
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'll read it later. China has an all volunteer military, they always have. They can do conscription, but they have never needed to.

People like to talk about tech, shit Chinese quality, etc. But, China has the mfg capability and the numbers. The tech is outdated, but look at the Russia vs Germany in WWII. The US is a loooooong distance from the area China wants to control.
View Quote

China is really focused on improving their NCO corps https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202206/1268115.shtml
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Chinese military capability and expansion is massively underestimated and misunderstood. I'm no longer in the know but seeing their capability increase at such a rapid pace was eye opening for sure.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Remind me when the new USS Enterprise is scheduled to be commissioned (construction started in 2017 and it's scheduled to be commissioned in 2028 for those wondering)?  How long did it take China to build carrier number 3 (they acknowledged it in 2018, photos showed it in 2019 and now it's in the water)?  How long will it take China to build and commission their next carrier (which will be nuclear powered) and how long before they start laying up the next one (I've seen multiple people say that they will start laying up the hull sections as soon as possible)?  How many land bases do they currently have within their claimed nine-dash line and how many more are they building (uncontested at that)?  They're working to modernize their subsurface fleet as well as increasing the number of nuclear powered vessels (for those questioning if they can build a nuke power plant)- they have four nuclear powered (and equipped) missile carriers and seven nuclear powered attack submarines and they're on track to basically double the number of each type by 203; they've got around fifty five diesel-electric attack submarines.*  Just because the Chinese widget you bought at Walmart is crap doesn't mean what they build for their own military is.  

No, they're definitely not peer level yet, but they are putting a ton of resources into building a blue water navy while doing things like feeding their soldiers high protein diets to make them physically larger and toughen them up while we're changing ours into "women" and worried about shaming and using proper pronouns all the while throwing money are ridiculous social projects and non-strategic interests.  

*https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/chinas-navy-adding-new-submarines-staggering-rate-196085
View Quote

Secret base in Cambodia 2 year build time from last month and Navy bases being built for them in Pakistan at Gwadar and in Iran but work hasn’t really gone far yet for the Iranian location. Of course their base at Djibouti and desire to build one in southern and Western Africa but nothing official yet.
China’s ‘Secret’ PLA Naval Base In Cambodia Spooks US & Australia; Beijing Lashes Out
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Damn thing looks fake.  Too small, proportions not right, like a kit car on a VW frame back in the 80's

China is still asshole
View Quote

@sigking

I thought it was me at first but yeah your absolutely correct, many things in that picture look off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#46]
If you aren’t concerned about the rise of China & the decline of the US you are ignorant of history & the telltale signs of seismic change.

The truly unfortunate part of this coming seismic change is that our downfall was sown, fertilized & grown right here at home by the greed, corruption & incompetence of those in Washington DC. Our own .gov has failed us in every way possible. And frankly, we’ve failed ourselves in tolerating it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you aren’t concerned about the rise of China & the decline of the US you are ignorant of history & the telltale signs of seismic change.

The truly unfortunate part of this coming seismic change is that our downfall was sown, fertilized & grown right here at home by the greed, corruption & incompetence of those in Washington DC. Our own .gov has failed us in every way possible. And frankly, we’ve failed ourselves in tolerating it.
View Quote

Muh lesser of evil voting logic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#48]
I hope they have lithium batteries on that thing that go up after over charging
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thing that pisses me off is the fact that is a valid question.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Are the sinophile bed wetters pissing their pants in blind panic yet?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top