BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And you simply can't have a thread titled ' Civil War ' without mentioning the greatest American General Officer of all time. One who was touched by God.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1200px-General_William_T__Sherman__41908-3053039.JPG
View Quote

Lol

He was touched by something alright, but it wasn't God.

He would be tried for war crimes if it happened today.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Put a chick in it and make her gay!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The turning point will undoubtedly be a legion of furries descends on the rebels, delivering a crushing victory and establishing a communist furry society where all babies are born non-binary and have their sex organs removed at birth until they can decide what gender they want to be.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes. The right of states to make human chattel legal.
View Quote

And further regulate firearms , ammunition  , and accessories .
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rumor is that a major character played by Denzel Washington is a former slave who escapes to the north, joins the Union Army, rises through the ranks and returns as a General to lead a major battle culminating in victory
View Quote

100% would watch. Denzel is a treasure.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Here’s the real movie poster:

Attachment Attached File

Edit: i love the South… I just have my own way of showing it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those guys must be fending off the white supremacist.
View Quote

I’m told that is the biggest threat facing America today.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if it will have an anti-gun, anti-2A message?

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am sure it will.suck
View Quote

Likely.  even with the rebuild I don’t think the SoL torch could carry the weight of those sandbags.  Call the National Park Ranger.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hope the South wins this time!

View Quote

Haha!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope the South wins this time!

View Quote

WTF are you talking about?  South won last time.  Just nobody likes to admit it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's a really stupid location to set up an overwatch.
View Quote

They are bait
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And you simply can't have a thread titled ' Civil War ' without mentioning the greatest American General Officer of all time. One who was touched by God.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1200px-General_William_T__Sherman__41908-3053039.JPG

Lol

Winners don't get put on trial for war crimes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#14]
IMDB has not storyline information. No character names either. But Kirsten Dunst, Jimmy from Yellowstone and Pablo Escobar from Narcos are in it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
A new Super Woke take on the Civil War?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's a really stupid location to set up an overwatch.
View Quote

They're defending NYC from illegals swimming in from Cuba.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Rumor is that a major character played by Denzel Washington is a former slave who escapes to the north, joins the Union Army, rises through the ranks and returns as a General to lead a major battle culminating in victory
View Quote

Isn't that Mutha Fucka Samuel L. Jackson?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Put a chick in it and make her gay!
View Quote

Yea, I can’t believe Hollywood would make anything the trannies didn’t defeat the MAGA terrorist.
Then imprison the survivors under “ Trumped” up charges.  <~. Hahaha see what I did there?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#19]
They finally did it, those maniacs

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Sitting ducks...

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#21]
28 days later was cool. Annihilation was one of the few times that the movie was better than the book. Ex machina was very good.

We shall see.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

L...M...A...O!!!

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Will a rpg reach the torch?  I know a TOW will
View Quote
Was just thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If they don't make it about owning human beings, maybe God will be on their side next time.
View Quote

Remind me again when slaves were freed in Maryland.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What is the effective range of those guns? They defending Liberty Island?
View Quote

I was thinking same thing, WTF are they targeting from that torch in the middle of the river.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Dang, I'm reading Killer Angels and was hoping this was going to be about the Civil War.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#28]
LOL

Chinese propaganda movie? They want us to destroy ourselves before they implode themselves.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#29]
The biggest actor in the movie is Kirsten Dunst which isn't a great sign though the director has some good movies under his belt.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17279496/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3_tt_8_nm_0_q_civil%2520war
Alex Garland is an English novelist, screenwriter, film producer and director. He is best known for the films Ex Machina (2015) and Annihilation (2018).Garland's others works as a writer includes The Beach (2000), 28 Days Later (2002), Sunshine (2007), Never Let Me Go (2011) and Dredd (2012).He is also the co-writer on the video game Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.In 2015, Garland made his directorial debut with Ex Machina and was nominated for an Oscar in the Best Writing, Original Screenplay category.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here’s the real movie poster:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36516/IMG_0294_jpeg-3053079.JPG

Edit: i love the South… I just have my own way of showing it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good heavens, friend! You put up the wrong image! That's not Nathan Bedford Forrest!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Will be more woke BS from an industry people on the right would refuse to support if they weren’t so pathetic and weak
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was after they kicked the shit out of the CSA.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Let me guess: White, conservative, Christian, straight, ultra maga men are the bad guys? And it’ll have lots of gay, trans, poc heroes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good heavens, friend! You put up the wrong image! That's not Nathan Bedford Forrest!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Actually, for having no formal military training as I recall, he was an excellent general for the South.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#36]
The film stars Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Cailee Spaeny, Karl Glusman, Sonoya Mizuno and Jonica T. Gibbs. Although we have no official plot details, I’ve been told that the film is about Journalists trying to break into the White House to interview the President as a civil war is breaking out.

Trailer due next week.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#37]
That would suck ass carrying that Barret up all of those stairs.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Almost certainly going to be liberals vs. conservatives. Especially looking at the release date.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/toast_gif-994.gif

Actually, for having no formal military training as I recall, he was an excellent general for the South.
View Quote

Lee was asked post war about who was the CSA's most effective general officer. He replied, "A gentleman I have not had the pleasure of meeting - General Forrest."
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The film stars Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Cailee Spaeny, Karl Glusman, Sonoya Mizuno and Jonica T. Gibbs. Although we have no official plot details, I’ve been told that the film is about Journalists trying to break into the White House to interview the President as a civil war is breaking out.

Trailer due next week.
View Quote

Actually sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And further regulate firearms , ammunition  , and accessories .
View Quote

Lol.

How was the Confederal government in regard to individual liberties and states rights within the CSA?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lee was asked post war about who was the CSA's most effective general officer. He replied, "A gentleman I have not had the pleasure of meeting - General Forrest."
View Quote

Stonewall Jackson was probably the best the South had, but Forrest is in the conversation.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol.

How was the Confederal government in regard to individual liberties and states rights within the CSA?
View Quote

Ohbutthatwasdifferent.gif
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#44]
100% this is going to blow...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/ex-machinas-alex-garland-did-marvel-movie-would-disaster/
“Look, I’m not expecting everyone to like it,” Garland shrugs. “I know when I put something out there if it’s going to p--- a bunch of people off. The film I’m making now is also going to wind some people up.”

That would be Civil War, which Garland is shooting in Atlanta, and which he describes as a “companion piece to Men in some ways”. Starring Kirsten Dunst and Sonoya Mizuno, the lead actress of Devs, it is “set at an indeterminate point in the future – just far enough ahead for me to add a conceit” – and serves as a sci-fi allegory for our currently polarised predicament.

With Men, did he think twice about wading into a subject – misogyny – that magnetises outrage?

“I think that if you’re going to try to join a conversation, it’s incumbent on you to be as thoughtful about it as you can be. I have some female friends who are very engaged in feminism and have been talking about this stuff for a very long time now, and they were able to suggest looking at some things in different ways.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#45]
That much weight in sandbags can't be good for the ol' girl's shoulder's design specifications.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Let me guess, if I go in my bathroom and look in the mirror, I'll see the movie's villain?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#47]
It blows my mind how many here subscribe to the “Lost Cause “

I realize the original Civil War is a bit complicated, but to think it was all about states rights is burying your head in the sand.

So there.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#48]
In a perfect world, the south would have used Lincolns reluctance to fight for the advantage of all the United States.

Compromise on slavery, maybe phase it out over years, and use that leverage for real concessions on States rights.

But nope.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The emancipation proclamation only applied to the south too. Northern states still legally owned slaves after that was signed.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The emancipation proclamation only applied to the south too. Northern states still owned slaves after that was signed.

View Quote

Yes. And, it was eliminated in time. Slavery was a dying institution, the South just couldn't face it.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top