User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Oath Keepers attack New York the movie
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Overwatch has a Kalashnikov and is targeting Staten island at over a mile, the left handed BMG shooter is looking at Ellis Island

the 5 hours spent sandbagging the torch put them on the map
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How fast can they get away from there when people shoot back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the effective range of those guns? They defending Liberty Island?

How fast can they get away from there when people shoot back?

It'll take the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let me guess: White, conservative, Christian, straight, ultra maga men are the bad guys? And it’ll have lots of gay, trans, poc heroes.
View Quote

I've got a movie for you - Bushwick.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember the good ole days when a new movie didn’t require “is it woke” consideration.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember the good ole days when a new movie didn’t require “is it woke” consideration.
View Quote
It's a lot worse than that. I have to laugh when some new property is introduced, and people say things like "I hope it's not woke."
Woke is the default setting for everything in modern America. (In the West, really.) That's what happens when you lose the culture war.
Everything is woke. For the most part, it (whatever "it" is) can't exist unless it's woke. That's modern life.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was the biggest piece of shit that Hollywood shat out of its vile ass, ever.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I couldn't care less about the movie or what it's about, I just think the movie poster is really creative.

(Statue of Liberty's torch btw)  

https://i.imgur.com/6R0XyI4.jpg

View Quote

Damn. SGM made them whip out the Brasso and polish the torch as well as fortify it
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That was the biggest piece of shit that Hollywood shat out of its vile ass, ever.
View Quote

I'd argue that the apocalypse/civil war sub-genre has one of the worst track records when it comes to actually being good.

I remember seeing a trailer a few years back with some ATVs or something and it looked horrible.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's a lot worse than that. I have to laugh when some new property is introduced, and people say things like "I hope it's not woke."
Woke is the default setting for everything in modern America. (In the West, really.) That's what happens when you lose the culture war.
Everything is woke. For the most part, it (whatever "it" is) can't exist unless it's woke. That's modern life.
View Quote

Yup. Just 10 years ago people here thought it would be a passing fad and go nowhere.  Now the woke rule the planet. Typical of the Right to underestimate their enemy
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I very much dislike the Statue of Liberty because it is so often used by the left as an excuse to import the worst of the world.
View Quote

I agree 100% with you.

That fucking statue has been used against us from the start.

I real Trogan horse.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not sure who those two pissed off but that is the shitiest place to get stuck in my opinion.

No path of egress and some idiot with a cheap drone or missile to hit the arm and you’re screwed.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Civil War: January 6th.

A group of maga-right wing terrorists succeed in overthrowing the government. All gays are killed. Women made to live barefoot in the kitchen. Immigrants made into slave labor.

A small group of transsexuals will strike out at the oppressive regime...
View Quote

That's about the size of it....
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No path of egress and some idiot with a cheap drone or missile to hit the arm and you’re screwed.
View Quote
100%
View Quote
I love GD.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's 100% going to be woke. The Brit director/writer said it would be tangentially related to his horror movie about misogyny and toxic masculinity lol. By that it seems he means not related in plot but the messaging.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Those guys must be fending off the white supremacist.
View Quote

Spoiler
Defending immigrants after they open up the island again from white supremacist.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hardly. No more than their counterparts from the Union.
View Quote

You right. We're better off now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
100% this is going to blow...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/ex-machinas-alex-garland-did-marvel-movie-would-disaster/
“Look, I’m not expecting everyone to like it,” Garland shrugs. “I know when I put something out there if it’s going to p--- a bunch of people off. The film I’m making now is also going to wind some people up.”

That would be Civil War, which Garland is shooting in Atlanta, and which he describes as a “companion piece to Men in some ways”. Starring Kirsten Dunst and Sonoya Mizuno, the lead actress of Devs, it is “set at an indeterminate point in the future – just far enough ahead for me to add a conceit” – and serves as a sci-fi allegory for our currently polarised predicament.

With Men, did he think twice about wading into a subject – misogyny – that magnetises outrage?

“I think that if you’re going to try to join a conversation, it’s incumbent on you to be as thoughtful about it as you can be. I have some female friends who are very engaged in feminism and have been talking about this stuff for a very long time now, and they were able to suggest looking at some things in different ways.”

I agree it’s going to be a woke pile of shit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yet more propaganda. How convenient the release date is.
View Quote

what are the chances the bad guys AREN'T conservative white men?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me guess: White, conservative, Christian, straight, ultra maga men are the bad guys? And it’ll have lots of gay, trans, poc heroes.

I’ve never heard of it but it’s also probably woke shit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Will end with untrained teenage commie soibois and their ilk defeating terrorists seperatist cis-gender former highly trained vets if it is a Disney production.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if the female sniper in the poster qualified with the male standards or the relaxed female standards?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#24]
It will be garbage.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#25]
The Statue of Liberty is an idol modeled after a Babylonian, Greek, Roman Goddess.

Fitting and appropriate.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#26]
“Grant” will be a black a lesbian and “Lincoln” will be a trans mexican.

They are calling us enemies of America. Surely we are getting closer.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#27]
That is a cool movie poster.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I guess we can guess the character makeup
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Guaranteed to be woke bullshit where conservatives are the enemy
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really liked Ex Machina.  The directors other work doesn't seem woke so I'm optimistic.

Same here.

He was also the writer and producer for Dredd, the Karl Urban one.

And apparently Karl Urban stated that Adam should have also been credited for directing that one as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#31]
From the writer of 28 Days Later, Ex-Machina and Annihilation?  Now I'm interested.  (Thought Annihilation was meh, but the other two were excellent.)

eta:  And it's A24.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

They did that one already, it was called Bushwick and was terrible.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not sure who those two pissed off but that is the shitiest place to get stuck in my opinion.

View Quote

Don’t forget lugging sand bags to the top of that thing
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Will a rpg reach the torch?  I know a TOW will
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No running from a drone from that perch…
View Quote

Or any centerfire rifle….

Symbolism is symbolism.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Movie poster looks pretty cool.  

I googled it and it looks like Kirsten Dunst is one of the stars.  So long as they don't do some stupid shit and try to make her the baddest ass warrior the earth has ever known, it has a chance to be cool.  The directors other work was pretty good.  If it's another movie where a woman beats up a man we all know she'd get stomped by or shoots guns we all know we would recoil her into tears, we should be able to tell from the trailer.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#37]
I can predict the ending.  The patriot types will be defeated by woke LGBTQ+ trannies.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Will Dixie gain her God given right to Independence in this movie?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The war of northern aggression was about states rights .   Powers not specifically granted to the federal government by the constitution belong to the states .  The federal government decided to violate the constitution yet again .https://www.hdwallpaper.nu/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Confederate_Flag_3650.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  If they don't make it about owning human beings, maybe God will be on their side next time.

The war of northern aggression was about states rights .   Powers not specifically granted to the federal government by the constitution belong to the states .  The federal government decided to violate the constitution yet again .https://www.hdwallpaper.nu/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Confederate_Flag_3650.jpg

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
They did that one already, it was called Bushwick and was terrible.
View Quote

You are FAR too kind in saying "Bushwick" was only "terrible"..

Toxic Texans with Scary Guns invade NYC ...  And the NYC goofies fight back with all their own guns ...

The Only "Bushwick" I recognize as "legit" ...

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If they don't make it about owning human beings, maybe God will be on their side next time.
View Quote

Fun fact of the day:

Did you know that the South was leaning more and more towards abolition?

Then the Haitian genocide of 1804 happened. And for some reason abolition didn't seem like a good idea anymore.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am sure it will.suck
View Quote

Yup,

Small militia of white racist trump supporters attacking brave, woke, lgbtq purple hairs and their black friends, because they are in mixed race relationships and want to destroy them and put blacks back on plantations.

It won’t be the boogaloo we want to see on screen.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Deleted
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Deleted
View Quote

Damn Dude!!  

You should have at least put that trailer into the "Spoiler" function so as not to ruin all the surprises & twists for everyone else!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
From the writer of 28 Days Later, Ex-Machina and Annihilation?  Now I'm interested.  (Thought Annihilation was meh, but the other two were excellent.)

eta:  And it's A24.
View Quote

Might want to read the thread to see what he's been up to lately.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Symbolism is symbolism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No running from a drone from that perch…

Symbolism is symbolism.

Yeah no kidding. It’s a movie poster guys. Meant to snag your attention and pique your curiosity. The movie may suck, but the poster is actually pretty darn well done.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Damn Dude!!  

You should have at least put that trailer into the "Spoiler" function so as not to ruin all the surprises & twists for everyone else!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deleted

Damn Dude!!  

It was garbage
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Movie poster looks pretty cool.  

I googled it and it looks like Kirsten Dunst is one of the stars.  So long as they don't do some stupid shit and try to make her the baddest ass warrior the earth has ever known, it has a chance to be cool.  The directors other work was pretty good.  If it's another movie where a woman beats up a man we all know she'd get stomped by or shoots guns we all know we would recoil her into tears, we should be able to tell from the trailer.
View Quote

The director has already said it's going to be about feminism and misogyny and will spin people up. I almost guarantee there's going to be some kind of Trump figure are president.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The director has already said it's going to be about feminism and misogyny and will spin people up. I almost guarantee there's going to be some kind of Trump figure are president.
View Quote
That comment was about a previous movie entitled Men.

Men | Official Trailer HD | A24
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That comment was about a previous movie entitled Men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt81CJcWZy8
View Quote

Except you're ignoring this bit “companion piece to Men in some ways”.

How else exactly would a horror movie about a woman in the English countryside losing her husband relate to this movie with female leads if it wasn't for theme.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top