Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/17/2018 11:55:31 AM EDT
Just found out that a coworker has gone with his church to North Florida where the hurricane just went through with trailers full of supplies. Apparently the first group that went one of the trailers was broken into and everything stolen over night now his church has asked for anyone with firearms to go and protect the supplies.

He just got his first AR a few months ago has very little trigger time on it. Another co worker tried to talk him out of taking it just for the legal aspect but he insisted

Seems like a bad Idea to me
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Jesus Christ. Someone get whacko under control before he gives the antis more ammo.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just found out that a coworker has gone with his church to North Florida where the hurricane just went through with trailers full of supplies. Apparently the first group that went one of the trailers was broken into and everything stolen over night now his church has asked for anyone with firearms to go and protect the supplies.

He just got his first AR a few months ago has very little trigger time on it. Another co worker tried to talk him out of taking it just for the legal aspect but he insisted

View Quote
"roof Korean" ..took me a second lol.

I'd go armed anyway but not looking for trouble.  Is he taking it "just in case" or is he going hunting for trouble
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]
INB4 ARFCOMERs begging to signup... Where can I sign up?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah that does indeed seem like a bad idea
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He just got his first AR a few months ago has very little trigger time on it.
View Quote
He might have to get it on.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
INB4 ARFCOMERs begging to signup... Where can I sign up?
View Quote
Also this

I need a wheelbarrel for my spare arms though
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"roof Korean" ..took me a second lol
View Quote
Well it worked for them!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#8]

reference meme
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
No open carry of firearms in Florida, even in emergencies (an exception for hunting/fishing only) so your friend will in all likelihood get his shit pushed it if he tries 'standing guard' with a rifle. Concealed (w/permit) is about the only way to go. Are the trailers on private property ?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Is he bringing just the one mag, or both?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No open carry of firearms in Florida, even in emergencies (an exception for hunting/fishing only) so your friend will in all likelihood get his shit pushed it if he tries 'standing guard' with a rifle. Concealed (w/permit) is about the only way to go. Are the trailers on private property ?
View Quote
I opened carried on my own property and previous business, because America.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am going to assume they are on church property
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Risk a voluntary manslaughter charge to protect some donated bottled water and clothes and shit?

PASS
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Perfectly Legal to open carry on private property.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Risk a voluntary manslaughter charge to protect some donated bottled water and clothes and shit?

PASS
View Quote
I agree with this.  Protecting personal property after a storm and deading a looter is one thing.  Traveling to a disaster area armed is asking to get loved tenderly
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#16]
that's not a meme, that's a picture.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't embrace what soon will be considered obscure in a few months.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

PASS
View Quote
Plus the optics when the shooting victim actually turns out to be some desperate evacuee.

Now to protect Church members that’s a different story.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#20]
This place cracks me up. Everybody has a stash of guns and ammo, plate carriers, "kits", bug out gear, optics, night vision and practices "drills". But let's stand guard in front of our trailer with $100,000.00 worth of supplies in it "sounds like a bad idea".
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I opened carried on my own property and previous business, because America.
View Quote
That's generally legal everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This place cracks me up. Everybody has a stash of guns and ammo, plate carriers, "kits", bug out gear, optics, night vision and practices "drills". But let's stand guard in front of our trailer with $100,000.00 worth of supplies in it "sounds like a bad idea".
View Quote
If it saves one life!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't see how it's a bad idea when he lives in FL and can STAND HIS GROUND.  Even if it got to a jury, which it likely would not, I think a jury would be sympathetic to a guy trying to defend supplies meant for hurricane victims.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I think a mini tank is a better choice post hurricane.

Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#25]
At least he’s not using a shotgun. That would be dumb.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like he is technically hunting over bait.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good comment for ending this thread.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't see a problem with this.

Protecting your supplies in a SHTF situation is a perfect example of what guns are good for. Nobody is stealing from the crazy guy on the roof with an AR15.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like they need a better/ safer form of security.  Perhaps not stoping at Sleezy Pete's for a rest.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

So true
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Holy shit, this exactly.

I'm not advocating bands of "militia" running around screwing with looters, but arming yourself to protect property? That's kinda the whole point of owning firearms for protection. There are ways to do it that are smarter than others, but if you're not going to use your guns to defend yourself and protect property, then it's pretty much time to give them to someone who will. And if someone goes to an area whose infrastructure is destroyed and the traditional police response is delayed or even non-existent, and they do so without means to protect themselves or their possessions, they're dumber than a bag of hammers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wouldn't be any issue in Texas. The open carrying of long arms is perfectly legal and using lethal force to protect property is also legal. I don't know about the laws of Florida though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He just got his first AR a few months ago has very little trigger time on it.
But only if they make a move.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If it saves one life!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it saves one life!
Look, it would be different if he’d taken a few courses and had a bunch of trigger time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
You just went full Zimmerman.  Never go full Zimmerman.

If you want to throw your life away over a trailer full of someone else's bottled water and Walmart clothes, be my guest.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So true
To a lot of people...all this stuff...is a fashion statement.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't see how it's a bad idea when he lives in FL and can STAND HIS GROUND.  Even if it got to a jury, which it likely would not, I think a jury would be sympathetic to a guy trying to defend supplies meant for hurricane victims.
View Quote

If you own one of those weapons of war, the only way you should have it is stored in the back of a safe and chained down.

Only military and LEOs should have them out in public.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I wouldn’t go unarmed, but there is a difference in protecting your livelihood and property (roof Koreans) and recklessly defending stuff (remember looters can be armed too).
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is plenty of water he can throw a fishing line in.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think a mini tank is a better choice post hurricane.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/76/4c/e5/filename-sam-5373-jpg.jpg
View Quote
Looks like fun, but where you gonna duck 'to' after you hear the first rounds ping off the hatch next to your head?

Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I used rooftop Koreans to illustrate the value of the 2nd amendment to my son. He really got the idea of a social group binding together to defend their homes and shops. They are more than a meme. They are a clear and recent example of the value of the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
that's not a meme, that's a picture.
View Quote
... and what exactly to you think a meme is?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you want to throw your life away over a trailer full of someone else's bottled water and Walmart clothes, be my guest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, not me going all Zim-Zam. This site, daily. Good stuff!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Doesn't sound like a really good idea for him, but I wouldn't be traveling to any disaster zone unless I am armed, although I would go the discreet, handgun licensed and under my shirt route.

I'm not going to shoot someone over a box of saltines or a bottle of gatorade, but I will defend my life against someone who may come out of the ruins and try to take it.........
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I used rooftop Koreans to illustrate the value of the 2nd amendment to my son. He really got the idea of a social group binding together to defend their homes and shops. They are more than a meme. They are a clear and recent example of the value of the 2nd amendment.
View Quote
I saw them for myself growing up as a kid and living through the Rodney King riots where the police stopped showing up and people turned into savages when given the opportunity. It didn't really hit me until I was an adult at how valuable the 2A is to an individual and our society.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
They should really look for members of the parish who have law enforcement experience. I wouldn't take a rifle either, if it were me I would take a pistol that I could keep in a holster concealed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#50]
It sounds like the church is asking for problems. They should coordinate with local law enforcement in Florida if there are security issues. The last thing a church needs is for a news story saying how a church member shot someone getting supplies that they brought to give out to people for free.

jd1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top