Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah that makes NO sense at all...built on a GMC 1/2 truck frame?
What's next all Jeep vehicles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Horrible.  I can't believe that it includes H1s.  They have full DOT approval like any other passenger vehicle.

Yeah that makes NO sense at all...built on a GMC 1/2 truck frame?
What's next all Jeep vehicles?

H1s are not built on the 1/2 ton chassis.  It is identical to a HMMWV except for wiring and interior.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Colorado! The new and improved California.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My 96 H1 had a 17 digit vin but the title said AM General.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How would a commercially manufactured Hummer H1 fall under military surplus vehicle?

Under that logic wouldn't every commercial  Jeep also be a mil vehicle?

What about Chevy Pick-ups and Blazers? CUCV anyone?

It doesn't,  the H1 isn't included, it has all federally required safety/emissions equipment for a normal passenger vehicle.,

An H1 built by AM General IS included.  Read the link.

Mine did have a 17 digit Vin, but I don't remember who was listed as the manufacturer on the title.  If it says GM, it is good to go like the H2s and 3s.

My 96 H1 had a 17 digit vin but the title said AM General.

Thanks. I couldn't remember.  I had a 96 and a 99.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

if correct minded Coloradans where to register ALL of their vehicles out of state, in great enough numbers, that would likely send a message.  But correct minded people usually suck at organizing, so that idea is just fantasy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess they'd rather those people send their money to Montana then.

if correct minded Coloradans where to register ALL of their vehicles out of state, in great enough numbers, that would likely send a message.  But correct minded people usually suck at organizing, so that idea is just fantasy

I register all of my trailers out of state but didn’t realize I could do vehicles. In to learn more about this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Put a water tank in the back, hook up a small water pump run by a generator, and presto, you have a rig made for grass fire mitigation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you register it in a neighboring state?
View Quote

You can here in Oklahoma and we're a neighboring state.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Set up LLC in Montana, tags for dirt cheap, problem solved.  This is what most super car owners in states like GA with insane taxes do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Well,you get what you vote for.

More pot needles and less freedom.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Horrible.  I can't believe that it includes H1s.  They have full DOT approval like any other passenger vehicle.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Register it in Vermont
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Looking at the text of the bill- When introduced it all boils down to one simple thing:

Emissions

If I am interpreting and reading between the lines correctly they really had no way to define emissions standards and testing so they took the easy route and just banned them.

Military Motor Vehicle bill SB 19-054

You can scroll down and see all the revisions etc.
I personally don't have a direct dog in this fight, I don't own a surplus vehicle.
I do know a gent whose business is Pinzgauers and another that owns a towing company who has a surplus OshKosh he uses for heavy recovery- curious how it will affect them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lawsuits should be incoming... BIGLY.  And all legal fees should be taken taken frim every communist scumbag who helped write it or voted for it.
View Quote

Wouldn't said law constitute a "taking" of private property ergo the state would have to buy all those vehicles at the current market going price? That would get the stupid law dumped in a hurry. Not enough money for greeny weenie projects if you're forced to buy all the things you suddenly made illegal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Texas allows you to register your vehicle out of state,
https://www.visitor.us/how-to-register-a-vehicle-as-a-non-us-resident-in/texas
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm, vehicles greater than 25 years old do not have to meet Federal Safety Standards that's why old military vehicles have been allowed to be registered and driven on the streets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hmmm, vehicles greater than 25 years old do not have to meet Federal Safety Standards that's why old military vehicles have been allowed to be registered and driven on the streets.
View Quote

This is not accurate.

And the State Police captain told me that they consider "date of manufacture" to be the date it LEFT THE MILITARY.

Every bureaucracy is out of control.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#16]
This includes a civilian hummer? That makes no sense.

Colorado has been going to shit for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can you register it in a neighboring state?
View Quote

You can, but then the State of Colorado will go after you for not registering your vehicle/paying sales tax in Colorado per State Law.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A stree/civilian version H1 isn't a military vehicle, so why would it be affected?
View Quote

It's not, only the military models.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Nvm
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Civilian H1’s were never “military surplus” vehicles.

Not even a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Thou shalt not have toys!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You can, but then the State of Colorado will go after you for not registering your vehicle/paying sales tax in Colorado per State Law.
View Quote

Plus you probably don't want to run into the insurance hassle if you have an accident or otherwise file a claim.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Fuck all that! I would drive them up the state capitol steps. The old vets at the local VFW would be pissed if I couldn't bring my trucks to the local parades for them to ride in. The Memorial Day Parade was dying off as the older guys could no longer make the march through town to the cemetery until I started bringing my trucks. Now it's one of the largest parades in our county.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is not accurate.

And the State Police captain told me that they consider "date of manufacture" to be the date it LEFT THE MILITARY.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not accurate.

FWIW I've had police tell me all sorts of BS that's simply not true.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Colorado, my state and im embarrased to even admit it.
This place was wonderful when I came here in 1990.
Maybe im a curse but about a year or two after I arrived, its been a steady decline into Shitholeistan ever since.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Reasoning?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?

Reasoning?

Reasoning?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Colorado, my state and im embarrased to even admit it.
This place was wonderful when I came here in 1990.
Maybe im a curse but about a year or two after I arrived, its been a steady decline into Shitholeistan ever since.
View Quote

Agreed.

I know a guy who fixes and sells surplus Mogs and Pingauzers.  As in, he gets flown to other states to fix them up and fixes up specific rigs for security teams.

This looks like complete bullshit.  I'll have to chat with him next time I see him at 4H.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

H1s are not built on the 1/2 ton chassis.  It is identical to a HMMWV except for wiring and interior.
View Quote

H1's were manufactured to meet US Federal Safety Standards.  What Colorado is doing is going against what the UD DOT/National Highway Traffic Safety Administration tells states.  

Colorado has gone full retard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#29]
It is things like this, the abortion up until birth bill and others that have got me itching to get out of here.

I recently bought land in Tennessee with the idea of staying here for another two years while I slowly build over there.

I might just go ahead and list my house and get out of this leftist controlled Moloch worshipping state.

Living in a camper on my Tennessee property is better than sticking around here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FWIW I've had police tell me all sorts of BS that's simply not true.
View Quote

This was the guy in charge of state inspections who was the "expert witness" to the senators in the transportation subcommittee.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#31]
A new side industry is soon to emerge:  Anyone with a small farm will issue certificates that the vehicle is used on his/her small farm so it can be registered as a farm vehicle.  Bring your vehicle out to his/her farm, and haul one bale of hay/alfalfa to the barn..BAM, it is used as a farm vehicle.  Certificates will be sold for $100...or haul one potato to the potato shed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A new side industry is soon to emerge:  Anyone with a small farm will issue certificates that the vehicle is used on his/her small farm so it can be registered as a farm vehicle.  Bring your vehicle out to his/her farm, and haul one bale of hay/alfalfa to the barn..BAM, it is used as a farm vehicle.  Certificates will be sold for $100...or haul one potato to the potato shed.
View Quote

VA just heavily restricted Farm Use vehicles as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is not accurate.

View Quote

By the FED Standards it is accurate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This was the guy in charge of state inspections who was the "expert witness" to the senators in the transportation subcommittee.
View Quote

Per what NHTSA states he is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

By the FED Standards it is accurate.
View Quote

No, the military vehicles have nothing to do with the 25 year "antique" rule.  That's why my truck was only 13 years old when auctioned off.

The military vehicles are a separate thing in federal code.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#36]
CO = East CA.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
CO trying to outdo CA?
View Quote

Isnt it more like Californians transplants trying to out do California while living in Colorado  ? ??
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nice job you liberal fucks.
Colorado DMV just revoked the titles to all military surplus vehicles. They will only be issued an “ORV” (Off Road Vehicle.) title.
This includes HMMV vehicles even if it was purchased from a dealer as a civilian vehicle when new.
You spent $70k on a brand new Hummvee H1 from your local Chevy dealer when they came out?
Fuck you, you can’t drive it on the street anymore.
Bought a surplus HMMV and spent $50k to put it back together correctly?
Got grandpas flat fender Jeep he bought as surplus after WWII and restored it?

No more surplus vehicles in parades either.
This was a silent and sudden law.
“Arbitrary and Capricious” anybody?

Fuck you Military Vehicle Owners

3. Can any Surplus military vehicle be registered for on road use?
The only surplus military vehicles that can be registered for on-road use are vehicles that are leased or owned by a municipality, county or fire protection district for the purposes of assisting with firefighting efforts, including mitigating the risk of wildfires.
View Quote

What about the surplus .mil vehicles LE agencies have?
8. I currently have a M998 (HMMWV) registered with a Colorado license plate. What will happen with that registration?
The registration will be permitted to remain until it expires at which time it cannot be renewed or you can cancel it you will be eligible for a credit for another vehicle that you own. This credit is valid until the end of the registration period of the Surplus Military Vehicle. No refunds will be issued. The currently issued title will be replaced with an OHV title, and will be mailed to you at no additional charge.
View Quote

You want Killdozer?
This is how you get Killdozer.

Fucking pricks

View Quote

Zero fucks given! What in the hell do you expect when you vote into office radical Leftist that hate America!!!!!!

You created this mess Colorado, now deal with it….
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?
View Quote

Hahahahahahahahahahaha they don’t need one
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Coldifornia strikes again.
View Quote

NIMBYs and PAVEs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Besides them just being assholes my guess is this is a way to get as many military style vehicles out of civilian hands as possible!
View Quote

I can’t imagine why they’d want to do that…
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Probably due to all of the Californians who brought their “values” to the state when they relocated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CO trying to outdo CA?

Probably due to all of the Californians who brought their “values” to the state when they relocated.

Does CA ban street registration of .mil surplus vehicles?  I’ll have to tell my friend in Sacramento  that has 6-8 AM General Hummvees……
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#43]
The only thing good that liberals contribute to society is when they get turned to fertilizer.  They're on the same level as cancer,  killing and destroying everything decent
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Why anyone  would  choose to live in a State like that is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Colorado seems to have really swung hard left over the past 20 years. It's like California 2.0 now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
CO is so full of fuck it isn't funny.  That shithole state is lost.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's weird. What was their reasoning?
View Quote

Because they can hold more than 15 rounds.     Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Zero fucks given! What in the hell do you expect when you vote into office radical Leftist that hate America!!!!!!

You created this mess Colorado, now deal with it….
View Quote

When you say  " YOU " who the fuck are you talking to?
Because I'm fairly certain anyone on this board from CO didnt vote for any of these commie fucks to ruin our state.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CO is so full of fuck it isn't funny.  That shithole state is lost.

Fact, this state is long lost.

Im here for a max of 3-5 until my kids are grown ass adults and I leave here.

Where will I go that wont be ruined in 3-5 more years.... thats the bigger Quesrtion
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top