Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you just call me a pussy communist?
View Quote

I understand that reference.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
This is ridiculous and damn scary.
I am grateful I live in TX but I can se this crap happening anywhere if people aren't paying attention.

On a side note - according to the Colorado DMV site listed earlier the rule only applies to US made military vehicles.
Time to buy a BRDM and really piss them off.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
No wonder the Wolverines moved to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
You can register it here and claim to stay here, just bring a small camper and park it in my yard for a nominal yearly fee and drive your vehicles there in Commie colorado. Get plates, tags and registration.  It happens here for people who cant or dont want to do smog testing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why anyone  would  choose to live in a State like that is beyond me.
View Quote

Because 15-20 years ago we were one of the free-est states. Then there were a few years of slow decline. Then recreational marijuana and "personhood" both made it in to the 2012 ballot, both as unconfessed democrat GOTV efforts after an absolute shit show of a 2010 governor's race.

And then the decline got a lot faster.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Isn't Montana really easy to register vehicles in? I think I've read that a lot of rich people with supercars will make an LLC in Montana to register their vehicles because it's cheap and easy.
View Quote

yep, you can do this in various states. It's not always legal though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Easy solution, form an LLC in Montana and register them here. We will gladly take your money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody in CO want to sell me a deuce and a half?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Wyoming needs to setup a “out of state” registration office right over the border like the fireworks stands.

I need to register a truck in SD/MT, haven’t gotten around to it
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fact, this state is long lost.
Where will I go that wont be ruined in 3-5 more years.... thats the bigger Quesrtion
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't you register out of state vehicles in Wyoming or Montana?  I thought a lot of people registered expensive cars there to get around property tax assessments in states that fuck you over on those.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Got news for Ya'll...... MONTANA is one of the next to fall into commie majority.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got news for Ya'll...... MONTANA is one of the next to fall into commie majority.
View Quote

Lol, we are not even close. You should see the voting results from last election.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol, we are not even close. You should see the voting results from last election.
View Quote

The voting results don't even matter.

What matters is that there are control freaks within your DMV and State Police who would GLEEFULLY take more of your freedoms, and your legislature will be too lazy to cross examine them.  And you will be so busy trying to survive in this shit world doing your job and raising your family that you won't be able to compete with the bureaucrat who gets PAID to work on this kind of shit FULL TIME and has complete and total access to your legislator as an "expert witness".
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I really hate this state.  It's been down the drain awhile ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Also, you all need to stop vacationing here. The more money they lose the better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Also, you all need to stop vacationing here. The more money they lose the better.
View Quote

I've been working for 6 years to try to get to the point that I can trailer my HMMWV to Colorado, too.

Fuck all of these fucks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?
View Quote

There is no reason with liberals. It's all just stupid shit
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There is no reason with liberals. It's all just stupid shit
View Quote

It doesn't have to be liberals.  I repeat, Republicans fucked us with glee on this issue in VA.  The 3rd best defender for us on this issue was a VERY anti-gun democrat senator Wexton.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The voting results don't even matter.

What matters is that there are control freaks within your DMV and State Police who would GLEEFULLY take more of your freedoms, and your legislature will be too lazy to cross examine them.  And you will be so busy trying to survive in this shit world doing your job and raising your family that you won't be able to compete with the bureaucrat who gets PAID to work on this kind of shit FULL TIME and has complete and total access to your legislator as an "expert witness".
View Quote

Well, first we have no state police so that's no worry. Second, executive branch agencies generally reflect the values of the governor who is pretty damn conservative so no worry on that front either. Also. the legislature is even more conservative that the governor, and they don't put up with executive branch agencies usurping their authority to make laws.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]
One option may to be to tag it in another state.  

Each state has their own laws regarding such, but for those that have property or other qualifying reasons, may be an option if colorado doesn't want your tax money.  I'm sure other states wouldn't mind taking it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, first we have no state police so that's no worry. Second, executive branch agencies generally reflect the values of the governor who is pretty damn conservative so no worry on that front either. Also. the legislature is even more conservative that the governor, and they don't put up with executive branch agencies usurping their authority to make laws.
View Quote

There are people in the bureaucracy who are charged with "highway safety".  Those will be the interested parties.

Our Superintendent of the State Police is almost always a non-political figure.  Our current one was appointed my Governor Blackface and re-appointed by our Republican Youngkin.  They are charged with "keeping people safe".  That's what they'll say they are doing.  That's what every politician will believe of them.

The legislature will consider this a boring topic and want to move on lazily.  They'll go along with what the "highway safety expert" tells them.

We'll never be able to fix the swamp if we don't fully understand the swamp.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've been working for 6 years to try to get to the point that I can trailer my HMMWV to Colorado, too.

Fuck all of these fucks.
View Quote
I won't say who but someone I know is transferring all vehicle titles to another state next month. Being planning it for awhile now. This state sucks.  I moved here when the state constitution was amended to not give gays any extra rights.  So from that to what it now is mind boggling.  It's people from CA and the upper Midwest who destroyed it with their commie "values."
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Obvious statement of the day: liberals destroy everything they touch.

It's a damn shame what has happened to CO.
View Quote

I miss Colorado from the '70s, miners, loggers, cowboys, and brewers. All of them hunted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well,you get what you vote for.

More pot needles and less freedom.
View Quote

Actually, we get what 5 liberal counties vote for.  Colorado is much like WA and OR, where a small, overpopulated, enclave of liberals control the state politics and makes it shit for the rest of us.  

People are leaving the above-mentioned shitty counties, some for out of state, but a lot for other counties in the state.  I live in a very conservative part of the state, but it is being flooded by cockroaches from CA.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Actually, we get what 5 liberal counties vote for.  Colorado is much like WA and OR, where a small, overpopulated, enclave of liberals control the state politics and makes it shit for the rest of us.  

People are leaving the above-mentioned shitty counties, some for out of state, but a lot for other counties in the state.  I live in a very conservative part of the state, but it is being flooded by cockroaches from CA.
View Quote
Parker is where I am and I want to ram my truck into any plates with CA, WI, IL, MN and MI plates.  Fuckers
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You can, but then the State of Colorado will go after you for not registering your vehicle/paying sales tax in Colorado per State Law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you register it in a neighboring state?

You can, but then the State of Colorado will go after you for not registering your vehicle/paying sales tax in Colorado per State Law.

One way to get around CO BS is to form a trust and list the address of the trust in MT and put the vehicles in the trust.  You get pulled over, you hand the LEO the registration showing the owner of the vehicle is an MT trust and you explain you're just using the vehicle.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#28]
So I'm guessing any surplus .mil vehicles the state, counties or towns have are junk now too?  Didn't police departments get a lot .mil vehicles for their SWAT teams?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Parker is where I am and I want to ram my truck into any plates with CA, WI, IL, MN and MI plates.  Fuckers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are more of the plates you listed showing up on the Western Slope and we are seeing more and more bullshit "feel good" city/county rules and regulations pop up.  Though this past election conservatives were voted into city/county positions. So, there's a glimmer of hope.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Trying to head off the wealthy armored car market so everyone is equally at risk from the road outlaws?  Afraid of militias?  Environmental virtue signaling?  

Weird, can't imagine there was any need for this with so few surplus vehicles on the road.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Move to a free state or get out and convince your fellow Coloradians to vote conservative.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HI neighbor! Im in Parker too... well the Pinery.
Wanna go hunt liberals with me?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's probably an ex post facto law & therefore illegal.  Talk to a lawyer.
View Quote

Can we add a sticky about what an ex post facto law is to GD?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#34]
MD only allows vehicles with a conforming VIN (17 digits?) to be registered, so no MILSURP vehicles have been able to get an MD plate for several years.

There's an advocacy group specifically working to convince DMVs to adopt rules against military vehicles in civilian hands under a variety of methods.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
MD only allows vehicles with a conforming VIN (17 digits?) to be registered, so no MILSURP vehicles have been able to get an MD plate for several years.

There's an advocacy group specifically working to convince DMVs to adopt rules against military vehicles in civilian hands under a variety of methods.

Kharn
View Quote

And the military vehicle advocacy groups are huge FUDD types who don't care.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#36]
People register their vehicles in Montana for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#37]
3. Can any Surplus military vehicle be registered for on road use?
The only surplus military vehicles that can be registered for on-road use are vehicles that are leased or owned by a municipality, county or fire protection district for the purposes of assisting with firefighting efforts, including mitigating the risk of wildfires.
View Quote

Find 100 acres in Colorado. Incorporate it as ARF-ville. Sell 1 square foot plots. "Buy" mil surplus vehicles from screwed citizens.  Call them "Municipality vehicles".  Deputize anyone that owns 1 square foot. Issue them a department M-16.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Liberals suck
View Quote

They aren't Liberals. They are Marxists.

One reason our "side" continues to lose is because we accept the despriprive subterfuge they invented. BTW, "sides" are also a mechanism they exploit for division....  White/Black, rich/working class, straight/gay, bourgeois/proletariat, boomer/millennial/gen X/gen Z all are divisionist bullshit terms they instill for narrative control.

The only true "sides" are "marxists" and "everybody else" if you clear away their bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#39]
The Dragonman isn't going to be happy about this!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Find 100 acres in Colorado. Incorporate it as ARF-ville. Sell 1 square foot plots. "Buy" mil surplus vehicles from screwed citizens.  Call them "Municipality vehicles".  Deputize anyone that owns 1 square foot. Issue them a department M-16.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
3. Can any Surplus military vehicle be registered for on road use?
The only surplus military vehicles that can be registered for on-road use are vehicles that are leased or owned by a municipality, county or fire protection district for the purposes of assisting with firefighting efforts, including mitigating the risk of wildfires.

The problem(s) there are:

1. Colorado doesn't allow police to just be "deputized." Everybody, even a reservist, needs a full POST certification and to be a resident of Colorado, and there's even an annual ongoing training requirement now. Really made a former chief of mine mad when he was foiled in his plan to be Lake Arthur ten years earlier.

2. That same department barely avoided being sued over fuckery in a patrol car with government plates that it's not clear the city actually owned. What a goddamn mess.

Sadly, I think some aggrieved unimog owners suing DMV and introducing the legislators as witnesses, who said "this is absolutely not what the bill intended," may be the best way forward even if it is slow and expensive. Every better option that I see is an option only in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I hear Montana is a nice state to register a vehicle in.
View Quote

This.

$500 to set up a LLC. Register all your shit to it. Done. My old man has Montana tags on all of his toys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#42]
...But muh weed...

Fuck ALL leftists!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
CO trying to outdo CA?
View Quote

They are way ahead.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#44]
The time has come to reintroduce common sense and logic into Colorado government in the form of retribution for their support of Marxist ideals and the Communist 'Greenie' life style they are force-feeding the taxpayers.

The sooner the better...

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Register out of state to get around bullshit.

Like Vermont
Ask me how I know
View Quote

Yep!
We give zero fucks around here.
Most of the flats that have vacation homes here, keep a car with Vt plates in the garage.
They think they blend in with us that way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone in Colorado want to rent a room from me? I have 100 5sq ft rooms to rent. Say......$10 a month.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow. No kidding? What the hell happened there?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Someone in CO needs to make the leftists play by their own rules and remind them that Mercedes G Wagons, Toyota Land Cruisers, and Land Rover Defenders are all military vehicles and therefore all variants of said vehicles also need to be banned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How would a commercially manufactured Hummer H1 fall under military surplus vehicle?

Under that logic wouldn't every commercial  Jeep also be a mil vehicle?

What about Chevy Pick-ups and Blazers? CUCV anyone?

Someone in CO needs to make the leftists play by their own rules and remind them that Mercedes G Wagons, Toyota Land Cruisers, and Land Rover Defenders are all military vehicles and therefore all variants of said vehicles also need to be banned.

so do the leftists now outnumber the rightists?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Pepperidge Farms remembers the VW diesel recall. I relinquished (sold back) my Jetta even though I could have kept it. I was afraid the state would disallow registration of such a heinous polluter and I couldn't be stuck with that. I really liked that car. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Because 15-20 years ago we were one of the free-est states. Then there were a few years of slow decline. Then recreational marijuana and "personhood" both made it in to the 2012 ballot, both as unconfessed democrat GOTV efforts after an absolute shit show of a 2010 governor's race.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why anyone  would  choose to live in a State like that is beyond me.

I got there in 1985 when it was redder than red. What a wonderful place it was. Left in 2009 and watched as the legalization of marijuana changed it dramatically.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top