Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My shocked face
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because they require skilled craftsmen to produce.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't quite understand why they don't make them anymore.  

Because they require skilled craftsmen to produce.

As my old NCO's used to say:  there are two types of problems in this world:  skill problems and will problems.

So I am guessing the problem is finding people who care enough, that have enough will to learn the skills to handfit gun parts.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Iam glad for COLT!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

...and bring back the Diamondback, Python, and Anaconda lines.  I've wanted a .22 Diamondback 6" as a mate for my 6" .38 Diamondback forever.  The Python is the sexiest handgun EVER made  More please...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Now make a new DA/SA revolver.

...and bring back the Diamondback, Python, and Anaconda lines.  I've wanted a .22 Diamondback 6" as a mate for my 6" .38 Diamondback forever.  The Python is the sexiest handgun EVER made  More please...

LOL. Colt is a defense co tractor strictly it seems. All the brains leaked out of that company years ago. No vision or willingness to do anything other than crank out assembly line AR and SAW parts.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So now that they will be flush with government money again, anybody reckon they will bring back that "too good for the civilian market" attitude?
View Quote

As soon as they sign the contract.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
From the Truth About Guns Comments. The contract is shared between FN and Colt by the way.

John Paul Epstein • 23 minutes ago

My guess is very little.

Based on a feeling in my butt, the majority of it--at least $106 million, which is 50% of the contract--will likely go to FN for supplies, manufacturing and distribution. Colt would likely get royalties on the M4 patent, which would then mostly go towards paying off their debt.

So FN gets to stay productive for the U.S. military (because ain't nobody buying their SCAR 'till the cost comes down) and becomes the new golden child for milspec guns, while Colt gets to stay alive until the creditors squeeze every drop of blood that they can.

It'd be pretty cool if the tribe that made an offer actually got to own them, once everything is finished. Maybe then Colt will go back to making quality revolvers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
in before the next "army announces program to find m4 replacement thread."

congrats to colt & FNH & please allow a box to fall of the truck next time you pass my place
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Tier mother-fuckin' ONE!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote

Yes redesign the Python using 3G and get it on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I had to go to bing images to see what those are.  One pic was just the upper.  It was for sale on gunsamerica.  He had it listed at $1,069.

Cha ching!  

Somebody must have bought it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good!

Now start cranking out 6943P or 6944P uppers please, kthxbye

I had to go to bing images to see what those are.  One pic was just the upper.  It was for sale on gunsamerica.  He had it listed at $1,069.

Cha ching!  

Somebody must have bought it.

6943/44 or 6943/44P

There's a difference..the 6943 or 6944 uppers are their normal "DI" uppers. I've never seen a 6943P or 6944P upper in the wild.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Too big to fail.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder how good the blow job was.
View Quote

The question should had been was how they swallowed?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Syrians like Colts.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
*shrug*

Cool I guess.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Colt should hire me to help them revamp their product line. I'll have them in shape in no time. I'd create a massive civvy program to cater juat to us lowly non-mil/leo/fed/state pukes!

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
So does this mean my 89 dollar lowers are worth 40 bucks now?I feel I've been shafted like vw tdi owners.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Colt should hire me to help them revamp their product line. I'll have them in shape in no time. I'd create a massive civvy program to cater juat to us lowly non-mil/leo/fed/state pukes!

View Quote

Bring me on board, I'll market them right and we'll sell a crap ton of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Clinton bail them out?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

i find it preferable for the US Gov't to have arms built by Americans.  But you are correct that is isn't necessary.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's called a mercy bailout.

The .mil didn't need Colt..........plenty of others who do just as good or better job at making M4's

honest question, how many american owned companies can product at that volume & quality?

Doesn't need to be an American company.

The world has changed. like it or not.

And besides, if a man (or company) can't stand on their own two feet...I would prefer if they went away.

We have too many useless eaters in this world as it is.

i find it preferable for the US Gov't to have arms built by Americans.  But you are correct that is isn't necessary.  

True this.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm good with this.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#21]
The government motors of the gun world.

My prediction is that they will still end up bankrupt before the contract ends or they will be bought out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#22]
i felt the same as alot of the other nay-sayers regarding colt.then,one day at walmart...they were 500 bucks.i bought it ,then shot it the next day..call me crazy,but it shoots better (smoother) than any other ar ive shot..i love colt and jesus
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

honest question, how many american owned companies can product at that volume & quality?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The .mil didn't need Colt..........plenty of others who do just as good or better job at making M4's

while $212,000,000 may seem large, the actual number of rifles is probably under 100,000. would not be surpised if it was closer to 20,000.  The 212,000,000 dollar figure (I haven't seen the exact contract so I can say 100%) is likely for rifles, replacement parts, accessories, and upkeep over the next 4 years.  There are quite a few companies that could have likely produced the quantity and the quality desired.  Hell ruger makes over 1 million guns a year by itself, plenty of other companies out there could make the less than 25,000 a year figure likely in place for this contract.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From the Truth About Guns Comments. The contract is shared between FN and Colt by the way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My guess is very little.

Based on a feeling in my butt, the majority of it--at least $106 million, which is 50% of the contract--will likely go to FN for supplies, manufacturing and distribution. Colt would likely get royalties on the M4 patent, which would then mostly go towards paying off their debt.

So FN gets to stay productive for the U.S. military (because ain't nobody buying their SCAR 'till the cost comes down) and becomes the new golden child for milspec guns, while Colt gets to stay alive until the creditors squeeze every drop of blood that they can.

It'd be pretty cool if the tribe that made an offer actually got to own them, once everything is finished. Maybe then Colt will go back to making quality revolvers.

Everyone will ignore you to hate on Colt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:45:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So how much of the contract goes to Colt and how much to FN?

View Quote
Well since we have so many potential whistleblowers with proof of wrongdoing posting here they can tie the Colt award up for years by alleging a fraudulent bid and award process.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#26]
It seems like a lot of people buy Colts.

How did they get into such financial delinquency?  

Anyone clue me in?  Just incompetence?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:18:47 AM EDT
[#27]
You're welcome, Colt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Early prediction: they'll be bankrupt again by 2021...
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:32:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Good news but it would be icing on the cake if their current management/owners were changed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:35:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You would be a serious minority in the gun buying market. We had the limited run Anaconda, the custom shop Python, and we always had a Single Action Army in stock. They gathered dust. It says a lot about Colt management that they could be bankrupt after Obama and Newtown.

My favorite was the custom shop Anaconda we got with no rifling. The gun was dirty. They proofed it.

If they could make a stainless Detective Special with a stainless lockwork, and make it competitive with the Model 60, that would sell. Most likely they would make it sell for at least $1,000.00 and convince themselves that people will pay that much because it says Colt on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Be prepared to pay "Les Baer money" for it.

I'm okay with that.

Me too.  
Why don't they get it?
We would buy that shit

You would be a serious minority in the gun buying market. We had the limited run Anaconda, the custom shop Python, and we always had a Single Action Army in stock. They gathered dust. It says a lot about Colt management that they could be bankrupt after Obama and Newtown.

My favorite was the custom shop Anaconda we got with no rifling. The gun was dirty. They proofed it.

If they could make a stainless Detective Special with a stainless lockwork, and make it competitive with the Model 60, that would sell. Most likely they would make it sell for at least $1,000.00 and convince themselves that people will pay that much because it says Colt on it.

Yeah, it says that Colt is actually owned by a bunch of hedge fund types who've been pilfering all the cash they can off the company rather than, you know, running a business.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh boy, pretty sure I called this in the first thread full of colt haters.

Colt is pretty much Ford.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
so is that like 2-3000 rifles?
View Quote

Ha!  Good one.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#33]
this is pathetic GD can't be happy with a damn thing just bitch bitch bitch.

I am ecstatic the contract did not go to H&K a tleast FNH & colt sell & make firearms for the civilian market.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Cheek weld?

He ain't got time for that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#35]
The upside is Colt will be around when I can afford one.

Thing is, they have GOT to figure out great new products and how to sell them to people.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I predict all of the little things they have been doing lately to pretend like they care about the civilian market will go away. The OEM guns, complete uppers, etc. Colt no longer has time for all of that, nor do they care.

There will be zero innovation until 2020.

I agree with the above statements about bringing back the revolvers, but I could honestly not care less about Colt rifles. There is nothing special about them and today there are better options with higher fit and finish quality and much better customer service.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Jesus isn't the only savior
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Can I go back to being a Colt fanboy now?
View Quote

I thought we hated Colt.  We like Colt now?  I'm confused.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I guess it wouldn't hurt your pride for the white house to fly American flags made in China then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't need to be an American company.

The world has changed. like it or not.

And besides, if a man (or company) can't stand on their own two feet...I would prefer if they went away.

We have too many useless eaters in this world as it is.

I guess it wouldn't hurt your pride for the white house to fly American flags made in China then?

The Pretender-in-Chief doesn't even have flags in the room when he has a press conference.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Just going to prolong the misery at colt. Not nearly enough to put them in the black.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Oh boy, pretty sure I called this in the first thread full of colt haters.

Colt is pretty much Ford Chevy.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
this is pathetic GD can't be happy with a damn thing just bitch bitch bitch.

I am ecstatic the contract did not go to H&K a tleast FNH & colt sell & make firearms for the civilian market.
View Quote

Until Colt is owned and run by people that give a fuck about making guns that the public wants (as well as mil), and runs the company in a non-retarded manner, it isn't going to make a bit of difference. They have a fucking history of going bankrupt. They have this history for a reason. They have been mismanaged for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why didn't PSA bid or did they?
View Quote

Cause PSA's shit is made by FN.  Why stick a middle man in there?  Besides, PSA couldn't get the shipment in the mail by 2020.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Cheek weld?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Syrians like Colts.  

Cheek weld?

Hard to get a good cheek weld while smoking a Marlboro.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is very little.

Colt is not getting all of that money, which is the point of the post.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
so is that like 2-3000 rifles?
View Quote

Nope. They're buying them at Walmart for 600 each.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Kicking the can down the road.

Expect more of the same and zero innovation.

Then it'll be OMG OMG BANKRUPTCY!1!1!1 again in a few years.

I stopped caring.
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

If you have to ask, then you can't afford it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Now the union can demand higher everything and threaten the company with a strike.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top