Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/21/2015 11:10:04 PM EDT
This is the coolest looking coin I've got in my collection, NOT the 'coolest' as in from whom or where, but, I dig it.

Post yours...

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll show you mines  when I place it on a bar  and we can both buy each other beers when you whip yours  out.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a picture but my coolest challenge coin is from my uncle. He was a Huey pilot and a Medal of Honor recipient so he has his owns coins
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got an ARFCOM 2014 coin....

So I got nothing really.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Friend of mine had a Brother in Law killed in combat.  His mother in law has a Gold Star challenge coin that pretty much puts every other coin to shame when they pull them out to compare (similar to your point in this thread) at the VFW.  She had to loose a Son for a coin to have some significance and it really puts things into perspective when she shares it in those situations.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So I got nothing really.
View Quote
There is a such a thing?

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't have a picture but my coolest challenge coin is from my uncle. He was a Huey pilot and a Medal of Honor recipient so he has his owns coins
View Quote

Who's your uncle?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Friend of mine had a Brother in Law killed in combat.  His mother in law has a Gold Star challenge coin that pretty much puts every other coin to shame when they pull them out to compare (similar to your point in this thread) at the VFW.  She had to loose a Son for a coin to have some significance and it really puts things into perspective when she shares it in those situations.
View Quote
I don't think I would 'pull that coin out' and slam it onto a bar and generally toss it around for everyone to check out and gawk at.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So I got nothing really.
View Quote

Me, too, which brings out my question, anyone got some older ARFCOM coins available? I've wanted earlier ones too, but alas...too lazy..
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]

I never was a coin seeker, but I'd seek those.  Cool OP.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
my most special one is the one my 1st sgt gave me after completing 2 "Manchu Mile" road marches when I was stationed in Korea...Unfortunately it was lost after Hurricane Katrina when some scum fuck looted my apartment . I found another on ebay but it's just not the same
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#11]
These are my coolest coins.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

my most special one is the one my 1st sgt gave me after completing 2 "Manchu Mile" road marches when I was stationed in Korea...Unfortunately it was lost after Hurricane Katrina when some scum fuck looted my apartment . I found another on ebay but it's just not the same
View Quote

buy it on ebay, you earned 'that' coin bro
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

These are my coolest coins.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=72955
View Quote
those have cool colors

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Me, too, which brings out my question, anyone got some older ARFCOM coins available? I've wanted earlier ones too, but alas...too lazy..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I got nothing really.

#028 of 600.

My favorite coin is for the Seoul Pub in Itaewon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I managed to find one on ebay...but it's just not the same..different ... feel I guess...hard to explain really
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who's your uncle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's your uncle?

Not too many Huey pilots are MOH recipients. There's a fair chance I met him a couple years ago in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Can someone explain what challenge coins are?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The military equivalent of a pat on the head... or kick in the teeth.  Depends on the circumstances.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The military equivalent of a pat on the head... or kick in the teeth.  Depends on the circumstances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And people actually carry these around? to show off in bars?  Not trying to sound antagonistic, just don't know anything about them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the best looking one I got.  My dad went through basic at Fort Knox during Vietnam.  I went through basic at Fort Knox in the 90s.  Was in a armor unit in the NG. I got this coin the day I was commissioned active duty FA.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't think I would 'pull that coin out' and slam it onto a bar and generally toss it around for everyone to check out and gawk at.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not exactly in the manner you describe, a lot more personal and private individual interactions vs the drunken slamming on the bar.  She talks to the Veterans and it helps both them and her in some private moments.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And people actually carry these around? to show off in bars?  Not trying to sound antagonistic, just don't know anything about them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes...and they can mean quite a bit to the person carrying... Challenge Coins
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There is a such a thing?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I got nothing really.
There is a such a thing?  

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

#028 of 600.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I got nothing really.

#028 of 600.

How do I found out what number my ARFCOM coin is?

It's not printed anywhere on the coin, I'm guessing it was on the plastic case it came in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I know it as  guys are at a bar the one that can't provide his coin by placing it on the bar pays the beers.    most places I know if a man places his coin on a bar someone going to pay his beer for the thanks of they're service  
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

This is"the coolest looking coin I've got in my collection, NOT the 'coolest' as in from whom or where, but, I dig it.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b556/Daniel_Sanchez-Najera/65ff98f1-d5d0-436a-910c-66c71e8d8aed_zpsfl8d546t.jpg?t=1424487821
Post yours...

View Quote
Ahh....the good ole "Afloat Terrorist Group."

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I need better knee pads.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Back in the old school Army we had to walk ten miles in the snow every day just to get to morning formation and we didn't get any of those dang nab challenge coins things like the kids nowadays get.   All we got was ham and lima beans in our C rations.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#32]
ATF agent gave me one when I was a prosecutor. Helped him with an investigation involving a bunch of stolen guns from out of state.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

We just did this a couple of weeks ago and it's quite a few pages...

Also, Navy coin? It's not really a coin if it isn't from an army unit or person.

Here's where you duped from

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1712949_Airborne_Challenge_coin.html&light=challenge%7Ccoin

Actually its this one, either way, it's done too much

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1712960_Lets_see_your_challenge_coins.html
View Quote
Shit, I should of reached out to you for your approval first. Topics are never duplicated here. lol

My bad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#37]

nice collection

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you are out with mil buds, you slap them on bar..last one on bar buys
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

meh

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

meh

http://terminallance.com/media/comics/2010-04-06-Strip_27_Challenge_Coins_web.jpg

There is truth in that cartoon and it is not limited to the infantry club.

Here is the deal, no one I know would walk into a place and slam a stupid challenge coin on a bar top.

Process that for a second.

Perhaps, while on travel, or overseas, someone in OUR crowd, meaning our unit or contractor support folks, could pull a coin out and everyone present says, 'aw sh*t' and we laugh. Drinks are bought, we check out a few coins and drink some more.

If a random dude walked into a bar and interrupted my buddy and I having a beer in the manner of that cartoon, we'd have the same 'oh brother' reaction as depicted.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#42]

It's still big in EOD.  Ive seen a $1200 round bought over being the only one in a bar without a coin.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:47:37 AM EDT
[#43]
It's serialized.  Decerno Communico Exsequor.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ten guys out of our unit took a dive class from a retired leather-skinned snake-eater at Ft. Lewis.  We were all on the bottom of the pool with nothing on but a speedo and tanks when our instructor tossed his coin out on the bottom of the pool.  We all looked just looked at each other like we might as well be saying, "I like turtles" .....  When we got out of the pool he said he liked Corona's....never asked him where he had his coin and from that day I've never left home without it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It's still big in EOD.  Ive seen a $1200 round bought over being the only one in a bar without a coin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's a little over the top, it's happened in mixed company, officer/snco and one of the officers without a coin would roger up to buying a round; but not at the $1200 level, perhaps two or three hundred.

I've done the dog and pony show too many times.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

#028 of 600.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I got nothing really.

#028 of 600.

I like the Seoul Pub
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:59:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#48]
I like this one

these are the ones i can find without waking up the wife.....guess which branch of service I was in.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#49]
nice
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:41:39 AM EDT
[#50]
F-22 Program Executive Officer.

It's real silver. Although, I don't know to what extent.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top