Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Trying to take down a race car driver at 11:43 is just flat out awesome!!!

I see why he felt so confident with a slim 18 year old.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, some of you people are gonna' just love this one.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQXEZrEL9U

Trying to take down a race car driver at 11:43 is just flat out awesome!!!

I see why he felt so confident with a slim 18 year old.

Thats wild he goes straight up behind the guy in an attempt to take him to the ground and no punches or anything have been thrown yet. Didn't even try to separate them, Just straight up sneak attack and tries to rip him to the ground. What an arrogant ass, no wonder he acts the way he does.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thats wild he goes straight up behind the guy in an attempt to take him to the ground and no punches or anything have been thrown yet. Didn't even try to separate them, Just straight up sneak attack and tries to rip him to the ground. What an arrogant ass, no wonder he acts the way he does.
View Quote

I was waiting for the moment the driver decided to head-butt him.
But it never came.
The other driver was the one trying to instigate a fight, but the security or cop who confronted him was trying to deescalate him, not fight him like our hero was trying to do to the helmeted driver.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
These are just the ones we get to see with cameras. How many get brushed under the rug without cameras. Even one a year is too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With millions (probably billions) of contacts, these events are isolated.
These are just the ones we get to see with cameras. How many get brushed under the rug without cameras. Even one a year is too much.

Perfection is unattainable and unrealistic.

Just say you don’t want police. It’s the only way to have zero incidents like this.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With those numbers it seems like it would be easy for them to police their own.  Maybe if a dude is a piece of shit, they should handle it, even if it's ski masks and ball bats instead of just defending him. They might gain some respect then.   In other industries people don't defend the shitbags that make everyone look bad.
View Quote

I’m sure someone in your profession has probably done something fucked up before. Hell maybe even someone you work with.

Why didn’t you do something to stop it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No. Like I said, mistakes happen. This was not a mistake.  

I’m a financial advisor for a living. This is the equivalent of me purposefully defrauding a client, which I would never do.
View Quote

I’m sure financial advisors sometimes defraud their clients. There are shitbirds in every profession.

GD prefers zero tolerance so using that logic financial advisors shouldn’t exist because some of them are criminals.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#6]
So, does he get barred from working in LE ever again?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone  will hire him.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like how he yelled at the old guy that was just trying to leave.
View Quote

The scene was dynamic, ever evolving and extremely high stress
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Didn't watch the whole thing, but if they're talking about him removing her from the car, that wasn't a slam
View Quote

Yes it was.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like how he yelled at the old guy that was just trying to leave.
View Quote

I'd have stopped dead in my tracks and pulled my phone out so fast I'd have a legit injury to sue over even if he didn't touch me. [and you KNOW he would have]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't watch the whole thing, but if they're talking about him removing her from the car, that wasn't a slam

Yes it was.

No it wasn’t. He dragged her out and threw her on the ground. An apple is not an orange.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No it wasn’t. He dragged her out and threw her on the ground. An apple is not an orange.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it was.

He even claimed he did, he'd lose that case in court simply based on what he told the other responding officer. There is no better witness against you then yourself.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Most cops are terrified of real criminals.  So this is what they do to feel big.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Most cops are terrified of real criminals.  So this is what they do to feel big.
View Quote

And again, everyone fucking closed ranks around him until the light of publicity.  So his "buddy" was okay with what he did, everyone in his chain of command up through the city council.  May they all rot in hell.  They are ALL the bad apples.  One bad apple spoils the barrel.  It's not just "one bad apple."

This is why people don't trust government.  They protect the assholes.  Yet another example of shitheads in government "service" being protected until they absolutely couldn't.

Never trust government, that includes everyone in government.  Make them prove themselves.  Trust is earned, not given.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

“I slammed her to the ground”.

So you’re calling the cop a liar??
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Someone  will hire him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone  will hire him.

Someone will absolutely hire his evil ass.  Maybe even that same town after the city council forgets their 180 after public scrutiny.

Re-hired with back pay, and a little extra to compensate him for the trauma he endured.  Because for months they stood by him.  Said he was reasonable.  Means they are culpable in his actions.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’m sure financial advisors sometimes defraud their clients. There are shitbirds in every profession.

GD prefers zero tolerance so using that logic financial advisors shouldn’t exist because some of them are criminals.
View Quote

There's a big difference between a financial advisor and a agent of the local, state, fed. Gov.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really hope someone calls the city council out with their contradictory statements from before/after public scrutiny.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like the editing of the video removing over 30 seconds. What did we miss in that time frame?

Not defending this guy, but I like to see all the video and not someone's highlights.
View Quote

Yet you will take a cops word about an arrest after they made all the witnesses delete their cell phone videos.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was agreeing with what you said, while making fun of anybody who might claim to not know John Bryan was a member here, without singling any particular person out for the making fun part.
View Quote

Who's John Bryan?

Serious question.

ETA: Nevermind. Got it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just say you don’t want police. It’s the only way to have zero incidents like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did the department, not the officers on scene, handle this correctly?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The lawyer sounds like a real slime ball. His assertion that if you don’t agree with his point of view representing his client, you are the problem tells you a lot about the guy.

There a lot of unsupported assumptions the lawyer made in his assertions of the facts at hand.

Now that I said that, I too don’t know exactly what happened with the evidence that was brought forward in the video so we are in a he said, she said situation.

Personally, I would have not pulled her out of the car at the point he did and would have given a her a little more time to produce her documents. Please note that I am not a law enforcement officer and I have never have been one. I do however have a lot of experience dealing with teen age shit heads.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Small department Chief to job candidate:

What made you decide to become a cop?

I like slamming people to the ground.

And why did your last two departments fire you at the 90 day mark?

They said it was because I like slamming people to the ground, but that can't be it.

Have you tried not slamming people to the ground?

You sound like that douchebag deescalation trainer the idiots at Monrovia PD sent me to in May.

We here in South Whitless are in desperate need of men with your skills, can you start immediately?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Who's John Bryan?

Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was agreeing with what you said, while making fun of anybody who might claim to not know John Bryan was a member here, without singling any particular person out for the making fun part.

Who's John Bryan?

Serious question.

He's kind of a big deal in Indiana.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Guy shouldn’t be a cop. Has anyone checked on his wife?
View Quote

The fucking pussy probably has a husband.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We just want the cops to not close ranks to defend each other.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm sure someone in your profession has probably done something fucked up before. Hell maybe even someone you work with.

Why didn't you do something to stop it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With those numbers it seems like it would be easy for them to police their own.  Maybe if a dude is a piece of shit, they should handle it, even if it's ski masks and ball bats instead of just defending him. They might gain some respect then.   In other industries people don't defend the shitbags that make everyone look bad.

I'm sure someone in your profession has probably done something fucked up before. Hell maybe even someone you work with.

Why didn't you do something to stop it?
I have seen't it, and when I see it I do something about it. To the point of serious discipline and even firing.

I've never tried to defend someone's unethical or illegal behavior just because they share a profession with me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Who's John Bryan?

Serious question.
View Quote

Skip to 1:54

Charges dropped against high school student in controversial South Whitley traffic stop, arrestin...

Last Tuesday's report from the same station:

Remember that council action was brought about by concerns over the father's internet video postings, which pointed out the proven fact that Schimmel lied to his fellow officer about the girl refusing to roll down her window before he illegally opened her car door. I haven't read/heard Schimmel's sworn statements about the arrest, but I'd wager money that he committed criminal perjury and the council knew or should have known it by last Tuesday.

South Whitley traffic stop “flawed but not worthy of dismissal”, town council says
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I’m sure someone in your profession has probably done something fucked up before. Hell maybe even someone you work with.

Why didn’t you do something to stop it?
View Quote

I kick people out all the time.  Helped put a few in jail too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
These are the type of incidents that should make the victim a rich person, at the expense of the police pension system.

Let the police weed out the bad apples themselves once they realize they can’t retire anymore and will have to work until they are in a nursing home.
View Quote

I am in favor of something like this.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Many here are either just clueless or intentionally ignore the fact that what upsets people the most isn’t the misconduct itself, but the circling of wagons that inevitably happens no matter how egregious the incident.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yet you will take a cops word about an arrest after they made all the witnesses delete their cell phone videos.
View Quote

Never seen that happen. And anyone with half a brain knows that there is no such thing as a deleted video. Data recovery is easy

Much easier not to screw stuff up from the beginning. Did a calculation for some new officers regarding how much they will make in their career and then in retirement. Monetary loss for wrongdoing or covering up should be in their mind at all times, right behind their morals and trying to do what is right.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guy shouldn’t be a cop. Has anyone checked on his wife?

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And again, everyone fucking closed ranks around him until the light of publicity.  So his "buddy" was okay with what he did, everyone in his chain of command up through the city council.  May they all rot in hell.  They are ALL the bad apples.  One bad apple spoils the barrel.  It's not just "one bad apple."

This is why people don't trust government.  They protect the assholes.  Yet another example of shitheads in government "service" being protected until they absolutely couldn't.

Never trust government, that includes everyone in government.  Make them prove themselves.  Trust is earned, not given.
View Quote

1- The other officer wasn't there. He tried to talk him out of the arrest and still didn't know the whole picture of what happened. As far as he knew, it could have been 100% righteous and even he realized the offender would probably be best served by not being arrested. You can't expect someone to show up late to a scene and not have all the information to know everything that occurred. We aren't allowed to share someone else's bodycam videos either, since it may alter what and why a person took an action since they were not there for it. Not 100% defending the other guy, but just some thoughts before you hold him down as the bus drives over.

As for the rest of the stuff, the agency "should" have gone out there and retrieved any outside video. Did they? I don't know. They could have trusted the cop and it bit them, like it should. A good investigation will include looking for outside evidence ESPECIALLY in a case like this where the video does not contain the entire encounter. They were either supportive of his actions, lacked the competency to handle these types of investigation, or a little bit of both.

Did they have all the video like her dad gathered?

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Never seen that happen. And anyone with half a brain knows that there is no such thing as a deleted video. Data recovery is easy

Much easier not to screw stuff up from the beginning. Did a calculation for some new officers regarding how much they will make in their career and then in retirement. Monetary loss for wrongdoing or covering up should be in their mind at all times, right behind their morals and trying to do what is right.
View Quote

In regards to the guy that got the shit beat out of him by under cover FBI and undercover PD, witnesses were told to delete all video.

@1:45
Dash cam video of James King arrest
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Someone  will hire him.
View Quote

Wouldn't surprise me any. They don't call them gypsy cops for nothing. We have one locally that tried to plant evidence on a 1st amendment auditor ON VIDEO, and he moved to another, smaller town just south of where I live.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In regards to the guy that got the shit beat out of him by under cover FBI and undercover PD, witnesses were told to delete all video.

@1:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2c8S1QTyp8
View Quote

Told and made are 2 different things. Either way, the request is stupid and can't be enforced. Cops shouldn't be saying it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's John Bryan?

Serious question.

Ha!

I don't remember having ever heard your name before, bro.

Keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think he is done as an actual police officer with arrest powers. This is 2 public incidents already.  He could get a job in corrections, someone else mentioned TSA. I’m betting something like car salesmen or contractor.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I love how the main counterargument seems to be here (not necessarily here, but everywhere that I've seen) "he's biased, he's biased!" Lol, yeah, well the name of the YouTube channel is "The Civil Rights Lawyer," meaning it's about the defense of civil rights within the available means via the judiciary. Defense against whom?? Walmart? Only the government, generally via LEO, can violate ones civil rights. Of course I'm biased you fucking dolt. It's not Fox News, it's a lawyer who sues cops/government for a living and makes videos about it. Nowhere have I claimed I'm not biased. I do not represent the government, nor advocate for the government, or its officials/employees. Exactly the opposite.

I think the word they're looking for is "fair." I don't purposefully edit videos to remove things that are exculpable to one side or the other. I work with the facts I'm given, but I advocate for the side I want to advocate for. As a lawyer, you don't get to make up your own facts - you work within them.

I go through a lot of these videos and post about 2 to 3 per week. So I've seen a bunch of them. What should cops avoid to avoid the public getting upset at them? It's all about the "he deserved it defense." It's real, both in the court of public opinion and the real courtroom. Why the outrage here? This girl didn't deserve this. She could be any of our daughters. Contrast that with the dude driving around in the white car w/ the ski mask who shot at the cops. Or the pedo who pulled the gun on the cops at the hotel sting a couple of days ago. That's what matters to people.

I think that's probably what the other cop here meant, or was trying to say to this tone-deaf cop who just took down a high school girl. This is a good family; people are gonna care about this, so you better be able to make the case that she deserved it. It really is that simple, even though I wish it wasn't. If you're gonna violate constitutional rights, you better not to do it to somebody the public will see as undeserving and sympathetic.

If the best defense to this body cam footage is to attack the messenger, that's a pretty weak defense. I left out nothing substantive. The only thing missing is the missing body cam footage from the initial conversation. And whose fault is that that it's missing? In court, we can generally get a jury instruction informing the jury that they can assume a negative inference where a LEO spoilated footage.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I know Brian Schimmel, he definitely shouldn’t have ever been a cop.  He’s been unhinged most of his adult life.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Yet another lying power-tripping asshole caught on tape.

Hopefully the citizens get fucked long and hard for that cop's behavior.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I know Brian Schimmel, he definitely shouldn’t have ever been a cop.  He’s been unhinged most of his adult life.
View Quote

Know, as in still acquainted with him?

Do you know when he became a certified LEO, and how many departments he's worked for?

Is six months in one department (October 2023-April 2024) a personal best?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Skip to 1:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka5HHXSjQNA

Last Tuesday's report from the same station:

Remember that council action was brought about by concerns over the father's internet video postings, which pointed out the proven fact that Schimmel lied to his fellow officer about the girl refusing to roll down her window before he illegally opened her car door. I haven't read/heard Schimmel's sworn statements about the arrest, but I'd wager money that he committed criminal perjury and the council knew or should have known it by last Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeX6PdFBEBI
View Quote

Not worthy of dismissal = if we dismiss him for this we admit guilt and pad the enemy's lawsuit?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The emotional officer getting upset and yelling at the bystander is telling.
View Quote

To those bad cops there are two people in the world, those in uniform and subjects/bodies.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I find it really weird that OP always posts videos of LawyerUp.

What’s the deal OP, you have a man crush or what?  Please answer this time, I have asked you before why you do this.
View Quote

You're coming across as a stalker and that's never a good look.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do you know when he became a certified LEO, and how many departments he's worked for?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t speak to him, mostly through friends and acquaintances. I can ask around though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

As for the rest of the stuff, the agency "should" have gone out there and retrieved any outside video. Did they? I don't know. They could have trusted the cop and it bit them, like it should. A good investigation will include looking for outside evidence ESPECIALLY in a case like this where the video does not contain the entire encounter. They were either supportive of his actions, lacked the competency to handle these types of investigation, or a little bit of both.

View Quote

Is it really an investigation if they didn't gather all of this information and instead just read the report that was written by the accused?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it really an investigation if they didn't gather all of this information and instead just read the report that was written by the accused?
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top