Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:do you really think if she got out immediately when he said, he would have thrown her to the ground ?
View Quote

You didn't watch the videos at all?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I see a lot of LE hating idiots and leftist shills in this thread.  Leftists (and authority hating right wingers?) who don't realize that without cops we would have even more chaos than the regressive progressives are fomenting now.  Is that the goal?  Chaos?  Support LE because they are the only ones between us and those who would go batshit crazy on everyone if we had no law enforcement.  Bad ones on on duty and have to go for sure but good, decent ones far outnumber them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Told and made are 2 different things. Either way, the request is stupid and can't be enforced. Cops shouldn't be saying it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In regards to the guy that got the shit beat out of him by under cover FBI and undercover PD, witnesses were told to delete all video.

@1:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2c8S1QTyp8

Told and made are 2 different things. Either way, the request is stupid and can't be enforced. Cops shouldn't be saying it.

It should be illegal for them to request it. Evidence is evidence. In that case where there had been confusion and use of force there's no way it should have been allowed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The girl was a difficult offender.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I see a lot of LE hating idiots and leftist shills in this thread.  Leftists (and authority hating right wingers?) who don't realize that without cops we would have even more chaos than the regressive progressives are fomenting now.  Is that the goal?  Chaos?  Support LE because they are the only ones between us and those who would go batshit crazy on everyone if we had no law enforcement.  Bad ones on on duty and have to go for sure but good, decent ones far outnumber them.
View Quote

There was no such thing as a government army of police officers at the founding of our country. And there were only about two dozen federal crimes. I find it funny that cops send me DMs calling me a Democrat or a leftist, when they are the ones shilling for the government. For larger government, more laws, less freedom. Except the 2A of course. They are absolutists on the 2A. But the 4A, they need to know all the facts and check with the TBL first.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You find this acceptable then .  Sounds like you are against transparency and would delete evidence of wrongdoing because YOU think there are more good than bad.
     This shithead is a menace and has earned more than being fired .
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You find this acceptable then .  Sounds like you are against transparency and would delete evidence of wrongdoing because YOU think there are more good than bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's not possible to recognize this is a bad cop while simultaneously recognizing that society benefits from law enforcement? Okay.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In regards to the guy that got the shit beat out of him by under cover FBI and undercover PD, witnesses were told to delete all video.

@1:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2c8S1QTyp8

That's the fun of cops pretending that requests are lawful orders and vice versa.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's an amazing caricature of someone trying to defend the indefensible.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank gawd in the mostly peaceful summer of 2020, we were protected
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So it's not possible to recognize this is a bad cop while simultaneously recognizing that society benefits from law enforcement? Okay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except society does not benefit from bad cops like this guy and the supervision above him who initially defended him.  They harm public trust and make it easier for criminals and their supporters.

Stating that hating bad cops is the same as hating all cops reflects very poorly on that poster's character or abilities.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see it the other way around. Why the need to get butthurt about people piling on a bad cop? If there's a thread somewhere on some shitbag lawyer, do I get butthurt that people don't like lawyers, and lecture everyone on the chaos that would ensue without lawyers around ()?

It doesn't even cross my mind that I have anything in common with some bad lawyer who does something bad. And as bad as lawyers may be, we "police" our own - lawyers get suspended and disbarred every day. Doctors, and every other profession too. This does not exist with LEOs. The fact is, this is where we are with all this TBL stuff. Cops walking on eggshells thinking everyone is out to get them. The knee-jerk response is to circle the wagons. Then, and only then, if the truth gets out and the public gets pissed, then throw the cop under the bus, w/ no due process even. Just throw his ass out, lol.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Really? What an impressive disconnect from reality.

We've seen, over the decades, that no matter how egregeious an offense is, if the offender wears a uniform, he is judged at ever level by a different standard. Time and time again. there is an "internal investigation" which clears things up. Worst case, a slap on the wrist and 99.87% not even that.
Throw an 18-year face down on the asphalt and it's perfectly fine. She is the poster child for a perfect citizen. Yeah, burned out headlight. What to do, set her in boiling oil?
 Even the slowest rat can see the maze has no exit.
What an insult to my intelligence.

You as a civilian, try 10% of the shyt they do and you will be found guilty. There are multiple levels of justice and double or triple standards. Unless there is race involved. But not here, she does not fit the profile where media could milk it for its political content. The only people who endorse/protect/stay silent about the above practice are the ones who have something to benefit from it, a vested interest, or total imbeciles.
View Quote

Spot on.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every cop that defended this cop without doing an investigation is a bad cop. The whole chain at his department is bad cops.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]
The truth is, older cops know, the entire system can just as easily turn on them. It's not about personalities or membership in the club. It's about government protecting itself. It will destroy anyone, including cops. I've represented cops before, and talked to many more who have learned this the hard way. Play with fire and you may get burned one day. Putting constitutional rights first is good for everyone (except government itself).
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The slimy cowards have now taken their phones off the hook.  

WANE 15 has reached out to both the South Whitley Police Department and the South Whitley Town Council, but it appears the phones have been disconnected.

View Quote

When you fuck up so bad the entire country wants to call you can give you a piece of their mind.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I see it the other way around. Why the need to get butthurt about people piling on a bad cop? If there's a thread somewhere on some shitbag lawyer, do I get butthurt that people don't like lawyers, and lecture everyone on the chaos that would ensue without lawyers around ()?

It doesn't even cross my mind that I have anything in common with some bad lawyer who does something bad. And as bad as lawyers may be, we "police" our own - lawyers get suspended and disbarred every day. Doctors, and every other profession too. This does not exist with LEOs. The fact is, this is where we are with all this TBL stuff. Cops walking on eggshells thinking everyone is out to get them. The knee-jerk response is to circle the wagons. Then, and only then, if the truth gets out and the public gets pissed, then throw the cop under the bus, w/ no due process even. Just throw his ass out, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting him but I see nothing in his post that has any problem with piling on this bad cop. He simply recognizes that there's more than a few in this thread that are clearly lumping all law enforcement in with him. That's dumb. You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Pile on this cop all you want but this type of shit is atomically retarded:
Quoted:
FIRED!  Fucking awesome, now we only have roughly 800,000 more to get rid of.  

I hope he ends up homeless living under a bridge.

That number represents all law enforcement of all kinds in the whole nation. This is the comment of an anarchist.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I see it the other way around. Why the need to get butthurt about people piling on a bad cop? If there's a thread somewhere on some shitbag lawyer, do I get butthurt that people don't like lawyers, and lecture everyone on the chaos that would ensue without lawyers around
View Quote

You don't see it at all if you are ignoring the cop haters in this thread piling on ALL cops because one bad cop got caught on video.  You are part of the problem with LE recruitment.  I am not defending this guy but am pissed because people in here are piling on ALL cops, just like the left wingers want.  Follow the ones yanking on your leash then like a good dog.  And anyone in here stupid enough to think I defended the cop on the video: it would be a good thing if you learn to read and comprehend.  We don't need bad cops, but we sure as hell need cops.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting him but I see nothing in his post that has any problem with piling on this bad cop. He simply recognizes that there's more than a few in this thread that are clearly lumping all law enforcement in with him. That's dumb. You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Pile on this cop all you want but this type of shit is atomically retarded:

That number represents all law enforcement of all kinds in the whole nation. This is the comment of an anarchist.
View Quote

Who are the rest of the more than a few that are "clearly lumping all law enforcement in with him"
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You don't see it at all if you are ignoring the cop haters in this thread piling on ALL cops because one bad cop got caught on video.  You are part of the problem with LE recruitment.  I am not defending this guy but am pissed because people in here are piling on ALL cops, just like the left wingers want.  Follow the ones yanking on your leash then like a good dog.  And anyone in here stupid enough to think I defended the cop on the video: it would be a good thing if you learn to read and comprehend.  We don't need bad cops, but we sure as hell need cops.
View Quote

We get it.  You're "not defending" the bad cop.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Who are the rest of the more than a few that are "clearly lumping all law enforcement in with him"
View Quote

Are you kidding?  Did you even read the posts in this thread?  I see quite a few instigators in here.  Joining them in bashing all cops makes them happy.  Don't make them happy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey I got an idea. How about you start by sharing your opinion on the first example I provided before you request I provide more?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#23]
u
Quoted:

No it wasn’t. He dragged her out and threw her on the ground. An apple is not an orange.
View Quote

You're calling the arresting officer a liar?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are clear in stating so.
    If you try and scold the population for wanting transparency what does that say ?  And Name calling because people don't accept the bad cops ?

Spin it how you want.   Justifying the need for law and order isn't an excuse for allowing police abuse in the citizens eye.  
   The facts prove out who is the bad actor here.   And it's not solely the one unhinged cop.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hey I got an idea. How about you start by sharing your opinion on the first example I provided before you request I provide more?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree with his position.  Now you can go ahead.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#26]
+3 not bad.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are you kidding?  Did you even read the posts in this thread?  I see quite a few instigators in here.  Joining them in bashing all cops makes them happy.  Don't make them happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not.  I don't see "more than a few" that want all cops gone.  Which other posts do you believe express that position?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you disagree with him then you and I are in agreement and there's no need to show further examples. But if you want more than feel free to reread the thread. I'm at my kid's baseball game and it's just started. This thread will never mean as much to me as this game does. Have a good one.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#30]

It seems to really bother a portion of cops.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you disagree with him then you and I are in agreement and there's no need to show further examples. But if you want more than feel free to reread the thread. I'm at my kid's baseball game and it's just started. This thread will never mean as much to me as this game does. Have a good one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/261993/20240421_132603-3194355.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/261993/20240421_132603-3194355.jpg

I am not in agreement that "more than a few in this thread that are clearly lumping all law enforcement in with him".  If you think that I am perhaps you should get out of the sun because you're having issues.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I am not in agreement that "more than a few in this thread that are clearly lumping all law enforcement in with him".  If you think that I am perhaps you should get out of the sun because you're having issues.
View Quote

If you point out 1 bad cop you are against all cops, or so it seems.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Gave it some more flair... FAFO, am I right?

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Thin blue line punisher logo could be added
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Actually had that but it didn't look right, so I went with the all-in-one shield, blue flag and shield.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t think anyone really believes we should be without police or want to be without police.  Same as the IRS, they are at minimum perceived as a necessary evil.  What some seem to view as LE hating is the absence of LE ball gargling.  There is absolutely NO requirement to like the police or the IRS. As a function of government the founders expected the people to have a at least a healthy skepticism, and an adversarial attitude when warranted.  Ball gargling is a bonus the government enjoys and cultivates, not a requirement.

I disagree that the police are the ONLY ones that stand between society and chaos.  History has shown that when they are not around or otherwise an encumbrance to the decent people, people will step up and maintain order and defend the vulnerable.  History has shown that the police will do exactly what they are told to do.  If we are lucky they are told to do things that are lawful while respecting citizens constitutional rights.  Even recent history has shown us that we are often not lucky that the police were ordered to be lawful and respectful of rights.  

And the incident that started this thread is a prime example.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except that is not what we are getting from your side is it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facts.  There is nothing harder in actually bad docs as other docs—just for the very reason that idiots make us all look bad.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Really? What an impressive disconnect from reality.

We've seen, over the decades, that no matter how egregeious an offense is, if the offender wears a uniform, he is judged at ever level by a different standard. Time and time again. there is an "internal investigation" which clears things up. Worst case, a slap on the wrist and 99.87% not even that.
Throw an 18-year face down on the asphalt and it's perfectly fine. She is the poster child for a perfect citizen. Yeah, burned out headlight. What to do, set her in boiling oil?
 Even the slowest rat can see the maze has no exit.
What an insult to my intelligence.

You as a civilian, try 10% of the shyt they do and you will be found guilty. There are multiple levels of justice and double or triple standards. Unless there is race involved. But not here, she does not fit the profile where media could milk it for its political content. The only people who endorse/protect/stay silent about the above practice are the ones who have something to benefit from it, a vested interest, or total imbeciles.
View Quote

I want to frame this.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got it backwards.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I love how the main counterargument seems to be here (not necessarily here, but everywhere that I've seen) "he's biased, he's biased!" Lol, yeah, well the name of the YouTube channel is "The Civil Rights Lawyer," meaning it's about the defense of civil rights within the available means via the judiciary. Defense against whom?? Walmart? Only the government, generally via LEO, can violate ones civil rights. Of course I'm biased you fucking dolt. It's not Fox News, it's a lawyer who sues cops/government for a living and makes videos about it. Nowhere have I claimed I'm not biased. I do not represent the government, nor advocate for the government, or its officials/employees. Exactly the opposite.

I think the word they're looking for is "fair." I don't purposefully edit videos to remove things that are exculpable to one side or the other. I work with the facts I'm given, but I advocate for the side I want to advocate for. As a lawyer, you don't get to make up your own facts - you work within them.

I go through a lot of these videos and post about 2 to 3 per week. So I've seen a bunch of them. What should cops avoid to avoid the public getting upset at them? It's all about the "he deserved it defense." It's real, both in the court of public opinion and the real courtroom. Why the outrage here? This girl didn't deserve this. She could be any of our daughters. Contrast that with the dude driving around in the white car w/ the ski mask who shot at the cops. Or the pedo who pulled the gun on the cops at the hotel sting a couple of days ago. That's what matters to people.

I think that's probably what the other cop here meant, or was trying to say to this tone-deaf cop who just took down a high school girl. This is a good family; people are gonna care about this, so you better be able to make the case that she deserved it. It really is that simple, even though I wish it wasn't. If you're gonna violate constitutional rights, you better not to do it to somebody the public will see as undeserving and sympathetic.

If the best defense to this body cam footage is to attack the messenger, that's a pretty weak defense. I left out nothing substantive. The only thing missing is the missing body cam footage from the initial conversation. And whose fault is that that it's missing? In court, we can generally get a jury instruction informing the jury that they can assume a negative inference where a LEO spoilated footage.
View Quote

Good luck and Godspeed, sir. You're doing great work.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Good luck and Godspeed, sir. You're doing great work.
View Quote

Absolutely! I love his vids!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You got it backwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got it backwards.

He doesn't understand that if there was no pay and no power, pretty much every cop in the US would drop their issued toys and walk away. [no, I don't blame them, most jobs are like that] It's not done out of altruism but because it's an income. Past that, any other reasons can be good or bad. Some try to be the officer society expects them to be and others are in it simply because of the power it gives them and make no mistake, they have the power to absolutely rat fvck the typical person if they want to sans any other evidence to the contrary. And cell phones [and other cameras]  are proving that better then words ever could. On the good side, those same devices and cameras are making sure good officers aren't getting rat fvcked by a lying POS who claims something that never happened or has their ''own'' version that has no relation to the facts or truth.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don’t think anyone really believes we should be without police or want to be without police.  Same as the IRS, they are at minimum perceived as a necessary evil.  What some seem to view as LE hating is the absence of LE ball gargling.  There is absolutely NO requirement to like the police or the IRS. As a function of government the founders expected the people to have a at least a healthy skepticism, and an adversarial attitude when warranted.  Ball gargling is a bonus the government enjoys and cultivates, not a requirement.

I disagree that the police are the ONLY ones that stand between society and chaos.  History has shown that when they are not around or otherwise an encumbrance to the decent people, people will step up and maintain order and defend the vulnerable.  History has shown that the police will do exactly what they are told to do.  If we are lucky they are told to do things that are lawful while respecting citizens constitutional rights.  Even recent history has shown us that we are often not lucky that the police were ordered to be lawful and respectful of rights.  

And the incident that started this thread is a prime example.
View Quote

This pretty much nails where I am at also. I too see a police force as a necessary evil. Not inherently evil, but human beings being what they are, you give an individual that much authority over others and invariably some will abuse it. It has been this way since the beginning of time. We absolutely need the police. But they too often are required to enforce extremely unpopular laws, and bend to the will of politicians. I completely understand the pressures put on them, especially if they are close to retirement or otherwise invested in their careers. But what we see time after time is the system covering up or completely dismissing some really heinous behavior.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#48]
A number of people, including the father here, recommend rolling the window down minimally (enough to hear) so as to prevent the cop from falsely asserting that they smell alcohol or pot, so as to justify what would otherwise be an unlawful search of the car. And searches of the car are top on the list of reasons to pull a car over for minimal probably cause (violations that police could really care less about, like seatbelt violations for instance). I believe SCOTUS has ruled that if both front seat windows aren't opened sufficiently, then the cop can no longer legally assert there is alcohol or pot in the car by smell (not enough ventilation out the window to smell it). So not rolling down the window is meant to hinder rogue cops from setting you up.

Unfortunately, despite needing cops, and despite there being many virtuous cops, a great many power hungry ignorant fools can become cops and get to live out there power hungry fantasies on poor unsuspecting civilians. Have heard many stories, and remember, the process IS the punishment, so the final disposition of a case is not always the most relevant issue in the end.

There is much risk to the community in harboring such a rogue cop, and this leadership in this town needs to be run out of town without retirement benefits. If we could just all agree to prosecute individual rogue cops, we could all simmer down perhaps and move forward with more pressing issues. Organizations, however, are predisposed to protect the organization. Rule #1.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

How bout the new Blue shade lipstick, made by Bootlicker
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He doesn't understand that if there was no pay and no power, pretty much every cop in the US would drop their issued toys and walk away. [no, I don't blame them, most jobs are like that] It's not done out of altruism but because it's an income. Past that, any other reasons can be good or bad. Some try to be the officer society expects them to be and others are in it simply because of the power it gives them and make no mistake, they have the power to absolutely rat fvck the typical person if they want to sans any other evidence to the contrary. And cell phones [and other cameras]  are proving that better then words ever could. On the good side, those same devices and cameras are making sure good officers aren't getting rat fvcked by a lying POS who claims something that never happened or has their ''own'' version that has no relation to the facts or truth.
View Quote

Yup. I thank the Lord there's video evidence for all involved.  It's shining the light on the rats on all sides.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top