Page / 13
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
WAT
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fire the cop & prosecute him for Attempted Manslaughter or Aggravated Battery.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Negligent Discharge. I'm calling it.
View Quote

Well, he fired 3 times. That's awfully negligent

Eta: I suppose it could be a select fire variant as pointed out, that would explain the single hit to a leg. Everyone is always wondering why the cops don't shoot people in the leg though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Out them to who?
You make it sound like the higher ups don't know who the shitbirds are. Every cop I ever worked with who got fired and/or arrested was a known disaster that the admin/brass/IA refused to do anything about for years even after dozens of complaints from fellow officers.

ETA: Perfect example is Joe Trimboli's IA investigation of Michael Dowd years ago and how the brass blocked him from doing anything even through they knew Dowd was a dirty cop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys need to start outing the the known bad ones, there's no brotherhood when they keep dragging the good ones down the drain.

Out them to who?
You make it sound like the higher ups don't know who the shitbirds are. Every cop I ever worked with who got fired and/or arrested was a known disaster that the admin/brass/IA refused to do anything about for years even after dozens of complaints from fellow officers.

ETA: Perfect example is Joe Trimboli's IA investigation of Michael Dowd years ago and how the brass blocked him from doing anything even through they knew Dowd was a dirty cop.

You honestly couldn't repeat this enough.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I want full unedited video without bullshit, local news assclowns trying to set the scene.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the department issued select fire rifles?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
no intent
View Quote

How does one pull the trigger on a loaded gun without intent to do something?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
call me suspicious....but why does the video cut out while the guy is compliant, and then cut back after he is shot?
View Quote

because they arent going to show bullet impacts in general TV Einstein. This isnt live leak.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no intent

It happens all the time, unfortunately.  It's one definition of a negligent discharge.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

with a report of a suicidal guy with a gun, yes there is reason to have your gun out.
no, no one should have been shot in the video before or after the video was cut out.
of course no one was shot in those parts of the video
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The video of the shooting itself is likely missing because it is graphic.

I don't see anything in that situation that would really warrant having guns drawn, much less firing.

Other LEOs in other cities will probably pay in blood for that dipshit decision.

and you don't think the guy taking it with his cell phone wouldn't have posted it straight to youtube?

I can think of all kinds of different thought processes that would lead to different ways of sharing the video.

What I can't think of is why anyone would look at that situation and decide they need to have guns drawn and booger hook on the bang switch.

with a report of a suicidal guy with a gun, yes there is reason to have your gun out.
no, no one should have been shot in the video before or after the video was cut out.
of course no one was shot in those parts of the video

An uncorroborated report justifies nothing. When you a MWG call and find no MWG, you have an uncorroborated report.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have heard it was an accidental discharge.

Either way it is going to be fodder for the left and the BLM.
View Quote

The gun sure as shit wasn't accidentally aimed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

"I don't know"?

Well I do know why that asshole should be flipping burgers instead of protecting and serving in the immediate future.
View Quote

Yep...

And firing through your cruiser's roof 2x while trying to get an AR out? Check your fucking finger...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Heh, if a civilian does an accidental discharge and shoots a stranger... I doubt the law would be ok with a "sorry"
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no intent

Ask FBI Director James Comey...

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Heh, if a civilian does an accidental discharge and shoots a stranger... I doubt the law would be ok with a "sorry"
View Quote

Actually, that happens all the time. Father killed his son recently. No charges.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Actually, that happens all the time. Father killed his son recently. No charges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I don't think that standard should apply to officers though, their standards should be higher. An AD is okay, but a ND is grounds for firing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The critical difference being in one case the gun was intentionally pointed at someone.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fire the cop & prosecute him for Attempted Manslaughter or Aggravated Battery.

Florida Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases
6.6 ATTEMPTED MANSLAUGHTER BY ACT
§§ 782.07 and 777.04, Fla. Stat.

To prove the crime of Attempted Manslaughter by Act, the State must prove the following element beyond a reasonable doubt:

(Defendant) intentionally committed an act [or procured the commission of an act], which would have resulted in the death of (victim) except that someone prevented (defendant) from killing (victim) or [he] [she] failed to do so.

However, the defendant cannot be guilty of Attempted Manslaughter by Act by committing a merely negligent act.
      Each of us has a duty to act reasonably and use ordinary care toward others. If there is a violation of that duty, without any conscious intention to harm, that violation is negligence.

It is not an attempt to commit manslaughter if the defendant abandoned the attempt to commit the offense or otherwise prevented its commission under circumstances indicating a complete and voluntary renunciation of [his] [her] criminal purpose.

Give only if procurement is alleged and proven.
       To “procure” means to persuade, induce, prevail upon, or cause a person to do something.

In order to convict of Attempted Manslaughter by Act it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had an intent to cause death, only an intent to commit an act which would have caused death and was not justifiable or excusable attempted homicide, as I have previously explained those terms.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Poe's law?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ephesians 6:12

A lot of you aren't ready or receptive to this message, but here goes:

What do you think causes the rulers and agents of our government to act in this way?

Our government has legalized murdering children and bondage (income tax). Who do you think its agents are really working for?

Here's a hint: not you and not God and his Son.

When you watch videos like this and wonder how police can make such poor decisions, it's because they're not making the decisions at all. There is a darker force pulling the strings.

This is the work of Satan, and we are in the last days.
Poe's law?

In the mother fucking house
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#21]
The call came in as a person with a gun.  Gun persons need shooting.  That mindset is why.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Guy comes across as seeming like a decent man, glad he was not on the receiving end of a lethal shot
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Any high fives up in here yet? Holeeefuk, what a shitshow, again.

The dag shot through the fence at kids birthday thread has some potential, as well.

It really does suck that good guys (By most accounts) seem to always be the victims in the random attacks on police that these incidents caused by assholes seem to help provoke.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The dag shot through the fence at kids birthday thread has some potential, as well.
View Quote

USAF77 is going blow a head gasket when he logs in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#25]
He got Glocked.
Police guns need traditional safeties.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The call came in as a person with a gun.  Gun persons need shooting.  That mindset is why.
View Quote

The guy next to him was waving the gun around pretty good. Great he is a caretaker, but he allowed his self to stay next to the guy with the gun.

ETA- the news showed the video and you can clearly see the gun being waved around.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"Something jumped up and bit mee Lt.Dan!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

His lawyer must be cringing when the guy says the shot was "like a mosquito bite" Although these days I suppose they are going to write you a big check to not get the community whipped up into a frenzy

"Something jumped up and bit mee Lt.Dan!"
"Your honor.  We'd like to call Forrest Gump to the stand."

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The guy next to him was waving the gun around pretty good. Great he is a caretaker, but he allowed his self to stay next to the guy with the gun.

ETA- the news showed the video and you can clearly see the gun being waved around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the video, you can clearly see that it isn't gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i can't tell if you're trolling or if you really think that the toy truck the guy was holding was a gun

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

True, I don't think that standard should apply to officers though, their standards should be higher. An AD is okay, but a ND is grounds for firing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before someone says that there is no such thing as an accidental discharge.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't tell wtf it was from the video
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#32]
So.... its not just a pistol that is not a magic wand.  This cop is going to be crucified. We need a new ROE or revised procedures for cops, or there will be more accidents portrayed as killer racists harming our poor black men.

And screw the Alice Kravet snitches. They make mistakes that get people killed.

Quoted:
He got Glocked.
View Quote
View Quote

A police gun's manual safety is the holster.

An AR's safety should be on SAFE until you are going to fire. That's why they put it in an easy place to make ready to fire.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I listened to the news lady...... they never played the audio saying it was a truck. You can hear the guy saying it in the video I found online.

My mistake
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Right here.
Here is another shooting. Cut a chunk out of the middle and you have another fully compliant suspect suddenly turning into a dead guy.  Weird shit happens, right now all we have is guy got shot and he says "hands up don't shoot"

https://youtu.be/nOkL3KNjK0Y
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where did all the "we need the full story" people go?

oh wait

Right here.
Here is another shooting. Cut a chunk out of the middle and you have another fully compliant suspect suddenly turning into a dead guy.  Weird shit happens, right now all we have is guy got shot and he says "hands up don't shoot"

https://youtu.be/nOkL3KNjK0Y

And what exactly does that video prove? No one is claiming that video can't be edited to mislead people. The video showed the guy who was shot do nothing wrong, the police did not say he did anything wrong, he explained what he was doing and there was nothing wrong, he was clearly shot, there was no mention of a weapon being found, yet people still say "I want to see more of the video. There has to be more to it." None of the parties involved said he pulled a gun, yet you find a video of a different incident where there was one as proof that the video could have been edited?  Your bias is showing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It might be like that because the guy didn't take the full power shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His lawyer must be cringing when the guy says the shot was "like a mosquito bite" Although these days I suppose they are going to write you a big check to not get the community whipped up into a frenzy

It might be like that because the guy didn't take the full power shot.

No one can take a full power shot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He got Glocked.
View Quote

How would that have helped in this scenario?  Since the clown cops finger was clearly on the trigger, even a manual safety would likely have been switched off.

There's more justification for a longer/heavier trigger pull, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Negligent Discharge. I'm calling it.
View Quote

What I'm thinking.
ETA Did not know that 3 shots were fired.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How would that have helped in this scenario? Since the clown cops finger was clearly on the trigger, even a manual safety would likely have been switched off.
View Quote

It works wonders for the NYPD.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Whelp that didn't look right.

Glad the caretaker is going to recover.

Bad shoot or ND.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How would that have helped in this scenario? Since the clown cops finger was clearly on the trigger, even a manual safety would likely have been switched off.

Yeah terrible solution. Just will breed complacency, and make more stage the trigger
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#42]
On fox news in a few...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Guy comes across as seeming like a decent man, glad he was not on the receiving end of a lethal shot

View Quote
+1

he doesn't appear to be a scumbag at all

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It happens all the time, unfortunately.  It's one definition of a negligent discharge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
no intent

Pointing it at someone changes the equation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How would that have helped in this scenario?  Since the clown cops finger was clearly on the trigger, even a manual safety would likely have been switched off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He got Glocked.

I'd say it's more of a justification to keep the fucking pistol in the holster, myself. You get a report of a "man with a gun", and roll up on an autistic guy with a toy truck...? And, you shoot the caregiver that's trying to deal with the situation?

There's something fucky with that whole idea, right there. Why were firearms even introduced into the situation, in the first place? Where was the "deadly force" justification, except in the mind of the idiot who called it in to 911? Can anyone else use the "third party tol' me..." defense, besides cops? I'm curious, because there have been a couple of times where it sounds like I should have shot someone in the past, based on what I was told by someone else, who turned out to be an idiot. Anyone else trying this defense would be laughed out of court and into the penitentiary for attempted murder, or at least, attempted negligent homicide. I'm not seeing a reason to give benefit of the doubt to a cop, who is supposedly "trained" to de-escalate and try to defuse these situations, and then if a citizen were to have intervened and made the same "mistake", they'd be sent up the river. Which is why so many people are looking at a lot of these situations and going "What the actual fuck...?".

Qualified immunity is going to go away, and when that happens, the idiots responsible are going to be the same guys here who did the shooting. If I was a police officer, I'd be looking at these dipshits in a very negative light, instead of trying to defend their actions.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Isolated incident.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Where is MiamiJBT? He could probably tell us if that agency issues select fire carbines.

Even if that's the case, for the ND theory to be true, the cop would need to have the selector on burst which is a bad move.

Maybe this is like the drunk driver that the cop shot and killed in Paradise, CA last year.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Originally Posted By tcrpe:
Isolated incident.

Who?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Isolated incident.

Who?

Usaf77 was getting allpissed off about that being posted in cop threads.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Usaf77 was getting all pissed off about that being posted in cop threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isolated incident.

Who?

Usaf77 was getting all pissed off about that being posted in cop threads.

I forgot that's one of his triggers.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top