BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you were a cyclist would you get angry if a group of vehicles were driving in front of you at half your speed or less and you could not safely pass them?
Of course you would.

Now you know how motor vehicle drivers feel.

The cyclists that ride single file close to the edge of the road are not the problem.
Rather the problem is the 3 to 5 wide group that will not ride single file to allow faster traffic to flow.
View Quote

No, I wouldn't get upset.  It's a temporary situation.

Besides, there isn't a heck of a lot that goes slower than me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't wear spandex and I ride alone.  If there's a bike lane I'm in it.  I stop at stop signs/lights and I signal my turns.  I wear a helmet and have a flashing red tail light.  And I'm scared as hell of people like OP who think it's fun to go after an old man like me because I'm riding a bike.  All the talk about hating the riders in packs who take up traffic lanes only makes it easier to hate all riders and drive accordingly.  Grow the hell up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Fags.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't wear spandex and I ride alone.  If there's a bike lane I'm in it.  I stop at stop signs/lights and I signal my turns.  I wear a helmet and have a flashing red tail light.  And I'm scared as hell of people like OP who think it's fun to go after an old man like me because I'm riding a bike.  All the talk about hating the riders in packs who take up traffic lanes only makes it easier to hate all riders and drive accordingly.  Grow the hell up.
View Quote

Truth.

I ride a road bike and wear the spandex. While cycling - 85% (real stat. Not GD stat) of effort you put in is to overcome wind resistance. Form, clothing, bike design, etc all impact this. Clothing significantly.

I’m a 39 year old Ironman with 4 kids - am I a fag?

I ride and race mount bikes and dress accordingly to the race. Normal ride - normal mtb clothes. Gravel or fast flowy track- spandex for aero gains.

Am I a fag? I jump off 10 ft cliffs many here couldn’t hike up or down without serious injury or diabetic incident.

The douche cyclists that ride in the middle AND the douche drivers who act like many in this thread should all be pushed down a hill in a flaming port-a-potty.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fags.
View Quote

Rent free. Or did you mean the LARPers wearing full kit at the range……..
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Every freaking weekend .. they are in sports bars and stadiums watching sportsball in their full gay sportsball costumes.. are they bunch of fags ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Truth.

I ride a road bike and wear the spandex. While cycling - 85% (real stat. Not GD stat) of effort you put in is to overcome wind resistance. Form, clothing, bike design, etc all impact this. Clothing significantly.

I’m a 39 year old Ironman with 4 kids - am I a fag?

I ride and race mount bikes and dress accordingly to the race. Normal ride - normal mtb clothes. Gravel or fast flowy track- spandex for aero gains.

Am I a fag? I jump off 10 ft cliffs many here couldn’t hike up or down without serious injury or diabetic incident.

The douche cyclists that ride in the middle AND the douche drivers who act like many in this thread should all be pushed down a hill in a flaming port-a-potty.
View Quote

I understand the argument about riding 2-3-4 wide on narrow roads and generally disobeying traffic signals and signs.  That kind of thing is pretty widespread.

That said, half the people bitching would have a heart attack riding around the block trying to get to Dunkin Donuts.  The physical condition of many gun enthusiasts isn’t exactly a secret

I have done the road thing, but prefer MTB myself.  Simply because I’m not sharing the road with drivers who have their faces in their phones.

Me, out at Bootleg Canyon a few years ago. Notice my right calf.  I had crashed earlier.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I understand the argument about riding 2-3-4 wide on narrow roads and generally disobeying traffic signals and signs.  That kind of thing is pretty widespread.

That said, half the people bitching would have a heart attack riding around the block trying to get to Dunkin Donuts.  The physical condition of many gun enthusiasts isn’t exactly a secret

I have done the road thing, but prefer MTB myself.  Simply because I’m not sharing the road with drivers who have their faces in their phones.

Me, out at Bootleg Canyon a few years ago. Notice my right calf.  I had crashed earlier.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_2133_jpeg-3063405.JPG
View Quote

Badass pic. Love how you can directly correlate a mtb rider’s style and tenure based on the carnage on their shin and calf.

I much prefer mtb but triathlons are a blast. The training not so much, but the actual races are such an incredible experience. You should do an Ironman branded 70.3 just for the experience.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you were a cyclist would you get angry if a group of vehicles were driving in front of you at half your speed or less and you could not safely pass them?
Of course you would.

Now you know how motor vehicle drivers feel.

The cyclists that ride single file close to the edge of the road are not the problem.
Rather the problem is the 3 to 5 wide group that will not ride single file to allow faster traffic to flow.
View Quote

The real problem is people not leaving enough room when they pass and actually going into the other lane to pass.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Badass pic. Love how you can directly correlate a mtb rider’s style and tenure based on the carnage on their shin and calf.

I much prefer mtb but triathlons are a blast. The training not so much, but the actual races are such an incredible experience. You should do an Ironman branded 70.3 just for the experience.
View Quote

Well.

I don’t know about that.  I used to crash a lot

3 years ago I bought a brand new Fuel EX carbon bike, pretty well equipped.  Rode it a few times and it’s been sitting in my garage.  Life takes over.  And we even have some nice trail systems in this area
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
We need a Cyclist Hate subforum.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No

GD hates cyclists because they are fucking douchenozzles who try to commandeer the roadway by riding 5 wide and then pitch a fit if you dare dry by or heaven forbid say something.  

Personally, I like watching the brodozers roll coal on them.  Hilarious every single time.

Fuck them.
View Quote

You are a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Spectate or participate in a crit. Even the gayest of dudes in the pack is full on testosterone raging. I don’t do crits anymore but when I did everyone was Dale Earnhardt or Swervin Ervin for 20 minutes.
View Quote

I have the scars.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, don't be such a hater.  My 10 year old still rides his bike.  I just make him stay out of traffic and dress like a normal person.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Roadies are generally assholes.

I ride DH/FR. I do not ride on tarmac. My bike goes in the truck to the top and I ragdoll to the bottom. And repeat until everything on me and the bike is broken or the sun goes down.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The spandex helps because you can get hot as hell on long rides wearing heavier clothes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey! It's a narrow 2 lane country road! Let's get all of the spandex homos out here to REALLY screw up traffic! Brilliant idea.

They do that crap here and it's a huge PITA. Go find a friggin track or maybe a road with a freaking bike lane to ride in.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How long did you stare at the spandex covered butts, OP?
View Quote

No he glared at their shaved legs and admired them from a distance. Sounds like OP had a moment of envy that could have been a little gay. I'm not judging however. Even if OP has fantasies of cyclist applying chamois buttr to their neather regions before a long ride. You know you wondered how cyclist preven chafing in the saddle after so many long hrs.

Lol, however I don't recall any of my old racing teammates or other cycling buddies being gay. Although a couple of the chicks in the various group I road with may have been batting for the other team.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey! It's a narrow 2 lane country road! Let's get all of the spandex homos out here to REALLY screw up traffic! Brilliant idea.

They do that crap here and it's a huge PITA. Go find a friggin track or maybe a road with a freaking bike lane to ride in.
View Quote

People who cry about cyclists are just as dumb as the ones clogging up your barely used 2-lane rural road.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Every freaking weekend .. they are on the streets of my neighborhood cycling in their full gay costumes.. are they bunch of fags ?
View Quote

And here we go again with the cycle haters.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#24]
My newest acquisition. A folding bike! I can put it in my car and drive to where the haters are!

Today I just went to the store. I replaced the straight bars with soma sparrows because of my wrists.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
I was like picture 1 many days but not open. On thousands of dollar worth of bike it is wise.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I used to Road cycle quite a bit. I was consumed with staying fit as it was a condition of the team I was on. M/W/F I would run and T/T and weekends I would be on my road bike.
Every Saturday i'd take off on my bike and do at least a 70 mile loop in the Napa Valley.
At first I refused to wear the spandex but you very soon find out that it's necessary. Seams in the friction areas is very uncomfortable and the brighter the colors the more visibility you have. Arrogant Bastard Ale jerseys were my favorites.
Gay? Not me but there are gay people in every facet of our lives. I personally don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
good for people staying fit, but I hate them because I dont want to hit one.  I must live in the bike capital of american 7 months out of the year.  They are everywhere, back road. hilly, curvy, no shoulder, crest a hill there they are 3 wide, truck in opposite lane. Dawn and dusk with no lights.  Millions spent on rails to trails bike paths, but ride on road right next to one. Run every red light and stop sign.  I think those blinking stobe lights should be law they catch your attention.  Ill stick to cross country skiing, hiking and distance swimming for staying in shape, I wouldnt ride a bike on the road and trust every driver to see me, its bad enough on my motorcycle.  Stay fit and stay safe.
View Quote

Snip
I hate them because I dont want to hit one.

Nailed it, they create a possibility of fn up my life.
Through no fault of mine.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Snip

View Quote

If you hit one, that’s gonna be your fault almost every time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you don't like it you can kiss my firm spandex covered butt
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#30]

This is pretty awesome!  I give credit where credit is due.

Most who claim they do it for fitness are being dishonest though.  Else they wouldn’t buy light carbon fiber bikes, etc and all of the high tech gear.  A heavier bike that is more difficult to pedal results in a better workout.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]
The road my work is on was recently redone and they added a bike path on the side of the road. We get a fair amount of cycle traffic, despite being a light industrial/commercial area, and I think that was the reasoning for adding the bike path.

Guess where the cyclists ride... (hint: it's not the nice new bike path)
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

Not when those stupid fuckers are in the road on blind corners .
Which they are all the time. I'm glad I get past them and dgaf if the next guy hits them. I'll probably laugh when some guy in a f250 mirror clips them
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Which they are all the time. I'm glad I get past them and dgaf if the next guy hits them. I'll probably laugh when some guy in a f250 mirror clips them
View Quote

Serious business.   Am I right???
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you hit a bike in the middle of the road or going around a blind corner, then you were going too fast and/or not using the proper amount of caution.

So yep, still your fault.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If you hit a bike in the middle of the road or going around a blind corner, then you were going too fast and/or not using the proper amount of caution.

So yep, still your fault.
View Quote

Are you serious?  Speed limit 45
Go around a blind corner hit a douche in the rd going 20 on a bicycle.   I'm sure you're a great rider and smart staying well to the right. But defending Cyclist is like me defending vehicle drivers. I wouldn't do that  because people are stupid.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Go around a blind corner hit a douche in the rd going 20 on a bicycle.  
View Quote

And very likely get a citation out of it at best.

Blind corner with a 45mph limit… doubt.

I'm sure you're a great rider and smart staying well to the right. But defending Cyclist is like me defending vehicle drivers. I wouldn't do that  because people are stupid.
View Quote

You don’t read too well.  

I’m not defending shit.  And I’m not a roadie either.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#37]
A bunch of whiney cunts complaining about people riding bikes !

Fat fucks
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is pretty awesome!  I give credit where credit is due.

Most who claim they do it for fitness are being dishonest though.  Else they wouldn’t buy light carbon fiber bikes, etc and all of the high tech gear.  A heavier bike that is more difficult to pedal results in a better workout.
View Quote

Your logic is undeniable
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#39]

I may have spent a few miles "stuck" behind some women like that, extremely motivating.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don’t care what other people do .. these fuckers are causing traffic jams being on the streets taking a full lane while enjoying the bike seat digging in their asses .. until they find ricardo .
View Quote

Just a little projection there OP?

Is Ricardo your middle school gym teacher or your wife's personal trainer?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#41]
meh
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Go around a blind corner hit a douche in the rd going 20 on a bicycle.   I'm sure you're a great rider and smart staying well to the right. But defending Cyclist is like me defending vehicle drivers. I wouldn't do that  because people are stupid.
View Quote

That's the same reason Amish buggies are hit all the time, the dumbasses are supposed to giddyup on the shoulder not in the middle of the road, but they do anyway.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The road my work is on was recently redone and they added a bike path on the side of the road. We get a fair amount of cycle traffic, despite being a light industrial/commercial area, and I think that was the reasoning for adding the bike path.

Guess where the cyclists ride... (hint: it's not the nice new bike path)
View Quote

Around here they complain about the 15 mph limit on the bike path, so they inconvenience everyone else so they can do 20 mph on the road
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Ehh.

I use to get annoyed with them.

No my son races XC and is really good at it. I am a mountain biker and coach for the sport  at 38 because of him.

I have met many roadies now and have respect for them. Most are pretty good dudes and girls.

Some are pricks. But that’s all hobbies.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And very likely get a citation out of it at best.

You don’t read too well.  

I’m not defending shit.  And I’m not a roadie either.
View Quote

Snip

Lmao what kind of pancake flat state do you live in?

Jfc

I'm sorry but that's  the dumbest thing I have ever read on gd

There's half a dozen blind corners like that between my house and a gas station
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Wow, that's a surprisingly nice generation. Only missing one finger, but one could argue he lost that to the 'betus.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I ride. Completed a half-century (that's 50 miles to you luddites) a week ago, and I'm in my mid-50's. What I find the funniest is riding around South Mountain here in Phoenix, where the 'serious' road bikers drive to the base of the mountain and then ride up. When we'd do that ride, it was a 7 mile ride to the start, then right up the mountain, passing those putting their fancy bikes away for the drive home.

I only break traffic laws when there is nobody around to be affected. Most of my rides are very early Sunday mornings. And a big FU to those who think it's funny to wander close to us riding at the edge of the road, or rolling coal.

But hey, it's the 'merican way to paint with a broad stroke, right? Some group block off the intersection for like 20 seconds while the pack rolls by, so by association all road bikers must be hooligans.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah, I ride. Completed a half-century (that's 50 miles to you luddites) a week ago, and I'm in my mid-50's. What I find the funniest is riding around South Mountain here in Phoenix, where the 'serious' road bikers drive to the base of the mountain and then ride up. When we'd do that ride, it was a 7 mile ride to the start, then right up the mountain, passing those putting their fancy bikes away for the drive home.

I only break traffic laws when there is nobody around to be affected. Most of my rides are very early Sunday mornings. And a big FU to those who think it's funny to wander close to us riding at the edge of the road, or rolling coal.

But hey, it's the 'merican way to paint with a broad stroke, right? Some group block off the intersection for like 20 seconds while the pack rolls by, so by association all road bikers must be hooligans.
View Quote

Congrats on the 1/2 Century.  Come up to Iowa in July and you can spend a week riding across the state, about 500+ miles if you do the Century day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Road cyclists = gay (the French, am I right?)

Mountain bikers = not gay (well... I'm sure a few non-French are gay)

Mtn bikers who dress like road cyclists = gayest... as in French-squared
View Quote

I have road and raced MTBs for 30 years. Never owned a road bike. I did train on the road on a mountain bike when trails are closed. With a MTB I could actually ride it on the shoulder and stay way out of traffic, I never slowed anyone down because I was out of the road.

Why do they need the lightest most effecient bike to become fit? Seems counter productive if fitness is your goal.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top