User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pennsylvania v. Mimms

END. OF. STORY.

If a cop tells you to get out of the car, you have to get out of the car.
View Quote
Thank you. How is there even more argument than this?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Good job.  Gotta get those fuckers with burned out license plate lights.  Next thing you know they will be running coke!  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:38:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thank you. How is there even more argument than this?
View Quote
Because feels.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If he would have told that bitch to shut up and not say a word then talked to the cop like a man there would have been no issue.
View Quote
But he didn't have a man card, so he had to play the race card.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:42:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I know exactly why these situations happen and yet I have no idea how they happen.

1)  I am an attorney
2)  Cops make horrible attorneys
3)  Nobody talks their way out of the cuffs
4)  STFU and follow instructions
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#6]
What bothered me about the whole thing was, at about 1:30, the big-mouth woman got on her phone, called someone, gave her location, and told them to come and "bring everything."  What is "everything"?  Maybe paperwork, maybe more guns, maybe more loud-mouthed women, maybe ice cream sandwiches.  I don't know.  I just found that concerning that she is calling more people to the scene.  She just needed to shut up, and the driver just needed to comply and start speaking using words, not monosyllables and shrugs.  

The whole thing probably spun out of control and it did not have to.  I also think that video has been edited.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good job.  Gotta get those fuckers with burned out license plate lights.  Next thing you know they will be running coke!  
View Quote
Hey, funny guy.  Google how they caught son of Sam, then come back and admit you don't know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#8]
So here is my CSB from my former communist homeland - I got pulled over going home at 1am in Newtown, CT after work. Cop comes up and says license, regi, insurance. I tell him i'm carrying and hand him all of that with my CCL. He says to me, don't point yours at me I won't point mine at you. Ran my shit, gave it back, and said to just change the light. I see both sides, but the driver was a dickhead, and i've never been on the cop's side of it so I can't really begin to imagine that. But derp on both sides to a certain extent.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Man, some of you guys have a real fucking problem with authority. It wouldn't surprise me if some of you can't legally own a gun or carry one, but you do it anyway. (??) I'm not sure if some of you are just young and putting on a macho tough-guy act, or you might really think and act this way with the police, or anyone of authority..... or with even just a boss!  But good fucking luck with the rest of your life!!  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:26:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No, you dont get it.  "We" aren't arguing for giving anyone anything.  I'm telling you what the law is on the side of the road.  I can also tell you there are regulations regarding the manufacture and sale of suppressors, that doesn't make me Sara Brady, or imply that "we" want anything.  

I get so sick of the posturing and fake channeling of the founding fathers.  The sneering fake rebel, everyone but me kisses the boot bullshit is staggering.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What.

The.

Fuck.

It's BEEN the law that a cop can order you out during a stop.  This was apparently a legitimate stop for license plate light.   The guy was a dick about telling the cop where the gun was, why did he do that?

This isn't about guilt or in innocence, or the cop wanting him to be guilty, it's an infraction that was incidental to this guy's problems.
yes we get it, we want to give agents of the government as much power over us as possible, so, God forbid, somebody that's perpetrating a petty crime doesn't get away.
No, you dont get it.  "We" aren't arguing for giving anyone anything.  I'm telling you what the law is on the side of the road.  I can also tell you there are regulations regarding the manufacture and sale of suppressors, that doesn't make me Sara Brady, or imply that "we" want anything.  

I get so sick of the posturing and fake channeling of the founding fathers.  The sneering fake rebel, everyone but me kisses the boot bullshit is staggering.
Careful - you're going to take that "us vs them" attitude all the way to your grave.......
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you actually read that and look at their "data"?

If so, let me laugh harder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over a broken tail light?  That's messed up.  The cop should have deduced, by virtue of the fact that the guy had a CHL, that he wasn't a criminal.

What a pussy.
Quoted:
you've got a CHL so  I know your're clean.........

but get out here n kiss my boot anyway since I bothered to stop.  Do assholes automatically get a badge or does the badge have magical asshole  conversion powers.
I saw this a few years ago, glad I could find it again.

https://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/National-Police-to-Texas-Permit-holders.png

https://crimeresearch.org/2015/02/comparing-conviction-rates-between-police-and-concealed-carry-permit-holders/
Did you actually read that and look at their "data"?

If so, let me laugh harder.
You mean the "data" compiled from news reports?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Careful - you're going to take that "us vs them" attitude all the way to your grave.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What.

The.

Fuck.

It's BEEN the law that a cop can order you out during a stop.  This was apparently a legitimate stop for license plate light.   The guy was a dick about telling the cop where the gun was, why did he do that?

This isn't about guilt or in innocence, or the cop wanting him to be guilty, it's an infraction that was incidental to this guy's problems.
yes we get it, we want to give agents of the government as much power over us as possible, so, God forbid, somebody that's perpetrating a petty crime doesn't get away.

Wow.  Talk about missing the point.  

My point was, HIS "us vs them" mentality is comtemptible, not to mention phony.  

Where do you get that i display us vs them tendancies?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:46:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I have "this one weird trick" that keeps me from getting my ass kicked by cops.

Be polite and do what the nice man with the gun and the full weight of the law says to do.

"License and registration"  Yes sir.

"Stay in the car"  Yes sir.

"Step out of the car"  Yes sir.

Holy shit I should give seminars!

ETA - After watching the first 30 seconds of that video they wanted something to happen so they could scream racism and sue.  The wife tells the cop he's licensed, the guy digs into his left pocket and refuses to just answer the cop's questions about the gun (the wife started that conversation).  Amazingly enough after a little bit of mumble, mumble, no answer then "He don't need to tell you nuthin' " the cop decides to get the guy out so he can figure out where this is going.  Good JBT'ing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Take the ticket is better than the slammer, I'll leave the 'rasslin' to the youngers
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#15]
For me this comes down to picking your battles. I guarantee you that if he was not a douche from the very beginning, gotten the fuck out of the car and stood in front of the fucking cop car, he would have been on his marry way with a warning. He chose his hill to die on, and his super cunt wife thought she was going to film the next "Philando" style shooting and cash in. Dude should eject post haste before she gets him killed. Half surprised she didn't scream "he's got a gun" when the cop walked up. Wonder if that was the ambulance chaser she keep's on retainer that she called up.  

Fuck why is this such a hard concept. You might not like it, you might hate cops but unless you love prison, it's probably a good policy just to do what they say when they say it, no matter how much dick swinging is going on.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#16]
This 'officer safety' thing needs to be DONE.

Basically 'I can treat you like a complete criminal and do anything I want under the pretense of 'officer safety (control)'

And I'm pro-policing and all that.

Me and a buddy both had our guns pulled off us for a traffic stop. Two white good ol boys from MN. And people from AZ thing their cops are sooo pro gun.... lol. It was in AZ.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:17:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Pro tip; don't be a cunt durning interactions with the police.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I live a mile from that exact spot.

I hardly see DPD around, and have never seen DCSO. It's a nice part of town.

Some people just attract the wrong kind of attention I guess.

Driver was a fucking retard, just like they are in 99% of these videos
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#19]
If they say get out, just get out.  Roll up the window and lock the door on the way out, however.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have "this one weird trick" that keeps me from getting my ass kicked by cops.

Be polite and do what the nice man with the gun and the full weight of the law says to do.

"License and registration"  Yes sir.

"Stay in the car"  Yes sir.

"Step out of the car"  Yes sir.

Holy shit I should give seminars!

ETA - After watching the first 30 seconds of that video they wanted something to happen so they could scream racism and sue.  The wife tells the cop he's licensed, the guy digs into his left pocket and refuses to just answer the cop's questions about the gun (the wife started that conversation).  Amazingly enough after a little bit of mumble, mumble, no answer then "He don't need to tell you nuthin' " the cop decides to get the guy out so he can figure out where this is going.  Good JBT'ing.
View Quote
Holy shit, this.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, it's a mandated notification state.  So he handed over his license and chl, and the cop asked, where is it?

And he refused to answer.  He was even coy about telling him he had a weapon.

So I guess when you inject that kind of passive aggressive bullshit into a custodial stop where you aren't in charge, it tends to get "hard", because that's the way you decided to play it.
View Quote
I agree with you completely.  He didn't mention the CHL, the passenger did, he didn't answer the gun question really, just nodded and didn't proffer the gun location also reaching into pocket before disclosing CHL... Didn't someone just get shot a while back over something similar?  I mean it just seemed the guy was making it hard on himself, and that passenger... geez.

I'm always a little leery of most LEO, but I'll be polite, and respectful, and try to make the stop easy on both the officer and myself, because 99% of the time when I get pulled over, I deserve it, ha.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:52:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I was driving through almost-super-rural northern Minnesota... ETA: about 0200 (2AM)

Came up to a semi truck and trailer stretched across the road with state patrol blocking the road off. A minivan had just pulled up to it before me.

Guns everywhere in my car. Short rifle case in passenger seat. S&W Bodyguard in pocket sleeve/holster on center console in view, OD drag bag stretched across back seat.

Trooper talks to minivan people a little. They start going around the truck in a small path around. Then cautiously approached me. By this time I had turned on my interior light and was keeping one hand on the top of my steering wheel, the other resting my chin on. I do this so he doesn't need to work so hard to check my hands, check my car, etc etc. That said, I have guns everywhere. Probably lucky I didn't have the AR pistol out of the case...

I give a nice 'Howdy.' He looks in, I think he sees most of the gun indicators. Tells me to follow the van to get around the truck. I give a positive "Will do" and get to it. Dude was a younger white dude. I'm 26y/o. I doubt he was even 30y/o.

Perfect interaction.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:04:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why is that guy not speaking?  And why is that harp answering for him?

I'm not a cop, but I'd get him out of the vehicle too.  
View Quote
I kinda got the impression that he wasn't going to tell the cop but the woman kept opening her mouth and he was changing his story at the last second.

Hence the pauses....

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I haven't seen it posted yet, but maybe I missed it...

"What is the guy's screen name?"
I've seen a couple of candidates here in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#25]
So she's calling other people and telling them to "bring everything with them"? Great move, lady.
Then there's the drivers refusal to comply with instructions....
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why does he need to get out of the car? "Sir, your license plate light is out. Go get it fixed."

How hard is that?
View Quote
If the driver (and obnoxious passenger) had something like "Why thank you, Officer, i never would have noticed; I'll get it fixed tomorrow", that's probably how it would have gone down.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
To watch you walk to their squad and get a chance to smell your breath...

Your honour, while the subject walked to my squad his gate was staggered and then I smelled ETOH on his breath while he was seated in my passenger seat. This gave me probable cause to perform me to a field sobriety test.

Odds are you won't talk yourself out of a ticket, but sure as hell you can talk yourself into one.. You may beat the rap, but you're not going to beat the ride...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've probably been pulled over a dozen times. Just for speeding. What sort of reasons can cops ask me to step out of the vehicle?

Of those times I probably only got 3-4 tickets. I always have license, insurance, and reg in my left hand, both hand on the wheel. Truck off, window open with the lights on.

Eta, and if I am not giving him a reason can he order me out just cause he's having a bad day?

Your honour, while the subject walked to my squad his gate was staggered and then I smelled ETOH on his breath while he was seated in my passenger seat. This gave me probable cause to perform me to a field sobriety test.

Odds are you won't talk yourself out of a ticket, but sure as hell you can talk yourself into one.. You may beat the rap, but you're not going to beat the ride...
What was the reason he suspects I was drinking?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
let's just admit it, the police in this country want everyone to be guilty until proven innocent. And if you aren't doing anything illegal, what do you have to hide?

All the shit reminds me of communist Poland. They make it seem like it won't be abused because people are inherently good, but people are actually inherently bad.

Just wait until the Liberals are in power again and they use all this bullshit against you.
View Quote
If you hate America so much...

Oh, wait, I know, American sucks...but it sucks less than everywhere else (or maybe not in your opinion).

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The level of fake bravado and nonsense here is such that one needs wings to stay above it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#30]
LOL.

In this thread (once again) we find out which ARFCOMers a) go home 5 minutes after the stop with a warning and b) get pulled out of their car/brodozer, kiss asphalt, get arrested to go with their ticket(s) and spend the night in jail.

LOL.

No matter what you think about cops, SCOTUS, the 4th amendment, buttsecks and all the other BS brought up in this thread, Citadel nailed it:  when in such a circumstance, one has two COAs:  1.  Easy, or 2.  Hard.

Take your pick.

/thread...although I know it's far from /thread 'cuz muh rights, CCW, pick up that can, will not comply (initially, but ultimately you will), etc.

1.  Easy.

2.  Hard.

Choose one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I think cops often overstep their bounds but in this case I dont see an issue with it. Officer used his discretion and he was right,  they were being uncooperative and evasive especially the driver which is cause for concern. Officer is vindicated afterwards by the fact that the dude has prior history of violence towards LE.

As has been said here ad nauseum just cooperate and be polite. If needed fight it in court.

My girlfriend and I work nights and are driving when the bars let out. Get pulled over monthly.

I'm polite to the officer they're polite to me never get any tickets and am on my way in 10 mins or less. Just hand them your CHL and ID together as a pair and keep your hands visible.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I love this place
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol some of you guys would let a cop fuck you in the butt if it was a "lawful" order.
I love this place
I'll bet you're thinking "a K9 would have altered the dynamic of that stop."
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:48:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've probably been pulled over a dozen times. Just for speeding. What sort of reasons can cops ask me to step out of the vehicle?

Of those times I probably only got 3-4 tickets. I always have license, insurance, and reg in my left hand, both hand on the wheel. Truck off, window open with the lights on.

Eta, and if I am not giving him a reason can he order me out just cause he's having a bad day?

LOL.

The shit you guys come up with.  

Some of you guys must lead miserable, paranoid lives.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Never understood why people have to be assholes to cops, but I have no sympathy for this couple.  They were looking for a confrontation from the get go.
View Quote
Let's back it up to the moments before the stop was initiated. In one vehicle, you have a family enjoying the evening and minding their own business. In the other vehicle, you have a man who wants to fuck with somebody over a broken license plate light.

Who was looking for the confrontation, again?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i try to keep spare bulbs in the truck, just sayin'
View Quote
What a pansy, pandering and cowering before The Law.

I'll bet you'd even pick up that can.

With an attitude like that, this will be communist Poland as soon as the liberals are back in power.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:59:54 AM EDT
[#36]
This is the exact type of personality and attitude by the vehicle occupants that make the job frustrating.

It is "passive resistance" that is meant to antagonize an officer.

They think by questioning, it's not refusing.  It is refusing because you're not complying with what is a lawful command.

The exaggerated slow way of getting the license out of the wallet too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Let's back it up to the moments before the stop was initiated. In one vehicle, you have a family enjoying the evening and minding their own business. In the other vehicle, you have a man who wants to fuck with somebody over a broken license plate light.

Who was looking for the confrontation, again?
View Quote
Sorry, was a law violated?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The cop should have deduced, by virtue of the fact that the guy had a CHL, that he wasn't a criminal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The cop should have deduced, by virtue of the fact that the guy had a CHL, that he wasn't a criminal.

Craig Hicks, Jiverly Antares Wong, Terrance Hough, Guillermo Zarabozo, Christopher Speight, Justin Matern, and Omar Thornton, just to name a few, had carry permits also.

Quoted:
Shot and killed by a ccw permit holder. http://officerphilipdavis.com/
Also Corporal Mike Roberts, Police Officers Kevin Ambrose, Kevin Jordan, Nickolaus Schultz, Joshua Miktarian, Stephen Mayhle, Paul Sciullo, Eric Kelly, FBI Special Agent Samuel Hicks, Deputy Joseph Matuskovic, Assistant Chief Deputy Constable Clint Greenwood, Deputies Cameron Neil Justus and William Ezra Stiltner.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
lol some of you guys would let a cop fuck you in the butt if it was a "lawful" order.
View Quote
Yes, because there is not an utterly gigantic difference between "stepping out of the vehicle when asked" and "allowing the officer to fuck you in the ass."

Those things are very similar, and comparison worthy.  Umm hmmm.

Yep, hardly any difference at all.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Goodness. His wife needs to shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#41]
in some instances, officer safety has ended up with a dead civilian, so I am with the driver. Some, I said SOME, cops can be dicks and don't need us out of the car to cite us.

didn't watch the video, don't care.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Actually it's not anymore.  There is no penalty for not informing.
View Quote
it's not what?

not required to inform?  you probably know that isnt true.  Just because there is no penalty doesnt mean it isnt in the law
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just so we're clear, one incident allows you to profile everyone and treat everyone suspiciously, but when cops do bad things it's "a small percentage/don't judge all cops by one/bad apples/etc."
View Quote
Just so we're clear, my state, for example, revoked 1,331 permits and suspended 3,474 permits for disqualifying arrests in the last year.  

Concealed weapons or firearms disposition report
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
And, if you didnt exit the car when I ordered you to and decided to roll up your window, I would damage your property and drag your ass out of it.  Nothing follows.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Step out, keep mouth shut, get ticket, go home.
View Quote
This concept is very difficult for roadside lawyers, nitwits, special people, attention whores, and sadly, some arfcom members.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Over a broken tail light?  That's messed up.  The cop should have deduced, by virtue of the fact that the guy had a CHL, that he wasn't a criminal.

What a pussy.
View Quote
Huh? Simply having a CCW or being a cop for that matter makes you right in every situation.

If an officer orders you out of vehicle, you must comply. Period. End of story.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#47]
good grief
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Craig Hicks, Jiverly Antares Wong, Terrance Hough, Guillermo Zarabozo, Christopher Speight, Justin Matern, and Omar Thornton, just to name a few, had carry permits also.

Also Corporal Mike Roberts, Police Officers Kevin Ambrose, Kevin Jordan, Nickolaus Schultz, Joshua Miktarian, Stephen Mayhle, Paul Sciullo, Eric Kelly, FBI Special Agent Samuel Hicks, Deputy Joseph Matuskovic, Assistant Chief Deputy Constable Clint Greenwood, Deputies Cameron Neil Justus and William Ezra Stiltner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Shot and killed by a ccw permit holder. http://officerphilipdavis.com/
Ouch.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#49]
FUCK YOU!

The broken light is a CRIME. A ticket is an ARREST! The ticket is a promise to APPEAR! The officer can have you get OUT of the vehicle.

Good arrest and the rest of you people spouting off about cops getting big heads etc. Eat Shit. I'm going home to my family. And if I want you to sit on the curb, case law says I can. Hell, if I WANT to, I can book you in to county jail for the fucking broke light under state law and not even give you a city ticket.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:21:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good arrest and the rest of you people spouting off about cops getting big heads etc. Eat Shit. I'm going home to my family.
View Quote
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top