User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I own page 4.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have it it from an active duty DPD officer; Friday an email went out, no Dallas PD officers are to carry the Sig 320 effective immediately. Officers were carrying these as authorized private purchase. RUMOR is they can discharge when dropped.
View Quote

Real reason is Dallas can't afford the new Sig handguns. They can't even afford to pay their officers.

I live here and have several DPD buddies.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DPD isn't making it public for now the reason
View Quote
Just like the FBI.  No reason given, no specific failures mentioned, just "nope, we don't like it, even though our training and gun guys basically wrote the spec to get it."

Glock frees up a lot of money for spiffs and kickbacks by not having a research & development department.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I might get on the 320 bandwagon after the first revision or two once the military figured out the warts.
View Quote
Sig is great at using customers as beta testers

They release way too many products way too quickly for me to want any.  

How many brand new models of rifles, pistols, scopes, red dots, electro optics, knives, slings, holsters, airguns, ammunition, clothes, magazines, 87 variants of all of the above, legion stuff, commemorative stuff, watches....

FFS they have a $1600 msrp chinese ACOG clone that weighs twice as much, is covered in rails and  weighs twice as much and has half the eye relief  

Online reviews are fucking terrible and it is hideous.  

They have a few cool things but not the kind of company i want massive govt contracts going to.  

There was zero reason to go with anything other than a glock 19/17.  Who cares if the serialized trigger module thingy can be swapped around and lost by soldiers? Glock is extremely proven, i bet there will be new "generations' of the 320 within a couple years, unless they dont want to release for fear of being obligated to replace whatever defects pop up.  Glocks were already proven with 30+ yrs of use.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Isn't that weird trigger safety thingy found on just about every striker fired trigger other than the P320 part of the drop safety?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
http://www.waltherarms.com/wp-content/uploads/pps-left.jpg
http://assets.academy.com/mgen/72/10105872.jpg
http://hkusa.s3.amazonaws.com/20160512201340/VP9-FDE-LEFT-NIGHT-SIGHTS-WEB.jpg
https://snwcdnprod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/styles/product_main/public/firearms/images/209001_01_lg_1.jpg?itok=9yoWAbdR

Does the P320 actually have a mechanism built into the trigger system to prevent the rearward movement of the trigger unless its pressed by a finger, like all of the others pictured?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not a Sig guy, but I'll go ahead and assume that IF a gun discharged when it dropped, it was modified from factory form.  Because safety plungers and firing pin blocks are for suckers.
Isn't that weird trigger safety thingy found on just about every striker fired trigger other than the P320 part of the drop safety?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
http://www.waltherarms.com/wp-content/uploads/pps-left.jpg
http://assets.academy.com/mgen/72/10105872.jpg
http://hkusa.s3.amazonaws.com/20160512201340/VP9-FDE-LEFT-NIGHT-SIGHTS-WEB.jpg
https://snwcdnprod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/styles/product_main/public/firearms/images/209001_01_lg_1.jpg?itok=9yoWAbdR

Does the P320 actually have a mechanism built into the trigger system to prevent the rearward movement of the trigger unless its pressed by a finger, like all of the others pictured?
Why even bother with a safety? Just put in safariland and draw gun when needed.  A Safety is just something that requires more training.  A glock in a safariland isnt going to discharge by itself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The melting issue?  

You mean when MAC fired 1,000 rounds through it in like 8 minutes and the frame slightly warped? That is so far outside of what any of these guns would be used for in the military, and even if it did happen its a simple fix of throwing away the frame and buying a new one for $30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First the melting issues now this. Not surprised  <not a glock fanboy>
The melting issue?  

You mean when MAC fired 1,000 rounds through it in like 8 minutes and the frame slightly warped? That is so far outside of what any of these guns would be used for in the military, and even if it did happen its a simple fix of throwing away the frame and buying a new one for $30.
How hot does it get in a vehicle in the Arabian sun?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#8]
OP is a clickbait tool.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The melting issue?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The melting issue?  

Yeager shoots 1000 rounds thru a glock 19 and the $2 guide rod melts....
SIG fanboy: ERMAHGURD piece of junk glock grenade crap

Frame warps on MAC 1000 round thru SIG...
sig fanboy: Move along nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
My bay bay Sig dindu nuffin!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Real reason is Dallas can't afford the new Sig handguns. They can't even afford to pay their officers.

I live here and have several DPD buddies.
View Quote
DPD will issue them a P226. They don't have to buy anything but shoes and underwear (unless they patrol commando).
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The melting issue?  

Im definitely biased towards glocks, but i feel muh feelz have decent standing
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I know nothing about the Sig 320, but I own Sigs. I had to send in a brand new Sig 239 barrel back to the factory because of a deep gouge on the outside of th chamber. I had to send in a complete bought new P229 because a pin on the frame broke (don't remember the name of the part off the top of my head). Then I bought my holy grail gun, a desert tan Mark 25 when the price dropped to reasonable. Got it home, and some of the rifling inside the barrel almost looked like it was intentionally reamed out. All three guns within the last two years or so.
My point is, Sig, in my experience has quality control issues. I can't help but wonder if this particular 320, or 320s, were just QC flaws.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP is a clickbait tool.
View Quote
What does that mean
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Honestly, I'm not pissed over it, or at you.  I do think your post is pretty thin on details, and even with all the other forum links, we still don't have anything definitive anywhere that says what really happened, or what the inspection of the pistol reveals.

All we have is a lot of grab-assing so far.

As for that video, a lot of good points raised in the forum where it was posted.  Nobody knows the condition of that pistol, what was done to it etc.  The fact that it was done by someone deliberately hiding their identity with a hat and sunglasses indoors in a poorly lit room doesn't exactly raise a lot of confidence in the video.  In that forum thread, others had attempted to recreate that failure to no avail, or had quoted others who had.  One thing I notice is that the trigger flops around pretty damn easily in that slow motion, and only travels rearward after the pistol fires.  I'm pretty skeptical that the pistol was compromised, and I have to think that if there was a regular issue with the firearms one of the myriad internet celebrity testers would have identified it, vs some random anonymous dude in his basement.
View Quote
I caught that in the video also, seems like it fires before the trigger moves back.  Very odd. A lot of unanswered possibilities.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didn't the Army just pick oh idk a couple pallets up themselves?
View Quote
because of the cost,I think they are testing later.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I caught that in the video also, seems like it fires before the trigger moves back.  Very odd. A lot of unanswered possibilities.
View Quote
Could somebody do their own test on their 320 for their peace of mind? Put a blank, or virgin snap cap in their gun and toss it onto something cushioned to simulate dropping?  Any other way to home test?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#18]
All of my DPD buddies have gone to their Glocks or back to their P22Xs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Fake news
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
The SIG320 is an ugly piece of shit and is easily bested by Glock, M&P, and even the VP9 which is by far sub-par by HK's standards
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I was down at the Sweet Frog getting some yogurt when I overheard a guy talking about his cousin, who lives in the next county over, who had talked about his nephew, who lives in my county, who was at church this past Sunday, when the conversation about military grade duty pistols came up. Then the guy who works on lawnmower engines said his girlfriends husband said he heard that them there Sig handguns be going bang when you drop them.....................
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What does that mean
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP is a clickbait tool.
What does that mean
It means that this thread is clickbait, and that is an attribute of a tool.  Kinda like a jerk, but less funny.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shouldn't those cops, oh I don't know, maybe NOT DROP THEIR FIREARMS?

How many times were they dropped? On purpose? Or did they have a couple dozen cops drop their pistols on duty and they all went off?
View Quote
Meanwhile, you can drop loaded Glocks out of a helicopter and not only will they  not fire on impact, but they will fire when the Operators rappel down to police them up along with their moooostaches, to engage targets.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It means that this thread is clickbait, and that is an attribute of a tool.  Kinda like a jerk, but less funny.
View Quote
What makes this thread click bait? What makes me a "tool" I'm not fluent in hip and edgy discourse.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What makes this thread click bait? What makes me a "tool" I'm not fluent in hip and edgy discourse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is a derogatory term being used by someone who is butthurt that his favorite pistol may have a serious design flaw.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Could somebody do their own test on their 320 for their peace of mind? Put a blank, or virgin snap cap in their gun and toss it onto something cushioned to simulate dropping?  Any other way to home test?
View Quote
Empty gun. Drop it. Pull the trigger
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
One of the participants in our local pistol match was telling me that he sent his 320 back to Sig after it fired when dropped. He told me this about a month ago. It came up when i asked him how he liked it.

Is this a known thing? Internet rumor?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think it is a derogatory term being used by someone who is butthurt that his favorite pistol may have a serious design flaw.
View Quote
that, or he's just a douche.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Empty gun. Drop it. Pull the trigger
View Quote
without a sound or a dented snap cap how could you tell if it malfunctioned? Serious question
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Possibly on the full size. I have aftermarket base plates on my mags might skew the results.  Have to dig around see if I can find the originals.

I have dropped the subcompact twice now. Not because of this, but due to some rigorous  training shall we say.  The subcompact did not fire.  It does have a smaller slide (and mass) than the one if the video unless I am seeing that incorrectly.  Perhaps the slide weight is a function of the ones that failed??
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There was zero reason to go with anything other than a glock 19/17.  Who cares if the serialized trigger module thingy can be swapped around and lost by soldiers? Glock is extremely proven, i bet there will be new "generations' of the 320 within a couple years, unless they dont want to release for fear of being obligated to replace whatever defects pop up.  Glocks were already proven with 30+ yrs of use.
View Quote
How many vaccinations did you get as a child?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How many vaccinations did you get as a child?
View Quote
Damn folks get vicious when their brand is questioned.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
without a sound or a dented snap cap how could you tell if it malfunctioned? Serious question
View Quote
If the striker goes to the fired position, the trigger would be dead.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
That, and I'd love for someone to explain the physics behind suddenly halting forward momentum causes the trigger to travel in the opposite direction with sufficient force to overwhelm the trigger spring.  Something in that video is just not right.  If it were being dropped on the rear I could possibly see it, but being dropped on the front makes absolutely no sense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Remember when those of us who panned the choice of the P320 by the Army without any proper tests were considered Glock koolaide drinkers?

Lol, this is why the proper testing needed to happen, not just "Fire x rounds from a rest and call it good if it makes it.".
View Quote
And the 17M fell apart on Indianapolis PD... So what's your point?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If the striker goes to the fired position, the trigger would be dead.
View Quote
Thanks for making me feel like a dumbass. I didn't think of that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They may not be able to add it, because then Steyr's copyright infringement case on the P320 vs the M9 becomes even more of a slam dunk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would also be extraordinarily bad business for Sig to sue a customer for complaining about the product.  Sig should man up and design a fix.  It might be as simple as adding a safety to the trigger.
They may not be able to add it, because then Steyr's copyright infringement case on the P320 vs the M9 becomes even more of a slam dunk.
I was kind of wondering if this was the reason they don't have one??
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I agree. They should lock themselves in the station during their shift and avoid all human contact.
View Quote
Most guys with any amount of time on agree that's a solid course of action.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't understand why so many in this thread got pissed over this news. I don't own a 320, but if I did, upon reading this if someone else started the thread I'd have more questions than counter accusations.
View Quote
Because many a fanboi regardless of brand seem to take it personal.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for Magpul to make a frame
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only reason why I don't have one yet is due to the X carry version looking SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER!

It's almost as if somebody at Sig after the fact went "You know, if we really want to sell our new pistol, perhaps it should use a grip frame that at least looks different from the failed pistol that it was based off of."  
I'm waiting for Magpul to make a frame
I've never considered this possibility
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think you hurt his feelz
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is there any plastic-fantastic pistol that won't melt at 360+ degrees F?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sig isn't going to sue a major agency. That's how you make sure no agency deals with you in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation.
True, however, to be proven true, DPD is going to have to turn a bunch of REAL data over to Sig. Anecdotal info and rumors are defamation by default.
Sig isn't going to sue a major agency. That's how you make sure no agency deals with you in the future.
IIRC sig sued the US Air Marshal service when they rejected the P250, seems they placed reliability too high in sigs opinion.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The drop part is rumor. DPD is being mum about the reason.
View Quote
They watched the 1K round melt video
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#46]
My local SO office dropped them last month. They were jam city with/without lights. After 20 years of Sigs, finally going Glock
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I wouldn't buy that POS, or a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Have it it from an active duty DPD officer; Friday an email went out, no Dallas PD officers are to carry the Sig 320 effective immediately. Officers were carrying these as authorized private purchase. RUMOR is they can discharge when dropped.
View Quote
Well then don't drop it duh....
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks goodness

Cop Shoots himself in the leg
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well for one, you can't 'rescind' something you didn't issue.  Secondly, your opening few pages of posts are all shit you heard at the gun store.  

Brb, off to drop test my 320.

P320 compact, loaded mag/empty chamber, 2 free fall drops from ~3' to carpeted wooden floor- no malfunctions.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top