Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
H&K admits themselves it's not a duty gun. They claim the vp9 isn't for serious use.
View Quote
Oh really?
So the 39,000 SFP9's (what the VP9 is called in Europe) in service with the Meck-Pomm, Saxony and Lower Saxony German State Police aren't for serious use?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh really?
So the 39,000 SFP9's (what the VP9 is called in Europe) in service with the Meck-Pomm, Saxony and Lower Saxony German State Police aren't for serious use?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
H&K admits themselves it's not a duty gun. They claim the vp9 isn't for serious use.
Oh really?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hopefully the French army doesn't adopt the 320.
View Quote
They adopted the superior sp2022.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

<10yr police officer

Whenever stuff like this happens it was most likely a big-Whig that hasn't handled his firearm in a year and somehow manages to ND it in the presence of underlings...and, to not loose face as the incompotent oaf he is says "I dropped it and it just went off", quickly shooting off a memo banning said firearm as "proof" he wasn't lying and isn't an idiot. Actually had a Commander try this once before he was educated that a Glock doesn't go off when dropped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have it it from an active duty DPD officer; Friday an email went out, no Dallas PD officers are to carry the Sig 320 effective immediately. Officers were carrying these as authorized private purchase. RUMOR is they can discharge when dropped.

<10yr police officer

Whenever stuff like this happens it was most likely a big-Whig that hasn't handled his firearm in a year and somehow manages to ND it in the presence of underlings...and, to not loose face as the incompotent oaf he is says "I dropped it and it just went off", quickly shooting off a memo banning said firearm as "proof" he wasn't lying and isn't an idiot. Actually had a Commander try this once before he was educated that a Glock doesn't go off when dropped.
Omaha had a police chief who had a ND in his office at work.
He eventually went to another city and became the chief there.
He promptly had another ND in his new office.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I've dropped mine a few times while running drills (I'm still somewhat of a beginner) and I had no issues.

Still my bedside gun.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Isn't that weird trigger safety thingy found on just about every striker fired trigger other than the P320 part of the drop safety?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
http://www.waltherarms.com/wp-content/uploads/pps-left.jpg
http://assets.academy.com/mgen/72/10105872.jpg
http://hkusa.s3.amazonaws.com/20160512201340/VP9-FDE-LEFT-NIGHT-SIGHTS-WEB.jpg
https://snwcdnprod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/styles/product_main/public/firearms/images/209001_01_lg_1.jpg?itok=9yoWAbdR

Does the P320 actually have a mechanism built into the trigger system to prevent the rearward movement of the trigger unless its pressed by a finger, like all of the others pictured?
View Quote
thats what i was thinking
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
How the hell do some of you guys drop your loaded guns?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#8]
sig sauer has worked hard to bring out products for civilians, unlike HK, so i hope it works out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Never would have happened if they issued the HK VP9.  
View Quote
LOL. No.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never would have happened if they issued the HK VP9.  
I thought everyone knew that. Take one look at the VP9 next to the P30 or Hk45 and you can tell the VP is not of the same quality
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted: Most here don't understand how the 320 trigger was designed to be inherently drop safe.
View Quote
Please educate us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Please educate us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Most here don't understand how the 320 trigger was designed to be inherently drop safe.
Please educate us.
Apparently they did a great job at that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Didn't read all 6 pages,  have we turned into full on purse swing mode yet?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Specifically, I see a lot of "this is why striker guns have tabbed triggers".

I detail why this is here :
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/173064_.html&page=2&anc=1922878#i1922878
I'm not going to type all up again.

As for the drop testing, the P320 was dropped tested in accordance with Army TOP, NATO AC/225, and the ANSI/SAAMI standards that define what is drop safe for firearms. Then the engineers created increased difficulty standards far above those industry standards to flush out more possible issues.

Now, once again, that was early 2014. They very well could have had a qualify issue since then. But for all the "they should have tested the prototypes", we did, extensively. There's no testing like getting thousands of them into the hands of end users, and 5 generations later Glock still hasn't figured it out 100% either.

I have no real vested interest in its success at this point, there's not even one in my safe yet. I just genuinely believe in it. I'm also not brand loyal either and can seperate my brand list from my dick size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please educate us.
Specifically, I see a lot of "this is why striker guns have tabbed triggers".

I detail why this is here :
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/173064_.html&page=2&anc=1922878#i1922878
I'm not going to type all up again.

As for the drop testing, the P320 was dropped tested in accordance with Army TOP, NATO AC/225, and the ANSI/SAAMI standards that define what is drop safe for firearms. Then the engineers created increased difficulty standards far above those industry standards to flush out more possible issues.

Now, once again, that was early 2014. They very well could have had a qualify issue since then. But for all the "they should have tested the prototypes", we did, extensively. There's no testing like getting thousands of them into the hands of end users, and 5 generations later Glock still hasn't figured it out 100% either.

I have no real vested interest in its success at this point, there's not even one in my safe yet. I just genuinely believe in it. I'm also not brand loyal either and can seperate my brand list from my dick size.
Great post.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still regret selling mine.

Got a bonus coming that the wife doesn't know about.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Every time my agency gets seriously interested in switching from a Glock, a rep from either a large Glock distributor and/or Glock rep shows up and has a meeting with the chief. Coincidentally, after these meetings, he decides to stay with them despite our armorers and trainers begging to switch.

Other industries' sales reps provide vacations, swag, etc to purchasing agents to generate/keep contracts so is it possible Glock is doing that as well? Could that be why this stuff happens especially now that Glock is facing losing market share?
View Quote
I read somewhere on GD a while back that Glock takes potential clients to high-end strip clubs to help with the decision making process.  Don't know if it's true.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love mine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Since I'm active in the P320 threads I'll assume you're referring to me.

I haven't worked for SIG is a few years now,and neither do most of the people I knew well.

It is disheartening to see a product you believe in and worked on go through such issues. I did a ton of work specifically drop testing the 320, so I do wonder what they changed to see an issue. I also have read about these same rumors with every major brand and PDs.

On one hand, the "evidence" for problems seems rather suspect. Most hear don't understand how the 320 trigger was designed to be inherently drop safe.

On the other, while SIG makes great guns they treat their employees like disposable tools and basically lays off half of their production staff every year. You have problems retaining institutional knowledge and consistent quality when you mass fire and rehire faster than people can learn the job.

I believe in their designs and product, but I'm sad to see how they treat employees and how that affects their final product.
View Quote
Interesting post. This must effect their QC.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did they helicopter drop test it?
View Quote
You're assuming DPDs helicopters can even get in the air.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're assuming DPDs helicopters can even get in the air.
View Quote
Are you assuming they can't?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I fully understand why.  Its a better product, and very underrated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Since I'm active in the P320 threads I'll assume you're referring to me.

I haven't worked for SIG is a few years now,and neither do most of the people I knew well.

It is disheartening to see a product you believe in and worked on go through such issues. I did a ton of work specifically drop testing the 320, so I do wonder what they changed to see an issue. I also have read about these same rumors with every major brand and PDs.

On one hand, the "evidence" for problems seems rather suspect. Most hear don't understand how the 320 trigger was designed to be inherently drop safe.

On the other, while SIG makes great guns they treat their employees like disposable tools and basically lays off half of their production staff every year. You have problems retaining institutional knowledge and consistent quality when you mass fire and rehire faster than people can learn the job.

I believe in their designs and product, but I'm sad to see how they treat employees and how that affects their final product.
View Quote
IS the striker/firing pin in a mostly forward position that is then puled back when the trigger is pulled? Camming off a sear as the trigger bar moves forward the sear moves reward until it rotates out of the way?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh really?
H&K told MAC that the vp9 wasn't meant to be a serious gun and that's what their hammer guns are for. Don't know what else to tell ya. H&K said it not me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Every time my agency gets seriously interested in switching from a Glock, a rep from either a large Glock distributor and/or Glock rep shows up and has a meeting with the chief. Coincidentally, after these meetings, he decides to stay with them despite our armorers and trainers begging to switch.

Other industries' sales reps provide vacations, swag, etc to purchasing agents to generate/keep contracts so is it possible Glock is doing that as well? Could that be why this stuff happens especially now that Glock is facing losing market share?
View Quote
Where do your armorers get their training above and beyond Glock factory training?

Because form a purely maintenance point of view glocks are awesome.

Easy to disassemble completely.
The disassembly/assembly times are also very short.
Lots of available parts.
Gun will shoot with 6 broken parts as long as the shooter does not mash the trigger 5 parts if he does.
Easy to train armorers how to work on them.

So why do your armorers hate them?

Glocks are not my favorite pistol but for use as a Police or Military gun as a standard issued sidearm they are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IIRC The P320 is a fully cocked striker, similar to the M&P and some others, unlike the Glocks partially cocked striker you describe.

It utilizes a striker block like every modern production gun on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IS the striker/firing pin in a mostly forward position that is then puled back when the trigger is pulled?
IIRC The P320 is a fully cocked striker, similar to the M&P and some others, unlike the Glocks partially cocked striker you describe.

It utilizes a striker block like every modern production gun on the market.
OK.

But even the M&P striker moves reward just a hair as it cams off the sear.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I read somewhere on GD a while back that Glock takes potential clients to high-end strip clubs to help with the decision making process.  Don't know if it's true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was in the Glock book.

Glock is not above playing dirty to get contracts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
H&K told MAC that the vp9 wasn't meant to be a serious gun and that's what their hammer guns are for. Don't know what else to tell ya. H&K said it not me.
View Quote
Bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh really?
Madison, WI PD issues the VP9 as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Omaha had a police chief who had a ND in his office at work.
He eventually went to another city and became the chief there.
He promptly had another ND in his new office.
View Quote

It is best to start off a new command with a desk pop. 
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

OK, I get what you're asking.

You said "mostly forward". The sear will cam and move the striker back slightly, but the sear isn't cocking the striker like you described.

Im also going off the fact I haven't torn one down in 3 years .
View Quote
Thank you sir.

I just haven't gotten a chance to rip one apart yet...soon I am sure..
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Madison, WI PD issues the VP9 as well.
View Quote
So the VP9 is also a flaming liberal communist gun too?  What a piece of shit then. 
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit.
Not bullshit. Might have been Vickers but I think it was MAC. Saw it in a video or post by him a couple weeks ago. Maybe he'll come to this thread and clarify.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not bullshit. Might have been Vickers but I think it was MAC. Saw it in a video or post by him a couple weeks ago. Maybe he'll come to this thread and clarify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit.
I'm pretty sure, you're right about it being Tim.  

I wouldn't trust anything Larry Vickers said.  He only shills for his Vickers Glock models.  Anything else according to him is crap.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Hell if someone in NC has a aircraft I have a big field we can drop one in.

I could just take one next time I go skydiving and drop it.

would make a good video.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Purchasing agent is a fancy name for professional whore on an epic scale (not all of em).
I have no idea how the LEA's and contracts work but in some other industries it a whore buy off festival.

I have done some buying decision making, and the golf, fishing trips, and such have all been turned down, I won't let my guys take advantage of any of em either.
Give me product and service for a fair price and don't bug me or my guy's, we have a job to do....I am fun at partys
View Quote
So they're like pharma reps? Glock does have access to recruit smoking hot eastern European chicks. Sig should up their game with Oktoberfest beer wenches.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So they're like pharma reps? Glock does have access to recruit smoking hot eastern European chicks. Sig should up their game with Oktoberfest beer wenches.
View Quote
Yep, yep, and yep.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Didn't read all 6 pages,  have we turned into full on purse swing mode yet?
View Quote
started on page 1
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
What other pistol offers performance that is so far superior to Glock that it is worth re-training an entire department on a sidearm, re-training your armory staff, ordering new holsters and mag pouches, plus spare parts?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Vickers speaks highly of the VP9. He claims his, with a a Grey Guns trigger job was "a modern P210".

Like Glock, I've never heard him speak negatively of anything HK as he has extensive business ties there. His Raven Concealment promodels only included his "go-to" guns (G19, G17, M9, 1911, and VP9).

That said, you'd be misguided to take Vickers opinions and preferences in a vaccum. He's a wealth of knowledge, but (like all celebrity instructors) you can't treat them as the only authority.

Ie: In a multitude of councilors there is safety.
View Quote
I own a VP9.

Calling it a modern P210 is pretty laughable, imho.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What other pistol offers performance that is so far superior to Glock that it is worth re-training an entire department on a sidearm, re-training your armory staff, ordering new holsters and mag pouches, plus spare parts?
View Quote
And the cost of the guns too.  I've heard Glock offers some very attractive prices on the guns themselves.

Not sure how it is elsewhere, but many sheriff and police departments in Nebraska are having budget problems.  A wholesale switch from Product A to Product B is extremely unlikely to happen.  Many departments here simply choose to carry what the State Patrol carries because of the costs that come with T&E a new gun.  

Departments would still be buying new Crown Vics if they were still being made.  Inertia is a bitch.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Oh, I thought that was "normal" . I'm positively mediocre when it comes to shooting handguns (good enough) This was a box of ammo (124gr Golden Saber's, iirc) at 10 yards.

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh, I thought that was "normal" . I'm positively mediocre when it comes to shooting handguns (good enough) This was a box of ammo (124gr Golden Saber's, iirc) at 10 yards.

http://i.imgur.com/ZtPT5lK.jpg
View Quote
Obviously you are right handed, based on the location of your group.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top