BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has been said here and I will repeat it.

Never call.

Go in person.

Be polite.

Be insistent.
View Quote
The two I got weren't in the case, and they had never even made it out of the back.

I went to the customer service desk and told them that Brickseek showed an item in stock, and that I wanted the item.

I was polite, friendly, and insistent.

Someone from Customer Service confirmed inventory, and paged the manager.

The manager sort of tried to feign ignorance, but she seemed quite well aware that they were out back "in the cage", and that the gig was up.

I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been firm polite and insistent that some lucky Walmart employee would have been acquiring those "unwanted" cans of 855 at $69 and reselling them for a profit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol Dicks price matched Walmart clearance. They had it priced $199 sold it to me for $89 plus tax. Only took convincing of the sales clerk, an asst Mgr, and the manager all verifying the sku on my WM receipt against their box

idiots

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate Dicks and haven't spent a dime in store since they hired the anti 2a lobbyist.  When somebody said dicks was losing money on the pricematch, I decided to try my luck with the 64 dollar price tag or my 71 dollar receipt.

Little manager really fought me on price matching.  Gave me they can't price match below cost.  He would get in trouble for allowing it.  The price wasn't on the website.  It must be a walmart clearance item.   I shot down every excuse he gave.  I told him I wasn't being greedy,only wanting to buy a few  cans.   He said lets ring them up at that 71 dollar price match, if the register takes it they are yours.

So I walked out with two more 420RD cans.  I know this isn't much, but it felt good to do harm to dicks' bottom line.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hate Dicks and haven't spent a dime in store since they hired the anti 2a lobbyist.  When somebody said dicks was losing money on the pricematch, I decided to try my luck with the 64 dollar price tag or my 71 dollar receipt.

Little manager really fought me on price matching.  Gave me they can't price match below cost.  He would get in trouble for allowing it.  The price wasn't on the website.  It must be a walmart clearance item.   I shot down every excuse he gave.  I told him I wasn't being greedy,only wanting to buy a few  cans.   He said lets ring them up at that 71 dollar price match, if the register takes it they are yours.

So I walked out with two more 420RD cans.  I know this isn't much, but it felt could to do harm to dicks' bottom line.
View Quote
Yup and that’s why I only did it at Dick’s and not Academy. I actually like Academy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Got lucky this morning! Mowing season is starting here and I went to the local auto parts store to pick up oil for the mower. I use synthetic and couldn't believe they wanted $9.99 for a quart. I thought well there's a Wally world not that far away where I'd been waiting for the price on these cans to drop from $124. I'll just swing by and pick up my oil and by chance see if the price dropped. When I got to the SG counter an employee was already there (whaaaat?) picking up the spilled contents of an AE .223 100 round box. I was mainly just wanting to see if the can was in the ammo case and not hidden in the back, but mentioned to the SG guy many of the area stores were dropping the price and asked him if they'd be dropping the price anytime soon. He replied they had just gotten some price reductions in and he'd check to see if one of them was for the can. Well what do you know the reduction had just come in for the can! I told him if he'd apply the reduction to 89.00 I'd take it off his hands right then. Score! Win, win and cheaper oil to boot!

This makes my 4th can all at 89.00, thanks OP!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up 2 cans at my local Walmart for $99/ea.  The lady at the counter gave me the “ I don’t see them any wher they must not be here “.  She then scanned the code from brickseek and said hmm it says I have 2 here.  Got under the counter on her hands and knees and Alas,,, there they were, stuffed to the back behind everything.
Thanks OP.    Really considering trying to screw dicks or f&s out of a few cans now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys are lucky. I was able to get some of the Winchester 9mm, 45, and 380, but the ammo cans sold out at all of the Walmarts around here as soon as they dropped to $124. I can't believe how quickly people snatched them up at that price.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's funny. I had been eye balling the 2 in Madison Heights. I knew that we wold be rolling in there last night. I called and they were gone, even though inventory still showed 2 in stock. I'm glad that an arfcommer picked them up.

I saw that there were a couple somewhere SE of Roanoke, but I'm sure they're gone, too.

We checked inventory and called about 10 Walmarts on our drive, all were a bust.
View Quote
When you call it just insures that the employee is going to buy them before you get there. If they do have them and they aren't on the shelf, it's also a 98% chance they will tell you that they don't have them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
There are at least 3 of the 62gr M855 cans at the West Point, MS, WalMart. Marked $96.

Could be more there. Lost interest when I saw it was 62gr.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Found these 2 lonely cans in a tiny walmart not too far away from the house

$89 each

Thanks OP

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol Dicks price matched Walmart clearance. They had it priced $199 sold it to me for $89 plus tax. Only took convincing of the sales clerk, an asst Mgr, and the manager all verifying the sku on my WM receipt against their box

idiots

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Rookie numbers
Attachment Attached File

eta: Thank you again for posting the shelf tag 55_S2K_Shawn
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Just used the WM price tag at 64 to get 3 of these at Dicks. Thanks!!!

ETA: Proof

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Curious.  Are u just showing that pic of the tag and they are discounting it no questions asked?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Rookie numbers
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/452963/20190505_110743_jpg-935107.JPG

eta: Thank you again for posting the shelf tag 55_S2K_Shawn
View Quote
Like a boss

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm...I knew LC sealed these(ty-wrap) or other, none of the ones I got from Walmart have anything from tampering.

I better check out what I have completely, I only opened them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ETA: Proof

https://i.imgur.com/SerER3V.jpg
View Quote
Excellent

Dicks got it right in the ass.

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Excellent

Dicks got it right in the ass.

View Quote
Fyi I tried to leave at least 1 for others..

And FDSG
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fyi I tried to leave at least 1 for others..

And FDSG
View Quote
Are they not asking where the Walmart is that had that tag?? And are they not verifying that it’s in stock ?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are they not asking where the Walmart is that had that tag?? And are they not verifying that it’s in stock ?
View Quote
No. They just verified its the same product.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna try this tomorrow

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Gonna try this tomorrow

View Quote
Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
For me the first just looked at the picture of shelf tag and verified UPC. Second store looked at image and called mgmt "cause that is a big difference." They tried looking on walmart.com for it, couldn't find it and told me they wouldn't honor the price. Neither store asked if that photo was from a local walmart.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Too bad the closest DSG is 2 hours away... contemplating making the drive...
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#25]
The manager tried this shit on me.   I said walmart nor dicks shows these cans on their websites.  He checked both sites to verify.  I think that was the  final test before they pricematched my receipt.

Quoted:

For me the first just looked at the picture of shelf tag and verified UPC. Second store looked at image and called mgmt "cause that is a big difference." They tried looking on walmart.com for it, couldn't find it and told me they wouldn't honor the price. Neither store asked if that photo was from a local walmart.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The manager tried this shit on me.   I said walmart nor dicks shows these cans on their websites.  He checked both sites to verify.  I think that was the  final test before they pricematched my receipt.
View Quote
Excellent intel!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
When you call it just insures that the employee is going to buy them before you get there. If they do have them and they aren't on the shelf, it's also a 98% change they will tell you that they don't have them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's funny. I had been eye balling the 2 in Madison Heights. I knew that we wold be rolling in there last night. I called and they were gone, even though inventory still showed 2 in stock. I'm glad that an arfcommer picked them up.

I saw that there were a couple somewhere SE of Roanoke, but I'm sure they're gone, too.

We checked inventory and called about 10 Walmarts on our drive, all were a bust.
When you call it just insures that the employee is going to buy them before you get there. If they do have them and they aren't on the shelf, it's also a 98% change they will tell you that they don't have them.
That's probably true.

We were driving 750 miles yesterday and called some Walmarts along the way. I pulled off of the interstate one time by Indy to check in person, but I also had to take a leak.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Here you go for price matching.   Not a clearance tag.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265983/20190504_190927_jpg-934498.JPG
View Quote
Tried just using that at a Dicks out here. They said no. The date above said 5/3, so they said it would have to be the same date as today.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tried just using that at a Dicks out here. They said no. The date above said 5/3, so they said it would have to be the same date as today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figured $199 to $89 was a big enough swing, I didn’t want to get greedy and go for the $64 shelf label pic. Maybe I should give it a crack, now that I have one at $89 from them
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
My local Dick's had 193 that the gun counter guy was going to price match on this picture. Unfortunately, he needed to find it in stock at that price. He called all the local Walmarts and the only one he could get on the phone said $124
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The two I got weren't in the case, and they had never even made it out of the back.

I went to the customer service desk and told them that Brickseek showed an item in stock, and that I wanted the item.

The manager sort of tried to feign ignorance, but she seemed quite well aware that they were out back "in the cage", and that the gig was up.

I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been firm polite and insistent that some lucky Walmart employee would have been acquiring those "unwanted" cans of 855 at $69 and reselling them for a profit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It has been said here and I will repeat it.

Never call.

Go in person.

Be polite.

Be insistent.

The 2 cans i got were hidden under the counter,im guessing to be held for someone.

A clerk asked if i wanted anything and i told him there were two in stock online and to look for a green ammo can.He looked around and pulled them from under the counter where the register is.

Somebody is gonna be pissed

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#32]
At Dick’s now, they’re fighting me over the price.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/It_s_Happening_Isn_t_It-117.gif
The manager agreed to the $89, but that’s not good enough.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You might be able to get XM193; they had that at my store. If they're charging $199 for it, it's probably in stock
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy them all
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you using a receipt or the shelf label pic? Also, which Dick's so I don't waste my time after you clean them out?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are you using a receipt or the shelf label pic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you using a receipt or the shelf label pic?
Kept my receipt.

Wonder if its an easy deal having a receipt to get the walmart price at dicks
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Just left my local Dicks and Field and Stream.  Both didn’t have any.  Field and stream said they haven’t been shipped ammo cans of AR ammo in months. I think their liberal leaders have probably stopped stocking it in certain places
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I got one at 89. I’ll sell for 150
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got one at 89. I’ll sell for 150
View Quote
Hold it until the panic starts back up

They were going for $400+ after SH
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hold it until the panic starts back up

They were going for $400+ after SH
View Quote
Holy crap ! Good looking out
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Just stole 5 cans of 855 from Dicks

Just walked up to the sporting goods counter

Asked for 62gr 5.56 in Ammo cans,and asked him to get them from behind the counter,put them in my buggy and accompany me to CS for a price match

I told them Walmart had them on sale for $64.33, confirmed the UPC/Item Detaiks with with two different teenage managers,rang up and walked out!!!

Use the small corner  UPC Barcode,not the big one

5 cans of 855 for $344.17 including tax!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Asked for 62gr 5.56 in Ammo cans,and asked him to get them from behind the counter,put them in my buggy and accompany me to CS for a price match

I told them Walmart had them on sale for $64.33, confirmed the UPC/Item Detaiks with with two different teenage managers,rang up and walked out!!!

View Quote
Wow thats 16.3 cpr

Nice score
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah I’m actually on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean, but if I could try to hit up Dicks, I totally would.  Buy out as many as they have
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wow thats 16.3 cpr

Nice score
View Quote
Now deduct $10-15 per 420 for the can and clips.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wow thats 16.3 cpr

Nice score
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow thats 16.3 cpr

Nice score
YMMV

Everyone was nice and polite to me

“You’re right! Let’s see what we can do”

I was laughing all the way through the parking lot
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Are you using a receipt or the shelf label pic? Also, which Dick's so I don't waste my time after you clean them out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both

In the end, she refused to budge beyond $89, and wouldn’t let me have all of them.

I’m at another Dick’s now.

ETA: The one off of Westport Rd in Louisville, the one in Oxmoor mall is now OOS.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Both

In the end, she refused to budge beyond $89, and wouldn’t let me have all of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both

So how many did you score at the first dicks?

Damn, im gonna be busy hitting up lots of dicks this week

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both

One.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top