Serious question:
Was that guy retarded?
More or less
"HEH"
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a story behind every screen name and we don't often get a peek.

Did you happen to see those photos of him in the tighty whities that's been mentioned?  Does that make things awkward like at Thanksgiving dinner?
View Quote
I haven't seen it... this thread was the first I've heard of it, since I don't frequent HOTD.    I'm grateful that search has been changed in such a way that I'd probably never be able to find it... I'd have to soak my eyes in paint thinner.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was that the guy who got a job as a florist or something?
View Quote
Yes that's him.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
How did that guy get a free lifetime membership?
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes that's him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes that's him.
Customer service for an online florist.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
don't they screen for who can get a life membership?  How did he get one?
View Quote
Yes there's a test.

He was off the charts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most of the people making comments in here didn't know Deej86 when he was kind and interesting.
Many years ago a few members picked on him so bad he wanted to leave. I believe one of his family members on here let the cat out of the bag on his family troubles and his Aspergers.
Deej came back pretty humbly from it. Kid could remember EVERYTHING and it was interesting to watch him grow up a little bit because of this place. Members here let him shoot a gun for the first time and he was pretty excited about it.
Did he change once he met this girl? Absolutely but like many people here have already said, the kid was dealt a hand many could not even begin to understand. His life wasn't all roses and everything was an uphill battle for him. So yes once he met a girl with a similar condition as him he was going to change. Anyone who thought differently was crazy!

Its too bad he couldn't handle the heat around here.
View Quote
He brought it on himself. He seemed to be able to function well enough to keep a job.  I think he thought he could keep up with the big boys.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
As with many issues, I'm kind of in the middle on Deej.

Yeah, he did and said shit that annoyed me, most notably his constant reminders that he was getting his dick wet (Actual slightly paraphased Deej Q&A: Team Member: "I'm going to Hawaii soon. Has anyone here stayed at the Best Western in Honolulu?" Deej response "No, but the first time I had sex with my GF it was in a Best Western in Schaumburg Illinois.")

Now, I'm a very visual person with an unfortunately long memory, and since I've seen photos of both of them I really did not need to hear that!

But I will say this for Deej, in all his postings I NEVER once saw him ask for special treatment or to be dealt with any differently than anyone else. Sure he had a shitty lot in life, but it was other people that made a big deal of it, not Deej. Maybe he did and I missed it, but I don't think so.

In my estimation, the main problem wasn't him, it was all of his fucking White Knights.

If Deej had been left alone to take his own lumps, win, lose (most likely) or draw, everyone, including him, would have been better off and he would have either left on his own, gotten banned or maybe, just maybe, he would have grown a little. I know that in between his time out and ban I had commented to him that as long as I could feel free to tell him to pound sand up his ass without getting dogpiled by his faggot brigade whenever I thought he was acting like a dick, I was cool with him being back. He was absolutely fine with that.

Yeah, he had his problems, some biological and some of his own making, but deep down I think he had a good heart, even if it was surrounded by 98 pounds of naivitee.

Yeah, the site is probably better off without him, and he's probably better off without the site. but still...

At least I have him to thank for adding "cunt stain" to my vocabulary.

And yeah, I usually just do the "one liner" thing on here, so this is like a new posting record for me. Enough of this maudlin shit. Make me fuckin' laugh!
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#11]
He seemed to post about his personal inadequacies, weaknesses, and hard knocks, just a little too much for my taste.

Someone gifted him a life membership?   ...I guess someone really liked him.   It's a shame he just threw it away.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I got nothing against the guy; as screwed up as he may be.  Wish him a speedy recovery & a better 2018!
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cum on now, he brought a lot of that on himself.
View Quote
Using "cum" instead of "come". How childish. This place used to be fun. If I wanted toilet humor I would go hangout with 9th graders.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes there's a test.

He was off the charts.
View Quote
Like a savant or Dustin Hoffman in Rainman

I guess that rules me out of a lifetime membership
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That was always my take too.  Good guy, but seems like he's easily influenced by his liberal wife and doesn't have the dating/romantic experience to recognize or handle it.  Hope he has a quick recovery.

I don't really get the Deej hate, though.  He has a hard time interacting with people over the internet, but it seems like there is a group-think collection of teeners that follow him around and gang up on him like they're still in elementary school.  Some people just have no manners.
View Quote
I think the Deejhate™ spawned from his gradual descent into leftism control and his inability relate to others. He was clearly coached and groomed into the banned Deej.
People can only over look certain personality failings for so long before tolerance turns to hate.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Voted for Hillary
View Quote
Bernie and others. I cant blame him for going left. In his position more free shit than on the right.  He just didn't belong on a far right gun forum.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't even fathom how he could do something to get banned.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't seen it... this thread was the first I've heard of it, since I don't frequent HOTD.    I'm grateful that search has been changed in such a way that I'd probably never be able to find it... I'd have to soak my eyes in paint thinner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you happen to see those photos of him in the tighty whities that's been mentioned?  Does that make things awkward like at Thanksgiving dinner?
Too late you've already had a mental image.

(did he say mental?)
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bernie and others. I cant blame him for going left. In his position more free shit than on the right.  He just didn't belong on a far right gun forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Voted for Hillary
Barry Obummer in a primary I think.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He seemed to post about his personal inadequacies, weaknesses, and hard knocks, just a little too much for my taste.

Someone gifted him a life membership?   ...I guess someone really liked him.   It's a shame he just threw it away.

Uhhh yeah, he totally didn’t throw it away... uhhh he willed it to me, yeahhhhhh...
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is what happens when I step away from the computer for a few minutes...  Deej is my brother in law, and he first wound up coming here because he knew I did and he wanted to see what it was all about.  There, you've found the issue.  Deej is my fault.  

The past few years have been interesting for him.  He spent a while striking out in the dating world before he met his wife, and that caused some self-esteem issues.  I wouldn't necessarily say that he's lost his way due to putting pussy on a pedestal, but he's come to me for advice a few times on how to have a happy marriage with someone that has different views.  Having seen both sides, I'll gladly deal with his wife tugging him slightly to the left vs. the sheltered mama's boy that he was not that long ago.  He has a life, a wife, a job, a home, and he can drive now.  Compare that to when I first started dating his sister, and I just assumed that he would be living in my basement if anything happened to his parents.

I think the big issue is that there's just been a whoooole lot of bad luck that's come his way lately, and it took its toll on him.  Shortly after his honeymoon (and when he had been driving for only a few months), he was rear-ended hard enough to total his wife's car, and leave him with some general aches for a few weeks.  Then they went out and replaced it with more car than they could afford, she promptly lost her job and took a significant pay cut at the new job, and their landlord non-renewed their lease.  All of this happened shortly before the ban.  Add to that the fact he gets obsessed, takes things far too personally, and his brain doesn't process sarcasm, and it was the perfect storm.  I "white knighted" for him once or twice, but he had been around here long enough to know the CoC... he's not making excuses for his behavior, and neither am I.

Now we just have to see what happens with his shoulder, and hope that it doesn't knock him out long enough to cause issues with his job.
View Quote
Pics of Deej's sister???
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yea, thank heavens.

Maybe next it'll be chronic bullshitters and trolls ..................
View Quote
we can only hope for a Christmas miracle. Please Santa Aimless please..
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think the Deejhate™ spawned from his gradual descent into leftism control and his inability relate to others. He was clearly coached and groomed into the banned Deej.
People can only over look certain personality failings for so long before tolerance turns to hate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was always my take too.  Good guy, but seems like he's easily influenced by his liberal wife and doesn't have the dating/romantic experience to recognize or handle it.  Hope he has a quick recovery.

I don't really get the Deej hate, though.  He has a hard time interacting with people over the internet, but it seems like there is a group-think collection of teeners that follow him around and gang up on him like they're still in elementary school.  Some people just have no manners.
It goes back to his beginnings here, actually.

He's had a history of being up and down, gone and back.

He's been polarizing for at least a decade.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I heard he was issued an ultimatum.  Provide video evidence that he could crack an egg in less that 3 taps or face banning.  He failed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Certainly not from the site.  A Life member requested his membership be transferred to Deej86 as he wasn't spending as much time on the site as he had prior, and such things were done back then (no longer).

That's a site owners prerogative, but I'd bet that whole debacle is part of the reason they no longer do the transfer thing.  
View Quote
I'll bet you're right.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[color=#ff0000]don't they screen for who can get a life membership[/color]?  How did he get one?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is what happens when I step away from the computer for a few minutes...  Deej is my brother in law, and he first wound up coming here because he knew I did and he wanted to see what it was all about.  There, you've found the issue.  Deej is my fault.  

The past few years have been interesting for him.  He spent a while striking out in the dating world before he met his wife, and that caused some self-esteem issues.  I wouldn't necessarily say that he's lost his way due to putting pussy on a pedestal, but he's come to me for advice a few times on how to have a happy marriage with someone that has different views.  Having seen both sides, I'll gladly deal with his wife tugging him slightly to the left vs. the sheltered mama's boy that he was not that long ago.  He has a life, a wife, a job, a home, and he can drive now.  Compare that to when I first started dating his sister, and I just assumed that he would be living in my basement if anything happened to his parents.

I think the big issue is that there's just been a whoooole lot of bad luck that's come his way lately, and it took its toll on him.  Shortly after his honeymoon (and when he had been driving for only a few months), he was rear-ended hard enough to total his wife's car, and leave him with some general aches for a few weeks.  Then they went out and replaced it with more car than they could afford, she promptly lost her job and took a significant pay cut at the new job, and their landlord non-renewed their lease.  All of this happened shortly before the ban.  Add to that the fact he gets obsessed, takes things far too personally, and his brain doesn't process sarcasm, and it was the perfect storm.  I "white knighted" for him once or twice, but he had been around here long enough to know the CoC... he's not making excuses for his behavior, and neither am I.

Now we just have to see what happens with his shoulder, and hope that it doesn't knock him out long enough to cause issues with his job.
View Quote
Pretty insightful ... I appreciate you sharing that

My Deej thoughts are.... ( never met him in person ) - I am willing to bet you could engage with him far better in person than online.

He had many health and psychological issues that were likely no fault of his own that I am pretty sure none of us here would want or wish upon a family member.

He tried overly hard to fit in ... often way too hard. And when he chose to pick a battle, its as if every one was his last stand so he dug his heels in and was overly emotional and would hit that send or submit button without alot of thought.

He had his passions and likes / dislikes just as anyone does. And everyone that posted his sarcasm meter was out of whack is correct. How much of that is truly his fault vs the above mentioned issues is for each of us to decide on our own.

I wish him well in life and his marriage and hope he finds whatever makes him happy and learns to deal with lifes stress and ups and downs in a more balanced way.

Every issue is not WW3 and warrants going into DefCon 1 or whatever
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yea, thank heavens.

Maybe next it'll be chronic bullshitters and trolls ..................
View Quote
we can only hope
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Best Western in Schaumburg Illinois is pretty nice...just sayin'
View Quote
Alright, I admit it. That made me laugh.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pics of Deej's sister???
View Quote
I sure hope he locked down all his computers, tablets, smartphones and any web accessing equipment in case his bro in law decides to stop by on a social call with the intention of using his account to come back.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recall IM'img him with something along the lines of "Dude...bro...you really need to take that down. Are you out of your mind? "

I don't think he did. Definitely not one of his wiser decisions in hindsight. I tend to think he'd agree.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
assburgers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question:
Was that guy retarded?
Autistic i think.
assburgers
My step daughter has asbergers. She has some issues but she is a fully functioning adult. She has 2 kids, drives, works. Some people are cutting him too much slack because of his “condition”
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#36]
little out there...
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes that's him.
That makes PERFECT sense.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Socially awkward, but he was always nice to me. Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
9th graders...psh...24/365 graders fo sho
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using "cum" instead of "come". How childish. This place used to be fun. If I wanted toilet humor I would go hangout with 9th graders.

9th graders...psh...24/365 graders fo sho
What are those 24/365 threads about anyways?
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What are those 24/365 threads about anyways?
View Quote
Who knows.

Those people are speshul.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like toilet humor. Thats why I'm with you guys.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn. I don't read Arfcom often enough any more to see the change. Didn't even know he got married. Seeing the ban thread is the complete opposite of what I remember from him.

Maybe I am just seeing shit that isn't here but Arfcom seems like it has gotten a lot more negative and aggressive over the past couple of years. I've noticed myself getting caught up in it a few times and had to take a step back. If I am not noticing something that isn't there do you think he just got caught up in that? The people egging him on in that thread are exactly the kind of toxicity I don't remember being here just a short while ago.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Came back from a timeout and went full retard
View Quote
Not sure I'm surprised
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I missed the show.  Deej is good people in my book.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My Deej thoughts are.... ( never met him in person ) - I am willing to bet you could engage with him far better in person than online.
View Quote
You can. I met him at a HTF dinner in Michigan. He was super nice, and certainly pleasant. And yeah, it's pretty evident that he's on the spectrum (you notice the mannerisms much more in person), but it was sort of a "quirky cool" thing to me. I liked him well enough. I enjoyed his company.

That guy I met back in ~2007 (give or take) bore no resemblance to the guy who started pit threads on a whim, and ultimately melted the fuck down.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That could very well be.  I must have missed a lot of the stuff that people are referring to in this thread, although I do remember him lashing out pretty obnoxiously at people sometimes.

Even still, I just think it's pathetic to see a bunch of grown men, mostly teeners, getting off on ganging up on an autistic dude on the internet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You got a link to that site?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure that ship has sailed.

The guy was championed for ages because he is autistic and as a result got a pass for pretty much everything. That included a free life membership.

He was a sacred cow around here. He'd fuck up, apologize, repeat. That went on for a very long time.

The most basic achievements were wildly applauded by some and regardless of what he said on here, he always had some to circle the wagons around him. Once it became known that he was a 2x Obama voter and the clear leftist influence his new wife had on him, he became somewhat belligerent and confrontational.

The wide swing to the left combined with his belligerence thinned his support group quite a bit and he eventually ran out of chances while he continued what he had done all along. Sympathy was his life line and he burned that bridge.

That said, I will forever cherish the selfies he took and posted of himself standing in front of a full length mirror while sporting only tighty whities, which were neither white (kind of a beat up off white due to high mileage) and not tight (stretched out waist and legs also likely due to high mileage) while wearing coke bottle glasses. Those pics were brutalized by the site created by guys booted off of ARFCOM and though they were all pathetic, the comedy gold those pics fueled was undeniably hilarious.
You got a link to that site?
Nevermind
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Deej was a really nice guy until he married a feminist liberal and became a douchey Bernie supporter.

He brought it on himself and it was a well earned ban.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top