BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife worked there for years.  Everyone saw this coming years ago.  When you are the main safety net hospital in the region and your "elected" officials allow thousands of thousands of people with no insurance to flood your streets you collapse your healthcare system.  All part of the plan
View Quote

A lot of times the hospital administrators are bleeding heart liberals too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Let it burn.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#3]
We should send them more busses.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wouldn’t matter. The illegals are a protected class.
View Quote

It’s funny you say that. Even during the height of the Covid shenanigan, the protected class were not required to get “vaxxed”. Were you? I bet so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Fuck this dem controlled state.  House is 46-19, senate is 23-12, governor grew up in California and we have a first husband.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Cloward-Piven. Hell, between them and Alinsky, they're telling us what they're doing, and yet leftists will deny it.

Just wait to see how they "fix" it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Denver is one of the top 10 Sanctuary cities. I hope they have a total breakdown. Screw them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fuck this dem controlled state.  House is 46-19, senate is 23-12, governor grew up in California and we have a first husband.
View Quote
wyoming is nice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Enjoy la migra.  We'll take 2 aspirin
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cloward-Piven. Hell, between them and Alinsky, they're telling us what they're doing, and yet leftists will deny it.

Just wait to see how they "fix" it.
View Quote

You're right on. As stated on page 2...single payer healthcare will be the "fix" to this particular crisis. Then UBI. And eventually full blown communism.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It’s funny you say that. Even during the height of the Covid shenanigan, the protected class were not required to get “vaxxed”. Were you? I bet so.
View Quote

I was first told I "should" get the Fauci Slow Kill shot by my former employer to "save lives" even though I was never sick.

Then they begged somewhat.

Then more and more pointed THREATS began, and finally an ultimatum. So I left and got a better job.

#Pureblood

FJB
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#12]
August of 2022 I was sitting my desk at my temp lab job at the refinery. Heart started racing. I grabbed the pulse ox from my cars first aid kit and pulse was 228. Went down the hall to my supervisor, who is on the refinery’s FD/response team—he had a BP cuff. 220’s over 115-ish. He called the medical team on-site and they brought a EKG. Before they could even start measuring I looked at the strip and we both said ‘SVT’s’.

He said it was mandatory to go to the ER (At the hospital where I did my residency, no less). I said I’d drive myself but they said no bueno. Liability if I coded on the way there. Texted my Ex and told her I wouldn’t be meeting her to pick up the girls that afternoon.

Ambulance picked me up, now it had been almost an hour since the tachycardia started. ER was ten minutes away. Five minutes into the trip, the EMT (I knew him) got the ok for an adenosine shot.

Boom! Yummy. Turned it off and turned it on again. Heart rate 65, BP 115/60. Arrived at the hospital, one of my old PCT’s got me in a bay in the ED and they gave me a couple liters of fluid over the next two hours. Around 3pm they cut me loose. My ex came and gave me a ride to the refinery, the same med team had to do a set of vitals and clear me, I finished my last hour talking with my boss then went home.

No insurance, I was a temp and the temp agency didn’t offer it until you were there a year. $9700.

This past August, almost to the day. I was hired in by a contractor in June, insurance would start the beginning of September. 98 degrees , cloudless sky, high humidity. I was scanning an outdoor refinery unit after walking a tank farm all morning. Sweating like crazy, down 3-4 bottles of water and a Gatorade before lunch. At lunch had a Big Mac and a coke. Went back out and fifteen minutes later SVT’s hit. Too fast to count with a watch. Figured it would resolve. It didn’t. Got back to the office at 4, someone said I didn’t look so good. Drank a Gatorade Electrolyteand headed home. Check my HR, 240. BP 240/110. Got home, drank an electrolyte and tried valsalva coughs to try and reset. No help. Called my ex, she said if it had been going on that long I needed to go to the ED.

I tried to slow breathe, everything I could. Nothing worked. Waited until midnight. Still same HR/BP. I was exhausted. Got in my jeep to drive to the ED. One exit down the interstate, KER-Klunk! My heart shifted into 4-lo. Pulled iver. HR 77, BP 105/55. Called my ex and told her. I turned around and went home. HR stayed in the seventies. Sleep for three hours, checked my BP and HR, went to work feeling like I’d run a marathon. Had to go up on a structure to image a burner with a thermal camera, eight flights of stairs. Felt like I was dying. Tried to keep as low key as possible the entire day, plenty of fluids. No SVT episodes since then.

Now I have insurance. Still making payments to the cocksuckers who took the debt from the hospital.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I completely understand that every hospital in the country is short of beds, staff, funding, etc; but is this the same kind of hospitals are on the "brink of collapse" that the news kept harping on during covid?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I went to Denver about +15 years ago with my father. Right out of high school and I spent a week wandering the downtown and surrounding areas by myself. Fun times. I felt safe everywhere I went cuz there were cops everywhere.

Returned 9 years ago for my honeymoon. The entire downtown reeked of weed. There were multiple homeless on every block, and we were shouted at by them several times for not giving them stuff. The police were nowhere to be found.

I’m not going back. Denver is receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Par for the course when you have a large illegal alien population.  Some of the hospital maternity wards in my area have 90%+ no pay on baby deliveries due to all the illegals dropping their anchor babies on this side of the border.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure the government will be along soon to rescue the system with single payer.
View Quote

I have seen this at the local hospitals here, most of the moms are Hispanic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#16]
This problem won’t be solved until local communities start fighting back. How? You make the immigrants feel unwelcome, you make your local elected officials lives difficult, you make the people that support the illegals/undocumented lives difficult, you stop supporting businesses that employ these people… That is the only way.

ER’s need to stick to “emergency” too, not bs sniffles. They need to learn to triage. “Urgent care opens at 8am, come back an see them.”

This born in the US makes you a citizen and gives your family the ability to stay bullshit needs to be banned. If you give birth in the US and aren’t able to pay, the US should make the home country pay. If you are coming to the US and you are preggers, you should have to prove the ability to pay or your visa will be rejected and/or you will be turned away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#17]
It’s interesting to see places realize their ideologies have real world consequences.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I go to Denver a few times a year and stay in my hotel room.

In Alabama we don’t have homeless and illegal problems like the rest of the country. Our local democrats do not take kindly to them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Hospitals just need to close their Emergency Departments.

Many health systems are downsizing and putting Urgent Care clinics away from the hospital, and they should do the same with Emergency Rooms.

EMTALA is what is killing the hospitals.

Hospitals have become a plague unto themselves, and they can all collapse for all I care.

What rises from the ashes will be much different.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Theoretical question, what if a guy had a minor emergency, something non life threatening but needed attention, a broken arm maybe.  He's a US citizen but no health insurance.  He knows the ER visit will be $10k and wipe him out financially.  Is it in the guys interest to pretend to be illegal?  Tell the ER that he's Juan from Peru?  No habla the English?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Theoretical question, what if a guy had a minor emergency, something non life threatening but needed attention, a broken arm maybe.  He's a US citizen but no health insurance.  He knows the ER visit will be $10k and wipe him out financially.  Is it in the guys interest to pretend to be illegal?  Tell the ER that he's Juan from Peru?  No habla the English?
View Quote

Lol, unlikely. Maybe if he could fool an interpreter who's a native speaker of whatever language he's claiming but even that's a stretch.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, they have people there that habla.    Just pretend to be Welsh, nobody will know what the fuck that accent should sound like.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if several of these illegal immigrants are carrying ebola on them or in them?

Denver Health medical team receives Ebola vaccine

The great news about this is that the Ebola vaxscheme only sheds 31% of the time, at least that is according to the info provided by the FDA package insert.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nah, they have people there that habla.    Just pretend to be Welsh, nobody will know what the fuck that accent should sound like.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Lmao.

Who would've ever guessed that 8,000 illegals would use the er in unscrupulous ways?

Was probably only 4,000 too. With them using different names.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Someone better make sure trump is on their ballot.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"unexpected" costs, lol
View Quote

I know. As if any consequences from the lefts actions are unexpected.  The lefts cheerleaders act as if people are dumb for pointing out any potential bad consequences.  When the bad consequences occur, those cheerleaders are silent.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I know. As if any consequences from the lefts actions are unexpected.  The lefts cheerleaders act as if people are dumb for pointing out any potential bad consequences.  When the bad consequences occur, those cheerleaders are silent blame it on conservative policies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#29]
All these asshole organizations are about as left-leaning as possible.
Then, when they get what they have been pleading for, suddenly it's a problem.
Except, they will never acknowledge it was the shitty policies they cried for that caused it.
They plead for even more government to pay to "fix it" and make all the problems go away.

They are literally brainwashed and/or mentally ill.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Moved back to the denver area about 12 years ago, its has gotten worse and worse. I refuse to drive into denver for anything. The wife made an apt at a hospital downtown as the local place did not have the machines. Made her reschedule it up north a 45+ min longer drive.

Denver is starting to bus the homeless/migrants to other citys around colorado. Every busy intersection has groups of them trying to was your car windows.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Enjoy la migra.  We'll take 2 aspirin
View Quote

Former la migra here. They're not going to do shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They wanted this.

View Quote

The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubricated.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#33]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Our ER is one of the busiest in the state of TN. No pays keep the ER very crowded.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When are doctors gonna break free from the hospital systems and just go to cash only private practice?  Self solving problem if you aren't part of the BS system
View Quote

@victorgonzales

20 years ago, hospital corporations were able to lobby the government to give them an additional 30% “facility fee” when they billed Medicare/Medicaid.  Private insurance soon followed.  This gave hospital corporations the financial leverage to take over private group practices.  It did require that the older docs sell out the younger docs, but they gladly did so to help maintain their income.  When our multi-specialty clinic voted to create an affiliation/professional service agreement with the local hospital, I voted against it.  Us younger guys were outvoted.  The result was that in the last ~ 15 years, most doctor’s practices were eliminated and now ~ 75% of doctors work directly for a hospital corporation as W-2 employees.

You still have physicians’ groups that can make it on their own without the 30% facility fee, but it’s rough.  It’s usually large orthopedic surgery, radiology, anesthesiology, etc groups that can generate a lot of income to take care of the overhead and turn a good profit.  Even my sister who is a dermatologist has a solo practice, but she spends a lot of free time managing it, billing, etc.  

What you’re proposing is a practical impossibility, at least on a large scale.  There are so many regulations and red tape that the main way people make it work is direct billing of patients in the “concierge medicine” type practices.  They represent a small fraction of patient visits.  Most people can’t afford it, certainly not most people on Medicaid and Medicare.  If private billing practices ever rose to a significant number, the government would crack down in it.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Strong social safety nets or open borders? You can only pick 1.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Denver codified their Sanctuary City laws in 2017, as an FU to the Trump administration.

Suck it Libtards
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@victorgonzales

20 years ago, hospital corporations were able to lobby the government to give them an additional 30% "facility fee" when they billed Medicare/Medicaid.  Private insurance soon followed.  This gave hospital corporations the financial leverage to take over private group practices.  It did require that the older docs sell out the younger docs, but they gladly did so to help maintain their income.  When our multi-specialty clinic voted to create an affiliation/professional service agreement with the local hospital, I voted against it.  Us younger guys were outvoted.  The result was that in the last ~ 15 years, most doctor's practices were eliminated and now ~ 75% of doctors work directly for a hospital corporation as W-2 employees.

You still have physicians' groups that can make it on their own without the 30% facility fee, but it's rough.  It's usually large orthopedic surgery, radiology, anesthesiology, etc groups that can generate a lot of income to take care of the overhead and turn a good profit.  Even my sister who is a dermatologist has a solo practice, but she spends a lot of free time managing it, billing, etc.  

What you're proposing is a practical impossibility, at least on a large scale.  There are so many regulations and red tape that the main way people make it work is direct billing of patients in the "concierge medicine" type practices.  They represent a small fraction of patient visits.  Most people can't afford it, certainly not most people on Medicaid and Medicare.  If private billing practices ever rose to a significant number, the government would crack down in it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When are doctors gonna break free from the hospital systems and just go to cash only private practice?  Self solving problem if you aren't part of the BS system

@victorgonzales

20 years ago, hospital corporations were able to lobby the government to give them an additional 30% "facility fee" when they billed Medicare/Medicaid.  Private insurance soon followed.  This gave hospital corporations the financial leverage to take over private group practices.  It did require that the older docs sell out the younger docs, but they gladly did so to help maintain their income.  When our multi-specialty clinic voted to create an affiliation/professional service agreement with the local hospital, I voted against it.  Us younger guys were outvoted.  The result was that in the last ~ 15 years, most doctor's practices were eliminated and now ~ 75% of doctors work directly for a hospital corporation as W-2 employees.

You still have physicians' groups that can make it on their own without the 30% facility fee, but it's rough.  It's usually large orthopedic surgery, radiology, anesthesiology, etc groups that can generate a lot of income to take care of the overhead and turn a good profit.  Even my sister who is a dermatologist has a solo practice, but she spends a lot of free time managing it, billing, etc.  

What you're proposing is a practical impossibility, at least on a large scale.  There are so many regulations and red tape that the main way people make it work is direct billing of patients in the "concierge medicine" type practices.  They represent a small fraction of patient visits.  Most people can't afford it, certainly not most people on Medicaid and Medicare.  If private billing practices ever rose to a significant number, the government would crack down in it.  
I wonder how long it will be before doctors setup like dentists in Mexican border towns.  I can get cash dental work for 1/4 the price by American dentists over there.    I wonder if that will be the future of more expensive medical care as well.  Can't force doctors to work in your country .
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm so confused I figured having too many customers was a good thing.
View Quote

They are only customers if they pay.  Taking goods and services without paying is more being a thief.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Moved back to the denver area about 12 years ago, its has gotten worse and worse. I refuse to drive into denver for anything. The wife made an apt at a hospital downtown as the local place did not have the machines. Made her reschedule it up north a 45+ min longer drive.

Denver is starting to bus the homeless/migrants to other citys around colorado. Every busy intersection has groups of them trying to was your car windows.
View Quote

Wonder when they are going to try to dump some in Cheyenne. That would be ugly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#42]
"Remember... you wanted this"
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Its probably going to get interesting when self entitled ghetto thugs get denied/disrespected at the hospital in favor of illegals.  
View Quote

That's already happening. My favorite was when the "immigrants" beat the locals to free turkeys.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:07:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Now look at the hospitals in the smaller cities and town on Colorado.   Same issues all over the state and I can assure you, the rest of us outside the cesspool cities wanted no part of any of these consequences, voted against any type of "crimmigrant" assistance and spoke 'til we were blue in the face against these bullshit policies.  We are flatly ignored, much like they did with the mag bans and any number of other dipshit leftist fantasies.  It's become an ignorant drug addled shithole of a state and as soon as my family  responsibilities are no longer a concern there'll be  a vapor trail behind my fuck you I'm outta here ass.
View Quote

I wish you the best of luck on getting outta there.  If you don’t mind the heat we’d love to have you in Texas.  

Fucking Democrats ruin everything.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you or I go the ER for something minor it 5-10k.

If you don't pay it goes to collections.

If they can't get a garnishment they'll lein your house.

All while the illegals get a write off and hospital will likely be reimbursed by the gov somehow.
View Quote

Take a trip to border Mexico

Walk back across border.
“No habla ingels”

Congratulations on your free ER care and gov subsidy card… err, I mean new identity and semi-subsidized lifestyle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Coming to a healthcare system near you.
View Quote

I see it on a smaller scale every day. Illegals and homeless. I've seen some homeless people check into the ER half a dozen times in a normal week, just to get out of the weather and suck up free meals.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just say you are Canadian
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I see it on a smaller scale every day. Illegals and homeless. I've seen some homeless people check into the ER half a dozen times in a normal week, just to get out of the weather and suck up free meals.
View Quote

We had a homeless guy who used to hang out in our precinct lobby constantly. He got picked up by EMS at the precinct so often that we started getting medical bills from EMS and the nearby hospital mailed to the precinct like it was his address.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s already happening.  My doctor is private and I pay to have unlimited access immediately including home visits and phone access.  She has a limited practice.  I call and I will be seen in less than 3 hrs.  Usually it’s immediately. She takes my insurance and there is nothing to pay beyond my deductibles.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top