BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Having witnessed the vitriol my fellow conservative Americans feel towards Colorados conservatives, trapped behind enemy lines, it's gettin hard to care about the fate of others.  I'd like to congratulate the cunts on falling for the divide n conquer tactic, though.
View Quote
Expecting everybody else to participate in your suicide pact is fucking insane. The choice to stay there is yours. Sit and listen to the band on the Titanic if you want to but getting mad at others for pointing out reality is the act of an insane person.

Just leave. "but but my job my stuff my children's friends in school" blah blah.  Yeah, okay.  That hospital will kill you because you are white and a citizen so maybe treat the situation for what it really is. A rotten failed state that has to come apart the rest of the way before it the brains and will to get better.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wonder how long it will be before doctors setup like dentists in Mexican border towns.  I can get cash dental work for 1/4 the price by American dentists over there.    I wonder if that will be the future of more expensive medical care as well.  Can't force doctors to work in your country .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When are doctors gonna break free from the hospital systems and just go to cash only private practice?  Self solving problem if you aren't part of the BS system

@victorgonzales

20 years ago, hospital corporations were able to lobby the government to give them an additional 30% "facility fee" when they billed Medicare/Medicaid.  Private insurance soon followed.  This gave hospital corporations the financial leverage to take over private group practices.  It did require that the older docs sell out the younger docs, but they gladly did so to help maintain their income.  When our multi-specialty clinic voted to create an affiliation/professional service agreement with the local hospital, I voted against it.  Us younger guys were outvoted.  The result was that in the last ~ 15 years, most doctor's practices were eliminated and now ~ 75% of doctors work directly for a hospital corporation as W-2 employees.

You still have physicians' groups that can make it on their own without the 30% facility fee, but it's rough.  It's usually large orthopedic surgery, radiology, anesthesiology, etc groups that can generate a lot of income to take care of the overhead and turn a good profit.  Even my sister who is a dermatologist has a solo practice, but she spends a lot of free time managing it, billing, etc.  

What you're proposing is a practical impossibility, at least on a large scale.  There are so many regulations and red tape that the main way people make it work is direct billing of patients in the "concierge medicine" type practices.  They represent a small fraction of patient visits.  Most people can't afford it, certainly not most people on Medicaid and Medicare.  If private billing practices ever rose to a significant number, the government would crack down in it.  
I wonder how long it will be before doctors setup like dentists in Mexican border towns.  I can get cash dental work for 1/4 the price by American dentists over there.    I wonder if that will be the future of more expensive medical care as well.  Can't force doctors to work in your country .

@victorgonzales

Honestly, I have no clue how things will shake out.  There are too many variables and almost anything can happen.  Certainly border states can do that, but that doesn’t seem like a workable solution for the rest of the population.  

I grew up in Canada and, in the 1980’s, they banned private billing so docs could not just take private paying patients.  There are exceptions for services that are not paid for by government health insurance like cosmetic/plastic surgery, LASIK surgery, etc.  There are some private MRI machines due to the backlog as well.  The government likes to control everything so I don’t know what they will do here in the U.S.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Expecting everybody else to participate in your suicide pact is fucking insane. The choice to stay there is yours. Sit and listen to the band on the Titanic if you want to but getting mad at others for pointing out reality is the act of an insane person.

Just leave. "but but my job my stuff my children's friends in school" blah blah.  Yeah, okay.  That hospital will kill you because you are white and a citizen so maybe treat the situation for what it really is. A rotten failed state that has to come apart the rest of the way before it the brains and will to get better.
View Quote

How many times would you move?

Let's say WI goes full-California and you opt to run from it and move to WY, and then Jackson/Cheyenne outvotes the rest of the state so you move to Idaho and Boise outvotes the rest of hte state, so you move to Arizona and Phoenix is overrun by CA transplants so you move to Utah and SLC outvotes the red areas so you move to (insert state name here) and their largest metropolitan area votes to once again go full-lefty, so you move again.

How many times?  Seriously, from the comfort of your smug desk chair in WI, how many times until you are post-retirement age and have moved over a dozen times (like many of us have).  Oh,  what's that? you haven't moved ten times in the past decade?  -didn't think so
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How many times would you move?

Let's say WI goes full-California and you opt to run from it and move to WY, and then Jackson/Cheyenne outvotes the rest of the state so you move to Idaho and Boise outvotes the rest of hte state, so you move to Arizona and Phoenix is overrun by CA transplants so you move to Utah and SLC outvotes the red areas so you move to (insert state name here) and their largest metropolitan area votes to once again go full-lefty, so you move again.

How many times?  Seriously, from the comfort of your smug desk chair in WI, how many times until you are post-retirement age and have moved over a dozen times (like many of us have).  Oh,  what's that? you haven't moved ten times in the past decade?  -didn't think so
View Quote
lol. You are staying and making a stand? By bitching at people that know what is happening to your state?

"Oh no someone on a forum hurt my feelings" doesn't seem like making a stand to me. That's huddling in a corner getting mad at the person saying the house is on fire.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Harsh but fair.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
CO could revert back to a conservative bastion….with a few key moves.   Come on CO.  I’ll move back in a heartbeat.
View Quote

Maybe if the majority of the residents of its largest cities were suddenly struck down by a plague
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Choice to stay?  My family farm is here, over 100 years old.  Don't worry, your state will turn liberal too as the party of free stuff is unbeatable.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]
More free clawt shawts is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now look at the hospitals in the smaller cities and town on Colorado.   Same issues all over the state and I can assure you, the rest of us outside the cesspool cities wanted no part of any of these consequences, voted against any type of "crimmigrant" assistance and spoke 'til we were blue in the face against these bullshit policies.  We are flatly ignored, much like they did with the mag bans and any number of other dipshit leftist fantasies.  It's become an ignorant drug addled shithole of a state and as soon as my family  responsibilities are no longer a concern there'll be  a vapor trail behind my fuck you I'm outta here ass.
View Quote

By then they'll have instituted an exit tax like California is trying. You won't be able to AFFORD to leave.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just say you are Canadian
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Theoretical question, what if a guy had a minor emergency, something non life threatening but needed attention, a broken arm maybe.  He's a US citizen but no health insurance.  He knows the ER visit will be $10k and wipe him out financially.  Is it in the guys interest to pretend to be illegal?  Tell the ER that he's Juan from Peru?  No habla the English?

Just say you are Canadian

Jesus Murphy, that idea is a beauty!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All they have to say is, "Estas por tu cuenta!"

Paying patients?
View Quote

Probably, paying citizens are getting fucked whenever they step foot in a hospital.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Amazing, I had to pay out over $20k in med bills over a 3 year period.  The bills just kept coming and they were relentless.  I’m sure they will do the same as they charge Fernando for their services.  

Our country is broken and the good people continue to get fucked over on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Is this real accounting? or hosputal accounting?

I want to see their financials before I beleive any bullshit that is spewed from the Medical Industrial Complex...they are full of fucking thives liars, and even worse MBAs
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
lol, welcome to what Texas hospitals have been dealing with for years.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Choice to stay?  My family farm is here, over 100 years old.  Don't worry, your state will turn liberal too as the party of free stuff is unbeatable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is in Wisconsin, they are already being over run by FIBs from Chicago.  
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top