Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So basically going forward, life is going to be a mashup of Idiocracy and Starship Troopers.  Got it.
View Quote

I hope its bug aliens or hot chick ones, im cool either way.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How else do you dismantle Christian beliefs and usher in the one world rule?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's fake news.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm guessing someone else has read The Killing Star as well...

ETA: It's depressing how few people got the point of that book. It answers the Fermi paradox all too well, and I have yet to see anyone give a theoretical counter to their conclusion...which is abysmally depressing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If any of this is true, it could be a distraction to get people to stop rioting over bullshit... or a distraction from something terrible that's going on... or Trump wants people to know and he's worried he may not have much time left to get it out... or maybe something else entirely... or it's total bullshit.

I really hope its total bullshit.

If I were in Congress, I'd spend every waking moment trying to get SETI defunded and to outlaw further efforts to advertise our existence to the universe

ETA: It's depressing how few people got the point of that book. It answers the Fermi paradox all too well, and I have yet to see anyone give a theoretical counter to their conclusion...which is abysmally depressing.

Its depressing how so few people have no clue as to how SETI actually works.
Here's a clue:
They listen for radio signals.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah - the bastards are going to show up with their hands out.  The technology is not theirs.  The technology was developed by their first host race on their mutual planet of origin.  Welfare-d that host race into oblivion.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It will turn out to be a Joe Dirt meteor. You can tell by the peanut...
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I long for the days I only had to panic over a virus that has a 99.74% survival rate.

Toilet paper totally cleared off the shelves in 3...2...1

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Vulcans are first contact.  Their womenz have none of the Earth chick emotional baggage.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215362/523fffa4875a527570163dccb3fdd602_jpg-1517163.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if it's replicators?

I hope it's replicators just so my dream of belt fed shotguns becomes a reality
Vulcans are first contact.  Their womenz have none of the Earth chick emotional baggage.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215362/523fffa4875a527570163dccb3fdd602_jpg-1517163.JPG

They also only want the D once every 7 years, so they'll fit right into most mens' expectations for married life.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I long for the days I only had to panic over a virus that has a 99.74% survival rate.

Toilet paper totally cleared off the shelves in 3...2...1

View Quote

W/ all the anal probing thats going to occur, I can see the need for the TP!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#11]
So we got any updates or anything yet?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So we got any updates or anything yet?
View Quote
Safe thread.

Day 2.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
That thing is "off world" for years at a time, isn't It? Possible that it's making Previously unknown experimental materials in low/zero gravity along the way?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Your willing to believe that but In fairness God is science. They aren’t separate. Everyone is OK with “mind reading aliens” but not manifestations of spiritual forces (call them what you want). The Bible is full of demons, angels, etc making themselves seen among men. Everyone’s cool saying that we just don’t understand the science aliens use but scoff at spiritual forces that we don’t understand.....like that isn’t the same thing and can’t be undiscovered or unknown science.
View Quote

We don't know what we don't know, but people seem to have drawn clearly delineated lines between their lack of information (Not you).
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Space force and an enemy we will never see. Massive money hole
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone point out that he was quoting the NYT article that has since published a correction?

"Correction: July 24, 2020
An earlier version of this article inaccurately rendered remarks attributed to Harry Reid, the retired Senate majority leader from Nevada. Mr. Reid said he believed that crashes of objects of unknown origin may have occurred and that retrieved materials should be studied; he did not say that crashes had occurred and that retrieved materials had been studied secretly for decades."
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone point out that he was quoting the NYT article that has since published a correction?

An earlier version of this article inaccurately rendered remarks attributed to Harry Reid, the retired Senate majority leader from Nevada. Mr. Reid said he believed that crashes of objects of unknown origin may have occurred and that retrieved materials should be studied; he did not say that crashes had occurred and that retrieved materials had been studied secretly for decades."
View Quote

So, does this mean Ann-Margret's not coming?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

how does the presence of life outside earth invalidate Christian beliefs?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol. figures.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Forced perspective is a hell of thing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

More like the sun's gonna go red giant before the first one rolls off the assembly line
View Quote

You're right. That nut Elon will never make a single vehicle. It's all a scam to get investor money.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If aliens show up, give it 4 years at a minimum, better 7-10 years, before you trust or believe anything about them, the situation, etc. DO NOT TRUST THEM, NO MATTER WHAT.
View Quote

Donald Trump don't trust Aliens!  Aliens are asshoe!

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If there is a vehicle, or if there are off world vehicles here they are drones. No life form can make that distance.
View Quote

Only based in OUR level and understanding of technology. If the ability to fold spacetime (or einstein-rosen bridge could be made, etc), then distance becomes near meaningless.
The mindset that we understand everything possible drives me crazy.  Go back 100 years, and try explaining current semiconductor technology (like how we will be able to buy phones this year with CPU's built on 5nm technology..), and they will (at best) look at you like you have five heads. The worst thing we can ever do is write off something as impossible because we dont understand it right now.....
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

So when we tire of fucking strippers while they cry and tell daddy stories this is who we marry?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Space force protects? Does it have an Emperor yet? Does he also, maybe, protect? Inquiring minds want to know......

Basically, when should we break out the Heavy Bolters and PURGE SOME XENOS.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Only based in OUR level and understanding of technology. If the ability to fold spacetime (or einstein-rosen bridge could be made, etc), then distance becomes near meaningless.
The mindset that we understand everything possible drives me crazy.  Go back 100 years, and try explaining current semiconductor technology (like how we will be able to buy phones this year with CPU's built on 5nm technology..), and they will (at best) look at you like you have five heads. The worst thing we can ever do is write off something as impossible because we dont understand it right now.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there is a vehicle, or if there are off world vehicles here they are drones. No life form can make that distance.

"Occam cant help us now. He would have us burned at the stake."

Even our actual modern technology would be witchcraft 200 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh horse shit.

The film and TV industry is mostly about money. Money that has to partner with creative and weird people or is the creative and weird people.  Those two things produce what you see on screen most of the time.

There is certainly propoganda in the movies, but it is ether because the creative and weird people are emotional about something or trying to be edgy....or the money people WANT to get attention.    Hell, in LA, celebrities will call the press to tell them were they are about to go eat....and publically bitch about the invasion.  It is a win-win.
View Quote

Wait, first you say its horse shit, then go on describe some mechanisms by which said "propoganda" gets placed in movies...  

The idea that once aliens are found, humanity will be a united faction under a one world government is pervasive in all forms of media. The Antichrist will use a strong delusion to bring people together against a common enemy, which will be Jesus Christ. The armies of the world will be fighting against the 2nd coming under some pretense, likely that it's an alien invasion. The shape of New Jerusalem has even been mocked in alien shows, see: the borg ship in star trek.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of you falling for this big steaming load of BS.

And yes, all you responding with a to the above post - "alien contact", if it ever happens, will be faked and used as propaganda to control simple minded idiots that want to believe in space men. These unbelievably technologically advanced civilizations that can travel through the cosmos at will, who have perfected government and are here to tell us exactly what to do. Surely you want to listen to the advanced alien who tells you to turn in your guns and report to the nearest communist indoctrination camp, right? The advanced aliens will certainly either disprove God or claim to have visited as Jesus or something.

I believe this will happen when we have sufficient advanced technology to deep fake an alien being in real time, at minimum on television but possibly also something plausible in real life, from a distance.

Whatever happens with aliens, it will be faker than muh Russia.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aliens from another world does not dismantle Christian beliefs. Just for the Christians that interpret the Bible to mean what they want it to mean. The Bible doesn't say that there aren't any other worlds than the Earth. It's not even addressed because it's not relevant to mankind and his relationship with God. Also, it does not say that the Earth was created in 6 days as measured by the sun's rotation around the newly created Earth. Before the Earth was created, who knows how many millennia represent a "day" as far as God is concerned. A "day" for God might be one hundred million years or even much more than that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like I said. IMO

There is nothing in our universe appearing/disappearing. Everything in it adheres to the basic principle that keeps particles together. Time is powerful but I think there is a limit to what intelligence can do.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wait, first you say its horse shit, then go on describe some mechanisms by which said "propoganda" gets placed in movies...  

The idea that once aliens are found, humanity will be a united faction under a one world government is pervasive in all forms of media. The Antichrist will use a strong delusion to bring people together against a common enemy, which will be Jesus Christ. The armies of the world will be fighting against the 2nd coming under some pretense, likely that it's an alien invasion. The shape of New Jerusalem has even been mocked in alien shows, see: the borg ship in star trek.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh horse shit.

The film and TV industry is mostly about money. Money that has to partner with creative and weird people or is the creative and weird people.  Those two things produce what you see on screen most of the time.

There is certainly propoganda in the movies, but it is ether because the creative and weird people are emotional about something or trying to be edgy....or the money people WANT to get attention.    Hell, in LA, celebrities will call the press to tell them were they are about to go eat....and publically bitch about the invasion.  It is a win-win.

I never caught that.    

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#32]
The real story is that Tic Tac shaped UFO is being operated by... us.    It's an alien ship that they finally figured out how to drive and this is why the Space Force is rapidly being brought forward.

Why else would they create a Space Force without having space traveling vehicles?

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The real story is that Tic Tac shaped UFO is being operated by... us.    It's an alien ship that they finally figured out how to drive and this is why the Space Force is rapidly being brought forward.

Why else would they create a Space Force without having space traveling vehicles?

View Quote

they sent some diversity researchers to africa to uncover levitation technology from the kangs of old, it will turn the tide in WWIII
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And yes, all you responding with a to the above post - "alien contact", if it ever happens, will be faked and used as propaganda to control simple minded idiots that want to believe in space men. These unbelievably technologically advanced civilizations that can travel through the cosmos at will, who have perfected government and are here to tell us exactly what to do. Surely you want to listen to the advanced alien who tells you to turn in your guns and report to the nearest communist indoctrination camp, right? The advanced aliens will certainly either disprove God or claim to have visited as Jesus or something.

I believe this will happen when we have sufficient advanced technology to deep fake an alien being in real time, at minimum on television but possibly also something plausible in real life, from a distance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fear is a helluva drug.   The more vociferous a person is in refuting an unknown, you gotta believe, the more afraid of that unknown that person is.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Here's a clue:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If any of this is true, it could be a distraction to get people to stop rioting over bullshit... or a distraction from something terrible that's going on... or Trump wants people to know and he's worried he may not have much time left to get it out... or maybe something else entirely... or it's total bullshit.

I really hope its total bullshit.

If I were in Congress, I'd spend every waking moment trying to get SETI defunded and to outlaw further efforts to advertise our existence to the universe

Here's a clue:

Didn't SETI get shut down a long time ago?

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#36]

BINGO!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh horse shit.

The biblical cosmology clearly does not follow what "those people" are saying so clearly what you are saying makes sense.

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, for a reason. The bleeding ears were doing them no good. The sounds of the divine are too glorious for the uninitiated, with our proper protect. Once into the fold, brought to the bosom of the free people, Sol humanity will understand.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#39]
What if Covid is an alien bug. Their vehicle crashed in the hills of China. Some hills person cracked it open, made some soup and BAM pandemic? We wanted to prove the Chinese started the whole thing, we go over and find the ship?

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Nothing like a good UFO thread to bring out the Arfcom wackadoos
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Separating the sheep from the goats.

Study Bible 2 Thessalonians 2:
The Man of Lawlessness
…10and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. 11For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, 12in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.…
View Quote

i just dontbthink thats it.... maybe, but seems too '' cliche"  im lookin for something a lil more unexpected
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If god such an emense space why would he only occupy 1 little planet with us?  Why wouldn't god create other life elswhere?  Why does the existence of off world life dismantle anyones beliefs?
View Quote

because the point is we are the point! could he? sure! did he? i dunno
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If god such an emense space why would he only occupy 1 little planet with us?  Why wouldn't god create other life elswhere?  Why does the existence of off world life dismantle anyones beliefs?

In the creation account, God spent days creating the life on earth. The stars are a footnote on day 3. Could there be life out there? Maybe. From this, logic says it wouldn't be nearly as advanced as life on earth
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they are between the firmament and heaven they would all drown.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's exactly what they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if they aren't aliens but instead are interdimentional demons?

We're going to have keep people like you away from any of our interstellar visitors.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I hope its bug aliens or hot chick ones, im cool either way.
View Quote

The irony of your avatar and your comment is ironic.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if they aren't aliens but instead are interdimentional demons?

Please have a seat, we need to talk.

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah - the bastards are going to show up with their hands out.  The technology is not theirs.  The technology was developed by their first host race on their mutual planet of origin.  Welfare-d that host race into oblivion.
View Quote

That’s an interesting take on Uplift, that David Brin probably never considered.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes, for a reason. The bleeding ears were doing them no good. The sounds of the divine are too glorious for the uninitiated, with our proper protect. Once into the fold, brought to the bosom of the free people, Sol humanity will understand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should lay off the drugs. They've clearly damaged your ability to communicate coherently.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top