[#1]
...I no longer believe ....
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jesus Christ

OP wanna tell us how the earth is flat and we have deep earth lizard people living inside ?
View Quote
The lizard people walk the surface with skin suits.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I no longer believe we did,only because we can't seem to do now and the technology we have now compared to then is mind boggling more
View Quote
You say stupid shit like that because you have no understanding of what men with guts determination, experience and leadership could do in world not held back by lazy, stupid pussies that dick around with phones and video games all day and think that's what technology is.

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not to mention that Russia would have had a large red communist boner to prove that it was faked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somehow the 400,000 people who worked on the Apollo program managed to keep the world's biggest secret.

Not to mention that Russia would have had a large red communist boner to prove that it was faked.

This is the biggest proof we did....

I remember watching all of the Apollo flights as a young boy.  I remember watching the news when we lost three astronauts in the fire.

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:02:37 AM EDT
[#6]
WTF
Seriously.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I no longer believe we did,only because we can't seem to do now and the technology we have now compared to then is mind boggling more
View Quote

It's not simply a matter of technology.  It's a massive flex of industrial might and engineering.  It was a mammoth undertaking every single time they launched a Saturn V with dudes to the moon.

More advanced technology hasn't changed the basic fundamental problem of getting to the moon that you need to convert a tremendous amount of propellant into thrust to get even a modest amount of payload on a course for the moon.

Every Artemis moon mission coming up is going to be a similar order of magnitude of cost as building a Ford class aircraft carrier.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#8]
So, what I am seeing is 17% of GD are functional retards.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:22:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Of course we did.

How else were we supposed to verify that it was hollow?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:23:14 AM EDT
[#10]
We can do anything we have the funding for.  We had then funding to walk on the Moon then.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Of course we did.

How else were we supposed to verify that it was hollow?
View Quote

I thought it was cheese?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Somehow the 400,000 people who worked on the Apollo program managed to keep the world's biggest secret.

View Quote

I don't know how many people worked on the SR71 Blackbird nor the Stealth bomber but they managed to keep it a secret until the government released the details of the planes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 2:24:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Bang Zoom ...You're Going to the Moon!
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:03:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NASAs budgets was 2.7% of the US budget is 1969 and 100% of their funds was focused towards one thing, landing on the moon. It’s estimated that half a million people either directly or indirectly worked to make the moon landing possible.

In 2023 NASAs budget was 0.4%, and their moon efforts is a tiny percentage of their overall budget. I bet there isn’t more than a few hundred, maybe thousand people working on the moon program.

It’s not an issue of if we can do it, we can, it’s the lack of desire. The space race was a very unique situation that will likely never happen again. If we go to the moon again in our life time it will require identifying a demand that the private sector can step in to make it happen.

View Quote

We're going back in a few years, and we're definitely in a cold space race with China.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:03:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The moon is made of cheese.
View Quote
Exactly! If we had really been to the moon how come we only brought back rocks? Where's the cheese?

Sarcasm meter test.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:05:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ya know, as a guy who took his family to Kennedy space center in 2018, and was told we were done with the moon, not going back we're going for Mars.  This would have been a highly publicized event.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:06:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Walked on the moon, trotted on it, did the moon hop motion thing, drove cars side by sides on it, took pics on it and a lot more stuff on the moon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:13:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:17:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
we've walked on more than the moon, and we haven't been the first.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't know how many people worked on the SR71 Blackbird nor the Stealth bomber but they managed to keep it a secret until the government released the details of the planes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:22:22 AM EDT
[#21]
There’s literally physical proof left on the moon that we can see with cameras on satellites. Op is retarded
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Elon is already working on the stage for the Mars films and making martian rocks for every country on Earf.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Why “can’t” we do it now OP?  It’s simple Newtonian physics.  The technology really isn’t that complex.  The fact is, we don’t have a modern equivalent of the Soviet Union competing against us.  You can bet your ass if the Chinese were to come up with a viable and serious plan to set foot on Mars we would get really interested real quick.  

Then again with the current sorry assed state of things, maybe not.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Of course man has walked on the moon.

The Nazis built the moon as a space station and Hitler is hiding there now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Elon is already working on the stage for the Mars films and making martian rocks for every country on Earf.
View Quote

ALready been done

Capricorn One (1977) Trailer #1

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I want my vote back, OP is tarded.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that's not true. The myth people say often sis you can see the flag with a telescope, not even close.
From Earth they can shoot a laser and have a refleciton and time it from the relector they left on the moon. Be like saying you could take a pair of binos and read a licensce plate on the other side of Earth or further.
View Quote
The incredible pictures of equipment and tracks were taken by Japanese space craft orbiting the moon using really good optics and imaging equipment.

Definitely not using telescopes on earth.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I remember watching all of the Apollo flights as a young boy.  I remember watching the news when we lost three astronauts in the fire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their photos on the front page of our local newspaper were the first color photos I had ever seen in a newspaper, that shows how important they thought it was.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course we can do it now.  But it would cost a lot of money and take the dedication of the government, and we don't have that motivation right now.  Absolutely no reason to go.  So we don't.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#31]
My favorite video proving man walked on the moon:

Moon Landings Faked? Filmmaker Says Not!
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#32]
even this guy believed it

Gil Scott-Heron - Whitey On the Moon (Official Audio)
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL.  No, not really.  The sexy parts were secret, but the existence of them was known.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus Christ

OP wanna tell us how the earth is flat and we have deep earth lizard people living inside ?

Lizzid peeple!
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#37]
The lunar lander looked like it was made out of paper towel tubes and aluminum foil. You will never convince me that 6th grade science fair project made it all the way to the moon.

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Just take a look at your kitchen stove and your washing machines, the US never had the technology to get to the moon when we use here in the US still a stove heater plate design my Grandmother had already in the 1930s in Germany and the washing machines are shaky tubs that never clean anything.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
We can't do so now?

We have a number of active programs for return, at present.  Gateway launches maybe by the end of '24.  More Gateway launches after that, surface landing launches after that.  And so forth.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#40]
"Whadda ya do with somebody who thinks rasslin's for real and the Moon shot's a fake?"
The Late Great Lewis Grizzard
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#41]
OP needs to be punched in the face.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you think we had the tech to fake it back then?  

Just watch a few movies from the period.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Can I vote for yes and retarded?  If faked and found out, US would be the laughing stock of the world.  Too much to lose.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I blame the advancement of computer graphics for bullshit like this.  You can't believe photos and video anymore because of it.  But this tech did not exist in 1968...

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#45]
No.  Man did not walk on the moon.  Man did kind of a skipping/hopping low gravity stroll on the moon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OP needs to be punched in the face.
View Quote

If I used the ignore feature, this thread would provide a good list of those to put on it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I believe this is the greatest tragedy of all as we all regress as a society. Take events that everyone (even non-Americans,) and confuse or outright deny that one can be prideful of. It's important to de-construct any positives of the "Western World" so a more glorious world can be "ushered" in.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. OP, this is objectively easy to prove. One, there is video and photo evidence of our presence there. Ok, that can be faked sure but a good telescope pointed at the right spots you can see shit left up there. Kind of hard to fake that but ok it's possible I suppose given some advanced alien race might be involved to fool everyone. Ok, ok how about the Russians, Chinese, hell even the Indians now that can say "FAKE, FAKE there's no evidence the US walked on the moon." I mean they very much would want to undermine that accomplishment if they could. Finally you have telemetry (captured by Russia at the time I'm sure,) that can't be faked and of course the actual live men who were there and various videos/photos/etc. Not to mention the technology simply did not exist to pull of such a hoax; you have to believe all the above to be unsure that it actually happened.

What it was is a much different Country, filled with much different people all united in a single cause. Could we go back? Yes but it would take lots of money and many years to do it, we simply don't have the space lift capacity or logistics at this time. Chances are we couldn't fight two world wars and win them right now, that's how far we've fallen.

Sad really but events like the Moon Landing should be held up and used for the next "Moon Shot" to continue pushing our society forward. Personally I'd love to see us as a Nation prioritize space exploration but we've got to get our house in order first, too many challenges on Earth.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
NASAs budgets was 2.7% of the US budget is 1969 and 100% of their funds was focused towards one thing, landing on the moon. It’s estimated that half a million people either directly or indirectly worked to make the moon landing possible.

In 2023 NASAs budget was 0.4%, and their moon efforts is a tiny percentage of their overall budget. I bet there isn’t more than a few hundred, maybe thousand people working on the moon program.

It’s not an issue of if we can do it, we can, it’s the lack of desire. The space race was a very unique situation that will likely never happen again. If we go to the moon again in our life time it will require identifying a demand that the private sector can step in to make it happen.

View Quote

NASA isn't real. It's a government program created to launder money.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't think people actually don't believe we landed on the moon,  I think they just like to argue,  which is fine.  Its very entertaining.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There would have been so many people involved in the production of a phony moon launch and landing that someone would have surfaced with their "secret" long before now if it was phony.

It is really difficult to have that many people keep a secret for a week, and damned near impossible to keep that big of a secret quiet for around 50 years.

Like Hell's Angels used to say "Three people can keep a secret if two are dead."
View Quote

I think ben franklin said that first.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top