Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be worse.   I hear some places raised rates to 1200!

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They’ll still find a way in..

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It could be worse.   I hear some places raised rates to 1200!

View Quote

Muh upstairs room!
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Good. Wealthy are a small group. The less people supporting that shit company, the better.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm hoping my kids never even know the Disney parks exist. At this point, its difficult for me to imagine a less meaningful way to spend a vacation.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Pay good money for childhood indoctrination
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good. Wealthy are a small group. The less people supporting that shit company, the better.
View Quote

It will be a lot of middle class people running up credit card debt. They won’t lack for customers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]
It's called keeping the riff raff out. And fuck Disney too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
We took a FL vacation this spring.  We were gonna do Ratworld but saw manatees, went orange picking, and to the beach instead.  I’d like to think our activities were better in every way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We took a FL vacation this spring.  We were gonna do Ratworld but saw manatees, went orange picking, and to the beach instead.  I’d like to think our activities were better in every way.
View Quote

Is that what you thought or did the kids say that?

If you can get your kids to like the other stuff better, more power to you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If we restricted voting to property owners and those not on public assistance, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
View Quote

Then who would vote dem besides self hating whites.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
$100 for a sandwich that feeds 8?

$12.50 to feed each person? That’s fast food prices.

4 people spending 5 days on vacation at $6,000 total cost is $300 a day.

It costs me $300 a day to travel out of town for work. Not bad.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Of the roughly 18 percent who said they would be willing to go, those earning $175,000 or less seemed the most eager to take the vacation, while those with incomes over $150,000 being the least likely to take the vacation, even though they would be better able to afford it.

Poors: let's go to Disney.

Rich: $6,000/yr can go towards a condo we can visit any time and rent weekly for more cash flow.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is that what you thought or did the kids say that?

If you can get your kids to like the other stuff better, more power to you.
View Quote

My kids all really enjoyed it.  They’d usually rather hike or hit the beach than do most other things.

ETA: It’s worth mentioning that we stayed in Siesta Key, had seven people, and rented a house with a pool.  My kids knew Disney was an option but chose other stuff instead.  I think the only regret they had was our not being able to get to the space center.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
$100 for a sandwich that feeds 8?

$12.50 to feed each person? That’s fast food prices.

4 people spending 5 days on vacation at $6,000 total cost is $300 a day.

It costs me $300 a day to travel out of town for work. Not bad.
View Quote

$25 to feed 2 kids at McDonalds? Da fuq?

Ohh.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Based.

Keep the poors out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Disney is woke bullshit. Save your money.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#19]
On property hotels at Disneyland are expensive. But, there are only three of them. And there are at least a dozens hotels/motels within a 10 minute walk of the gates that are less than half the cost of the cheapest Disney hotel.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Something something economists something bell charts something index charts something.

If we profit 87 million a year with 50 million guests, or profit 87 million a year with 30 million guests, which would you pick in dealing with overhead?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Good less riff raff running around and stealing turkey legs
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Disney can go fuck its self. Not going, ever.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You fucking what lol.

Is this a thing?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I perfer Universal Studios In Orlando to Disney. I only go to Disney for galaxies edge. I basically do a one day trip go on the Star Wars rides and then I hopped back over to Universal
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Good. Hopefully people will quit going there and supporting their crap.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Standing in those long lines in 105+ degree heat right now doesn't sound fun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are hundreds of hotels in Orlando
View Quote

Kissimmee as well and you could take an Uber to the park and do a one day hopper which is like 200 and some dollars a person and see the whole park in one or two days either way cost money. I prefer going to Universal it’s just so much easier there’s more stuff to do
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bingo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keeping Disney from being vibrantly enriched by hood rats?

Bingo

Good! If I wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese I would.

I would pay anything to be away from them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck Disney, but Jesus, clickbait trash. $100 sandwich… that feeds eight. Hotel rooms that cost up to $800. The horror.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Their new Spider-Man animatronic.

Spiderman Animatronic Testing | Tech Preview from Disney

(1:55)

Spider-Man Swings Over Avengers Campus at Disneyland Resort
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You fucking what lol.

Is this a thing?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I’ve been to the Disney parks more times than I can remember. Never once did I have to pay due to family employee tickets.  It’s can be somewhat fun but it’s not all that.
Most parents look like hell after a few days with the kids definitely not a vacation for them.  It’s been at least 10 years since the last time I went, but there were generally more foreigner visitors.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fuck Disney, but Jesus, clickbait trash. $100 sandwich… that feeds eight. Hotel rooms that cost up to $800. The horror.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Bingo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Meh, that’s the clientele they deserve. Why should real Americans give those liberal anti gun hypocrites their business?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Disney has been raising prices since time began and they still pack that place full.

If they sold tickets cheap some neckbeard would scalp them
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly this.  Keeps out the Riff Raff.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I’m good with keeping the underclass out of as much of the society I interact with as possible. I don’t want to see their shitty cars at the store. I don’t want to hear them crying about the price of bologna going up. I don’t want to hear them bitching about medicine they need due to life choices they made being unobtainable.  Stay in the shadows and do whatever you do away from us.
View Quote

Excuse me good sir, may I inquire as to the name of the monthly periodical that you author? I would like to know the title of said publication and obtain a subscription. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Started taking my oldest son when he was 5. Have been at least 7 times since then including one trip out to Cali for Disneyland because Disneyworld didn’t have Carsland and he loved cars when he was younger. He is now 14 and we have 3 more boys from 7-3 years old range.

Took them year before last. Now that they are old enough to enjoy. Yes I hate paying Disny/ABC so they can corrupt the American family.

When we go we always stay at the premier sites that have the monorail going to it so we can get back to the hotel to take breaks quickly. We did animal kingdom once and missed the convenience of the monorail. Going back December of this year staying at a timeshare at the Polynesian which is my favorite place.

We haven’t went unless we stay at least 7 days and I haven’t got out of there without it costing me over 10k

I will say it again I HATE commie Disney but my kids are raised right and you can’t get these moments back.

These prices keep what happened at Seaworld from happening there most of the time. If you want rich and vibrant Disney springs still has those elements from our last visit due to it being free.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#41]
WTF would pay to go that shithole?  Have you ever heard of the outdoors?  Fuck that shithole. Thank God my father had a set of balls and said no to mom on going to this shithole.  Did I mention is a shithole?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Sounds good to me. They should double the rates from where they are and then maybe it won’t be so fucking crowded.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If we restricted voting to property owners and those not on public assistance, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Haven't been there since 1971. Wasn't very much there in comparison to now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
WTF would pay to go that shithole?  Have you ever heard of the outdoors?  Fuck that shithole. Thank God my father had a set of balls and said no to mom on going to this shithole.  Did I mention is a shithole?
View Quote

You might be surprised to find out that you can go to Disney and go do stuff outdoors.
The last time we went we spent three days at the park and then 7 days on the beach with one of those days out shark fishing.
Next month we will be spending three days at parks although not Disney this time and then 7 beach days while me and my son are going to go gator hunting one of those days.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#46]
To Hell with Disney & all who support that demonic abhorrence of a company.
It’s simple, don’t go.  There, you saved at least $5K.
Never been, never will, Disney will never get a dime from me.
Wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire, but I would look for flammables to help it burn hotter.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You fucking what lol.

Is this a thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You fucking what lol.

Is this a thing?

There was a post few weeks back showing some white supremacists at a theme park in the midwest IIRC stealing turkey legs from a snack bar and fighting each other and security.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Meh.  I'd rather spend a week in Paris, Munchin, Geneva, Verona, or Prague.
View Quote
No kidding....  would he a more enriching experience for the kids as well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sadly, this is a big driving factor. The only thing that discourages a family destination vacation more than the expense is if that destination becomes known for it’s vibrancy and risk.

BTW- I am speaking of bad behavior being excused as “culture” not anybody’s skin tone.

Another factor is the complaints of long lines for the attractions and reservations for rooms required to be booked more than a year in advance. Sorry, but IF the market will bear it, the easiest way to cut wait times without spending capital or losing revenue is to RAISE PRICES.

Don’t forget the COVID shutdown. Disney lost Billions in revenue while still incurring major expenses from maintenance, utilities, taxes and other costs. No doubt there is a plan to mitigate those loses.  

The good news is that the article is really spotlighting the MOST expensive options. In Orlando, if you stay off-site in a VRBO Condo, plan major meals “at home” work out a schedule to make the most of your time in each park and take advantage of multi-day tickets plus other “hacks” you can find (with a little Online research) you can really cut costs.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You might be surprised to find out that you can go to Disney and go do stuff outdoors.
The last time we went we spent three days at the park and then 7 days on the beach with one of those days out shark fishing.
Next month we will be spending three days at parks although not Disney this time and then 7 beach days while me and my son are going to go gator hunting one of those days.
View Quote

I am surprised by that. Is the gator hunting booked through Disney?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top