BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They spent a billion dollars building a complete star wars city that no one has ever heard of that is not in any of the movies and made this lady the main character:

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/b5f76ce04b0995688eb042f1fe60a1e3/5DBB0398/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/c0.180.1440.1440/s640x640/62247749_119379205989761_7932110496219321050_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

What did they expect??
View Quote
Gelflings have joined the rebellion?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
1.  When Family Guy and Robot Chicken are producing better and more entertaining Star Wars than Star Wars is, you have a problem.

2.  Red Vs. Blue was more entertaining than ALL the SW movies except the first, and that model may be the future of entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1.  When Family Guy and Robot Chicken are producing better and more entertaining Star Wars than Star Wars is, you have a problem.

2.  Red Vs. Blue was more entertaining than ALL the SW movies except the first, and that model may be the future of entertainment.
View Quote
It doesn't help that Kennedy and Johnson are team killing fucktards.

m
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If a light saber shot out of their phones, they may watch it........for about 12 parsecs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a good documentary on HULU called "The People vs. George Lucas" that dates from 2010 and goes into the problems with the franchise as far as the fans and Lucas is/was concerned.
View Quote
Disney has done far, far more damage to the franchise then George Lucas could dream of.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I just want to finish The Clone Wars series.    Will check out The Mandalarion, just because Dave Filoni is involved.   Done with the movies.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The 70’s Kenner toys will go the way of Beenie Babies in a few years - worthless.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree that kids aren't into Star Wars. The appeal of Star Wars, mostly to boys, was to be the hero. SW had 2 masculine heroes, Luke and Han and every boy age 4-9 (maybe older) in 1977 came out of Star Wars wanting to be one or the other.

Who's the hero now that kids would like to be? My 4 year old son pretends to be Hulk or Spider-man because the books I read him show those heroes doing hero things.
View Quote
There's some truth in this post.

The viewer's ability to associate and relate to a lead character either is or is not hampered by the sameness or difference in race, sex or sexual orientation.  Pick a side.  You can't say it's necessary to have a strong female, non-white or gay lead character so that females, non-whites and gays can relate to the character out of one side of your mouth but at the same time out of the other side then expect male, white, straight viewers to be able to relate to the female, non-white or gay characters.

It may be inconvenient to the left, but there are a larger % of boys that are going to want to come the rescue of girls and a larger % of girls that are going to be fine with Prince Charming coming to their rescue than there are boys who want to be rescued by Princess Charming and girls who want to have to go rescue the boys they like.

And when it comes to the entertainment arena where all the dollars are from voluntary spending, pandering to a small subset of the population is a recipe for poor sales and a lack of interest.

It doesn't mean that a role reversal story can't be entertaining. They can. But they are entertaining in part BECAUSE they are not normative and offer a twist. But that isn't what the left wants to present.  They want to present the twist as being normative. And that's when people start to lose interest even if they can't really put their finger on why.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Star Wars Rise of Skywalker Rumor: The WORST I've Ever HEARD!
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not winning over kids because it sucks ass.  Disney threw quality writing and story lines out so they could chase that SJW bandwagon.  The problem is, the SJW demographic is very small and very stingy.  You're talking about people who want everything for free.  Why would they pay for your shit?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think there's a much bigger issue facing studios and cable tv and tv streaming services in the long run- kids don't watch tv and movies the way the rest of us do.

My 12 year old will binge watch a half dozen episodes of Futurama or Venture Bros once a week, maybe, but otherwise has no interest in watching tv or movies.  He'd rather watch people streaming video games on Twitch, or watch 4 knuckleheads goof around on Youtube or watch badly animated stories about funny events in history on Youtube.  His friends are the same. My coworkers' preteen and teen kids are the same.

He has zero interest in anything Star Wars.  He had some of the toys when he was 6, but now it doesn't even register for him.

We've got a whole generation growing up that doesn't give a shit about Hollywood tv or movies.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Story, character development, etc etc are what ultimately made it compelling.  These are things that the new trilogy lack.  The non trilogy movies were awesome though and did just this.
View Quote
The character development was kinda shallow in the original three.

Han learns to care about people other than himself.

Leia hooks up with Han.

Luke grows up from being a kid with dreams to a real deal Jedi.

Nothing at all unusual, complex or even nuanced about those themes.  I just summed up three films worth of character development in less that 30 words.

The problem is that Rey can go toe to toe in a lightsaber duel, never having held a lightsaber before, with Darth Emo.

The fortunate thing is that the original trilogy didn't have hack writing like that. Luke didn't face off against Vader until he had had significant training...and he was still over matched.  Not to mention Luke actually had good and wise mentors and he was the flawed kid who wouldn't heed their advice.  In the new trilogy, Ra's mentor is a whiny, self-doubting coward who she has to shake out of his slumber.  She's actually the parent in these relationships because she's a Mary Sue.  When she foolishly rushes off to turn Darth Emo to the light side and steps into Snoke's trap...Snoke dies. It's just poor writing.

So it isn't really that there isn't character development, it just that what story there is is full of hack writing and plot points that just don't make much sense.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Disney is trying to milk Star Wars for all its worth. IMHO, I think many of the people that Disney is aiming at can't relate because they weren't around for the whiz-bang of Star Wars I. The last Star Wars movie I saw was Star Wars 4 with Jar Jar Binks, and after that no more. Today most young people are into Japanese anime
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They’re not going to turn things around until they come out and say that they ducked up. They were wrong, they’re sorry, and they’re going to fix things by doing x, y, and z.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]
#1) kids aren't stupid, they know when someone's peddling them shit and they're not gonna waste their time

#2) Disney is run by dicks who have no passion for the story... it's purely a cash machine to them and their products quality fits the standard accordingly..
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My 12 yr old said the same.

Hopefully Rey will be caught by a bounty hunter and put in a metal bikini
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 6yo told me nobody liked Star Wars anymore because they made it dumb.
My 12 yr old said the same.

Hopefully Rey will be caught by a bounty hunter and put in a metal bikini
I'd watch that , but only after downloading it from the internet
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Galaxy's Edge Failure | First Reaction to Kinda Star Wars Land
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The 70’s Kenner toys will go the way of Beenie Babies in a few years - worthless.
View Quote
The new age of collectors are buying Marvel and DC figures.

The Dark Knight Rises and other figures are very accurate and run $500.00 even on Ebay

The older collectors will pay $$ for accurate figures and don't care about the newer Star Wars characters.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
And because of Disney Star Wars Detours was canceled.

Fuck Disney
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Star Wars was cool at first because there was nothing like it.
Now there are lots of things like it and it doesn't do anything to stand out from the rest of them.
View Quote
Lots of truth in here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Movies failed because they suck and shit on 40+ years of expanded universe content.
View Quote
Boom. Right on.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#22]
It doesn't help for kids that the toys suck. LEGOs are stupid expensive and if you play with them at all they fall apart and you have a been of LEGO pieces

even the bigger toys sucked.

The toys from back in the 70's and 80's kicked ass and we're tough.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:09:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ve heard that same rumor multiple places.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:14:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There's a good documentary on HULU called "The People vs. George Lucas" that dates from 2010 and goes into the problems with the franchise as far as the fans and Lucas is/was concerned.
View Quote
The young generation doesn't like the Disney Star Wars because they are shitty movies, period. You can argue all you want about how good or bad the prequels were, but the Disney movies have no soul.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:30:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Too much screwing with the overall plot line. Including the fucking stupid changes in the special edition versions of the original movies. Han shoots first M-Fer!!!

Instead of writing good movies with consistent plots and story arcs, these retards are killing Star Wars by injecting their libtard SJW values and total lack of morals into the stories.

Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:02:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hollywood Disney is out of ideas and can't adapt to a new market. They aren't writing new scripts, they're trying to ride their own coattails by remaking every movie they can with an SJW twist.
View Quote
Writing non heroic scripts that shits on boys and men and appeals to feminists and fags isn't a winning strategy
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:13:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Star Wars is dead to me. Loved the movies as an 80s kid.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The young generation doesn't like the Disney Star Wars because they are shitty movies, period. You can argue all you want about how good or bad the prequels were, but the Disney movies have no soul.
View Quote
Agreed. I always chuckle whenever someone claims that these newest Star Wars films are superior to the prequels. They're not.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:19:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Movies failed because they suck and shit on 40+ years of expanded universe content.
View Quote
This and Get Woke Go Broke.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:45:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Darth Maul in a Podracer; now that would have been awesome
View Quote
Star Wars pod racing themed mario kart, with darth maul.  Now that would be something.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess not a lot of people checked out the Star Wars Creators film at Disney? 10 minute presentation thanking the fans for years of loyalty, HALF of which is dedicated to saying how great females are, how the female fans carried the films, and the female support makes Star Wars happen.

Because it was my sister, not myself and my brother buying hundreds of dollars in SW merch yearly, that kept SW alive.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I got a cast member preview of the orlando star wars.

Seeing the falcon up close took me back to my child hood.

The ride was terrible, the food expensive. We spent $35 on two drinks at the cantina, the cups were shaped in such a way to provide as minimal drink as possible.

The cantina, goodness fucking gracious, they have the most iconic cantina in existence, mos eisley, a wretched hive of scum and villainy but no we need Oga's cantina like what the fuck.

It's like they want you to forget all the original movies while they shove all this new shit no one cares about in your face.

Friend had a $100 droid break by the time he got it home.
I will not be wasting even my free tickets to go back. Fuck that place.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This, I was really pissed off they just threw away all the stuff that was in the books and games.
View Quote
I wrote off star wars after the 2nd trilogy, I gave them 2 chances to unfuck it after A New turd (Hope).  Have not seen anything since, and apparently that is actually a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
30 seconds of Jar Jar.
I walked out.
View Quote
I watched ep 2 and 3 hoping they would kill him off.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They should give Porkins his own movie. Couldn't be any worse than the recent ones.

Fuckin' SJW's have managed to kill Star Wars, Star Trek, and Doctor Who all within the same year.
View Quote
You would think that at some point the executives would figure it out and get rid of the shitbird SJWs who are fucking things up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Big, big spoilers condensed from various sites, mostly makingstarwars and theforce.net...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#37]
One of my fondest memories as a kid was watching A New Hope at the drive-in with my family. Although I was too young to appreciate the nuance at the time, episodes 4, 5, and 6 were a triumph in storytelling, character development, and special effects.

A scant forty years later we have Darth Many Sue Ren picking up a lightsaber for the very first time and vanquishing Darth Emo's ass.

Darth Mary Sue is the perfect allegory for modern feminism. A throwaway, utterly forgettable character who expects the same abilities and glory as her more toxic counterparts, without having to put in even a modicum of effort to achieve it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:...mos eisley...
View Quote
The fact that they willfully did not make Mos Eisley is the only litmus test that matters.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I’ve heard that same rumor multiple places.
View Quote
I watched this one while I was driving to the post office today
Why Disney is Destroying Star Wars: The Latest Rumor!
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Rian Johnson killed Star Wars in ways that put the prequels to shame.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#41]
For me it was in The Force Awakens when they literally had R2 under a dusty tarp. BB-8 as the new hotness and all the characters we knew and loved were just junk.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I was a kid in 1977 and saw the orignial in the movie theatre. I was liked Buck Rodgers better, I thought Star Wars was meh.

Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They spent a billion dollars building a complete star wars city that no one has ever heard of that is not in any of the movies and made this lady the main character:

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/b5f76ce04b0995688eb042f1fe60a1e3/5DBB0398/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/c0.180.1440.1440/s640x640/62247749_119379205989761_7932110496219321050_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

What did they expect??
View Quote
They expected billions of dollars from liberal sjw retards to come rolling in.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Should have concentrated on telling a good story; of which SJW isn't.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#45]

We've got a whole generation growing up that doesn't give a shit about Hollywood tv or movies.
View Quote
Given the way things have been going perhaps that is a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#46]
The fighters were cool and and Erin Grey was six kinds of hot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Big, big spoilers condensed from various sites, mostly makingstarwars and theforce.net...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I can’t wait for that shitshow.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wrong.  They've been steadily increasing in price for years. They really took off after TFA.  People like me who were kids of the 70's and 80's now have disposable income and we dont like the new movies.  Those toys will never be worthless.  I'll buy them all!??
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I agree on the cantina thing. Why the blue fuck they didn't do the mos eisley cantina is beyond me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Obi Wan tells Luke to be careful in Mos Eisley and the first thing that happens when they get to the bar is Walrusman and Dr. Pigface try to kill him.

Han tells Rey and whatshisface to be careful in the bar on that planet and the first thing that happens is everyone yells "Norm!" and Sophia from the Golden Girls shows up.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top