Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
1)  She already has a boyfriend.
2) The house and money are about to leave you.
3) She doesn't really want to be friends.
4) She's going to take you for every penny possible.
5) Hide as many assets as possible.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Go get marriage counseling with a professional counselor somewhere and try to get her to work on the marriage with you.  Assing you're a decent guy, she's a fool to throw it all away by thinking the grass is greener elsewhere.  That's a big lie.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks man. As most have said, get a lawyer and don't let her convince you to share to save money or whatever BS. Also, people that stay "friends" are full of shit unless they both wanted out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She promised that she would not ask me for any of my gun stuff, and I have a decent collection with lots of reloading gear.

Trust me, she is not cheating, but I think she wants the life of some of her younger girlfriends.

All she asked for is what she is entitled to by law.  Is that 50% of the assets?  If so, that is going to hurt even though I have been the primary breadwinner for most of the years, bringing home at least 75% of the income, at times 100%.  I realize that that it isn't all about income but I also do a lot around the house, helping wherever I can.  I wanted financial freedom and she wants to be free of being a wife.

Kids are grown so child support is not an issue.
View Quote
She can make promises till the cows come home, but that goes out the window once a lawyer gets involved.  Listen to what she says, and know that it will change.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Go get marriage counseling with a professional counselor somewhere and try to get her to work on the marriage with you.  Assing you're a decent guy, she's a fool to throw it all away by thinking the grass is greener elsewhere.  That's a big lie.
View Quote

Once the wench tells you straight up she wants a divorce, there's no going back.  Maybe do this to buy time to prep before pulling the eject lever, but no, hell no.  You don't reward betrayal with forgiveness, not after 20+ years.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
When dreams are shattered and hopes are dashed,
goals upon the shoals have crashed,
when gladness is but a memory dear
let us endeavor to persevere.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry bro but it happens. Lawyer up. Once it is over your life will dramatically improve. As folk age the power shifts from the pretty young girls to the older settled and established man.
It is good to be an older single guy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Could be worse. You could have paid for a pussy rejuvenation as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She promised that she would not ask me for any of my gun stuff, and I have a decent collection with lots of reloading gear.

Trust me, she is not cheating, but I think she wants the life of some of her younger girlfriends.

All she asked for is what she is entitled to by law.  Is that 50% of the assets?  If so, that is going to hurt even though I have been the primary breadwinner for most of the years, bringing home at least 75% of the income, at times 100%.  I realize that that it isn't all about income but I also do a lot around the house, helping wherever I can.  I wanted financial freedom and she wants to be free of being a wife.

View Quote
"By Law" in Utah means whatever the courts say it means. Zero......ZERO fucks given by family courts regarding "laws".
Before this is over you will think of the "west desert option".
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Welp, if she wants an even split then good for you. Stay friendly till its over so she doesnt get indignant and greedy.

Sux this is happening to you, but when its over cut ties, dont try that "friends" bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Pray.  Get help from church.  I almost ruined my marriage and God, prayer, and the church helped us, we are stronger then ever with another child on the way.  It is not easy but it can work.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Freedom to ride the cock carousel

Does she have single friends at work?

Best of luck , it does get better
View Quote
Damn that is harsh.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn that is harsh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Freedom to ride the cock carousel

Does she have single friends at work?

Best of luck , it does get better
Damn that is harsh.
Harsh but true.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Harsh but true.
View Quote
Yeah, but he should have just stuck with the basic ribs like, "Dude you are going to lose half your shit and the ice trays".
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Get legal advice.  There is a program called Spector.  If legal in your area, put it on your machines.  It's invisible to the user.  It will email you (to another computer) a copy of everything that goes in or out of your home computer.  It screen shots the computer.  You can have a complete inventory of everything that happens.

I would be at work and receive a real time copy of every email my dearly beloved sent and received from her boyfriend.

We were together 17 years.

Be really careful if she is religious. Mine was a member of a sect that did not believe in divorce.  So, if that's what your girlfriends believe, and you want a divorce, what do you do?  Answer- accuse your husband of abuse.  I went through 4 years of that.

But I made it through.  It was hell, and it almost killed me.  In fact, one of the emails I intercepted was from her auxiliary cop boyfriend who promised to take care of me after she whined about what a beast I was.

After living through that torture, including being arrested and jailed, we went to trial and I got physical and legal custody of my sons, use and possession of the house, automobile and furnishings, and child support from the unemployed and "disabled" ex.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
If she truly feels that way right now, pound that divorce through ASAP.  Like set your pen on fire type get on it now.

Agree with her about moving on, tell her that if she's done there's no point in pining after a lost cause and shove divorce papers in front of her with assets split as close to 50% as you can get.

The longer you wait, the more variables enter the picture.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone married in Utah is a fool.

Under the "family friendly" vanier are extremely powerful groups of rabid anti conservative man hating progressives.....that believe it is their sacred duty to destroy this country one man at a time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

She wants to remain friends so you can keep paying for her to bang new guys. I am so sorry.  Hang in there.

Get a lawyer tomorrow.  Follow the lawyers advice.  Sadly from this point forward, you can no longer trust the woman that was your partner for 27 years.  It is soulcrushing but true.  Be strong.
View Quote
Also this.  What was once your most trusted partner is no more trust worthy than a random person walking down the street....but they have access to your entire life with force of law to prevent you from stopping them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to hear.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Never trust a woman that had a boob job. Fuck her a lot but don't trust her.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Life got boring, never let life get boring
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If she truly feels that way right now, pound that divorce through ASAP.  Like set your pen on fire type get on it now.

Agree with her about moving on, tell her that if she's done there's no point in pining after a lost cause and shove divorce papers in front of her with assets split as close to 50% as you can get.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. You may want to believe her now but your first action should be to protect yourself in the event that the divorce goes bad and stylistically it is not in your favor.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My divorce is about mental illness and abuse.  Sex and money issues were just two of the many casualties.
View Quote
Wow, I didn't know you got hit too.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Move on and good luck.
View Quote
Sorry brother.  Fuck her.  Move on to some new Asian poonchang.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We have decent cars that are paid for, a paid off house, and money in the bank.
View Quote
believe it or not, these things are less important than you might think.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm in Alabama, went through a divorce a few years ago and my lawyer told me the same thing. Said I could have HD video for the judge and it likely would have no impact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it were me, I'd be trying to get some personal time with her phone to find evidence.  And/or hire a PI.

If she's cheating it won't go well for her in court.

Best of luck to you OP.
Cheating might not matter, depending on state.
I'm in Alabama, went through a divorce a few years ago and my lawyer told me the same thing. Said I could have HD video for the judge and it likely would have no impact.
Judge flat out told my lawyer and I if we did prove adultery he wasn't going to do anything about it. He wanted to make sure that he got that out of the way so we weren't wasting everyone's time.

Good luck OP! Pick your battles. In the end a lot of things you believe matter now won't once you've spent thousands on attorney fee's and years in court.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When ever a someone says they still want to be friends, that's just code for "I want to use you"
View Quote
Your my fallback plan and piggybank to fund my search for a better guy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When women gets boob jobs they get a lot of new attention from other men

The woman starts to think she has missed out and becomes unsettled in her relationship.

You can either ride it out or eject.
View Quote
This.

Hide your valuables and money, and get a good lawyer like yesterday. Right now is not the time for emotions, later. Right now focus on getting whats yous in court , period. Dont mt let yourself be manipulated in these shitty times.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dance monkey, dance!

And keep that wallet open.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#32]
And now let's get the rest of the story, you asked for help, there is a shit ton more than just this, whatcha do man?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And now let's get the rest of the story, you asked for help, there is a shit ton more than just this, whatcha do man?
View Quote
Lol most  men dont do something to deserve divorce, women just  get bored with having g it easy. She wants to freely date and get attention from men again, after all its her nature.

Let this be a lesson to any men thinking of marrying. All women are like that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Judge flat out told my lawyer and I if we did prove adultery he wasn't going to do anything about it. He wanted to make sure that he got that out of the way so we weren't wasting everyone's time.

Good luck OP! It will get better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it were me, I'd be trying to get some personal time with her phone to find evidence.  And/or hire a PI.

If she's cheating it won't go well for her in court.

Best of luck to you OP.
Cheating might not matter, depending on state.

Good luck OP! It will get better.
You never want to put yourself in a position of thinking the court will do what's fair because they will not. Get her to sign as soon as possible before you end up really screwed. Put a carrot in front of her to get things signed and move on.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry to hear that. Kids involved or not? If not, fuck her just cut and move on.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#36]
She already has a stable full of young new fuck toys.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
1)  She already has a boyfriend.
2) The house and money are about to leave you.
3) She doesn't really want to be friends.
4) She's going to take you for every penny possible.
5) Hide as many assets as possible.
View Quote
This...if you think she isnt fucking one, possibly several different people you're delusional.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll tell you what dad told me.

"I know it's not in your nature son, but you gotta get mean. As mean as a son of a bitch. She ain't your friend no more and damn sure not your lover, so forgot about all that stuff and move on. Mostly though just get mean."
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, it's best toi start taking on that mind-set sooner rather than later when they are gone.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#40]
sorry to hear that sm68

Its been in the works from her end much longer than shes been letting on

Chicks never let go of 1 branch until they have firm hold on another

The lets be friends game is a ploy to further exploit you emotionally and financially

Contact the best divorce attorney in town and follow their advice and instructions to the T

best of luck
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have decent cars that are paid for, a paid off house, and money in the bank.
Okay, that doesnt mean he shouldn't just give them to her though....so whats your point? He should  fight for whats his.

OP, your woman cannot be trusted from here on out btw, dont talk to her unless its through your lawyer.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dance monkey, dance!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dance monkey, dance!

After 30 years Still have my house, my money and all my possessions. Enjoy your shitty apartment while you pay your ex to enjoy her new life without you
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When ever a someone says they still want to be friends, that's just code for "I want to use you"
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#44]
This is how you handle this, trust me:

1. Make your personal happiness a priority in your life. Starting right now.
2. Be nice to her and don't expect anything from her.

Regarding #1: When I went through this I was certain that I could not live without her. Approval from her was the most important thing in my life and I was willing to do anything to get it. This, of course made me miserable and solidified in her that I wasn't worth any kind of compromise or patience. As soon as I started valuing myself and my happiness, what she thought of me stopped mattering at all. I pursued my own interests and self improvement. To quote cyclist Phil Gaimon, "Don't change. Just get better." Self-worth, self-improvement, fitness, and learning helps with....

(#2) being nice to her. The more you try to make her feel bad about her boobs, her life, her choices, or the marriage, the more you're validating the fact that she's better off without you. Facts don't matter. If she doesn't want to be with you, stop trying to talk her out of it. It took me a while to realize that I was trying to win an argument that I would be better off not winning. If she wants out then you deserve the peace of a complete life without her. Let her walk. If you're meant to be together, the only thing that will illuminate that is your willingness to let her choose her path in peace. If this is a Princess Bride Scenario, it'll all work out in the end. If it's not, the sooner you're a complete healthy person without her, the better.

Sorry to hear about this. For me, it was less than a year from the boob job. As I was languishing in misery, a good friend told me, "It will get better. You'll be fine." I didn't believe it, but he was exactly right. Be yourself. Find happiness, it's out there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#45]
start leaving the seat up brochacho.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, her lawyer will tell her that she is entitled to 100% of assets and 100% of your future earnings.

Sounds like she wants out of it quickly. Use that to your advantage.  It sounds like your wife may be a good person and decent.  I know mine was, she just wanted other things, there was no infidelity involved. It just happens.  We sat down, spoke about it openly, and divided it all up on paper.  I was the bread winner, so I made the case for what I thought we each should walk away with.  It was OK for a couple of months, then her father probably talked to her, and she wanted more money right before it was final.  It wasn't much, so I said, yes, that is fair and refinanced my mortgage.  I knew she wanted out quickly, so I had a little bit of leverage.

Most guys on here will say go nuclear, and I agree with them if it's contested outright, or kids are involved, but it's possible to do it amicably and uncontested.  I would advise trying that road first.. it's cheaper, faster and you BOTH walk away with more money.  At the end of the day, you have to live with your decisions, and I found it easier to commit to exhausting all uncontested means before getting into legal Armageddon.  My ex and I are both doing well, and I see her every now and again.  Life is too short for enemies.. if you can help it.

MOST IMPORTANTLY... keep your head straight.  Hit the gym, meditate, hike, run in circles for an hour, work harder at your job, find a new hobby, find god, go to church, whatever!  Divorce can really fuck you up, you need to commit to your mental health first and foremost.

Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Also this.  What was once your most trusted partner is no more trust worthy than a random person walking down the street....but they have access to your entire life with force of law to prevent you from stopping them.
View Quote
556guy's words are strong and true.  Let them shed light on your decision making. I'd have my important articles in my vehicle at this point.

Shields up Captain!!!

regards,

3 beer Bounce
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe find one that’s already had her boob job and mid life crisis before marrying is the answer?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Can you get a refund on the boobs?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Depends, some women don't know the combo to the safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone that asks GD for divorce advice ......well, you know.
Unfortunately, many of the guys (me included) are speaking out of experience.

Quoted:
Do you get to keep half of the tits that you paid for?  it's only fair.

I'm sorry for your misfortune.
I asked this question during the mediation. It did not sit well. Apparently there is a law that excludes this, but my point was made.

Quoted:

Hiding marital assets is stupid fucking advice.
Before she mentioned divorce, she probably made arrangements as to proof of marital assets. Even if you go sell shit right now, the lawyer will make her aware of it and YOU will have to pay for a professional in EACH group of items to analyze and estimate the actual worth, not what you sold it for. Talk about a bad idea.
Depends, some women don't know the combo to the safe.
this
mine has absolutely no idea whats inside and never displayed any interest,if she were to suddenly have an interest I would take it as a red flag
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top