Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Joseph A Banks might as well be a stand alone Kohl's.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you're wanting me to comment on you looking good, I'm straight bro.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Dress clothes" are one of the stupidest fashion holdovers ever conceived.  Ties should be made extinct and anyone wearing one should be shamed for being a costumed poofter.

Fuck all of that.

I bet you're just grumpy because you don't look good in a suit.

No one "looks good" in a suit.  Suits are the modern equivalent of the powdered wig, poofy shirt, and cheek rouge.  Enjoy your heritage of cross dressing.

It's okay to look decent once in awhile if the situation or event warrants it.

This is my dirty ass cleaned up and wearing most of one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/i-zspTmrc-XL_jpg-2079654.JPG

straight men dont care about complimenting each other.

I think he looks sexy and his woman is hot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You need to find stretch jeans....it's a paradigm shift for jean wearing.

I rarely wear them, my work clothes are all poly/cotton blend, they are bomb proof and softer than plain old denim or duck cloth. When I do need jeans for casual wear though, I only grab the stretchy ones now.
View Quote

I’ll take a look. Are these like the fancy jeans at The Buckle material?  I have a few pairs I used to wear but you really have to search to find a normal semi plain looking pair that don’t look all douchey. Lol
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Dress clothes" are one of the stupidest fashion holdovers ever conceived.  Ties should be made extinct and anyone wearing one should be shamed for being a costumed poofter.

Fuck all of that.

No one "looks good" in a suit.  Suits are the modern equivalent of the powdered wig, poofy shirt, and cheek rouge.  Enjoy your heritage of cross dressing.

I have other pictures......I'll PM you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have other pictures......I'll PM you.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I should go back to dressing like it's 1970 in Arizona with a pearl-snap shirt, bolo tie, those old-timey stretchy Wrangler slacks, cowboy boots and leather belt.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

He hasn't been in GD long enough.

It's more homoerotic than a locker room.....he'll come around.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
These threads always entertain.

Keep on wearing your cargo pants and jungle boots...looks nice. Trust me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’ll take a look. Are these like the fancy jeans at The Buckle material?  I have a few pairs I used to wear but you really have to search to find a normal semi plain looking pair that don’t look all douchey. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to find stretch jeans....it's a paradigm shift for jean wearing.

I rarely wear them, my work clothes are all poly/cotton blend, they are bomb proof and softer than plain old denim or duck cloth. When I do need jeans for casual wear though, I only grab the stretchy ones now.

Mine are just wranglers from Walmart. They had them in blue, light blue and dark blue, so I got one of each pair. They are standard issue plain jeans.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#10]
im a jeans and boots guy..i dont do soft get togethers... weddings etc.. zero interest. want to shoot and hang ??
hit me up.

Quoted:
I had some time on my hands this afternoon so I took a ride to some stores to look at a new pair of brown leather shoes and maybe a new sport jacket.

My in-laws are coming in this week for my wedding and I figured a new jacket my be nice for dinner.

All the department stores are disgusting and a mess with fake leather garbage. Ok. I go to Jos a banks and they said the only have 1 style in stock.

All the other men’s shops had zero stock. Ugly plain sport coats. Like wtf happened, they decided to make garbage in China and now can’t get any stock......

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes of course, there's nothing in between. You either wear a suit or dress like a 5.11 model
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#12]
this
fuck all that shit.

Quoted:

Fuck all of that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Joseph A Banks might as well be a stand alone Kohl's.

Kharn
View Quote

Ever since Jos. a. Bank got bought by Men’s Wearhouse, their selection went down hill.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How close are you to Buffalo?

https://oconnellsclothing.com/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AKCory762

Where are you located?

I own a shop of strictly men's vintage clothing, from back when tailoring was great and commonplace, and I wear suits and nice clothing often. I'm in central Iowa l, if you're neaby you could swing by.

I’m in western NY. Wish I was closer by!

How close are you to Buffalo?

https://oconnellsclothing.com/

Only about 30 mins away
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I mowed for a couple of hours on the ZT this morning in flip flops and my underwear. That pretty much sums up my position of clothing. If I can't hunt, fish or shoot in it not any reason to own it. Let's just say the woke crowd isn't welcome around here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The entertaining thing is the only ones who care are the ones who are forced to wear that crap for work and for some weird reason extend it to their personal lives.

Do you care if I’m at a table next to you in a restaurant minding my own business wearing shorts and a t shirt while you wear a suit?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#18]
my Uncle was super wealthy. made it on his terms. you couldnt get him in a monkey suit or soft man outfit.
he was cowboy boots right to the grave. died with his boots on.

Quoted:

Proves my point earlier.

My nice clothes are very comfortable.

After a day of off road and getting dirty, putting on a pressed shirt and sport coat is no different than wearing shorts and a tshirt.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In what world are jeans more comfortable than slacks or khakis.  Especially starched and pressed wranglers?
View Quote

Dude, when people say comfortable jeans, they mean those worn in pair that fit just right.  There is no "starching" and...nobody presses jeans.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I pretty much live in sweats at home.. do yard work in jeans and boots.

But work clothing? I like Cole Haan shoes, real leather and super comfy. Brook brothers is also a favorite for slacks and shirts.

I refuse to wear a tie.

I dont care much for "dressing up", but the clients do and that's what matters unfortunately.

I was also taught to dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve always used the motto, “Dress better than you have too”

ALWAYS have a sport coat in the back seat.  I normally wear khakis and a button down to work, so I can pretty much go anywhere, even if my boots are still covered in concrete
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Find your nearest Hickey Freeman retailer and Allen Edmonds store.

Stay in the A B or C lines of Hickey.  The “name” of the pattern will start with those letters and is found in the tag inside the jacket.

Make sure you don’t end up looking like pee wee Herman.
View Quote

Had on both today at church.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes of course, there's nothing in between. You either wear a suit or dress like a 5.11 model
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what I see during docket call or jury duty.....that's about the sum of it. Grown ass men have absolutely zero idea how to dress for the occasion.

A grown man should have at least one Navy suit that fits, and a sport coat. With those two items, you can have appropriate attire for most occasions, and not have to spend a ton.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
last suit i had i shot up a dummy wearing it in a casket at my buddys cabin. with machineguns.
fkn suits....lol
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry to disappoint boys but not a fat neck beard or a skinny simp.

We’re not a bunch of bums in my house.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The entertaining thing is the only ones who care are the ones who are forced to wear that crap for work and for some weird reason extend it to their personal lives.

Do you care if I’m at a table next to you in a restaurant minding my own business wearing shorts and a t shirt while you wear a suit?
View Quote

I wear a suit only occasionally at work....I actually wear them far more off the clock than on.

As for the second remark, I don't care what you do, but it if the restaurant is a place wear nice clothes are worn, showing up in shorts and a t-shirt is pretty disrespectful. That being said, willfully disrespectful seems to be the new cool thing to be.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Allen Edmonds.

Reasonable leather soled shoes are hard to find!
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#28]
When I used to attend formal events years ago it was nice having a new suit. I have 4 suits and 2 pairs of shoes that still fit me well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/0701BC34-8A10-401B-90D8-C89DDE138690_jpe-2079689.JPG
View Quote

Bruh

All that effort and didn’t even match your shoes to your coat

You’d be better off joining me in the basketball shirt and cutoff crew
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#30]
not me
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I used to love sport coats. Too bad it's waaaay to hot where I live.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/0701BC34-8A10-401B-90D8-C89DDE138690_jpe-2079689.JPG
View Quote

Nice picture
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Tech exec that’ll probably never have to sit for an interview again.  Jeans and t-shirt are my classiest attire.  Not even remotely sorry for it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I should probably buy a sport jacket, I've never had one, it's one of those in between items of clothing I've not really needed yet.

One thing about owning at least a few pieces of clothing to fit certain occasions, is that when you dress for the occasion, along with keeping yourself well spoken, you can usually make conversation easily with anyone. Or at least I can.

At an event where suits are customary, it's going to be hard to break that first conversation barrier if you are dressed like a peasant.

You wouldn't go to a rodeo wearing a suit, you wear boot cut jeans, a western shirt, and a hat and boots. Why go to a semi formal event wearing a polo and khakis or something else that doesn't fit the event?

Dress for the event, carry yourself confidently, and you'll be able to make conversation with anyone there easily.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Our 35 year old business development guy wants us to allow shorts for the senior management team. I don’t mind the the change to nice blue jeans and a bottom up or polo , but I draw a line at shorts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We’re all just walking around in 5.11s and Salomons now.

Classless fuckers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody wants that shit anymore.

Classless fuckers.

Zoom and WebEx calls, who needs good clothes.  I wear polo shirts if it’s a customer.  Haven’t been in a restaurant where 5.11s and a polo was overdressed.

No clients/expense accounts so haven’t been in a jacket required place in 2 years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Classless fuckers.
View Quote

boomer needs to grow and get with the times

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Imagine being a guy with zero taste in cloths?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Zoom and WebEx calls, who needs good clothes.  I wear polo shirts if it’s a customer.  Haven’t been in a restaurant where 5.11s and a polo was overdressed.

No clients/expense accounts so haven’t been in a jacket required place in 2 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classless fuckers.

I've been to one place that had a button up shirt and jacket requirement. I was annoyed when I found out, but it was worth it. The food was good, but the service and atmosphere was what made the meal.

Keeps the riff raff out if you can't wear a t shirt into the place.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#40]
GD's taste in clothes probably mirrors their taste in steak.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Not really, but if I need a suit, I buy something at or near the top of expected quality - no Men's Warehouse shit.  Have one or two good suits instead of a closet full of $199 specials.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Every many should own at least one suit and a few dress shirts/slacks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#43]
my father worked in clothing manufacturing for 40 years. he made a comment several times about men and women's fashion.
" when people realize that all the clothes in stores are designed by flamboyant gay dude's who try to outdo each other, the better off the industry will be"

my favorite fashion joke are those high heeled cork shoes women wear. you know there was a gay sex fest induced party where looped out gay fashion designers were chiding each other about what they could design that was horrible to get people to wear.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Hell no.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

I strongly disagree.
If you have a well tailored suit, and know how to wear it vs throwing random accessories at it, you'll look and feel like a million bucks, and others will notice.

The poofy shirt, wig, etc weren't cross dressing, they were the uniform of the day.
Or do you consider men wearing pants to be cross dressing, since women now wear pants too?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm 32
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomer clothes.  I'm in construction and have no use for that shit.

I'm 32
Brown shoes are for old people. I'm 49
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Classless fuckers.
View Quote

No one wears powdered wigs anymore.

Classless fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
GD's taste in clothes probably mirrors their taste in steak.
View Quote

well done with ketchup?

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I haven't needed a new jacket in 10 years, but USA or Canada made wasn't hard to find

Luckily I don't have to wear anything that goes to the dry cleaner anymore
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Classless fuckers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classless fuckers.

You’re not wrong OP. I have some nice stuff to wear when appropriate. Most the time it’s just funerals
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top