Quoted:
Brown shoes are for old people. I'm 49
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomer clothes.  I'm in construction and have no use for that shit.

I'm 32
Brown shoes are for old people. I'm 49

Or naval aviators and men with light grey suits.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to wear a dress clothes to work every day.

Now I have one black suit. If you want to see it you need to get married, sue me or die.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two suits and a tuxedo.

I don't need suits for my job and events I wear dresswear to are slowly coming to a trickle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Most people have no need for that stuff.  

I'm a man. I'm already married. I'm not trying to impress anyone with my clothes and I wear a uniform to work. I try to keep at least one or two pairs of non grease stained shorts and jeans, otherwise the wife gets on my case when we go out somewhere.  

The holy and grease stained stuff suffices most days. Rather spend the money in fun stuff.

People in my AO don't wear fancy clothes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Boomer clothes.  I’m in construction and have no use for that shit.
View Quote

I'm a tail-end boomer in a professional job and have not one suit to my name anymore.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
OP at 32 the trendy dress for going out is jeans, button down, no tie, sport coat. Casual classy.

Brown dress shoes are for the birds - Allen Edmonds or black.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP at 32 the trendy dress for going out is jeans, button down, no tie, sport coat. Casual classy.

View Quote

What does “Allen Edmonds or black” mean?

I’ve got Allen Edmonds in brown, black, and oxblood. Not sure what the issue is.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry to disappoint boys but not a fat neck beard or a skinny simp.

We’re not a bunch of bums in my house.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/0701BC34-8A10-401B-90D8-C89DDE138690_jpe-2079689.JPG
View Quote

Is that your wife’s coat homie?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Allen Edmonds.

Reasonable leather soled shoes are hard to find!
View Quote

This.  I’ve got several pair.  Comfortable and well made.  I even have a pair of their tennis shoes.  Their shoes are nice and comfy for everyday wear.  Well worth the money. Doubt I’ll get any other brand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/0701BC34-8A10-401B-90D8-C89DDE138690_jpe-2079689.JPG

Looks like a Pea Coat to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol, playing dressup. If khaki work pants and a button up shirt aren’t good enough, I don’t know what to tell ya.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Swear to God I've never heard so many men complain about dressing well. You'd think that it was a punishment. A well fitting suit or for that matter a blazer and slacks are just clothing. Like jeans and a tee shirt. No harder to wear really. And frankly, some of you incels might get laid a little more often if you put ON a suit once in awhile.

ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man (Official Music Video) [HD Remaster]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t know what that means.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Swear to God I've never heard so many men complain about dressing well. You'd think that it was a punishment. A well fitting suit or for that matter a blazer and slacks are just clothing. Like jeans and a tee shirt. No harder to wear really. And frankly, some of you incels might get laid a little more often if you put ON a suit once in awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw
View Quote

Knock it off with that shit.  If I don’t like looking nice and wearing nice clothes when I go out, neither should you.  You’re a pussy if you dress professionally and LIKE to look good.  Your wife should also look like a trashy slut.  You also get points taken away if your house is clean.  And stop noticing other people that look nice, you fucking homo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pea_coat

https://www.heddels.com/2015/12/the-history-of-the-peacoat-from-navy-to-normalcy/

TL:DR - it’s not a chick coat.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I've thought for a few years that it would be a funny joke to get a traditional shooting jacket to wear to the duck blind one morning.

Even funnier if I show up with tie and english cap on the dog.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black, double breasted (meaning two rows of buttons), wool jacket with an extra large collar issued by many navies for generations. They're great in bad weather.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks for the links, now I know.

Looks cool in the North Atlantic.

In a field it looks like a chicks coat.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A fucking turtleneck?

Jesus H. Time Traveling Christ.  Do you find those at estate sales when elderly homosexuals leave this mortal coil?

View Quote

Steve Jobs estate sale.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Form = function.

I don't see that a suit has any function.  Ties signify nothing, whatever meaning they had is gone.  I'd guess that some new style will emerge which does have function.

Jeans are poor at their function.  The material is uncomfortable, it's low-tech cotton usually, often too heavy of a fabric weight, badly designed and insufficient pockets, usually a bad fit especially in the crotch and hips, and various other function faults.  They'll have to evolve or also die out.

I prefer the Kuhl lineup.  They have usable cell phone pockets, many materials and weights, better fitting, not ponderous like most Carrhartts, etc.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Form = function.

I don't see that a suit has any function.  Ties signify nothing, whatever meaning they had is gone.  I'd guess that some new style will emerge which does have function.

Jeans are poor at their function.  The material is uncomfortable, it's low-tech cotton usually, often too heavy of a fabric weight, badly designed and insufficient pockets, usually a bad fit especially in the crotch and hips, and various other function faults.  They'll have to evolve or also die out.

I prefer the Kuhl lineup.  They have usable cell phone pockets, many materials and weights, better fitting, not ponderous like most Carrhartts, etc.
View Quote

A suit's function is to get women wet in the pants, if it fits well anyway.

Other than that I'm with you, most of the time clothes need to do their job first before looking good, but lots of stuff does both.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Part of me growing up was to know how to change a flat. Address people as Sir and Ma'am. Carry a knife. Have a nice wallet with $100 tucked inside. Know how to tie your own lure. Take care of your tools. Have a nice watch. Know which utensil to use. To eat your steak medium-rare at most. How to enjoy bourbon. How to enjoy wine. Know which direction is north. Hold the door open for anyone, especially women. Rotate your ties. Own a sport coat. Own a suit.

I'll be 40 next year and I still think all that matters. GD is such a spaghetti of not knowing what they truly want. Its either a race to be the less caring and cheapest or to be the most opulent. If someone doesn't agree with the way one feels then that makes that person some sorta troglodyte in their narrow world.

I like nice clothes. I love well fitted jacket, shirt, jeans, nice shoes, all that stuff. I love the confidence it gives me and how people look at me, especially the women-folk. That's it. That's all there is to it for me. If you think that makes me a Yes Man, Boomer, or whatever stupid fucking term that GD wants to latch onto this quarter then that's on you -- GD loves its wide, broad brushes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Beat college professor I had was a dude that wore shorts and sandals to teach. It was statistics and he said don't believe the stats the media and leftists feed you.  And don't believe stats if they won't provide a data sheet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Seersucker and a boater hat, anything else is too hot or formal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Part of me growing up was to know how to change a flat. Address people as Sir and Ma'am. Carry a knife. Have a nice wallet with $100 tucked inside. Know how to tie your own lure. Take care of your tools. Have a nice watch. Know which utensil to use. To eat your steak medium-rare at most. How to enjoy bourbon. How to enjoy wine. Know which direction is north. Hold the door open for anyone, especially women. Rotate your ties. Own a sport coat. Own a suit.

I'll be 40 next year and I still think all that matters. GD is such a spaghetti of not knowing what they truly want. Its either a race to be the less caring and cheapest or to be the most opulent. If someone doesn't agree with the way one feels then that makes that person some sorta troglodyte in their narrow world.

I like nice clothes. I love well fitted jacket, shirt, jeans, nice shoes, all that stuff. I love the confidence it gives me and how people look at me, especially the women-folk. That's it. That's all there is to it for me. If you think that makes me a Yes Man, Boomer, or whatever stupid fucking term that GD wants to latch onto this quarter then that's on you -- GD loves its wide, broad brushes.
View Quote

I'm pushing 40, and it's odd how I've changed over time.

I used to try to be a grey man in most events, just hang out and get through it.

After being self employed for so long now I always end up moving towards the center for most groups or events I'm in. I enjoy conversation, and attention, and can find something in common with most people I talk to.

We went and did a bunch of stuff this weekend a few hours away, I talked to tons of people about all kinds of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I buy nice golf shorts and polos. Everything else is t-shirts or outdoors/tactical pants. I don't wear suits or blazers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#27]
That’s about as gay as 8 dudes fuckin 9 dudes while eating a bag of dicks. MYOFB wanna be Wall Street guy ??????
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Relax man. Your ignorance is showing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, you're exactly the same age as my daughter. Obviously YOU were raised properly by parents with manners and standards. Instead of slackers proud of their ignorance who passed it along to their children...
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Who needs nice clothes when you have a smart phone and are on perpetual covid lockdown?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#32]
What are these things - "Suit", "Sport Jacket" ?

Gen-X'er, if I had to go to a funeral I don't know what I'd do. Let my wife dress me or something. Short sleeve button down and levis is the best you get out of me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I buy nice golf shorts and polos. Everything else is t-shirts or outdoors/tactical pants. I don't wear suits or blazers.
View Quote

I'm retired. I live in golfwear and tracksuits. However, some occasions call for dressing appropriately. It's called standards, and courtesy. Something more and more people lack these days.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly.  Things a man needs to know.  I like nice clothes.  All of it.  I feel good wearing them, my wife likes the way I look, they are  comfortable and last.  Don’t understand the hate.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, you're exactly the same age as my daughter. Obviously YOU were raised properly by parents with manners and standards. Instead of slackers proud of their ignorance who passed it along to their children...
View Quote

To be honest with you,  it wasn’t till I got older that I realized not all people were like this.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

That about sums it up for me man. Good man.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Out west, we wear jeans/boots and a nice shirt and tie for dress up occasions.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Shorts and flip flops.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I don’t understand the guys who want to wear heavy ass work boots everywhere. That shits not comfortable. Nice leather cowboy boots can be but not these clodhoppers that make you look like a line worker or logger.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’ve got Allen Edmonds in brown, black, and oxblood. Not sure what the issue is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black shoes if not Allen edmonds
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've thought for a few years that it would be a funny joke to get a traditional shooting jacket to wear to the duck blind one morning.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fa/06/d3/fa06d37020d00af3c00adc59db6f1262.jpg
View Quote

Had a coat like that I wore to some early AZ MG shoots.  With shorts.  And a No4 Lee-Enfield.

Now I wish I'd held onto it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don’t understand the guys who want to wear heavy ass work boots everywhere. That shits not comfortable. Nice leather cowboy boots can be but not these clodhoppers that make you look like a line worker or logger.
View Quote

Agreed. I wear my cowboy boots most times when I’m in jeans. If I wear shorts I’ll wear my comfortable vans or flip flops.

I sure as shit don’t wear work clothes anywhere but work....for the most part anyway.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#44]
No im a retired boomer.
I have 3-4 pairs of old dress pants, khakis, and some "presentable" jeans. One jacket and a rack of old ties for funerals.
Then I have the pile of "garage" jeans and t-shirts that get worn most days.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Relax man. Your ignorance is showing.
View Quote

Did something give you the impression I was trying to hide it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Weddings and funerals.

I used to wear a suit for work. Switched jobs and went business casual. Now I work from home and work in boxers.
View Quote

Spent a lot of time in my career in suit and tie. Now it's khaki slacks, long untucked shirts, and loafers. Funny that my 21 year old son has some of my old dress shoes, shirts, and ties that he wears.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Around here the kids wear them to look cool, and the ignorant adults wear them as some sort of badge of honor, like proving that they work hard or something.

Half the town works construction and we all know each other, there's no reason to wear your shit covered boots to a calling hours, and on the off chance that you somehow can't afford clean shoes, at least make an effort to clean the boots you are wearing up a little.

I did the same thing as a kid, wore my huge work boots everywhere. I learned fast once I actually started working that you buy the comfy ones that don't look badass to get through the day feeling good, and you still toss the fuckers on the porch the first possible second you can and put on some comfy shoes if you don't need them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Some of you guys act like styles never change.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fa/06/d3/fa06d37020d00af3c00adc59db6f1262.jpg
View Quote

I'm in on this! I really wont go any further than Goodwill or maybe Ebay. But damn man, that would be awesome to show up opening day in that
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We're not a bunch of bums in my house.

View Quote

A scarf.

Sorry bro but
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top