Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had some time on my hands this afternoon so I took a ride to some stores to look at a new pair of brown leather shoes and maybe a new sport jacket.

My in-laws are coming in this week for my wedding and I figured a new jacket my be nice for dinner.

All the department stores are disgusting and a mess with fake leather garbage. Ok. I go to Jos a banks and they said the only have 1 style in stock.

All the other men’s shops had zero stock. Ugly plain sport coats. Like wtf happened, they decided to make garbage in China and now can’t get any stock......

View Quote

You answered your own question OP

The covid supply chain disruption is affecting clothing also.   Just like no ammo, new trucks, New lumber, new computer chips.

demand is there but no supply
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A scarf.

Sorry bro but
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry to disappoint boys but not a fat neck beard or a skinny simp.

We're not a bunch of bums in my house.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/0701BC34-8A10-401B-90D8-C89DDE138690_jpe-2079689.JPG

A scarf.

Sorry bro but

I usually think I’ve been around here long enough to anticipate arfcom’s aversion to sartorial matters but GD still finds ways to surprise me.

What, exactly, is it about a wool scarf that is worthy of derision? They come in awfully handy at cold football games.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That about sums it up for me man. Good man.
View Quote

Thank you for being a bad ass...truly....
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There are some people in this thread that are equating wearing suits and an occasional sport jacket with “dressing well”.

I don’t wear either of those and I guarantee you I’m better dressed than pretty much any mfer on here. Just wearing clothes that properly fit is a huge step to dressing correctly and will put you in the top 25% of “well dressed men”
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are some people in this thread that are equating wearing suits and an occasional sport jacket with "dressing well".

I don't wear either of those and I guarantee you I'm better dressed than pretty much any mfer on here. Just wearing clothes that properly fit is a huge step to dressing correctly and will put you in the top 25% of "well dressed men"
View Quote
OP asked about dress clothes.  Maybe the terminology has changed, but I have always believed dress clothes to be suits, slacks, button downs, ties, and sport coats.  I wear nerd scumbag to work, but usually go to smart casual if I'm going anywhere with my wife, as she dresses well, and like to do her justice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
As I get older the plan is to dress more and more like Leonard Cohen as he got older.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m a holdout like you, OP…wear suits to work despite the office going more casual with each passing year.

There is NOTHING casual about business!

Resist the race to the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I couldn't read all 6 pages, so if someone already posted this, Idk....

The issue is most people shop online now a days, lots stores have barely/nothing in stock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Allen Edmonds is good shoes. 8 pairs in rotation
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
GD thinks every man should own a suit but also GD loves baseball hats

Wearing a baseball hat is one of the most juvenile things an adult male can do
View Quote

Being unable to adapt to the situation and conditions of a given setting is what's juvenile.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eight pairs?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I usually think I’ve been around here long enough to anticipate arfcom’s aversion to sartorial matters but GD still finds ways to surprise me.

What, exactly, is it about a wool scarf that is worthy of derision? They come in awfully handy at cold football games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/0701BC34-8A10-401B-90D8-C89DDE138690_jpe-2079689.JPG

A scarf.

Sorry bro but

About out a decade ago there was a thread about how wearing a scarf is gay. Wool pea coats were also deemed gay.
  Apparently the only permissible winter wear is a farm work coat and cowboy hat.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Absolutely. M-F I wear work clothes & boots, get dirty enough sometimes. If we are going out it’s usually a nice place and I’m going to dress accordingly.
Just dress for the occasion, it’s not rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Dress clothes" are one of the stupidest fashion holdovers ever conceived.  Ties should be made extinct and anyone wearing one should be shamed for being a costumed poofter.

Fuck all of that.
View Quote

Pretty much this. I used to be able to fill a large duffel with dress clothes and just never had the occasion to wear any of it plus being hot 6 months of the year you just sweat your ass off in that shit.

In a cooler climate now but 90 and humid in dress attire fucking sucks. All most people do is take their suit jacket off as soon as they get into the office anyways. Pay all that money to hang something on a chair then put it back on to go home where it gets taken off again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I live minutes from the beach so there aren't a lot of people wearing suits.

We have a wedding in CO come Nov. I'm worried that I'll need an overcoat that I'll never have use for again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

About out a decade ago there was a thread about how wearing a scarf is gay. Wool pea coats were also deemed gay.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/D95A012C-8A12-4A47-A0FF-7086D2D79BCB_jpe-2080037.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A scarf.

Sorry bro but

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/D95A012C-8A12-4A47-A0FF-7086D2D79BCB_jpe-2080037.JPG

Behind nearly every facade of t-shirt and blue jeans bravado is an insecure man afraid of someone exactly like him pointing and laughing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lots of guys are to insecure too dress nicely. It takes some confidence to do so. They also want to pretend how you dress doesn’t matter which of course is ridiculous to the point of being laughable. It’s a complete disconnect from reality.
View Quote

You also have to realize all the fat bodies look like shit in a suit. You have to be in shape to look good in a suit. GD neckbeard basement dwellers
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m with you OP.  Hard to find decent dress attire these days.   I like a nice casual sport coat with a new set of jeans.   What GD forgets is the sports coat is a great opportunity to use your shoulder holster.  

Banana Republic, J Crew, or maybe a Men’s Warehouse might have what you’re looking for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You also have to realize all the fat bodies look like shit in a suit. You have to be in shape to look good in a suit. GD neckbeard basement dwellers
View Quote

athletic people generally do look better in pretty much everything, but tailoring can help make some of that up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’m 32
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomer clothes.  I’m in construction and have no use for that shit.

I’m 32

Boomer energy
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope.  If I wanted to play dress up I'd identify as a woman
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

For a bunch of manly Tier 1 Chads, GD sure knows a lot about gayness.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Polo for work plain clothes for day to day.

Who the hell wears a sport coat
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a selection of dress shirts and ties from my detective days.
I’ll never wear them again.

Cops buy cheap suits for a reason, sometimes you have to just dispose of everything you are wearing so you don’t bring the odors in to your home.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I don’t have any comment besides wanting to commend op for writing clothes instead of “cloths”.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nobody wants that shit anymore.
View Quote

I never did. The only time I ever dress in the Jos A Bank bullshit is when someone does or gets married.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a suit ,someone has to die for me to wear it
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#31]
A quality tailored suit, fitted shirt, high quality shoes should be as comfortable to wear for 8 hours as a pair of carharts a tshirt and work boots

I do both because I don’t buy cheap off the shelf guess my size Chinese crap.

Shit, I’m waiting on a pair of made to order shoes to get here that I purchased / ordered in July.

And I’m excited about it.

I’m going to a wedding in October at the Nixon library and I’ll be damned if I’m not going to be the sharpest dresser motherfucker there.

Btw I do where carharts a T-shirt and work boots every day.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I’m 32
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomer clothes.  I’m in construction and have no use for that shit.

I’m 32

Men haven’t dressed that way since you were a child.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I wore my suit last week for the first time in 2 years.   Apparently if you lift weights for the entire pandemic,  your neck will grow.

I went from a 16.5" to an 18" neck.  

I was in a bind and could not find a new dress shirt, so I had to safety pin it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wore my suit last week for the first time in 2 years.   Apparently if you lift weights for the entire pandemic,  your neck will grow.

I was in a bind and could not find a new dress shirt, so I had to safety pin it.
View Quote

Username

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:18:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#36]
How many of you own or know how to tie a bow tie?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The bug eyed strangled look is all the rage I think.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dress clothes? You mean like a Jordan Suit?

Yes, I know people that believe that a Nike warm up suit and high tops are perfect for formal occasions.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Society DOES shun you for not dressing appropriately.

You just might not be aware.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because fuck that lol. Who wants to wear uncomfortable overly formal clothes when society no longer shuns you for not doing so?

Society DOES shun you for not dressing appropriately.

You just might not be aware.

Never had much use for the section of "society" folk that would look down on me for not wearing a suit and tie.  Most that would, in my observation, are boring social leaches.
I'd rather work the kitchen.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have a suit ,someone has to die for me to wear it
View Quote

I'll wear suits for money, date nights, or funerals. I even own a tuxedo.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Bunch a lonely edge lords in here
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There are some people in this thread that are equating wearing suits and an occasional sport jacket with “dressing well”.

I don’t wear either of those and I guarantee you I’m better dressed than pretty much any mfer on here. Just wearing clothes that properly fit is a huge step to dressing correctly and will put you in the top 25% of “well dressed men”
View Quote

Okay, you win, I’m sure the dudes buying blunts at 711 think you’re on fire.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

No they aren’t, they are better than mall shoes but far from being good. Spend a little more and get shoes that will last you a lifetimes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I wanted to look like a pederast college professor or a second rate liberal opinion writer I would own and wear a bow tie.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#47]
I have a suit and sports jacket in the waiting, just in case

Jeans and polo shirts for work
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Vane. Just wearing clothes that properly fit is a huge step to dressing correctly and will put you in the top 25% of "well dressed men"
View Quote
I learned this from a chick when I was in my late thirties.its 100% correct
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:36:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All three of my cotton robes are at the cleaners, so I'm rocking my newest grass skirt. Some of the stalks are still sort of greenish!
View Quote
"All the girls in our town wear grass skirts

BOOO!

But all  the boys have lawn mowers

Yeah!"

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could get away with it, until I leaned forward.   Figured I would end up choking myself out.

I was going to court, so I couldn't even jerk off while self strangling.  
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top