Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/22/2023 5:08:13 AM EDT
As title says, any members here openly advise they are Sovereign Citizens?

edit: reason why I ask is due to the video I watched that i posted just down the page a few posts. The guy who is in small claims court is arguing that anyone who has a birth certificate and a social security number has a Billion dollar line of credit with the federal reserve.. Quite strange seeing folks who whole hardheartedly believe some of this stuff, so I was curious if anyone here can enlighten me on how they came to believe that way.  Honestly curious.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone here that has said come and take'em, or "will not comply", is a sovereign citizen to some degree. But I am sure 99.99% of the people here are not the types roll around with license plate made from paper plates and crayon writing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone here that has said come and take'em, or "will not comply", is a sovereign citizen to some degree. But I am sure 99.99% of the people here are not the types roll around with license plate made from paper plates and crayon writing.
View Quote

ya im really just seeking to see if we have the ones who identify like the "moorish" soveriegn citizens or similar here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't but seemed to get accused of it a lot here on GD. Come to think of it, I have been asked that by a few officers when they were giving me trouble about open carry or something else that was perfectly legal and I told them essentially to mind their own damned business. It seems like some of them default to that assumption if you don't fall immediately in line even when they are wrong.

I currently know some "Sovereign Citizens" IRL and have known even more in years past. But, I do not identify as such and never have.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no doubt there’s more than a few.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#5]
We definitely have members here, who are retarded enough.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I somewhat ascribe to/like Bernardo de la Paz's "rational anarchism" from The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Does that count?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I do like to travel.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I don’t recognize your authority to ask me questions. Am I free to go?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#9]
P. Barnes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't answer questions

Am I free to travel unmolested?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Supreme Court says I have the right to travel.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't answer questions

Am I free to travel unmolested?
View Quote

I’m with this guy but I DO NOT WISH TO CREATE JOINDER
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
defiant nuisance group that games the system ( some could argue that illegals, h1bs, etc. do too ).  when i have read about a "sovereign citizen", i think if you 'f' with bull, you get the horns. they get the horns.

selected lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
defiant nuisance group that games the system ( some could argue that illegals, h1bs, etc. do too ).  when i have read about a "sovereign citizen", i think if you 'f' with bull, you get the horns. they get the horns.

selected lol

splc sovereign citizens movement

Paper terrorism

The weapon of choice for sovereign citizens is paper. A simple traffic violation or pet-licensing case can end up provoking dozens of court filings containing hundreds of pages of pseudo-legal nonsense. For example, Donna Lee Wray – the common-law wife of Jerry Kane, who was half of the team that killed the two police officers in West Memphis, Arkansas, in 2010 – was involved in a protracted legal battle in 2010 over having to pay a dog-licensing fee. She filed 10 sovereign documents in court over a two-month period and then declared victory when the harried prosecutor decided to drop the case. The battle was fought over a three-year dog license that costs just $20 in Pinellas County, Florida, where the sovereign lives.

Screw the SPL
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#15]
What you mostly see is people trying to claim the rights of a sovereign citizen,
without deserving to be a sovereign citizen.

The youtube videos are hilarious.
They typically end up with the Cops smashing in the driver's side window with a baton, dragging the "sovereign citizen" out of the car, then grounding and cuffing them.

Our rights come from God, and NOT from government. So if you're trying to demand the government give you sovereign citizen rights, you're barking up the wrong tree. No one will ever enjoy their God given rights without first living a decent moral life deserving of them.

There is a pathway to sovereign citizenship, and it begins with fulfilling your duty to God by helping others. Doing honest work is an expression of obeying God's law to help others. This sets into motion the blessing of financial independence as a matter of course. No one can ever be sovereign without working to earn their own financial freedom. Fulfilling this duty to God develops moral character which is the sole absolute requirement to enjoying the rights of a sovereign citizen.

No one can pretend to be a sovereign citizen and get away with it, because God cannot be fooled.

John Adams got it right.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#17]
The right wing version of thinking a man can be a woman by just declaring it so despite observable reality.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a coworker who is a big Qtard, believes 5g turned on COVID, puts Borax in his water, and believes Trump will save us all....well he started down the path (as he normally goes off on these crazy triads) talking all about he wasn't going to pay taxes anymore. Well long story short he still pays taxes, has a license and gets shit from me almost daily for it.

It all stemmed from him being a fat fuck and having lots of health issues, going on carnivore diet and losing a ton of weight and fixing his cholesterol. Ever since then everything that is the norm is all part of the cabal or big pharma or big tech or big something.

One time he dry fasted for a few days (would soak in the tub at night to let his skin absorb the water) and he got real shaky at a supplier and had to break the fast.

I'm going to miss him when I start my new job.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I do like to travel.
View Quote

LOL, dont we all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a coworker who is a big Qtard, believes 5g turned on COVID, puts Borax in his water, and believes Trump will save us all....well he started down the path (as he normally goes off on these crazy triads) talking all about he wasn't going to pay taxes anymore. Well long story short he still pays taxes, has a license and gets shit from me almost daily for it.

It all stemmed from him being a fat fuck and having lots of health issues, going on carnivore diet and losing a ton of weight and fixing his cholesterol. Ever since then everything that is the norm is all part of the cabal or big pharma or big tech or big something.

One time he dry fasted for a few days (would soak in the tub at night to let his skin absorb the water) and he got real shaky at a supplier and had to break the fast.

View Quote

wtf borax? whats is "supposed" to do?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I bet most are lurkers.

A few pop out of the woodwork every now and then and it's always hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't but seemed to get accused of it a lot here on GD. Come to think of it, I have been asked that by a few officers when they were giving me trouble about open carry or something else that was perfectly legal and I told them essentially to mind their own damned business. It seems like some of them default to that assumption if you don't fall immediately in line even when they are wrong.

I currently know some "Sovereign Citizens" IRL and have known even more in years past. But, I do not identify as such and never have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea thats understandable as I too have had issues with law enforcement. But after seeing a video on youtube about a guy who was in court fighting a small claims, and he wholeheartedly believed that everyone has a line of credit of one billion dollars with the federal reserve, and that having a social security number and and American Birth certificate proves that. he went back and forth with the Judge (who was more patient than I would have been.) about how he pays his bills with his "line of credit".  It was quite strange, he was a sovereign citizen.  If I can find the video again Ill post it.

here it is, Its alittle long but you can skip to the last 15 mins in reference to the billion dollar question stuff lol.  starts out with his preliminary hearing where the judge decides after hearing his sovereign citizen crap he pushed it to a non-jury trial in-which the S.C. guy agrees too. Then it shows the Trial, where he actually states at one time how un fair it was because he wanted to be judged by a jury, but the judge reminded him he agreed and did not object to a non-jury trial in the first place.  If you want to watch here it is... at 28:05 in the video is where he states his line of credit comes from having his birth certificate and social security number and that means he has a billion dollar line of credit with the federal reserve.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#23]
My buddy is a criminal defense attorney and has had them as clients from time to time. He just files all the correct paperwork behind the scenes and then announces to the judge in open court that the arguments he's about to make are at his client's request.  I think having an actual lawyer tempers the client as the judge will shoot down an argument and my friend just advises his client to move on in the moment.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#24]

is this Admiralty court!?!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Around 12 years ago I met a couple people who were S.C.s  They seemed sincere.  I did a bit of research into the idea.

Seems there are two categories of them.  Some are well meaning decent people but have serious misunderstanding of our law and legal system.  Others are just plain nutcases and idiot/assholes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My buddy is a criminal defense attorney and has had them as clients from time to time. He just files all the correct paperwork behind the scenes and then announces to the judge in open court that the arguments he's about to make are at his client's request.  I think having an actual lawyer tempers the client as the judge will shoot down an argument and my friend just advises his client to move on in the moment.
View Quote

The guy in the video should have had one, he did not lol
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

He also suddenly started believing the flat earth shit, too.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Has the SC argument ever actually worked in a court of law? It's an interesting theory, but it falls apart quickly in the legal system. Seems I recall Wesley Snipes tried some variation of the argument when he was trying to get out of paying taxes. He still ended up having to pay them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I identify as leave me the fuck alone

I have a driver license and insurance because I’m not a dick to people.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#30]
This judge gets it.
Court Cam: Man Tries Playing Mind Tricks with Judge | A&E
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What you mostly see is people trying to claim the rights of a sovereign citizen,
without deserving to be a sovereign citizen.

The youtube videos are hilarious.
They typically end up with the Cops smashing in the driver's side window with a baton, dragging the "sovereign citizen" out of the car, then grounding and cuffing them.

Our rights come from God, and NOT from government. So if you're trying to demand the government give you sovereign citizen rights, you're barking up the wrong tree. No one will ever enjoy their God given rights without first living a decent moral life deserving of them.

There is a pathway to sovereign citizenship, and it begins with fulfilling your duty to God by helping others. Doing honest work is an expression of obeying God's law to help others. This sets into motion the blessing of financial independence as a matter of course. No one can ever be sovereign without working to earn their own financial freedom. Fulfilling this duty to God develops moral character which is the sole absolute requirement to enjoying the rights of a sovereign citizen.

No one can pretend to be a sovereign citizen and get away with it, because God cannot be fooled.

John Adams got it right.

https://i.postimg.cc/TY0xjTmS/johnadams.jpg

View Quote

Amen,  very astutely put.
I've met the paper plate for license plate types before who wish to "travel unmolested". Happily doing so on roads paid for and maintained by someone else who paid taxes for it.
Everyone loves sovereign citizens till one backs into their truck and realize they dont feel the need for insurance either.
I guess I just wouldn't go through life saying I owe absolutely nothing to anyone, I do realize to live in society I should contribute.........now what percentage is a whole separate discussion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Poor boat captains always getting accosted by road pirates while they are traveling in their conveyance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Just because some nuts babble something doesn't make them in some elaborate movement. Who has met someone who has actually said they are sovereign citizen not just someone nutty?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#34]
fly under the radar, don't seek notice or recognition.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Around 12 years ago I met a couple people who were S.C.s  They seemed sincere.  I did a bit of research into the idea.

Seems there are two categories of them.  Some are well meaning decent people but have serious misunderstanding of our law and legal system.  Others are just plain nutcases and idiot/assholes.
View Quote

What would that be?.....the fact that we have a legal system, and it ain't for our benefit?

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What would that be?.....the fact that we have a legal system, and it ain't for our benefit?

View Quote

Like for people to not be able to murder or steal?

Seems like it’s for my benefit.

I’m generally against those things.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I’d like to think I’m a “free range inhabitant”.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Do they refer to their Arfcom name as their "corporation name"? Do they ask Mods and Site Staff "am I being detained?" Do they refuse to buy a membership because "as a free person, taxes and fees don't apply to them"? Are they placing fake liens on GD?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here if they are going to argue imaginary sovereign law, they have to self represent because a state certified lawyer cannot argue state law with imaginary law or case law.  Then the problem for them becomes you do have a right to represent yourself, but you are expected to comply with state and applicable federal laws and to the best of your ability comply with state law.  The classic result of "you wanna see what happens when a sovereign represents himself in court" was what we saw with the guy that killed and injured those people by driving through the parade.  He tried to derail the court at every juncture and was found guilty.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who do you see being convicted of those things?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I never understood the SovCit idea. If you are Sovereign, then can't I just declare war on you and shoot you then take all your shit, and you can't complain because all is fair in war? And it isn't murder because I declared war, just like a country would do.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
P. Barnes.
View Quote

You bastard. Now I have to watch that clip again
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

who do you see being convicted of those things?
View Quote

So according to you there are no convictions for murder or stealing?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

He also suddenly started believing the flat earth shit, too.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.
View Quote
My son doesn't have a social security number either. He's almost 14. SS is a totally voluntary program that you CAN'T opt out of once in.

Why would I tie my son to that for a lifetime just for better deductions on my taxes. Also, everyone that says you can't function without one is wrong. He has a passport, despite everyone saying you need a SS number to get one, including the folks at the post office. All the federal stuff says if you have a SS number you HAVE to put the number down but nowhere does it say you have to have one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#46]
No, I just denounced my US citizenship instead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#47]
No Arfcom team members are sovereign citizens . . . that whole "joinder" thing gets in the way.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm divorced; does that count?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I never understood the SovCit idea. If you are Sovereign, then can't I just declare war on you and shoot you then take all your shit, and you can't complain because all is fair in war? And it isn't murder because I declared war, just like a country would do.
View Quote

Being a sovereign citizen is about benefitting them—not you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#50]
What gets me is the, "Free to travel," thing.
Sure, you are free to travel, but not on someone else's land!
Don't own the road, then not free to travel.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top