Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So according to you there are no convictions for murder or stealing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who do you see being convicted of those things?

So according to you there are no convictions for murder or stealing?

not what I said, I said WHO is being convicted of those things.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My son doesn't have a social security number either. He's almost 14. SS is a totally voluntary program that you CAN'T opt out of once in.

Why would I tie my son to that for a lifetime just for better deductions on my taxes. Also, everyone that says you can't function without one is wrong. He has a passport, despite everyone saying you need a SS number to get one, including the folks at the post office. All the federal stuff says if you have a SS number you HAVE to put the number down but nowhere does it say you have to have one.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If that doesn't work you can always try....

The Box Fort Defense

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Sovereign Citizens are a pestilence. Scam artists, crooks, cons, and scum. They claim to hate everything that is the government but they sure as fuck love that government welfare benefits money.

Robert LaVoy Finicum was a prime example.

Took part in the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Spouted Sovereign Citizen bullshit and claimed he was a rancher. Turns out, he ran a hobby-farm that was a money pit and his main source of income was from the State of Arizona's foster care system. Arizona stated that the funds they provide to foster families aren't intended to be the sole source of income for those who foster. Doing so is a violation of the system and breeds corruption. The money provided is to benefit the children, not their caretakers.

Finicum stated during the occupation, that the State of Arizona bankrupted him when they took the kids away from him because his ranch was a hobby-farm that produced no income. He proudly stated that his sole source of income was the $100k that he got yearly from the State of Arizona for fostering kids.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe Joe.

Believing you are a sovereign citizen (or even a citizen) in light of recent history is absolutely crazy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#7]
We’ve got flat earthers on these boards so I’m willing to bet the odds we have several sovereign citizens on here are pretty high as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sovereign Citizens are a pestilence. Scam artists, crooks, cons, and scum. They claim to hate everything that is the government but they sure as fuck love that government welfare benefits money.

Robert LaVoy Finicum was a prime example.

Took part in the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Spouted Sovereign Citizen bullshit and claimed he was a rancher. Turns out, he ran a hobby-farm that was a money pit and his main source of income was from the State of Arizona's foster care system. Arizona stated that the funds they provide to foster families aren't intended to be the sole source of income for those who foster. Doing so is a violation of the system and breeds corruption. The money provided is to benefit the children, not their caretakers.

Finicum stated during the occupation, that the State of Arizona bankrupted him when they took the kids away from him because his ranch was a hobby-farm that produced no income. He proudly stated that his sole source of income was the $100k that he got yearly from the State of Arizona for fostering kids.
View Quote

But should the federal government killed him and tried to cover up the evidence?

Ya dude was wrongfully gaming the system, but he was killed by federal agents in a car full of kids.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The weapon of choice for sovereign citizens is paper. A simple traffic violation or pet-licensing case can end up provoking dozens of court filings containing hundreds of pages of pseudo-legal nonsense. For example, Donna Lee Wray   the common-law wife of Jerry Kane, who was half of the team that killed the two police officers in West Memphis, Arkansas, in 2010   was involved in a protracted legal battle in 2010 over having to pay a dog-licensing fee. She filed 10 sovereign documents in court over a two-month period and then declared victory when the harried prosecutor decided to drop the case. The battle was fought over a three-year dog license that costs just $20 in Pinellas County, Florida, where the sovereign lives.
View Quote
If thinking you don't need a license to have a dog is a Sovereign Citizen, then sign me up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What gets me is the, "Free to travel," thing.
Sure, you are free to travel, but not on someone else's land!
Don't own the road, then not free to travel.
View Quote

Or the "I'm not driving, I'm traveling"

No retard, you're doing both. You are free to travel, but you still need to be a licensed driver to drive your vehicle on a public road.

Catch a bus if you want to travel without having to adhere to any guidelines.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My son doesn't have a social security number either. He's almost 14. SS is a totally voluntary program that you CAN'T opt out of once in.

Why would I tie my son to that for a lifetime just for better deductions on my taxes. Also, everyone that says you can't function without one is wrong. He has a passport, despite everyone saying you need a SS number to get one, including the folks at the post office. All the federal stuff says if you have a SS number you HAVE to put the number down but nowhere does it say you have to have one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

He also suddenly started believing the flat earth shit, too.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.

He's gonna have a great time when it comes to getting an actual job.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I love videos of drivers holding their ground on 4th amendment rights when pulled over by the cops.  That I fully support.  I also love videos of Sovereign Citizens who clearly were driving without a license or registration getting yanked out of their cars when the cops patience runs out after listening to their legal bullshit arguments.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just because some nuts babble something doesn't make them in some elaborate movement. Who has met someone who has actually said they are sovereign citizen not just someone nutty?
View Quote

Here.  What would you like to know? How about the one that took his own daughter hostage when he was approached about shoplifting lunch meat?

The idiots are kind of fading, there used to be a whole batch of them down around Houston. One filed a lien on Dell computers (The entire company) because his laptop broke.
Travelling  around the state giving classes on how to file fraudulent liens on everyone from judges to dentists, you had to pay for your class with "Coin of the Realm". No checks or credit cards.  

These idiots threw so much paper around the Texas AG had to form a special division just to handle it all, arresting  the whole pack while they were giving a class in some motel meeting room.

There there was this loon.  Link
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Depending on the solution I am a Soluble citizen
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have no doubt there’s more than a few.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#16]
My boss thinks I am a sovereign citizen because I believe our government is too big and is largely run by people that don't give a fuck about the regular citizen or their rights.

But, I don't think I could possibly be a sovereign. I am a proud American and am bound by its laws. Though I also believe we have a duty to defy unjust laws passed by those in power who don't care. Though that defiance often involves penalties, such as being thrown into our legal system that hilariously claims to be impartial.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I kind of feel like OP is trying to detain me.

Standby, placing mechanics lean on his arfcom account.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.

At that point if he thinks the right path is to get one, he's totally free to do that. Ultimately, its his choice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Ive been dealing with Moors for my entire police career.  In fact, they are the primary sovereign citizen group we deal with in the area and are pretty predictable in what they do.  At one point they did get so tired of being arrested for not having driver's license  that they all kissed the pinky ring of the man and got licenses.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As title says, any members here openly advise they are Sovereign Citizens?

edit: reason why I ask is due to the video I watched that i posted just down the page a few posts. The guy who is in small claims court is arguing that anyone who has a birth certificate and a social security number has a Billion dollar line of credit with the federal reserve.. Quite strange seeing folks who whole hardheartedly believe some of this stuff, so I was curious if anyone here can enlighten me on how they came to believe that way.  Honestly curious.
View Quote

I hope nobody here is insane enough to believe that shit. However, we do have people who believe there were 80 million fake votes, so it’s possible.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
At that point if he thinks the right path is to get one, he's totally free to do that. Ultimately, its his choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why make more work for him later?

He's going to need one to take out a loan, or get a job, or even start a business.

It's not like it's an avoidable thing for 99% of the population.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
@Afteractionreport

I assume you have children. I also assume you signed them up for life to a federal government program that takes a significant portion of their income without them having a decision in the matter.

What was your justification besides the sweet tax exemption that YOU get to enjoy at their expense?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#23]
The opposite ends of the spectrum are "Sovereign Citizens" and "Statist Authoritarians"

ARFCOM has way more of one than the other, and is worse for it.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He's going to need one to take out a loan, or get a job, or even start a business.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of that isn't true. You don't need a SS number to start a business or take out a loan. Get a job, sure but what if he starts a company right out of high school?

You literally don't have to have one but everybody thinks you do. If you work for the railroad, you don't have to have one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Most of that isn't true. You don't need a SS number to start a business or take out a loan. Get a job, sure but what if he starts a company right out of high school?

You literally don't have to have one but everybody thinks you do. If you work for the railroad, you don't have to have one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walk into pretty much any employer or any bank and ask for a job or a loan without an SS number and see how far you get.

For one, how would I even withhold taxes for an employee without an SS? The payroll company would laugh at me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Walk into pretty much any employer or any bank and ask for a job or a loan without an SS number and see how far you get.

For one, how would I even withhold taxes for an employee without an SS? The payroll company would laugh at me.
View Quote

You are wasting your time.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.

I actually know a person that's similar.

He homeschooled his kids, and then put them to work at his business. That isn't really bad on it's own, but the guy is a nutcase and it's his way of keeping them in his bubble....as expected they are all really weird now.

For their own sake...kick your kids out of the damn house and make them go get a job somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But should the federal government killed him and tried to cover up the evidence?

Ya dude was wrongfully gaming the system, but he was killed by federal agents in a car full of kids.
View Quote
That's a different bag of worms. The later doesn't justify the former. Finicum was still a shitbag before he decided to go to Oregon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We’ve got flat earthers on these boards so I’m willing to bet the odds we have several sovereign citizens on here are pretty high as well.
View Quote

Don't forget the lizard people.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, you'd get an individual Tax ID number from the IRS by filling out a W-7 form. There is a mechanism to address this exact situation.

Keep thinking I'm nuts but if you HAVE to have a social security number why do you have to sign up for it, why isn't it just assigned to you?

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The opposite ends of the spectrum are "Sovereign Citizens" and "Statist Authoritarians"

ARFCOM has way more of one than the other, and is worse for it.

View Quote
Oh, both are a bane of my existence.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I used to see them come thru the BP checkpoints in Yuma. They were travelers or some such phooey. Whatever. They were not worth the hassle. Move along please…if you block primary you are impeding the flow of traffic and I will 100% arrest you and I will do it quickly and succinctly. Have a marvelous day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Actually, you'd get an individual Tax ID number from the IRS by filling out a W-7 form. There is a mechanism to address this exact situation.

Keep thinking I'm nuts but if you HAVE to have a social security number why do you have to sign up for it, why isn't it just assigned to you?

View Quote
You are correct on that. The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number. It is mostly used by migrant laborers and most banks don't use it for loan purposes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's a different bag of worms. The later doesn't justify the former. Finicum was still a shitbag before he decided to go to Oregon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, and don’t get me wrong he should have been held accountable for milking the system. We need to end welfare in this country.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You are correct on that. The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct on that. The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number.
The funny part is everyone in this thread has been told all their lives they have to have one. I know, trust me. I deal with this all the time. I was told my son needed one to get a passport, enroll in school and everything else you can imagine. It's simply not true and folks will fight you to the death based on heresay.

Go look it up for yourself... you actually don't have to have one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The funny part is everyone in this thread has been told all their lives they have to have one. I know, trust me. I deal with this all the time. I was told my son needed one to get a passport, enroll in school and everything else you can imagine. It's simply not true and folks will fight you to the death based on heresay.

View Quote

The IRS Tax ID number is mostly used by migrant laborers and most banks don't use it for loan purposes. Since it is commonly forged and hard to verify. Unlike forged SS numbers, those are easy to verify.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have no doubt there’s more than a few.
View Quote

This

But doubt many if any actually speak up.

The will not create joinder and the come and make me tards are probably on the scale
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I used to see the come thru the BP checkpoints in Yuma. They were travelers or some such phooey. Whatever. They were not worth the hassle. Move along please…if you block primary you are impeding the flow of traffic and I will 100% arrest you and I will do it quickly and succinctly. Have a marvelous day.
View Quote

I've rarely had to say a word going through the NM or TX checkpoints.  If I got the where are you going, I always just pointed to the windshield with a that way without being a dick.  Of course I was pretty obviously military with my out of state plates and appearance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you wouldn’t. You don’t qualify for an ITIN by virtue of not wanting an SSN, and the IRS will not issue one to you.

It’s hard enough to get one if you do qualify.

You’re literally making shit up that you don’t even begin to understand.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You are correct on that. The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number. It is mostly used by migrant laborers and most banks don't use it for loan purposes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s not. ITINs are for people that do not qualify for an SSN, not for people who don’t want one. If you’re not in one of the very small categories that meet that criteria, the IRS won’t give you one. Even if you are the IRS often won’t give you one, I’ve been through this with an immigrant spouse.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Am I being detained?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have to say I've never heard of this strategy before, but some quick searching seems to contradict what you are saying.  The IRS only issues ITINs to someone not eligible for an SSN.
Attachment Attached File

Furthermore, the IRS says an ITIN cannot be used for employment eligibility.  Several sites mentioned employers being fined for hiring employees with only an ITIN.
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number

An ITIN does not:

Authorize work in the U.S.
Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes

I would be interested to see how a US citizen could legally avoid the social security program and still be employed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#43]

I was going to post the Dale meme, but your subtlety is better.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have to say I've never heard of this strategy before, but some quick searching seems to contradict what you are saying.  The IRS only issues ITINs to someone not eligible for an SSN.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78606/Screenshot_20230222_081203_Samsung_Notes-2720472.JPG
Furthermore, the IRS says an ITIN cannot be used for employment eligibility.  Several sites mentioned employers being fined for hiring employees with only so ITIN.

I would be interested to see how a US citizen could legally avoid the social security program and still be employed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78606/Screenshot_20230222_081203_Samsung_Notes-2720472.JPG
Furthermore, the IRS says an ITIN cannot be used for employment eligibility.  Several sites mentioned employers being fined for hiring employees with only so ITIN.

An ITIN does not:

Authorize work in the U.S.
Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes

You are correct. If you are in any possible interpretation of any law, eligible to obtain an SSN, the IRS will not give you an ITIN.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've rarely had to say a word going through the NM or TX checkpoints.  If I got the where are you going, I always just pointed to the windshield with a that way without being a dick.  Of course I was pretty obviously military with my out of state plates and appearance.
View Quote

I go thru checkpoints all the time.  Usually pulling a center console.  Never been searched, never asked to get out of the car.  Mostly, the guys want to talk fishing. Anyone having drama at a checkpoint brought it with them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I go thru checkpoints all the time.  Usually pulling a center console.  Never been searched, never asked to get out of the car.  Mostly, the guys want to talk fishing. Anyone having drama at a checkpoint brought it with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He's not. ITINs are for people that do not qualify for an SSN, not for people who don't want one. If you're not in one of the very small categories that meet that criteria, the IRS won't give you one. Even if you are the IRS often won't give you one, I've been through this with an immigrant spouse.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76647/D818A221-DBA1-4B7D-A772-2234F4B3BB56-2720477.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not. ITINs are for people that do not qualify for an SSN, not for people who don't want one. If you're not in one of the very small categories that meet that criteria, the IRS won't give you one. Even if you are the IRS often won't give you one, I've been through this with an immigrant spouse.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76647/D818A221-DBA1-4B7D-A772-2234F4B3BB56-2720477.png
@Josh, I said "The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number. It is mostly used by migrant laborers and most banks don't use it for loan purposes."
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

“Papers citizen”  oh and pick up that can
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I do not.  I consider myself as GOD (but emasculated and shorn of all Godly powers).
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I've seen so many tax exempt sovereign citizen attempts with HR over the last 5 or so years that my current employer finally paid a lawyer to give us a standard email to reject the claim. HR basically comes back saying if you're a sovereign citizen you have to show papers to prove the right to work, which nobody can produce.

That being said, from my limited experience, it seems keeping a good job and being a sovereign citizen may be difficult.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top