Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's in the name, detective.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least he has the balls to post his location.

Or are you really in Somalia.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-2721259.JPG

he's a fed, a died in the wool statist, he's the guy hoping to be wearing those boots on your neck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your scream name shows you just identity with a school.  Has shit to do with your location.  You joined in 13, I've lived in five different states since then on work related moves.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure there are sovereigns here in various degrees... some simply believe that laws they interpret as not constitutional don't apply to them... but most understand that they must obey those laws or suffer the consequences.  One can ignore a law but one cannot avoid the consequences of ignoring the law.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

he's a fed, a died in the wool statist, he's the guy hoping to be wearing those boots on your neck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wut
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your scream name shows you just identity with a school.  Has shit to do with your location.  You joined in 13, I've lived in five different states since then on work related moves.
View Quote
Good for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SPLC is garbage, so are sovereign citizens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
defiant nuisance group that games the system ( some could argue that illegals, h1bs, etc. do too ).  when i have read about a "sovereign citizen", i think if you 'f' with bull, you get the horns. they get the horns.

selected lol

splc sovereign citizens movement

Paper terrorism

The weapon of choice for sovereign citizens is paper. A simple traffic violation or pet-licensing case can end up provoking dozens of court filings containing hundreds of pages of pseudo-legal nonsense. For example, Donna Lee Wray   the common-law wife of Jerry Kane, who was half of the team that killed the two police officers in West Memphis, Arkansas, in 2010   was involved in a protracted legal battle in 2010 over having to pay a dog-licensing fee. She filed 10 sovereign documents in court over a two-month period and then declared victory when the harried prosecutor decided to drop the case. The battle was fought over a three-year dog license that costs just $20 in Pinellas County, Florida, where the sovereign lives.

The SPLC is about the most biased source you could get. They've rarely been honest. Morris Dees was a hypocritical little bitch. I met him back in the day. IMHO, very dishonest and always pushing an agenda.
SPLC is garbage, so are sovereign citizens.

I'm not particularly fond of either but if there was only one spot in the lifeboat, SPLC wouldn't get it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you.

So you, who doesn't have the nuts to list where you actually live shits on someone who actually does.

LMAO.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.

Show your work.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why make it harder for them later when it can be handled early?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again....wut?

Why does getting my kids SS numbers have anything to do with buying them a gun?
Why make it harder for them later when it can be handled early?

Right, because getting an SS for you kid, which is a perfectly normal thing to do, is just a NY thing.

Where you from?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So you, who doesn't have the nuts to list where you actually live shits on someone who actually does.

LMAO.  Carry on.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When he's an adult, your son doesn't have to put in to SS withholdings at his job????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My son doesn't have a social security number either. He's almost 14. SS is a totally voluntary program that you CAN'T opt out of once in.

Why would I tie my son to that for a lifetime just for better deductions on my taxes. Also, everyone that says you can't function without one is wrong. He has a passport, despite everyone saying you need a SS number to get one, including the folks at the post office. All the federal stuff says if you have a SS number you HAVE to put the number down but nowhere does it say you have to have one.

When he's an adult, your son doesn't have to put in to SS withholdings at his job????

No, because he won't get a job with any reputable employer without an SS.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why even post that?

Edited: Whoops! I misread your post and thought that you were borderline doxxing him by writing that HE had lived in five different states since then on work related moves. My bad and I apologize.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#14]
It’s a nutty philosophy
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm not particularly fond of either but if there was only one spot in the lifeboat, SPLC wouldn't get it.
View Quote
I'd use both for rowing labor/bait.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Right, because getting an SS for you kid, which is a perfectly normal thing to do, is just a NY thing.

Where you from?
View Quote
Do what you want. It isn't some impossible task for them to get it themselves when they're older though.

Somolia.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#17]
So far two of them have come out of the woodwork. They'll keep trickling out if you keep the thread on page one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#18]
IDK why people post "Am I being detained?" That's a legitimate legal tool. I have used it a lot since some officers seem to like to imply you have no choice when you really do. Attorney friends have even reinforced to me that it is an important question to ask, "Am I being detained?/Am I free to go?"

I'm not a SC and I ask it when the conversation starts to sound like a fishing trip for an officer. It makes sure both parties know exactly at what stage the interaction is at. Hell, I've even had to go so far as to tell them to charge me or cut bait because they said I was detained (I was 99.9% sure they did not have legitimate reasons to detain me) so I invoked the 4th & 5th and told them to charge or cut bait. They cut bait each time. It was probably better for both of us because they were mistaken/fishing and there was no reason to suspect I was guilty of anything; and I wasn't guilty.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
IDK why people post "Am I being detained?" That's a legitimate legal tool. I have used it a lot since some officers seem to like to imply you have no choice when you really do. Attorney friends have even reinforced to me that it is an important question to ask, "Am I being detained?/Am I free to go?"

I'm not a SC and I ask it when the conversation starts to sound like a fishing trip for an officer. It makes sure both parties know exactly at what stage the interaction is at. Hell, I've even had to go so far as to tell them to charge me or cut bait because they said I was detained (I was 99.9% sure they did not have legitimate reasons to detain me) so I invoked the 4th & 5th and told them to charge or cut bait. They cut bait each time. It was probably better for both of us because they were mistaken/fishing and there was no reason to suspect I was guilty of anything; and I wasn't guilty.
View Quote

How often does this happen to you?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew that would be asked...

It used to happen a lot more than it does now. I used to be at a lot of RKBA protests and engaged in other liberty supporting activities. I now live in a high crime urban hood and spend a lot of time out and about on foot. When 5-0 rolls up, most people run. I am usually the guy still there; I didn't do anything and my health issues won't allow me to run (heart and lung). It takes the local beat cop a while to figure it out. In the meantime, it's harassment and fishing; which gets old fast.

ETA and to fix a typo: The point is, "Am I being detained?" is not just an SC thing. It can be a valuable tool for the individual who might find himself in the middle of a LE interaction. What's next; are we going to see people associating "I am exercising my right to remain silent." with SC or some other despised group? It can be difficult to decide if you are going to invoke the right to remain silent or to refuse to ID in certain states if you don't know for sure if you are detained. Ohio is one where if there is no RAS, one does not have to ID. However, if the officer does have RAS (how is the individual to know without mind reading?) then it is a crime to refuse to ID. I've had to use "Am I being detained?" when in Ohio just because of the ID law.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My son doesn't have a social security number either. He's almost 14. SS is a totally voluntary program that you CAN'T opt out of once in.

Why would I tie my son to that for a lifetime just for better deductions on my taxes. Also, everyone that says you can't function without one is wrong. He has a passport, despite everyone saying you need a SS number to get one, including the folks at the post office. All the federal stuff says if you have a SS number you HAVE to put the number down but nowhere does it say you have to have one.

If he decides to get a SS card he's free to do so. I'm just not going to make that decision for him. If he works a normal job I'd imagine he'd pay SS taxes like everyone else. I'm sure there are some careers that are exempt. If he works at the railroad, he'd be exempt so he'd never ever have to get a SS card.

Everyone keeps saying he'll need this as an adult. I agree, he probably will but my adult son can sign up at that point, I'm not going to make that decision for him.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm with this guy but I DO NOT WISH TO CREATE JOINDER
View Quote
God's not worried about cameras, I am. Owwwwww!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If he decides to get a SS card he's free to do so. I'm just not going to make that decision for him. If he works a normal job I'd imagine he'd pay SS taxes like everyone else. I'm sure there are some careers that are exempt. If he works at the railroad, he'd be exempt so he'd never ever have to get a SS card.

Everyone keeps saying he'll need this as an adult. I agree, he probably will but my adult son can sign up at that point, I'm not going to make that decision for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand why you chose that course and I applaud you for your convictions. I agree, he can easily apply for a SSN later if he chooses. You simply did not lock him into that choice and it's commendable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

wut
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wut

I think he has you mixed up with FedDC.

He catches flack but he’s good people from what I’ve seen here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Though I wonder if he were to be his own boss with his own business then how do his tax interactions with the IRS look?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So far two of them have come out of the woodwork. They'll keep trickling out if you keep the thread on page one.
View Quote

Meanwhile you statist are a tidal wave.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not into any of that crap..I find it funny how much time statist spend on what someone else is doing though..sort of a pattern there. One guy here is eternally butthurt because another guy hasn't registered his teen-age son with the .gov.....now that's statist....but FJB!!1!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone here that has said come and take'em, or "will not comply", is a sovereign citizen to some degree. But I am sure 99.99% of the people here are not the types roll around with license plate made from paper plates and crayon writing.
View Quote

I did drive a cube van from the Twin Cities to Phoenix and back, with license plate tabs made from blue painters masking tape and a sharpie.  I just didn't feel like getting tabs, and I'm a gamblin' man.  Does that qualify?

Edit.  No, I don't consider myself a SC, more of an anti-authority rebel/contrarian.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wut

Not the first time for sure.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Though I wonder if he were to be his own boss with his own business then how do his tax interactions with the IRS look?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great question and one I had myself. What if he becomes a high end saddle maker or the internet business he wants to grow turns into something huge? What if he never has to go for a bank loan? What if all the rules that apply to 99.9% of the people don't apply to him and I signed him up for a program that he can't opt out of just because it would save him 15 minutes and the gas it would take to get him to the social security office.

I've already heard "he can't go to public school unless he has a SS number" and "he can't get a passport if he doesn't have a SS number". Those people were all wrong. Are the people in this thread so well versed with the federal law around these things that there's no possibility something they always been told simply isn't true?

Most of the folks in here singled their kids up for social security cards so they could get that sweet tax deduction and they are inferring I am the loon. I served my country, pay my taxes and follow the rules. I'm just someone that won't tether child's future to the federal government for a higher tax return.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wut

That’s exactly what happened. Surprise surprise, the sovereign citizen who believes in Bigfoot sucks at being right
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#34]
This country was founded by sovereign citizens. It required much heavy lifting to accomplish.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Great question and one I had myself. What if he becomes a high end saddle maker or the internet business he wants to grow turns into something huge? What if he never has to go for a bank loan? What if all the rules that apply to 99.9% of the people don't apply to him and I signed him up for a program that he can't opt out of just because it would save him 15 minutes and the gas it would take to get him to the social security office.

I've already heard "he can't go to public school unless he has a SS number" and "he can't get a passport if he doesn't have a SS number". Those people were all wrong. Are the people in this thread so well versed with the federal law around these things that there's no possibility something they always been told simply isn't true?

Most of the folks in here singled their kids up for social security cards so they could get that sweet tax deduction and they are inferring I am the loon. I served my country, pay my taxes and follow the rules. I'm just someone that won't tether child's future to the federal government for a higher tax return.

View Quote

Explain it to me like I'm a child. How does having a SSN tether your child's future to the govt?  What benefits does your son receive if he chooses to be self employed or a career that does not contribute to SS?  I have a friend that is a firefighter and he does not contribute to SS, though I am not sure if he could have been hired without an SSN.

Would 14 (eventually 18) yrs of the child tax credit invested and provided your son with a better opportunity?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My logic is I don't sign my minor son up for irrevocable federal government programs. If he feels he needs to do that, he can when he gets older.

No one has answered yet, why did you register your newborn with the federal government?

Lot's of things "are easier". Getting rid of your guns is "easier". You don't have to secure them, pay for ammo etc.

If that came off snarky that wasn't the intention. I just struggle to understand why everyone just obediently signs their newborn up with the federal government.  I assure you, the hospital wasn't happy I declined their offer to sign him up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You seem to have a deeper understanding than I, and I'll admit I've not looked into it since my son was born 14 years ago.

Please enlighten everyone by sharing the law that requires everyone to have a social security number. I looked 14 years ago for about 2 months and I couldn't find it.

I'm sure you're up to the challenge.
@eitek1

I don't particularly care you didn't get one for your son. Your business and all. But what was your thought process on not doing it? I'm genuinely curious. No bait here at all.
Not baited at all. When I was a kid, my father told me "if you want a social security card, sign up for one but I'm not going to lock you into a lifetime irrevocable contract, that's your responsibility".

I see it the same way. Like it or not, social security is a voluntary program. Do people make it hard if you don't have one? Sure they do.

My 14 year old doesn't have a job and may never work a "normal" wage paying job. He may start a company or be an artist or whatever. Getting a social security number is a 15 minute exercise like getting a driver's license. If the time comes where he feels he needs one, he can do what I did, go to the SS office and sign his own self up.

In the mean time, its been a lot of fun to prove to people that "no" you don't actually have to have a social security number. When I signed him up for school they told me he had to have a number. Turns out, I was able to educate them about the requirements of signing up a 5 year old to a federal program. It's simply not required.

Does my conviction cost me? Sure does. I've never deducted my son on my taxes. As far as the federal government is concerned, he doesn't exist.

Conversely, why do folks sign their newborns up to a super crappy federal government social program before they leave the hospital? Did you ever wonder why you have to sign up and you aren't just assigned a number at birth?

Your logic is the same as saying you don't need to wear clothes.

Sure, you don't....but you won't be able to get much done without them on.
My logic is I don't sign my minor son up for irrevocable federal government programs. If he feels he needs to do that, he can when he gets older.

No one has answered yet, why did you register your newborn with the federal government?

Lot's of things "are easier". Getting rid of your guns is "easier". You don't have to secure them, pay for ammo etc.

If that came off snarky that wasn't the intention. I just struggle to understand why everyone just obediently signs their newborn up with the federal government.  I assure you, the hospital wasn't happy I declined their offer to sign him up.

You're confused if you think not getting an SSN for someone somehow opts them out of social security.  That simply isn't how it works at all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He is able to claim am llc/DBA SSN as the ssn for his kids when claiming them on his taxes???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

He also suddenly started believing the flat earth shit, too.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.

He is able to claim am llc/DBA SSN as the ssn for his kids when claiming them on his taxes???

Not legally he's not.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#38]
so many
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#39]
They seem like dim-witted mopes who spent too much time
in the county lockup listening to the frequent flyers who STILL
get bail.
  In other words, losers
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Explain it to me like I'm a child. How does having a SSN tether your child's future to the govt?  What benefits does your son receive if he chooses to be self employed or a career that does not contribute to SS?  I have a friend that is a firefighter and he does not contribute to SS, though I am not sure if he could have been hired without an SSN.

Would 14 (eventually 18) yrs of the child tax credit invested and provided your son with a better opportunity?
View Quote
Like it or not, Social Security is a voluntary program. If it wasn't a voluntary program, you would be assigned a number at birth and it would be stamped on your birth certificate. It's not, you signed up for it and told the federal government you were going to rely on them and freely sanctioned them removing a decent percentage of your income.

In all likelihood when my son turns 17, he'll go sign up and get a card. But maybe he won't. Maybe he will become a missionary and never step foot in the US again. The maybe's are endless. If HE makes the decision to do it, it's his decision. Would you sign up your child to an irrevocable retirement scheme today that would follow them the rest of their life, oh yea don't forget it's going broke, if it wasn't with the federal government?

Could I have invested the money from the child tax credit for him and had it produce benefits, yes. I have investments for him currently so he's not missing out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't answer questions

Am I free to travel unmolested?
View Quote

Not without a drivers license and insurance.
Welcome to adulthood big boy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What you mostly see is people trying to claim the rights of a sovereign citizen,
without deserving to be a sovereign citizen.

The youtube videos are hilarious.
They typically end up with the Cops smashing in the driver's side window with a baton, dragging the "sovereign citizen" out of the car, then grounding and cuffing them.

Our rights come from God, and NOT from government. So if you're trying to demand the government give you sovereign citizen rights, you're barking up the wrong tree. No one will ever enjoy their God given rights without first living a decent moral life deserving of them.

There is a pathway to sovereign citizenship, and it begins with fulfilling your duty to God by helping others. Doing honest work is an expression of obeying God's law to help others. This sets into motion the blessing of financial independence as a matter of course. No one can ever be sovereign without working to earn their own financial freedom. Fulfilling this duty to God develops moral character which is the sole absolute requirement to enjoying the rights of a sovereign citizen.

You must have spent a lot of time in the joint.
Your time would have been better spent reading comic books.

No one can pretend to be a sovereign citizen and get away with it, because God cannot be fooled.

John Adams got it right.

https://i.postimg.cc/TY0xjTmS/johnadams.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This country was founded by sovereign citizens. It required much heavy lifting to accomplish.
View Quote
Have you actually read the Federalist Papaers and Anti-Federalist Papers? A number of then wanted strong central government.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A sole prop will file the same as anyone else with the addition of a 1040-C, so even with an EIN you still need an SSN.

Same with earnings drawn from any other set up, individual filing is still required.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Like it or not, Social Security is a voluntary program. If it wasn't a voluntary program, you would be assigned a number at birth and it would be stamped on your birth certificate. It's not, you signed up for it and told the federal government you were going to rely on them and freely sanctioned them removing a decent percentage of your income.

In all likelihood when my son turns 17, he'll go sign up and get a card. But maybe he won't. Maybe he will become a missionary and never step foot in the US again. The maybe's are endless. If HE makes the decision to do it, it's his decision. Would you sign up your child to an irrevocable retirement scheme today that would follow them the rest of their life, oh yea don't forget it's going broke, if it wasn't with the federal government?

Could I have invested the money from the child tax credit for him and had it produce benefits, yes. I have investments for him currently so he's not missing out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to think that a social security number is simply used for that program.

It's used as an approved ID number for pretty much everything, including IRS filing, and a required number for a lot of things, like driving.

SS is like FICA, it's a mandatory withholding except when working for an exempt employer (the railroad like you mentioned is exempt)....pretty much every employer is non-exempt. That money is coming out of his check either way.

I understand your stance, but that doesn't make it less stupid.

To function as a US citizen right now, you will need one. I even put mine on the 4473 when I buy a gun, because my name is an extremely common one, helps prevent delays.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not legally he's not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

He also suddenly started believing the flat earth shit, too.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.

Not legally he's not.

I've read that too, these people are loons.

"Start an LLC using the name of your child, and use that instead for all government interactions".....it doesn't work that way. Anyone with an LLC or other business entity knows this, it just makes for a bigger tax return because it's additional forms, you still need to file individually.

I would love to see the interaction between one of them and a CPA if they tried to use their services. Their taxes are probably all fucked up after using all the "work arounds" and self filing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You seem to think that a social security number is simply used for that program.

It's used as an approved ID number for pretty much everything, including IRS filing, and a required number for a lot of things, like driving.

SS is like FICA, it's a mandatory withholding except when working for an exempt employer (the railroad like you mentioned is exempt)....pretty much every employer is non-exempt. That money is coming out of his check either way.

To function as a US citizen right now, you will need one. I even put mine on the 4473 when I buy a gun, because my name is an extremely common one, helps prevent delays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now list all the things you needed a social security number for as a child.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh, just things.... like the following I have for my kid.

Bank Account
Prepaid College Account
529 Savings Account
Medical Insurance Coverage

She's a toddler and we're setting her up to where when she reaches 18, she already has an advantage. Next step in a few years is to get her an investment property that is under her name with us as the executors until she reaches adulthood. So she'll have her own business, making her money, and she can capitalize on that and us it to grow even further.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Bank Account
Prepaid College Account
529 Savings Account

She's a toddler and we're setting her up to where when she reaches 18, she already has an advantage. Next step in a few years is to get her an investment property that is under her name with us as the executors until she reaches adulthood. So she'll have her own business, making her money, and she can capitalize on that and us it to grow even further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bank Account
Prepaid College Account
529 Savings Account

College plan? Are you some kind of commie? He's going to work for the railroad.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Disregard
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top