[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Bacon Grease is the only way, anything else is a big nope from me
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe heresy for the fat-fetish junkies but I microwave scrambled eggs in a glass bowl. No grease, no alien flavors, season to taste.

And more "heresy": bacon sucks. Mostly just fat cooked to crispness with very little actual meat. I'll take a slice of ham/Canadian bacon or sausage over bacon to go with my eggs.
View Quote

Fuckin thorazine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poached is far superior to fried

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

Kharn

He doesn't need help if they're poached in salsa to make Huevos Rancheros.

Then they're amazing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer butter or olive oil. Bacon grease tastes better but is not as good for over-easy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol, the rapeseed used to make canola oil is genetically modified to almost eliminate eurcic acid and the rest is eliminated when it’s extracted and refined. Cold pressed canola retains most of the nutrients and none of the toxins.
View Quote

I will disagree. Look up coronary case frequency since rapeseed and soy oils became prevalent. They are evil.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
If I couldn't use butter for some reason or another, I'd go with grapeseed oil for its higher smoke temp.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
You don't cook eggs on high heat. You guys talking about smoke points must cook shitty eggs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Duck fat is the actual way.   But, convincing people is the hard part, until they try it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have to go with this.  Fried is easier, though.  Especially if you're doing bacon and taters, as well!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poached is far superior to fried

Have to go with this.  Fried is easier, though.  Especially if you're doing bacon and taters, as well!

Poached is simple in an air-fryer.  6 minutes at 380, in a small ramkin, with a couple of tablespoons of water.  Could nto be any easier.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol, the rapeseed used to make canola oil is genetically modified to almost eliminate eurcic acid and the rest is eliminated when it’s extracted and refined. Cold pressed canola retains most of the nutrients and none of the toxins.
View Quote

So what you’re telling me is that I can eat a naturally produced fat that we scrape off the top of some milk and put in the fridge so that it keeps longer oooooorrrrrr I can have “cold pressed goodness” that came out of billions of little balls of rape, that a caveman never would have had access to in any quantity, let alone enough to consume a couple gallons of it annually and That had to be fucked with by a man-god in a white coat,  before it became fit to eat?

We have been consuming animals for 100s of thousands of years and animal products like butter for 10s of thousands. Gmo rape from the 60s is not a good idea
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Coconut oil, bacon drippings, butter or gtfo
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

No way.. I can poach in a microwave, its stupid easy and takes like 60 seconds.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Duck fat is the actual way.   But, convincing people is the hard part, until they try it.
View Quote

You're not wrong about that. I cook duck once or twice a year and keep the fat for eggs. It's awesome.
Bacon grease is next.
Then butter or ghee
last is olive oil, which is still good but inferior to the rest.

Smoke point doesn't enter into it for eggs unless you're retarded.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So what you’re telling me is that I can eat a naturally produced fat that we scrape off the top of some milk and put in the fridge so that it keeps longer oooooorrrrrr I can have “cold pressed goodness” that came out of billions of little balls of rape, that a caveman never would have had access to in any quantity, let alone enough to consume a couple gallons of it annually and That had to be fucked with by a man-god in a white coat,  before it became fit to eat?

We have been consuming animals for 100s of thousands of years and animal products like butter for 10s of thousands. Gmo rape from the 60s is not a good idea
View Quote

We also used to die a lot earlier without those men in white coats, lol.

That said, heart disease is still the number one killer in the US with nearly 600,000 deaths per year.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Much healthier than butter and taste great.
View Quote

Eat healthy, the mantra of every lemming woman.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bacon Grease is the only way, anything else is a big nope from me
View Quote

Bacon Grease > Butter > Olive Oil.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I use coconut oil.  It's good for you too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bacon grease is the way
View Quote

Yep! Animal fats are the best. Bacon, tallow and butter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife (bless her heart) baked me a red velvet cake for my birthday using olive oil one time.  We were out of vegetable oil, which the recipe called for and she thought you could substitute olive oil for vegetable oil. It was more than a little "games" tasting.  Her cooking has improved somewhat.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You don't cook eggs on high heat. You guys talking about smoke points must cook shitty eggs.
View Quote

My ex's family only served scrambled eggs after they were brown.  Animals.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#22]
You should not be cooking eggs at a temperature high enough to smoke olive oil in a skillet, FFS... or butter, for that matter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#23]
BUTTER or BACON grease
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Cook with lard. No one cares what you read in an article the other month.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You should not be cooking eggs at a temperature high enough to smoke olive oil in a skillet, FFS... or butter, for that matter.
View Quote

This and all the other posters that said the same.

You shouldn't be anywhere near the burning/smoke point of butter to fry eggs...no wonder most of the time I have eggs at other people's houses they're disgusting.  

Most people overcook the ever living fuck out of eggs.  Especially scrambled eggs.  If your scrambled eggs have brown on them, they were over cooked several minutes before you took them out of the pan.  Eggs keep cooking after they come out of the pan...so you need to remove them before they're 'done' to get the correct 'doneness' on the plate.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Bacon Grease is what you seek.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Olives and eggs have a similar ovoid shape, cooking them together distorts the feng shui of the dish as well as cataclysmically redirecting life-affirming chi. Nothing good can come of it.

As pigs and cows do not have an ovoid vernacular, they can symbiotically coexist with the egg, rendering it good.
View Quote

Wow Skunkeye, I didn’t realize this level of sophistication was allowed in GD….
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Grass fed butter?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My wife (bless her heart) baked me a red velvet cake for my birthday using olive oil one time.  We were out of vegetable oil, which the recipe called for and she thought you could substitute olive oil for vegetable oil. It was more than a little "games" tasting.  Her cooking has improved somewhat.
View Quote

Look at the ingredients of that vegetable oil. Soy which is a legume. It is not good for humans
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Animal fats are always the best fats.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Bacon fat
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bacon grease is the way.
View Quote
Like God intended.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

SEAR those eggs!  DO IT!!  

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I use olive oil, heated to 375 degrees (below the smoke point) on a stainless pan for omelette style scrambled eggs.  

IMO, if there is any brown at all on the eggs, the are burned.  

I also flip them like a pancake by a flick of the wrist on the handle of the pan.

Tier 1 eggs.
Egg master race.
Eggs.  It's what's for breakfast.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#35]
My yolks broke when they went in the pan this morning.....the day is lost.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Duck fat makes everything better.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Why would an oil’s smoke point be a factor? Eggs are cooked at low-ish temps… hell, the fluffiest scrambled eggs are made over a double boiler….
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I always cook 3 eggs, in case one breaks. I still eat the 3rd whether it breaks or not.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Duck fat makes the best fries I've ever eaten, usually at steakhouses. Michael Jordan's comes to mind. Their sides are as good as their steaks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I always cook 3 eggs, in case one breaks. I still eat the 3rd whether it breaks or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They both broke. Good thing I had some green chili's and cheese to pull it all together!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This and all the other posters that said the same.

You shouldn't be anywhere near the burning/smoke point of butter to fry eggs...no wonder most of the time I have eggs at other people's houses they're disgusting.  

Most people overcook the ever living fuck out of eggs.  Especially scrambled eggs.  If your scrambled eggs have brown on them, they were over cooked several minutes before you took them out of the pan.  Eggs keep cooking after they come out of the pan...so you need to remove them before they're 'done' to get the correct 'doneness' on the plate.
View Quote

Exactly.

In case anyone else is wondering:

Scrambled eggs are scrambled in a bowl, with whatever seasoning you want added (besides salt; I use pepper and paprika). During that time, whatever vegetables (I like fresh onion, spinach, & some tomato) you want in them are cooked down in the skillet a bit at higher heat to reduce the amount of liquid you're dealing with later on...

Then the eggs are dumped in the skillet, and salted, cheese added (I love feta and shredded mexican cheese mixed) and almost immediately removed from the (now) low/medium heat you're cooking them on.

Every time you stir them, remove from heat to do so and take them off the burner (don't just turn it off, remove the skillet entirely) for the last minute or two they're in there. If they stuck to the skillet when you were trying to stir them, and it sounded like you were trying to tear paper when you scraped the pan... you fucked up.

Once they're plated, I let them sit for a minute or two while my toast is cooking and I'm cutting up the avocado to go on top of the pile of eggs.

The end result is something like last Thursday's breakfast (first day I had time to eat at home in over a week), with fresh roasted potatoes and venison sausage. The only color in the eggs other than yellow, is the seasoning, as I made 8 eggs total and served myself half:

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like scrambled eggs, cooked wet, so I break mine on purpose a lot of the time.  I prefer them that way if they're going on a sandwich or something similar.

But over-easy is good too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#44]
No, OP.  If I ran out of bacon grease, I'll throw a dab of butter down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wow Skunkeye, I didn't realize this level of sophistication was allowed in GD.
View Quote
Butter and eggs...grandiloquence was called for, good sir!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Avocado oil (avocado everything) is deadly to birds. (pet birds in your house, not outdoor wild birds)
View Quote
I don't own birds but good to know.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Avocado oil (avocado everything) is deadly to birds. (pet birds in your house, not outdoor wild birds)

But apparently there is great deal of counterfeit avocado oil out there. It is not regulated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Saturated vs unsaturated fats. Butter, on average, contains three time the saturated fat of olive oil.
View Quote

Basically. The other way to look at it is that they're both basically 100% fat. One is solid at room temp, the other is liquid. I'd rather have the liquid inside me, but butter tastes better.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They way some y"all talk, let's hope there's no butter shortage.
View Quote

Can’t be a butter shortage without a cow shortage…
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
yeah i'm sticking with butter or bacon grease.
View Quote

Me too
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top