Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure , 40 trillion cells in one human body active and alive , communicating with each other constantly. 6 Billion humans on earth.. that's a big number of cells replicating and interacting on a immense level.
The DNA deoxyribonucleic acid , is the most vastly complicated molecule known to exist in all of creation. Many scientist today are saying this could have never just evolved. It had to come from a creator ,  God’s intelligence is immeasurable—because it is unlimited , measurement requires a limit.

Charles Darwin de-humanized humanity.. if you buy into his theory your humanity is gone. That crazy old kook was the Bernie Sanders of his day.. how any sane person could believe in him and his evolution is amazing!

Psalm 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
explain bats.

the inbetween of not having wings, to having wings which would be millions of year, does not make sense. they would be easily picked off.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe it is a sound theory.  But, I don't think it precludes God's hand in it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone who tries to point out holes in evolution is a nut, just like a moon landing or 9/11 conspiracy theorist.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Evolution is pretty obvious if you pay attention to the world around you or read a book.

Doesn’t however cover creation, just picks up after “something” was already here, alive.

So in gd fashion, get both
View Quote
This.

Ironically it infuriates both the Creationists and the Evolutionists.

So much for "dialogue".....
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
We can easily see evolution at work in species that change rapidly. The current flu mutates almost daily, and that's evolution happening.

On a somewhat slower scale, we've seen that a butterfly of a certain color, for instance, might get eaten by birds while one that mutates to a different color might survive, successfully  reproduce and thrive. That's evolution at work right under our noses ... the butterfly species evolved from red to yellow.

You can believe that God created us on the spot and not be in conflict with the concept of evolution. He just allowed everything else to evolve to improve and fit the environment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
That was a terrible video. We absolutely can simulate genetics with selective pressures and genetic drift. You can even do it in your browser....

http://rednuht.org/genetic_cars_2/

If you start 2 different sessions you will even see different strategies emerge from the different populations, then after hundreds of generations you may see them start to converge as the selective pressures even out because of the inherently random terrain generation.

We have even observed evolution in less complex organisms and smaller changes in more complex organisms such as humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment

1. Blue eyes didn't exist till about 6-10,000 years ago

2. humans are becoming more disease resistant (not just because of medical science) as it is an increasing selective pressure.

3. We are losing our wisdom teeth because of cranial changes of the last 30,000 years

4. Also because of those cranial changes our average brain volume has shrunk.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
explain bats.

the inbetween of not having wings, to having wings which would be millions of year, does not make sense. they would be easily picked off.
View Quote
That is not true, this is the same argument as the human eye. There are useful in between stages. Those in between stages may not provide flight, but gliding and longer jumping could provide advantageous properties. Much like flying squirrels.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This right here is how my wife, and I agreed to think about it.  That way we don't have to argue about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, did God create us in a blink, then we started changing per the natural order? Or did we evolve over a long time from guppies? That is the hard question. But anyone who denies any kind of evolution with examples like in this video, is an idiot. It is obvious that plants and animals change over time into different forms.
What if God created man via the process described by scientists as "evolution?"  A day to God can be as long or as short as He wants it to be.
This right here is how my wife, and I agreed to think about it.  That way we don't have to argue about it.
My wife pretty much called me a heretic for saying creation and evolution can possibly go hand in hand. I don't have all the answers and I'll never pretend to. Yes, I believe in intelligent design. There is just too much to go wrong on chance IMHO. Have things changed/adapted? Yup has the earth been here for eons? You betcha.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Evolution and mixed marriage in the same week and it's only Tuesday
View Quote
don't forget the ark
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL....Of the 87 things I need to care about today the battle between Creationism/Evolution is not one of them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Serious question.  If it was actually proven or able to be proven, why is it still called a theory?  Wouldn't it be called the Law of Evolution instead?
View Quote
Serious answer. To be called a "law", a theory must be mathematically provable, and withstand many attempts at invalidation over a long period of time. Evolution does not yet satisfy either condition.

A "theory" is an attempt to explain what has been observed, and that explanation should be testable and provide a prediction of the result.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL I love that he has a jar of peanut butter on the table next to him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Millions of years go by and no real advancement can be seen. We go, as a species, from that to the astounding complexity we live in today in 6 to 10000 years? Why is there no clearly defined lineage in the fossil record?

And has been asked many times, how did the astounding complexity that we see today in the world we live in, come from absolute nothingness. The only planet that we know of that is completely self-sustaining came from nothing.....
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Millions of years go by and no real advancement can be seen. We go, as a species, from that to the astounding complexity we live in today in 6 to 10000 years? Why is there no clearly defined lineage in the fossil record?

And has been asked many times, how did the astounding complexity that we see today in the world we live in, come from absolute nothingness. The only planet that we know of that is completely self-sustaining came from nothing.....
View Quote
How is the planet self sustaining?  Without energy from the sun it would be Pluto.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Of course!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Evolution occurred.  You may want to argue about how life was introduced...at this point, if you want to say God put it here, you can't be proven wrong.  But once it was here, it evolved from previous forms to present forms.  You may want to argue that God guided this process according to His will and you can't be proven wrong, but the process was there.  It's used in all our biological sciences and those sciences work.  It can be proven without a doubt that life began at least hundreds of millions of years ago.  It can be proven without a doubt that the Earth is billions of years old and the universe even older.  It can be proven without a doubt that the vast majority of species that ever lived are dead now and most died millions of years ago.  It can be proven without a doubt that humans are more recent than those other species.  It can also be proven that many of those species are closely related and share common features.

So, if you don't want to believe that evolution occurred, you're left with the scenario that God has been using the Earth as some sort of giant product testing lab, where he created species then killed them off, using similar designs, over hundreds of millions of years, for no apparent reason, until he came up with humans.

It makes more sense to me that an all-powerful God, if such a being exists, would allow things to unfold according to circumstances He set in motion initially, with the knowledge that it was going to happen exactly as He wanted it to.
View Quote
Or, that God created all this a few thousand years ago, but He created it already old.  He created it to have every appearance, outward AND inward, of being of a certain age.  Why would HE do this?  I dunno, I'm not God.  Maybe He just likes fucking with people.  Or maybe everything is just as it seems to be.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The theory is sound.

We are able to affect it in fruits and veggies at a faster rate. It makes sense that things change over time. Humans are even different from what they were several hundred years ago. Size and whatnot.

Now, did God create us in a blink, then we started changing per the natural order? Or did we evolve over a long time from guppies? That is the hard question. But anyone who denies any kind of evolution with examples like in this video, is an idiot. It is obvious that plants and animals change over time into different forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Qly-VQfbo
View Quote
Results of better nutrition and not evolution.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, sorry, but to paraphrase My Cousin Vinny, everything you just said is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Even Darwin decided his theory was flawed. So the guy who came up with the idea said it wasn't any good.

View Quote
No, that would be a lie.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Natural selection is obvious. But i still don't understand how natural selection results in entirely new species.

You've got white rabbits and brown rabbits. the brown rabbits get eaten in the winter because they are easily spotted by predators. eventually only brown rabbits survive and thrive. But neither the brown rabbits or the white rabbits turn into another species.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is an argument i’ve been involved in before and have no desire to get involved in again on here, but one thing I have to point out, you cannot as a Christian who believes in the Bible believe in anything other than biblical creation.
View Quote
Absolutely, totally, completely WRONG.

Do consider that those people who saw things, heard things, told their stories, wrote them down, retold them, transcribed them, over and over and over over the ages,  often were very, very uneducated by modern standards.   People living in the dark ages 2000 years ago can not be counted upon to relay accurate information regarding encounters they had and events that occurred that required understanding of things that had not yet been discovered or taught to others.

The biblical story of creation was written by people who could not even conceive of the concept of evolution and when you looked in their minds at the folders marked "science" and the sub-folders marked "archaeology",  "genetics", "chemistry", "geology", and so on and so forth, those folders weren't just EMPTY, they weren't there at all.

At the time it was written, nothing BUT something as fanciful as a creation story could have been written or accepted.

For me to attempt to give you an in-depth education of how to fabricate microprocessors and embed microcode into the logic gates that are mask programmed into them during vapor phase ionic deposition would require you to have a very solid grounding in hardware coding and semiconductor fabrication at the very minimum.

It'd go right over your head if I was even qualified to teach the course.

For the bible to teach the truth of evolution, the audience would have to be educationally ready to accept the lesson.

But we're talking about a bunch of people who thought the elements were air, earth, fire, and water and had no clue the world wasn't flat.

You really think that people should believe stories written by sheepherders over 2000 years ago as literal truth when it comes to how our species came to be?  Seriously?

I do not ridicule your religion.  Truly, I don't.  But you must consider that scriptures are written from the limited understanding available to those who witnessed and wrote them.  TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO.    A time at which the average educational level of people in the world was....incalculably low by modern standards.   They knew enough to survive.  A few better educated ones could even count.   But comprehend evolution?  Hah!  Not hardly!  And how can you write about, and teach, something you don't understand and in fact can't even conceive of?

My version of god is much smarter and much more powerful than yours.  He created the universe and it evolved just the way he wanted it to.  THAT is called PLANNING and EXECUTION.  

You base your belief in creation on the evidence of ONE book.   I base my belief in evolution on evidence that is sufficient to fill a large library without any duplicated information.

One of those is a much more sensible position than the other.  One has abundant evidence.  The other is a book of stories with morality lessons that I generally approve of despite its low technical writing level.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Natural selection is obvious. But i still don't understand how natural selection results in entirely new species.
View Quote
That's okay, other people do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ultimately, the theory of evolution and the assertion of creation both depend upon the answer to a single question: How did it begin?
View Quote
That's the question to ask.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Every day I care less and less about scientific theories that stem out man's finite mind and care more and more about the implicit truths found in God's word.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ultimately, the theory of evolution and the assertion of creation both depend upon the answer to a single question: How did it begin?
But that is NOT the purview of evolutionary theory.  Evolution is the study of how life changed from previous forms to later forms.  It is not the study of how life began, really.  Whether life came from a chemical reaction or a comet or God, it evolved once it got here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Every day I care less and less about scientific theories that stem out man's finite mind and care more and more about the implicit truths found in God's word.
View Quote
Do you like not dying of typhus or cholera or the plague?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah kinda sorta like recycling/copying
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You've got white rabbits and brown rabbits. the brown rabbits get eaten in the winter because they are easily spotted by predators. eventually only brown rabbits survive and thrive. But neither the brown rabbits or the white rabbits turn into another species.
View Quote
It doesn't, all pure BS.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#32]
It's the best answer that fits the data.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Serious question.  If it was actually proven or able to be proven, why is it still called a theory?  Wouldn't it be called the Law of Evolution instead?
View Quote
Two common misconceptions cleared up for the price of one: science never proves anything, and theories never become laws.

Scientific theories are either strengthened or weakened over time, but they always remain theories and are alway subject to revision at any time with new evidence. They are never "proven". The strongest theories have withstood many challenges over a long time. The theory of evolution is among these.

Laws are observed phenomenon. Thus, the law of gravity is what it does. The theory of gravity is why it does it. The theory of gravity will never become the law of gravity.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if God created man via the process described by scientists as "evolution?"  A day to God can be as long or as short as He wants it to be.
Our pastor when I went through confirmation said that in the early bibles he had read (Greek I think) it said period of time instead of day for creation.   It makes more sense to me if you read in the first period of time, second, etc.  Then instead of magically making things out of nothing as he went along you have the universe created w/ natural laws, and then things proceed under those laws.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It doesn't, all pure BS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't, all pure BS.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't, all pure BS.
Adaptation? Sure, complete change of kind/species is BS. A frog today looks like a frog of the earliest times.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mutation depends upon new information being introduced into the genome.

DNA is encoded information, like the software that runs computers, but much more complex. Observed (key word) science shows that the mutations we see are from copying errors or breaks in the DNA sequence. These are downward mutations, not upward which would be required for a beneficial mutation.

In other words, observation shows that there is no new information being added, so actual macroevolution is not possible.

If anybody is interested in reading on the subject, I recommend "Signature in the Cell" (Meyer) and "Darwin's Black Box" (Behe).

If you're not interested in reading such books, I can't help you.
View Quote
The FLU laughs at your position, as it mutates to be vaccine resistant.  The lowly pug looks at you and sez we wuz wolves once....
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do you believe man was created in the image of God?

If you reject that notion than some sort of substitute explanation must be substituted

or you can have a coke
View Quote
I'm agnostic. I'm not saying that God doesn't exist, but the whole created in his image thing is a little silly. God existed before the Earth, but created us in his image... which just happens to be perfectly suited to do things like walk in gravity, breathe air through a nose, eat food, and excrete waste through our butthole etc. God certainly wouldn't have needed those. He's immortal, exists beyond the confines of this planet, and probably doesn't need to eat or poop. So either God is from an Earth like planet and needs to breathe, eat, poop, etc or... you weren't actually created in his image.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Adults in the nuclear age asking questions like this is why I have no faith in the long-term future of humanity.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Results of better nutrition and not evolution.
View Quote
yet we have sickle cell anemia as a defense against malaria. we have increased skin pigments in areas where people receive a lot of sun and wear little clothing. These were selected for. Diet didn't do it, the environment did.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Evolution can be observed in some instances.  For example there is a Moth (in England I believe) that has gone from a grey mottled color to white or cream color.  This was observed due to urban development making white a better color.

I can't remember all the details or the exact moth.  But this changed occurred in just a few years.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has science given man eternal life?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
no doubt... in for this shit show
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Evolution can be observed in some instances.  For example there is a Moth (in England I believe) that has gone from a grey mottled color to white or cream color.  This was observed due to urban development making white a better color.

I can't remember all the details or the exact moth.  But this changed occurred in just a few years.
View Quote
That's simply natural selection
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, no intelligent design here...

Amazing Flagellum : Michael Behe and the Revolution of Intelligent Design
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which over time becomes evolution.   Pressure on the species and time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not really.

Evolution is a process.
Creation / the origin of life is an event.

Event =/= Process.

evolution is silent on the origin of life, by definition. Do not try and conflate the two.

This is why Evolution and creation are compatible. They are completely different topics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We actually share a LOT of DNA with reptiles. From what I remember in my college genetics class we share 99.9999% of our DNA with other humans, 99% with chimpanzees, 98% with other primates, at least 70% with most other animals (from ants to blue whales), and 50% with the current selectively bred variety of Dessert Bananas.
View Quote
So your saying we could have evolved from Bananas. That's Bananas!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone who tries to point out holes in evolution is a nut, just like a moon landing or 9/11 conspiracy theorist.
View Quote
What does evolution have to do with recent historical events? Why are they connected? I think Atheists are more likely to believe in those conspiracy theories.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm agnostic. I'm not saying that God doesn't exist, but the whole created in his image thing is a little silly. God existed before the Earth, but created us in his image... which just happens to be perfectly suited to do things like walk in gravity, breathe air through a nose, eat food, and excrete waste through our butthole etc. God certainly wouldn't have needed those. He's immortal, exists beyond the confines of this planet, and probably doesn't need to eat or poop. So either God is from an Earth like planet and needs to breathe, eat, poop, etc or... you weren't actually created in his image.
View Quote
I never took it to be literally in his image as in appearance. More of in his image with a soul and free-will. The ability to create and destroy. Possessing the capacity for love and hate. Those are god-like attributes, no matter what your religion.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top