User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tell us how you really feel

Just remember that we are everywhere... in the military, in your hospitals, in the police.  WE have infiltrated your entire society. ALL WILL BE PONY.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bronies are the scum of the Earth.

Just remember that we are everywhere... in the military, in your hospitals, in the police.  WE have infiltrated your entire society. ALL WILL BE PONY.

Been watching a little 'Fight Club' have you?

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/xWVxI6XZAuE

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bronies are the scum of the Earth.

http://youtu.be/xWVxI6XZAuE

Honestly, I've never seen fight club.  Hell I only saw pulp fiction a month ago  I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on my movie list.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i don't give a fuck what you do with your spare time, but i still think bronies are creepy motherfuckers that I wouldn't allow to be alone with any children I know.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My daughter loves the show. And honestly, I'd rather her watch that and watch it with her than subject either of us to Spongebob or Adventure Time (those might be two of the worst shows every created IMHO)

Do I watch the show on my own? No. Do I see anything wrong with anyone else who wants to watch it? No. It may be a little odd because it's considered outside the "norm" but society isn't always correct in their view of things. Look at gun ownership and the way many gun owners are viewed in communities because of the media.

Watch whatever the hell you want, who gives a fuck.

For so many people here who claim to be libertarians and want less involvement in others lives, you can be a judgmental group of tards.

That being said, the term "Brony" is on par in my book with the term "Selfie"....I think it's just silly
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]
WHAT THE FUCK?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]

I swear you have 31968 posts of this. Awesome.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
This is going to be good.

<---501st legion member (aka big SW nerd), also a blue shirt TNG wearer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All adult men (without kids) who are fans of the show have issues (but want to be treated just like they were watching football instead of a little girls tv program).
View Quote

And what issues would that be? Which school did you get your psychology or degree or doctorate?

Good thing I have a kid and am normal. I hope she doesn't get interested in some sort of show or activity geared for boys. She will probably grow up with issues. Her favorite color right now is light blue. She can be aggressive on the soccer field. The other day she wanted to wear a color other than pink or purple. Maybe there is a special camp I can send her to? The other day I caught her with a screwdriver. Am I raising a deviant?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And what issues would that be? Which school did you get your psychology or degree or doctorate?

Good thing I have a kid and am normal. I hope she doesn't get interested in some sort of show or activity geared for boys. She will probably grow up with issues. Her favorite color right now is light blue. She can be aggressive on the soccer field. The other day she wanted to wear a color other than pink or purple. Maybe there is a special camp I can send her to? The other day I caught her with a screwdriver. Am I raising a deviant?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All adult men (without kids) who are fans of the show have issues (but want to be treated just like they were watching football instead of a little girls tv program).

According to this thread, yes. Don't ever let her shoot a gun!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not seen Fight Club, and has a pony for an avatar.  Hmmmm.

Man Card, hand it over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I've never seen fight club.  

Man Card, hand it over.

Nah, I think I'll hold onto it.  Not a big fan of Brad Pitt movies.  

Now Mr. and Mrs. Smith amused the hell out of me.  I have to give that movie credit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh lawrdy!  She's a deviant already!  Pink used to be a man's color...

Unless Sinatra and the Rat Pack were a bunch of fairies... what do we do?

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Now Mr. and Mrs. Smith amused the hell out of me.  I have to give that movie credit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man Card, hand it over.

Fight Club was a good movie. Based on the book by Palahchunik (sp?) and his books tend to be a little fucked up and odd.

Even if you're not a pitt fan, you should still check it out.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Single adult males that watch that shit on purpose are the product of a failed family unit, and I wouldn't want them around my family, nor would I hire them for a real job.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fight Club was a good movie. Based on the book by Palahchunik (sp?) and his books tend to be a little fucked up and odd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man Card, hand it over.

Once our internet cap rolls over next week, I'll have to rent it on a day off.  Moving around and new job have gotten me way behind on things the last few years.  Then again, it was my choice to live in the jungle with electricity for only 3 hours a day...and then move back to the frozen butthole of Alaska
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man Card, hand it over.

Fight Club is worth seeing any way. Also, if you liked Pulp Fiction, you should watch Reservoir Dogs and Boondock Saints.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/5AEwSRWh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UWdnwgBh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CnXVG8xh.jpg

Single adult males that watch that shit on purpose are the product of a failed family unit, and I wouldn't want them around my family, nor would I hire them for a real job.
View Quote

Yeah, even in the brony thread we went

There are fucked up things in the world.  Then again you shouldn't judge a group by a few members, otherwise you would be a baby killing deer rapist who bathes in the blood of entire families...

Either way, that dude is a special kind of
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Holy shit I thought this was some sort of joke.

What.  

The.  

Fuck.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even the bronies think that guy is off his rocker.

Comparing the people on the board who are into mlp to that guy, is about on par with the libs comparing all black rifle owners to mass murders.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fight Club is worth seeing any way. Also, if you liked Pulp Fiction, you should watch Reservoir Dogs and Boondock Saints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man Card, hand it over.

Boondock saints was good, although the second was kind of meh.  I always forget about Reservoir Dogs.  One more thing to the list.  After an ER shift, I'm either good for bed or want to watch the world burn...
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is very disturbing.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Comparing the people on the board who are into mlp to that guy, is about on par with the libs comparing all black rifle owners to mass murders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's only wrong when liberals do it to things we like.  When we do it to things we don't like, it's perfectly sane and logical and based on how smart we are.  Duh.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shit like this is partially why BakerMike decided to take a vacation from Arfcom.
View Quote

That's not what I said. Please, don't put words in my mouth.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Holy shit I thought this was some sort of joke.

What.  

The.  

Fuck.

View Quote

It's even more fun if you imagine what sort of "tolerance" this would get in, say, the 1930's versus the understanding we're expected to have of whatever today.

I really wish I could have seen America in its prime, and lived when men were men and women were women.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol touché. At least this is an amusing way to start the morning.

If it helps, I also watch Red Dwarf, anime, and those shows by douche McFarland. The missus watches ponies too. She's hardcore lol  tshirts  and everything. I just like the show damnit lol.
View Quote

Do you have kids?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are fucked up things in the world.  Then again you shouldn't judge a group by a few members, otherwise you would be a baby killing deer rapist who bathes in the blood of entire families...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the deal.  If you watch MLP and like it, good for you. No harm, no foul.
Once you self identify as a brony, that is when you lose all credibility as a man.

How is that line of thinking?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't put words in my mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit like this is partially why BakerMike decided to take a vacation from Arfcom.  Honestly I can't blame him for it.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Holy crap!  When did you get back?  And if I did, sorry. I honestly thought that was a good chunk of why.

Welcome back,

ETA:  I went back and dropped that part.  Again, sorry Baker, was not my intent.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's only wrong when liberals do it to things we like.  When we do it to things we don't like, it's perfectly sane and logical and based on how smart we are.  Duh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to go pretty much that way around here. While I don't have any interest in the show, I don't feel a need to be judgmental about people who do.

I did watch some Loony Toons one morning when I caught it on. A bowl of cereal and Saturday morning cartoons.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do you have kids?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol touché. At least this is an amusing way to start the morning.

If it helps, I also watch Red Dwarf, anime, and those shows by douche McFarland. The missus watches ponies too. She's hardcore lol  tshirts  and everything. I just like the show damnit lol.

Do you have kids?

2 god kids.  We've decided no kids until we get our careers figured out/whats going on with me medically.  She's not a kid person, but I'd love to have some little terrors running around sometime.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am not joking, but I would be very worried that any grown man that routinely watches a show made for little girls, is a pedophile (not including fathers forced to watch it by said little girls).
View Quote

couldn't have said it better
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
i don't give a fuck what you do with your spare time, but i still think bronies are creepy motherfuckers that I wouldn't allow to be alone with any children I know.
View Quote

This.  They are weird, no chance I would want one in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit like this is partially why BakerMike decided to take a vacation from Arfcom.

Whatever the reason, glad to see you back, man.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Once you self identify as a brony, that is when you lose all credibility as a man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds fair enough.  I self identify as an asshole first and an Alaskan second, although both are partially inclusive to each other at points.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Logic fail.

Nobody is saying you can't watch it, or they are going to stop you from watching it.

Just that adult men (without children) who are fans of the show have well issues.  There are plenty of shows that teach morals (though honestly if you don't know and have morals by the time you're an adults - well you have issues).

We won't stop a person from crossdressing, but that doesn't mean we're going to hang out with them and think they're right in the head.  Have at it, but if you admit to it, expect expect some ribbing.
View Quote
Issues?

How can you possibly know?  I think you're making generalizations that simply don't hold water.

I like animation in general.  I'm not limited to old school stuff or what's current, or anime,  or any other

particular style.   I happen to ALSO enjoy the hell out of Spongebob.

But,  truth be told,  Spongebob's average episode is CONSIDERABLY more juvenile and aimed more squarely

at very young kids than any episode of MLP I've seen in the fairly recent past.

I should know.  I watch both these shows.   And others. Futurama is always good.  

I've found that some MLP episodes actually begin to approach "mature subject matter" on several occasions.

Most of the main characters have experienced what could perhaps accurately be described as psychotic breaks,

complete in some cases with them speaking in satanic voices.    I don't exactly consider that to be material

appropriate for the 3 to 6 age range.

Lauren Faust, the creator of the current show,  states that she always intended that the show should appeal

to a broader audience.  She intentionally wrote the show so that it could be enjoyed by kids AND their parents.

Clearly she succeeded and in a very, very big way,  quite unexpectedly.

I don't see any evidence that supports the blanket assertment the adults who enjoy this show have "issues"

but there is no doubt that there are who are so emotionally insecure in themself (certainly this is an "issue")

that they can't even tolerate the idea of someone else finding amusement in something they themselves are

not even willing to investigate for themselves.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
No, it doesn't. Liberals are against gun ownership, property rights, conventional parenting etc, are demonstrably irrational and are actively campaigning against your rights. Your average Joe sixpack who thinks pony people are faggots, are NOT INFRINGING ON YOUR RIGHTS AT ALL. I can demonstrate logically, why a normal man such as myself, feels absolute revulsion with pony people:

1. The victim complex

2. Most of them are virgin white guys

3. Most of them are out of shape

4. Most of them are effeminate

5. The constant meme spam

6. The constant attempts at painting their opposition as hypocrites and and questioning their oppositions sexuality, correlating an opinion against them, with liberalism, irrationality etc.

7. The hive mind and preconditioned responses* *This can be tied in with point 5
The list could go on, but you get the point. I don't care one way or the other if you watch the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just that adult men (without children) who are fans of the show have well issues.  

No that pretty much sounds exactly sounds like some libertard.

No, it doesn't. Liberals are against gun ownership, property rights, conventional parenting etc, are demonstrably irrational and are actively campaigning against your rights. Your average Joe sixpack who thinks pony people are faggots, are NOT INFRINGING ON YOUR RIGHTS AT ALL. I can demonstrate logically, why a normal man such as myself, feels absolute revulsion with pony people:

1. The victim complex

2. Most of them are virgin white guys

3. Most of them are out of shape

4. Most of them are effeminate

5. The constant meme spam

6. The constant attempts at painting their opposition as hypocrites and and questioning their oppositions sexuality, correlating an opinion against them, with liberalism, irrationality etc.

7. The hive mind and preconditioned responses* *This can be tied in with point 5
The list could go on, but you get the point. I don't care one way or the other if you watch the show.

Wow, that sure is a long list of things you just pull out of your ass, isn't it? For your sake I hope not.  It would be unhealthy to have an ass that big.

Your own personal insecurities shine through your list loud and clear.   Are you sure that list isn't your own description of YOU?

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sounds fair enough.  I self identify as an asshole first and an Alaskan second, although both are partially inclusive to each other at points.
View Quote

I've seen enough shows on Alaska to know that you are crazy for living up there.
Holy shit spend what 4 good months out of the year preparing for 8 months of winter? Dammit man!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread is almost as good as a beans/no beans chili thread. Or an OC thread. Or the classic 9mm/45APC argument.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Eww...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a person who wrote a 409 page fanfic regarding this show. I can say yes.

Eww...

God only knows what sort of image the word fanfic connotes feel free to read it and give me some feedback
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Bring back Freakazoid dammit!
Or at least The Tick.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've seen enough shows on Alaska to know that you are crazy for living up there.
Holy shit spend what 4 good months out of the year preparing for 8 months of winter? Dammit man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are bored, check out my Alaska photo thread in GD.  Year before last it was -75 or colder for 3 weeks.  Ended up cutting the pipes under the house so I would know where the breaks were.

That said, after 26 years up here, I'm probably leaving in the summer.  Been a shitty year medically for me, and I can barely work, let alone function in the cold.  Love it here, but as bad off as I'm getting, I just don't think I can hack it much longer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#48]
No.

Because it's never on.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I am not joking, but I would be very worried that any grown man that routinely watches a show made for little girls, is a pedophile (not including fathers forced to watch it by said little girls).
View Quote

I have 5 daughters....  I watch ponies as well as many other shows that make me wish to gouge my eyes out and stick forks through my ears much more so than the ponies.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No.

Because it's never on.
View Quote

Youtube has all the episodes
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top