Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you sure that list isn't your own description of YOU?  
View Quote

Yep. That's why I prefaced that list with a statement about "This is a list of why normal people don't like pony people."

Also, don't try and make me out to be a kook, when you write pony erotica, lol.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wow, that sure is a long list of things you just pull out of your ass, isn't it? For your sake I hope not.  It would be unhealthy to have an ass that big.

Your own personal insecurities shine through your list loud and clear.   Are you sure that list isn't your own description of YOU?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just that adult men (without children) who are fans of the show have well issues.  

No that pretty much sounds exactly sounds like some libertard.

No, it doesn't. Liberals are against gun ownership, property rights, conventional parenting etc, are demonstrably irrational and are actively campaigning against your rights. Your average Joe sixpack who thinks pony people are faggots, are NOT INFRINGING ON YOUR RIGHTS AT ALL. I can demonstrate logically, why a normal man such as myself, feels absolute revulsion with pony people:

1. The victim complex

2. Most of them are virgin white guys

3. Most of them are out of shape

4. Most of them are effeminate

5. The constant meme spam

6. The constant attempts at painting their opposition as hypocrites and and questioning their oppositions sexuality, correlating an opinion against them, with liberalism, irrationality etc.

7. The hive mind and preconditioned responses* *This can be tied in with point 5

The list could go on, but you get the point. I don't care one way or the other if you watch the show.

Wow, that sure is a long list of things you just pull out of your ass, isn't it? For your sake I hope not.  It would be unhealthy to have an ass that big.

Your own personal insecurities shine through your list loud and clear.   Are you sure that list isn't your own description of YOU?

That list us accurate based on my experience.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
(see Sigmund Freud's comments on fear of weaponry)
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/5AEwSRWh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UWdnwgBh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CnXVG8xh.jpg

Single adult males that watch that shit on purpose are the product of a failed family unit, and I wouldn't want them around my family, nor would I hire them for a real job.
View Quote

Quoted for posterity.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You should be banned for even fucking asking some bullshit like that, joke or not. Chopper Reid says, "Harden the fuck up OP!"
View Quote

Did you even read the 35 word OP before posting?

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

According to some on here it's perfectly normal and ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Single adult males that watch that shit on purpose are the product of a failed family unit, and I wouldn't want them around my family, nor would I hire them for a real job.

That is very disturbing.

I see you glossed over the pony folks who said they consider him a freak.

But go ahead with intellectual dishonesty.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very disturbing.

No no one is saying what that guy did was normal. He is a nut bag.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I've seen it,  I have kids.  Sometimes a show ends and another comes on without paying much attention to it.  My kids wouldn't watch it on purpose, nor would I.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No no one is saying what that guy did was normal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very disturbing.

No no one is saying what that guy did was normal.

Actually, using the logic that the pony people use, they do accept it. Previously in this very thread, pony people said that everyone should MYOB about pony stuff and if you didn't, you were a big government goon - now you're saying it's okay to attack "the weird ones". Here's the key point: If you are in to the pony show/ cult, you are a weird one and should expect to be ostracized by mainstream society.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ah yes because a CHILD interested in trying other things is normal - even thing not traditionally female like shooting, racing cars, and football.

An adult male watching a little girl's TV show (toy infomercial), not because they are watching TV with their kids - but because they like the show, is exactly the same thing.

Jeeze where do you people come up with this stuff.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good thing I have a kid and am normal. I hope she doesn't get interested in some sort of show or activity geared for boys. ..

Ah yes because a CHILD interested in trying other things is normal - even thing not traditionally female like shooting, racing cars, and football.

An adult male watching a little girl's TV show (toy infomercial), not because they are watching TV with their kids - but because they like the show, is exactly the same thing.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Not really sure how that applies to people who don't follow the same religion as you.  

Just a thought really, but considering I'm not christian, why should that statement mean anything to me?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just following the ponies examples..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very disturbing.

I see you glossed over the pony folks who said they consider him a freak.

But go ahead with intellectual dishonesty.

Just following the ponies examples..

And I'm sure you can give us a few quotes to prove that, right?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Actually, using the logic that the pony people use, they do accept it. Previously in this very thread, pony people said that everyone should MYOB about pony stuff and if you didn't, you were a big government goon - now you're saying it's okay to attack "the weird ones". Here's the key point: If you are in to the pony show/ cult, you are a weird one and should expect to be ostracized by mainstream society.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, then, everyone who likes something I don't like, or is out of the norm, is a fucking freak not fit to be in society.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Okay, then, everyone who likes something I don't like, or is out of the norm, is a fucking freak not fit to be in society.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget that "people" with opinions like that ran Rikers Island and Bethlem Asylum.  They are just so understanding.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Forget the book it came from, it's a life lesson.  When you're a child you get to do and say things that are inappropriate as an adult. That's been western culture for thousands of years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good thing I have a kid and am normal. I hope she doesn't get interested in some sort of show or activity geared for boys. ..

Not really sure how that applies to people who don't follow the same religion as you.  

Forget the book it came from, it's a life lesson.  When you're a child you get to do and say things that are inappropriate as an adult. That's been western culture for thousands of years.

So no grown men should watch cartoons or read comic books or own action figures. Got it.

All those prior mentioned things are for kids, remember that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Go back to the Catholic one for example..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it, Shedevil had a point. When you paint with a broad brush, you gotta expect to get splashed on yourself.

And this is coming from a Catholic.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you believe that?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly another tenant of western society for thousands of years was "judge not," yet I see that being discarded daily.  History has proven that people will discard/manipulate/twist whatever they deem necessary to further agendas.

The world would be a lot better off if people lived by their values instead of dying for them.  (that was just a general comment about society,not a plug at you)
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Do you believe that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you believe that?
No, but I do believe that most 13ers are fucking freaks who are not fit to be in society.  Especially when they're retread accounts of banned members.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Gay, but whatever.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#28]
For something you guys claim you don't have any interest in, you sure do spend a lot of time and effort

talking about it in this topic.
Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For something you guys claim you don't have any interest in, you sure do spend a lot of time and effort

View Quote

I'm just here for the muffins. And the AR lowers with MLP on them
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per YOUR definition of what is "normal". So it's not normal because it's for the "wrong" age, or the the "wrong" gender? Is it ok that I like the old Batman: The Animated series, Animaniacs, and the new Clone Wars? Is that OK because its geared for boys - or is that childish things I should put away?

Guess I'll get rid of several boxes of various collections I have amassed. Time to get serious and fill out some tax forms, rotate the wheels on my car, and worry about cost of gasoline.

"Childhood is over the moment you realize you're going to die." - The Crow
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That list us accurate based on my experience.
View Quote

It's anecdotal evidence on the internet - so it must be true!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

10th Lecture of  " A General Introduction to
Psychoanalysis" (1916-17)

Freud associates retarded sexual and emotional development not with gun ownership, but with fear and  loathing of weapons.
~Don B. Kates, Jr., Guns, Murders, and the Constitution -- A Realistic
Assessment of Gun Control (Don Kates is a San Francisco criminologist and
civil liberties lawyer).

Most gun owners cite "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. ", but the quote comes from Kate's summation of one of Freud's works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
(see Sigmund Freud's comments on fear of weaponry)

Link?

10th Lecture of  " A General Introduction to
Psychoanalysis" (1916-17)

Freud associates retarded sexual and emotional development not with gun ownership, but with fear and  loathing of weapons.
~Don B. Kates, Jr., Guns, Murders, and the Constitution -- A Realistic
Assessment of Gun Control (Don Kates is a San Francisco criminologist and
civil liberties lawyer).

Most gun owners cite "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. ", but the quote comes from Kate's summation of one of Freud's works.

You do realize a lot of Freud's ideas haven't held up with time.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#33]
God dammit I missed the butthurt
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question, Are you a Christian/believer in the Christian bible?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Per YOUR definition of what is "normal". So it's not normal because it's for the "wrong" age, or the the "wrong" gender? Is it ok that I like the old Batman: The Animated series, Animaniacs, and the new Clone Wars? Is that OK because its geared for boys - or is that childish things I should put away?

Guess I'll get rid of several boxes of various collections I have amassed. Time to get serious and fill out some tax forms, rotate the wheels on my car, and worry about cost of gasoline.

"Childhood is over the moment you realize you're going to die."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Childhood is over the moment you realize you're going to die."

I'd like to ammend that quote a bit.  Childhood is over the moment you refuse to realize that you are going to die.  

Personal rant about the thread topic below...

I see more death than I would like at work.  Some people fight it, others give in to the inevitable.  I would rather enjoy what little time I have left than worry about the how and why of my end.  Life is too short to be taken seriously.  Over the last month or so, I'll openly admit I've been damn close to quitting my job.  Truthfully, I'm still considering it.  I have an incredible amount of respect for the clinical staff because they are the closest to all of it.  Minus one or two doctors, the folks I have the privilege of working with are some of the best folks I've met.  Its just turning me into a jaded asshole.

Death is a part of life.  I at least try to laugh at it instead of being torn down by it.  Silly cartoons like MLP help me do that.  Hell, they helped the missus cheer up after her mother passed away.  Sometimes laughter is the best medicine.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

According to some no one on here it's perfectly normal and ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very disturbing.

Your agenda is showing so I fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful, there, you wouldn't want to get too derpy with all that talk.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very disturbing.

As opposed to the Sweden-like pony people, who are perfectly neutral in all things.

Please.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You talking about my post? If so you missed the sarcasm about painting with a broad brush.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well since I don't do those things I really can't tell.

However I do know there are 'adult' comic books (I think they call them Graphic Novels) again not my thing but the media itself is not childish.  There are adult anime and animation - the media isn't the issue it's the subject matter and story lines and who they are targeted at.

Now if you're reading Scooby-Do or Archie comics then yes there may be issues (TM).

Do they make adult action figures (i.e. really expensive things that are meant for display or 'investment' instead of play)?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So no grown men should watch cartoons or read comic books or own action figures. Got it.

All those prior mentioned things are for kids, remember that.

Well since I don't do those things I really can't tell.

However I do know there are 'adult' comic books (I think they call them Graphic Novels) again not my thing but the media itself is not childish.  There are adult anime and animation - the media isn't the issue it's the subject matter and story lines and who they are targeted at.

Now if you're reading Scooby-Do or Archie comics then yes there may be issues (TM).

Do they make adult action figures (i.e. really expensive things that are meant for display or 'investment' instead of play)?  

Most manga/graphic novels are directed towards teenagers/"young adults". Still under 18, still children by law. And "adult action figures for collecting"? Most of those are still the 3 3/4" action figures, the limited runs are generally displays or busts, so they're more statues anyways, not toys or action figures.

And in regards to targeting, I recently re-watched some cartoons from my childhood and was amazed by the number of sexual innuendos they were laced with. Hell, I watched Ren and Stimpy on Nickelodeon before it was pulled, and now you would have parents screaming if their kids watched that.

But, I digress.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because you seem not to understand the context of the quote.  People who know they are doing wrong are quick to pull it out.  But then I saw a couple Bronies 'Judging' the Facebook MLP guy...
I'll openly admit that I don't understand the full context.  Haven't been christian in a decade, so I am a bit rusty.  *shrug*
One isn't to 'judge' people while doing that same thing (that's hypocrisy).  If we were not to judge then the concepts of shame, societal norms, and even justice would have not meaning.  We'd have a society of situational ethics and people saying "Thats like your opinion, man'.
Valid point.  That said, I am sorely starting to think our society is beyond saving.  (not directed at you, but society in general)

Your use of the 'Judge Not' quote could fall into this
Was partially meant that way.  

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly another tenant of western society for thousands of years was "judge not," yet I see that being discarded daily.  

Because you seem not to understand the context of the quote.  People who know they are doing wrong are quick to pull it out.  But then I saw a couple Bronies 'Judging' the Facebook MLP guy...
I'll openly admit that I don't understand the full context.  Haven't been christian in a decade, so I am a bit rusty.  *shrug*
One isn't to 'judge' people while doing that same thing (that's hypocrisy).  If we were not to judge then the concepts of shame, societal norms, and even justice would have not meaning.  We'd have a society of situational ethics and people saying "Thats like your opinion, man'.
Valid point.  That said, I am sorely starting to think our society is beyond saving.  (not directed at you, but society in general)
History has proven that people will discard/manipulate/twist whatever they deem necessary to further agendas.

Your use of the 'Judge Not' quote could fall into this
Was partially meant that way.  
The world would be a lot better off if people lived by their values instead of dying for them.  (that was just a general comment about society,not a plug at you)

Agreed.

Personally, I lean towards "think what you want, but I might tell you off if you get on me about it"  Pretty much someone's business is their own.  Outside of Arfcom and a few other places, none know that I watch the show.  Not their business.  Only reason I talk about it here is that I was converted here, and I got sick of people jumping on the pedo train.  

So long as its legal, people should be able to do whatever in their homes without repercussions.  Considering I know that someone will throw it back at me, key words were LEGAL and OWN HOME.  So no, pedos are still going to jail.  Gays can be gay, furries can fur, and that one guy that likes to dress up in a latex balloon costume can as far as I'm concerned.  Just stay out of my home with it.

Kind of like the whole satanism thread the other day.  If one religion can donate a monument of their religious laws to a courthouse, why shouldn't another religion be allowed it?  All or none.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

that's not the same.

All adult men (without kids) who are fans of the show have issues (but want to be treated just like they were watching football instead of a little girls tv program).

However pretty much all Catholics are disgusted by those priests that were pedophiles.

In your examples the Pedophile Priests are the Bronies and the Catholic church members are like the posters in this thread that think Adult male bronies are 'Gay' or 'Pedophiles'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a question, isn't saying all non-little girls that watch the show are pedos the same thing as the libs saying all gun owners are psychos and murderers?   Like a tv show and raping little kids seems like a little bit of a stretch to me.  Eh, what do I know.

Its exactly the same. There are a bunch of freedom loving hypocrites on here that support your freedoms as long as its on their terms. A lot like the Democrats.

Logic fail.

Nobody is saying you can't watch it, or they are going to stop you from watching it.

Just that adult men (without children) who are fans of the show have well issues.  There are plenty of shows that teach morals (though honestly if you don't know and have morals by the time you're an adults - well you have issues).

We won't stop a person from crossdressing, but that doesn't mean we're going to hang out with them and think they're right in the head.  Have at it, but if you admit to it, expect expect some ribbing.

So using that same logic pattern, would you also conclude that all Catholics have issues because a handful of priests were pedophiles?

that's not the same.

All adult men (without kids) who are fans of the show have issues (but want to be treated just like they were watching football instead of a little girls tv program).

However pretty much all Catholics are disgusted by those priests that were pedophiles.

In your examples the Pedophile Priests are the Bronies and the Catholic church members are like the posters in this thread that think Adult male bronies are 'Gay' or 'Pedophiles'.

Not even close, bless your heart, but thanks for trying to use reason and logic. Notice I said trying, not succeeding. I think reason and logic are a little beyond you grasp.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#49]
No, I've never watched the show, but I think some of the memes are funny and I always get some enjoyment out of the brony threads. The amount of butthurt (usually from profoundly insecure "manly men" who perceive their masculinity to be threatened by an innocuous television show) is both excessive and entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I only heard of the show from the rage/butthurt threads that popped up in GD.  All of the hate made me curious about the show.  I checked it out on youtube, and found out it's like the powerpuff girls.  Its a damn cartoon that has some entertainment factor.  I don't know why some folks get so wrapped around the axle about people watching it.  I ain't no pony fan, but I don't hate or think any less of any grown person that watches it and isn't all rapey about it like that facebook whacko.

BakerMike was a cool dude, and it sucks that he ain't on here anymore.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top