Nah, I sell wet teddy bears.
View Quote

I understood that reference.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rutt’s Hut in Clifton, NJ and their deep fried ‘Rippers!’

Babe Ruth used to eat there, so if they’re good enough for the Babe, they’re good enough for the plebs.

Chris
View Quote

That place is awesome. Guy behind the counter has absolutely no personality though and make sure you have cash. No credit cards.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
OP...good on you for starting a small business venture.

My only suggestion is look for breweries and taprooms in your AO.

Most of the one I have visited (well over 500) that don't serve food, have a rotating group of food trucks or other types of food being offered.

This takes place 5-6 days a week in the evenings at most of them....YMMV due to local ordinances, or rules.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP...good on you for starting a small business venture.

My only suggestion is look for breweries and taprooms in your AO.

Most of the one I have visited (well over 500) that don't serve food, have a rotating group of food trucks or other types of food being offered.

This takes place 5-6 days a week in the evenings at most of them....YMMV due to local ordinances, or rules.
View Quote
OP owns and runs a distillery - if I'm not mistaken.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

In that last pic you can see our stage and rick house.

The cart is being to help us fill in holes in our food truck schedule. Though we may take it to other locales just to give a couple of people jobs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not a huge day. But all sales were down. It was about 187 degrees out so that didn’t help a lot. But lots of posts being shared around with great reviews. We may run it again this coming Friday at a bluegrass event we have every week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191077/E0024EFE-F632-4585-8841-ED4872CA72FC_jpe-2069929.JPG
View Quote

Where is your signage saying "BEST HOT DOGS ANYWHERE!!!"?   Remember, it's not the steak, it's the sizzle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where is your signage saying "BEST HOT DOGS ANYWHERE!!!"?   Remember, it's not the steak, it's the sizzle.
View Quote

I was thinking of making a sign that says rated #1 best hotdog stand in Dot, VA. Which is just a cross roads where we are.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nah, I sell wet teddy bears.
View Quote

Stupidest advertisement ever
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was thinking of making a sign that says rated #1 best hotdog stand in Dot, VA. Which is just a cross roads where we are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it. Go over the top with the advertising. Hell, realize they come for the drinks, but if you can DCA more off the hotdog cart don’t feel bad about it.

The entire reason a business exists is to make money.

Might be time to stop thinking about the dog cart as an ancillary money making venture into the actual cost v profit endgame.

Your bank won’t give a shit if the note is paid via whiskey or hotdog dollars
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The cart is being to help us fill in holes in our food truck schedule. Though we may take it to other locales just to give a couple of people jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The best "vendor food" I've ever had in my life was cart-bought bratwurst, on a crunchy-outside bun, with mustard, purchased at the end of a volksmarche in Germany. It made a culinary impression for life.
View Quote

#Metooooo

1976 Turkey outside of K-town, that was my 1st at 8 years old

Hooked ever since.
.thanks @butternut for the memory
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#12]
We haven't made it up to ya'll yet, glad to see this addition.

Around her there are 2 dogs, 1 as you know you have to have Nathan beef dogs...I am an implanted army guy who grew up around the world and then joined my self.....I never had a Damn Nathan dog until 22 years ago

We are having dogs tonight, wifey bought her Nathan's beef, thats only dog her and family will eat.

She grabbed a $5 pack of dogs and I grabbed what I was raised on, from the PX....cheapest dogs a working E6 could afford

$.98 everything leftover dogs, ballpark this time.

Can't beat a yellow mustard, chili dog ?? or a ice cold slaw added to a chili dog for a slawdawg...great on hot days

Good luck OP....just ramblings from 2750'
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, what?!?  There's whiskey involved?  Where is this?  

@Canoeguy
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wait, what?!?  There's whiskey involved?  Where is this?  

@Canoeguy
View Quote

The very SW tip of Virginia.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top