Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#1]
In my 58 years on earth the only law enforcement officer I have ever dealt with that I felt was a totally unprofessional out of control prick was Florida Game Warden.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have sent fish cops in to known drug houses to look for wildlife violations and they then found drugs.  A judge was on standby for an instant warrant. The Sherrifs then entered seconds later.
View Quote

A funny thing about a search warrant is that it is confined to the object in question...

For example....   If you are suspected of having possession of s stolen couch, and a warrant is issued....   We can search every room in your house, however the search must be limited to the item in question.....  A police officer cannot open cabinet drawers to search for the couch.

You would have to notice narcotics,  guns, etc in plain view under those circumstances.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They have sent fish cops in to known drug houses to look for wildlife violations and they then found drugs.  A judge was on standby for an instant warrant. The Sherrifs then entered seconds later.
View Quote

Seen this in Texas a few times.  GW goes to known dope house on edge of town looking for a poacher, find drugs, county boys are very close or else go with Game warden for reinforcement since they know the place has some less than desirable types.  Most likely find no fish and game violations but there are drugs found.  Perp gets 3-5 years and is out in less than 2 years and cycle starts all over.  Lawyers and Judges get paid and everyone else lost.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wonder this to.  You also see the texas rabbit police show I think its called Lone Star Law that they appear to be able to stop and search a boat for no reason and no one objects to them searching the boat.  Why is a boat different from a car?
View Quote

You can be pulled over for a busted taillight, no license plate, headlight out, etc. All of those things are required to lawfully operate a vehicle on public roads. Same goes for boats...registration, life jackets, horn, etc. are required to lawfully operate a boat on public waters. The only difference is those things aren't visible to an officer unless searching for them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The whole wildlife enforcement model is guilty until proven innocent, and it’s bullshit.

My dad was a wildlife officer for 32 years.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Had a case here a few years ago, deer cop spotted a rifle barrel sticking out the window of a blind, on private property, in a field 1/4 mile from the road, during firearm deer season.  

Walked across the field to check the guys license.  Some strong PC, there I guess.  

Ended up giving the guy a ticket for not wearing orange, while in his own blind, on his own property.  His orange coat was hanging on a hook inside the heated blind.  
View Quote

Until very recently in these parts you couldn't buy beer on Sunday....   Public intoxication artest were made if an officer could smell beer on your breath...   The code mentions that if a person appears in public in an intoxicated state....

It became a thing to reason that he "appeared" drunk to me.....  and local judges convicted for that....

When I was in the academy, we were told of a case where a deputy was driving down the road, looked across the river sns saw a man sitting on his porch drinking beer.    The deputy parked his car, walked across the swinging bridge snd arrested the man for public drunkenness.

I can't swear that is true bit it's what we were told.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone who is foolish enough to engage in conversation with the police deserves what's coming to them.

I'm not discussing my day with you and do you have a warrant?

If detained invoke the 5th and STFU.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, not sure when this country decided Fish Cops and Game Wardens don't have to abide by the BOR.

It's BS.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It’s called the open fields doctrine. Wildlife officers can go onto private property to enforce wildlife laws. They cannot however enter your house without a warrant or permission.

Think about it, if they couldn’t venture onto private property it would be damn near impossible to enforce game laws, especially in states with very little public land.
View Quote

Oh well.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Until very recently in these parts you couldn't buy beer on Sunday....   Public intoxication artest were made if an officer could smell beer on your breath...   The code mentions that if a person appears in public in an intoxicated state....

It became a thing to reason that he "appeared" drunk to me.....  and local judges convicted for that....

When I was in the academy, we were told of a case where a deputy was driving down the road, looked across the river sns saw a man sitting on his porch drinking beer.    The deputy parked his car, walked across the swinging bridge snd arrested the man for public drunkenness.

I can't swear that is true bit it's what we were told.
View Quote

When I was in the Navy I got a ticket for possession of alcohol by a minor, for having beer in my truck. I was parked hanging out in Va Beach, and a friend who was over 21 had his beer in my truck, he had the keys too. Cop walked around and saw the beer in my truck, asked whos truck it was. I said mine and walked over, he asked me to open the truck and show my ID to prove I was over 21. I told him I did not have the keys, the guy whos beer it was did. He called the guy over and made him show id and unlock my truck. Cop took the beer and wrote me the ticket.

Later that night I was driving and the cop pulled me over under suspicion on DUI. Arrested me and at the police station made me blow, I blew something like a .01 or .02, well under the legal limit. He charged me with public intoxication and turned me over to the shore patrol. I think he thought the navy would screw me for it. My captain told me to go away and avoid the beach for a while ( which I did not ). Public intoxication for blowing a .01, because there was no legal limit for that.

I beat the possession ticket as well, as soon as the cop said I did not have the keys to my truck.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are a lot of intricacies to boat safety inspections. As an anecdotal example, the city I live in owns four lakes. In order to put a boat on the water in one of these lakes, you much purchase a city permit.  The purchase of that permit includes a proviso that you agree to have the required safety equipment, and to allow safety inspections upon request. Safety inspections are not searches, and are no different than a DOT Inspection performed on commercial vehicles.

As for boat searches....you kinda got your legal terms discombobulated. Probable Cause is not required for a vehicle, or boat, stop. Reasonable Suspicion, however, is. Reasonable Suspicion permits the detention, and if Probable Cause is established, the vehicle exception of the search warrant rule applies.
View Quote

PC, RS, whatever.

It’s still bullshit, semantics aside.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

PC, RS, whatever.

View Quote

Legal definitions are not semantics....but OK.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Had a case here a few years ago, deer cop spotted a rifle barrel sticking out the window of a blind, on private property, in a field 1/4 mile from the road, during firearm deer season.  

Walked across the field to check the guys license.  Some strong PC, there I guess.  

Ended up giving the guy a ticket for not wearing orange, while in his own blind, on his own property.  His orange coat was hanging on a hook inside the heated blind.  
View Quote

That sort of stuff is why everyone hates them.

I think too part of the problem is they are dealing with normal mostly good people most of the time, not the drunks,wife beaters, druggies, and thieves that normal cops are primarily dealing with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#15]
In Tx the GW is also state police.

I manage a 1300 acre lease that has two county roads through it. So I see them constantly but the only time they stop at our camp is for coffee and chili. We have the two camps behind us to thank for that, they get busted for poaching or dope every year.

GW hasn't checked our licenses or guns in 10 years thanks to those camps. This year they even took out their drone and gave some excellent photos
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Fish cops are the least scrutinized law enforcement out there. And everyone's terrified of them, and they almost never get held to account for their violations of our rights. Meanwhile practically everything a highway patrolman does except taking his shits is public record.

The moose cops suck.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I might be mistaken, but here I think the dnr cops can go into your house and check the freezer for game meat, suspicion only
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#18]
How does the 4th amendment (I guess) apply to outbuildings and other structures on your property? Can game wardens just walk into them and search? Does a LEO need a warrant for an outbuilding?
I figure in the event of a worldwide nuclear war that destroys almost every form of life...cockroaches and game wardens will survive. The gw will be out the next day checking fishing license.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think too part of the problem is they are dealing with normal mostly good people most of the time, not the drunks,wife beaters, druggies, and thieves that normal cops are primarily dealing with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem. They approach law abiding people like they're hardened criminals.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, not sure when this country decided Fish Cops and Game Wardens don't have to abide by the BOR.

It's BS.
View Quote

Land of the "Free", lol.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#21]
My one encounter with Michigan DNR was actually positive, even though the premise for it was stupid.

This was like 30 years ago. Bunch of us bought $99 SKS rifles and a shitload of ammo. One of the guys had some family land he said we could shoot on. So one weekend we all go up there and shoot off a bunch of cheap steel case.

On the way back we encounter a DNR officer. Old buzz cut dykey looking woman. I started the encounter off on a positive note by accidentally calling her "sir".

Turns out we were breaking about a million laws.

Hunting without a license.
Hunting with a large capacity firearm.
Hunting on a Sunday.
I'm sure I'm missing some.

Even though none of us were hunting, since we were "afield" during hunting season (it's almost always hunting season for something), we were "hunting" .  

She ran all of our IDs, checked the guns, asked a bunch of questions.

Once she figured out we were really just target shooting, she drove off. The whole premise of the stop was stupid, but she was professional enough to realize we were not poaching even if we violated the letter of some dumbass law.

She came DEEP onto private property to find us.

It ended ok, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PC, RS, whatever.

Legal definitions are the very definition of semantics often times, but ok.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Watching the "wardens" show and it shows 2 game wardens responding to a call in a rural area of a gunshot.  They walk onto a property without permission, look around,  find a small pile of corn by a stand,  and then go to confront the landowner.    They tell him someone reported a gunshot,  so they searched his land and found the cornpile.   They then accuse him of poaching a deer, and tell him "if you shot a deer with a rifle,  it is much better just to be open with us now."  

The elderly guy is somewhat handicapped walking with a cane.  His wife and him say they have been in the house all evening and that there are gunshots all the time out where they live.   The wardens kept pushing trying to get the guy to confess to something,  at which point the guy kind of lost it and asked WTF they were doing coming onto his place without any probable cause and accusing him of poaching.   The officers cited him with a $430 ticket for baiting.  

Are wildlife officers not bound by the 4th?   It would seem this guy would have an easy out claiming his 4th amendment rights were violated by trespassing officers.

I am not condoning poaching, but I am also amazed at how many people on the show basically hang themselves by not exercising their 5th amendment rights.
View Quote

"[T]he special protection accorded by the Fourth Amendment to the people in their 'persons, houses, papers and effects,' is not extended to the open fields. The distinction between the latter and the house is as old as the common law." Hester v. United States, 265 U.S. 57 (1924).

"[A]n individual may not legitimately demand privacy for activities conducted out of doors in fields, except in the area immediately surrounding the home." Oliver v. United States, 466 U.S. 170 (1984).

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Never engage with these people, and video your entire encounter with them.

If they are on your property, ask them to leave and go inside.

If they still don't leave, call 9-1-1 and get the police there.

In most cases these people have made huge assholes of themselves to local PD's who will be more than happy to tell them to leave you the fuck alone.

In 20 years I never encountered a power trip with such a trajectory as a game warden/conservation or whatever they call them where you are. They are truly the ne plus ultra of assholes in uniform.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#25]
No, and Snowden exposed how vast and widespread it is.

And the boot lickers here still hate him.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It’s called the open fields doctrine. Wildlife officers can go onto private property to enforce wildlife laws. They cannot however enter your house without a warrant or permission.

Think about it, if they couldn’t venture onto private property it would be damn near impossible to enforce game laws, especially in states with very little public land.
View Quote

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Private property. Fuck off. Come back with a warrant.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fish cops are the least scrutinized law enforcement out there. And everyone's terrified of them, and they almost never get held to account for their violations of our rights. Meanwhile practically everything a highway patrolman does except taking his shits is public record.

The moose cops suck.
View Quote

Highway Patrol is the only group lower than Game Wardens. Their main purpose is to write traffic tickets.

We had a good game warden here a while back. He checked us the first time he saw us every year and then just stopped by to bullshit after that. We bow hunted the same area he did so we did a lot of talking about deer that we had seen taken out of there.

The guy that replaced him is a dick. Every interaction with him leaves you feeling like you're doing something wrong because he just can't believe you are following the law.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#28]
NH tried to unfuck this this year with HB 1091.

It got recommended for a soft kill(interim study) in committee, but hasn't had a floor vote.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have their own lock to our gate. They never come out though, as we are good stewards. All the local ones I've ever met were good people. One doesn't take that job to become wealthy.

We did have the occasional dick in the keys during lobster season. One threatened to summon the lobster dogs, and we weren't even lobstering.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#30]
My favorite was when I was carrying my niece's Hello Kitty rod, reel, and tackle box. She was four at the time. We're walking to the pond and here comes the Fish Cop who asks for my license. I wasn't the one fishing, I was just the pack mule.

Dickhead.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#32]
One of my best friends has worked his ass off to build a business. He doesn't cut corners on jobs, and doesn't hire illegals. His old boss is the opposite, with many illegals on his crews and has gotten his pee-pee slapped numerous times for incorrect methods/supplies/etc. He has some sway in the local area and continues to get by. My friend beat him out on a huge job and the old boss was pissed. First day of Dove season is a big deal here with food, family, etc. Old boss calls fish cops and they come out via "anonymous tip" and hold everyone there over 8hr while they literally sift the ground for bait. They find an ancient piece of corn on another end of the property where he deer hunts and cited EVERY HUNTER for hunting over bait, and got him for other charges. He paid everyone's fines.

If you watch the game warden shows, they seem to be dicks as much as possible. They fine everyone that makes the edit pretty much...and that's been my experience. I've never been treated like a respectable law abiding citizen and they have nearly always fined me for something....for example, I was fined for not having a pen with me to fill out a tag even though I had one in the truck that I would have used to get a deer. I was fined for not having enough blaze orange on because the vest was mesh and you can't count the entire thing. That doesn't mention having to tear my boat apart to find this or that, one making a buddy clean an entire deer for him (by command) because his tags were in his truck within visual range and not on his person when he shot a deer on private property, etc.

Be reasonable, whether a real cop or fish cop or whoever. I try to be nice to every patient regardless of age race etc so why treat me like a second class citizen. Maybe it's the salary or high school experiences, I dunno.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My buddy was a deputy for a rural county here in Idaho and this was SOP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy was a deputy for a rural county here in Idaho and this was SOP.

Happens in PA too, at least up until the 80's.  They may still do it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Some of them claim to have the most dangerous job in law enforcement (which is news to inner-city LEO), based not on how many get injured or shot, but because a lot of the people they deal with are armed (hunters).
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pesky 4th amendment getting in the way of enforcement…better place usurp our essential liberties because whatever bullshit logic leap men in robes come up with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
One of my best friends has worked his ass off to build a business. He doesn't cut corners on jobs, and doesn't hire illegals. His old boss is the opposite, with many illegals on his crews and has gotten his pee-pee slapped numerous times for incorrect methods/supplies/etc. He has some sway in the local area and continues to get by. My friend beat him out on a huge job and the old boss was pissed. First day of Dove season is a big deal here with food, family, etc. Old boss calls fish cops and they come out via "anonymous tip" and hold everyone there over 8hr while they literally sift the ground for bait. They find an ancient piece of corn on another end of the property where he deer hunts and cited EVERY HUNTER for hunting over bait, and got him for other charges. He paid everyone's fines.

If you watch the game warden shows, they seem to be dicks as much as possible. They fine everyone that makes the edit pretty much...and that's been my experience. I've never been treated like a respectable law abiding citizen and they have nearly always fined me for something....for example, I was fined for not having a pen with me to fill out a tag even though I had one in the truck that I would have used to get a deer. I was fined for not having enough blaze orange on because the vest was mesh and you can't count the entire thing. That doesn't mention having to tear my boat apart to find this or that, one making a buddy clean an entire deer for him (by command) because his tags were in his truck within visual range and not on his person when he shot a deer on private property, etc.

Be reasonable, whether a real cop or fish cop or whoever. I try to be nice to every patient regardless of age race etc so why treat me like a second class citizen. Maybe it's the salary or high school experiences, I dunno.
View Quote

Your buddy is going to call La Migra on the old boss, isn’t he?  (Anonymous tip, of course)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Open fields doctrine applies to all officers not just game wardens. If it’s not home and curtilage it’s probably open fields.
Concept is as old as the common law itself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The courts have long held if something is in "plain" sight, it can be used against you.  I believe plain sight extends to using any bit of common technology as well, such as binoculars...This even includes flying drones now over open fields, as drones are considered to be widely available to the public now, at least that's how our Sheriff's department is interpreting it.

Here in Minnesota the MN Supreme Court handed the fish cops their ass 20 years ago.  They loved to zoom up to fish houses in their snow machines and rip open the door on your fish house to see if you were in any violation.  MN SC said no-no, fish houses are considered homes while occupied.  You need to knock and ask to come in.

https://www.startribune.com/ice-fishing-enforcement-behind-closed-doors/83977767/

View Quote

when the ice breaks off and you’re floating around fucked call the judge to come save you
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My one encounter with Michigan DNR was actually positive, even though the premise for it was stupid.

This was like 30 years ago. Bunch of us bought $99 SKS rifles and a shitload of ammo. One of the guys had some family land he said we could shoot on. So one weekend we all go up there and shoot off a bunch of cheap steel case.

On the way back we encounter a DNR officer. Old buzz cut dykey looking woman. I started the encounter off on a positive note by accidentally calling her "sir".

Hunting on a Sunday.

Even though none of us were hunting, since we were "afield" during hunting season (it's almost always hunting season for something), we were "hunting" .  

Once she figured out we were really just target shooting, she drove off. The whole premise of the stop was stupid, but she was professional enough to realize we were not poaching even if we violated the letter of some dumbass law.

View Quote

She might try to claim having a gun equals hunting, but I doubt that is codified and actually law especially on private land.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Think about it, if the cops couldn't search your property, it would be hard to enforce drug laws.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The fact that a whole lot of them are arrogant shitheels doesn’t help much either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know the answer, but I've always known game wardens can do whatever they want for any reason. That's why everybody hates them.

The fact that a whole lot of them are arrogant shitheels doesn’t help much either.

I had one absolutely chew my ass for emailing, wasting his time asking a question to clarify regulations, when I could have looked it up on their app.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't know the answer, but I've always known game wardens can do whatever they want for any reason. That's why everybody hates them.
View Quote

Great Depression had a lot of starving people poaching game to feed their families.  Some did it as a group effort.  Game Wardens were shot back then.  Scary profession as you're more isolated and unless you have a working GPS that tracks you, no one would know.

Our local game warden is good.  The one in the next county over isn't.  People pull all sorts of stunts there and he does nothing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Some of them claim to have the most dangerous job in law enforcement (which is news to inner-city LEO), based not on how many get injured or shot, but because a lot of the people they deal with are armed (hunters).
View Quote

Freedom's scary...
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Probably one of the "rights" you give away when purchasing a hunting/fishing license.
Just guessing
View Quote

If you are a poacher, you haven't signed away any rights by asking the king's permission.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hunting on a Sunday.

View Quote

You can target shoot during hunting season. That agent was full of shit
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Years ago a friend of mine was dove hunting on a farm owned by his friend.  He heard shooting in another field and thought he would go over to see if it was his friend.  When he got there he saw 4 people standing talking to each other, he went over to see who they where.  One guy was the county sheriff and two county deputies who were dove hunting.  The fourth one was a federal game warren writing tickets for hunting over a baited field.  After he wrote the tickets he turned to my friend and ask him why he was hunting doves over a baited field.  Buddy Said WTF Im not hunting over a baited field, he got the ticket anyway and had to appear in federal court.  He goes into federal court thinking it would be like paying a traffic ticket.  The judge rips him a new ass, tells him to come back with a lawyer.  It cost him thousands of dollars to get it settled.
 It didn't help his case when the sheriff got on the radio to one of his deputies on duty to pull over the game warren and look for anything to write him a ticket for.  Cracked windshield was what they wrote the ticket for.
View Quote
baited field? lol, describes every inch of farmland in the world at some time

I used to hear about the Texas Fish & Game clowns vanishing, not sure if true but understandable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I beg to differ.

Simply being on the water is, apparently, PC for a stop.

Simply being on the road is not (theoretically).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Open Fields applies to all law enforcement, not Game Wardens. Game Wardens have zero additional constitutional authority over any other form of government. Depending on the state and the agency, they may have more or less statutory authority, but state law cannot allow for the violation of constitutional rights.

Edit; In this thread we will get to hear about all kinds of things that never happened, and analysis of case law by folks who have no clue how anything works. These are always fun discussions.

I beg to differ.

Simply being on the water is, apparently, PC for a stop.

Simply being on the road is not (theoretically).

IIRC, FWC has an agreement with the Coast Guard that most assuredly gives them some additional authority while on the water.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Their ability to stop any vessel on the water and search or perform document inspections for any/no reason is infuriating to me. If I’m doing something that is objectively legal they shouldn’t have the authority to perform a stop.

A particular FWC Turtle Trooper spent years pulling me over and searching my fishing boat every time I ventured into his sector whether I was fishing or not, I just had to be in the boat and I was getting stopped. Safety checks, license/registration checks, searches for illegal fish, we’d sometimes have colorful arguments about boating license requirements (my boat was exempt from license requirements), etc… It got to be such an aggravation that I eventually just stopped fishing the area he worked.

A normal cop can’t just pull my truck over to require me to show all my documents and search my vehicle for no damn reason at all; seeing someone driving a car doesn’t constitute probable cause for a stop. How do the Possum Police get to justify seeing a boater minding their own business somewhere as probable cause for a stop and search? If they don’t have any solid reason to think I’m breaking a law then they should mind their own damn business.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Easy case to win.

"Officer, did you see my client place the corn on the ground?"

"No, I did not"

"Officer, could someone else have placed the corn w/out my client's knowledge?"

"Yes"

"Your honor, I ask that the case be dismissed for lack of evidence that my client placed the corn on the ground"
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plenty of state laws are not clearly defined and could be labeled as semantics. They purposefully write them that way to leave some room for the judge/jury to have situational discernment.

Then, when it comes to law enforcement it is all semantics....reasonable suspicion and all.

Quoted:

Your buddy is going to call La Migra on the old boss, isn’t he?  (Anonymous tip, of course)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136311/7E4B31DD-40EA-444F-B9A7-31B3DF987B6A_jpe-2296248.JPG
View Quote

He actually reported some of the known infractions to DOTD so that the local inspector/friend couldn't cover it up.

Over 200k in fines for one large job. It's essentially a war between the two guys who used to be friends.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top