Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
"Throwing punches" is the stuff of school yards and has no place amongst adults.  For the most part if violence is warranted it had better meet a certain set of criteria and it is best executed with lethal intent.  Yes, occasionally someone needs the shit slapped out of them but that's a young man's game and best left to them.  That 63 yo postal worker won't make that mistake again.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They do have the right away of a fucking ambulance. Educate yourself.
View Quote
So when I see a mail delivery vehicle with its emergency lights and siren on I'm  supposed to pull over until it passes and it gets to blow through red lights too?  Do mail trucks have red or blue lights?  I've never noticed before.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So when I see a mail delivery vehicle with its emergency lights and siren on I'm  supposed to pull over until it passes and it gets to blow through red lights too?  Do mail trucks have red or blue lights?  I've never noticed before.
View Quote
A federal mail truck has the right away of an ambulance that is old skool shit. Also beating up elederly people and killing them, thats old skool shit too. It doesnt matter what the circumstances or what you have to say about it. lol

Mexican construction worker goes to prison and you pay the bill.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Boomers arent the brightest folks out there.
View Quote
Millennials are far worse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not turning my back on anyone. Fuck, I can't eat with my back to a door, but I will disengage with anyone who is just looking to fucking argue. Granted, I almost always have a gun, and avoid conflict at all costs, but arguing with a mailman is as stupid as fighting over a parking space at Walmart. There are just some things you don't do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like turning your back on a known threat is a pretty basic tenent of life to NOT DO THAT THING. But hey it's not like he could kill you with his fists...
I'm not turning my back on anyone. Fuck, I can't eat with my back to a door, but I will disengage with anyone who is just looking to fucking argue. Granted, I almost always have a gun, and avoid conflict at all costs, but arguing with a mailman is as stupid as fighting over a parking space at Walmart. There are just some things you don't do.
Clearly the construction worker should have bladed at 45 degrees to get out of the situation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A federal mail truck has the right away of an ambulance that is old skool shit. Also beating up elederly people and killing them, thats old skool shit too. It doesnt matter what the circumstances or what you have to say about it. lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The construction worker responded with in-kind force to initiating attacker which was the postal employee who went out of his way to go back and escalte the situation after they moved their vehicle.

Also there's no such thing as postal vehicle right of way. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/four-play/

You're not just on the spectrum you're tasting the whole fucking rainbow right now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The construction worker responded with in-kind force to initiating attacker which was the postal employee who went out of his way to go back and escalte the situation after they moved their vehicle.

Also there's no such thing as postal vehicle right of way. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/four-play/

You're not just on the spectrum you're tasting the whole fucking rainbow right now.
View Quote
I was going to post that too.  Yeah, it is snopes, but it is sourced from multiple places.

Storm_Tracker is FOS.

Edit: just noticed he was an underscore, before underscores were cool.  Wow.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was going to post that too.  Yeah, it is snopes, but it is sourced from multiple places.

Storm Tracker is FOS.
View Quote
Maybe he's a boomer....

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe he's a boomer....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Storm Tracker is FOS.
Maybe he's a boomer....

I'm already blading at 45 in anticipation of the fisticuffs.

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Clearly the construction worker should have bladed at 45 degrees to get out of the situation.
View Quote
So we agree.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#12]
63 isn't that old in 2018. There are plenty of 63 year olds out there that could beat the shit out of you if you let them and probably some even if you didn't let them. Some people are acting like the guy killed an 90 year old invalid.  Of course a guy in his 20-40s is likely quicker, stronger, and more likely to win in general but that doesn't mean someone in their 60s can't be a threat.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He didn't die from eating a tide pod so at least there's that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomers arent the brightest folks out there.
He didn't die from eating a tide pod so at least there's that.
If they make a hard candy version, boomers will be getting poisoned in droves
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Witnesses told police, yeah the rest of those bum union construction workers - so we never heard the 65 year old guy's side of the story.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
An ambulance  (with lights and siren on) and a mail truck come to an intersection at the same time such that one needs to stop or yield for whatever reason, which one yields?

Also, you seems stuck on 'beating up elderly people'.  What age is the cutoff for elderly?  Are there any exceptions?  Is it ever okay to strike one?  In self defense? What if he's armed?  Oh wait, you said, "It doesnt matter what the circumstances or what you have to say about it."

I'll admit the article is a little short on some critical details (I want to know who started the argument before the fight) but you seem to be making a lot of assumptions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#16]
let's just hope the important mail got to their destination without too much delay.   Would hate that an important Amazon package not be delivered on time for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
let's just hope the important mail got to their destination without too much delay.   Would hate that an important Amazon package not be delivered on time for Christmas.
View Quote
Meh....The Amazon carrier saw the mess, drove up on the front lawn to avoid it and chucked the delivery out the car window and moved on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If they make a hard candy version, boomers will be getting poisoned in droves
View Quote
Sugar free?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you park in front of mailboxes? Rocket fucking science. When an elderly mailman doing his job tells you to unfuck yourself you dumb cocksucker! Do you argue with him, and gode him into an altercation? Then knock his lights out and kill him?

He gets professional courtesy . Thats part of our civilized society. I just dont even get these fucking people on this site anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you are all over the map.  Take a break from the coke.
Do you park in front of mailboxes? Rocket fucking science. When an elderly mailman doing his job tells you to unfuck yourself you dumb cocksucker! Do you argue with him, and gode him into an altercation? Then knock his lights out and kill him?

He gets professional courtesy . Thats part of our civilized society. I just dont even get these fucking people on this site anymore.
"Civilized society''.........then act like part of one yourself, sheesh.

This is what a mailman is supposed to do when a mailbox is blocked and he's to lazy to get off the seat and deliver the mail, drive to the next open mailbox and continue your route. Not hard, just notate it and move on.

He asked, they complied, he went full retard.

My Dad could pop out 100 push ups, 100 situps, and run 5 miles at 63. He was a very tough old bird. He was in quite good shape up until he got cancer at 84 for the second time and passed away. He was back running just a bit after a month after getting out of the hospital for a broken back, pelvis, and hip due to falling over 20 foot out of a tree. He wasn't fast but he was back out on the street trying to do his normal routine. He was in his mid 70's when that happened.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top