BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always the person in the continuing lane. No difference than a merging on ramp lane. If your lane is the one to merge you yield.
View Quote
LOL, you're assuming people know how to merge.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Really OP?  

I'd really like to think that members of a gun owners forum had more common sense.  

Sad IMHO.
View Quote
you don't read so good, do you?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People need to learn to zipper correctly. Left lane drivers should leave enough room to allow the guys on the right lane to merge. But if the guys on the left want to be dicks they can get really close to the car in front of them and not allow anyone to merge. Also the guys in the right lane should merge as soon as possible, not drive as far forward as possible and the try to merge at the last second. A lot of dicks do that as well, trying to cut in front of everyone in the left lane. If people are cool and merge correctly, then things keep moving nice and smoothly. When people are dicks it causes jams and halts everything.
View Quote
This.

No entire "lane" has the right of way. The car in the continuing lane goes, then the car in the losing lane, then the next car in the continuing lane, etc.

Civilization.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
People need to learn to zipper correctly. Left lane drivers should leave enough room to allow the guys on the right lane to merge. But if the guys on the left want to be dicks they can get really close to the car in front of them and not allow anyone to merge. Also the guys in the right lane should merge as soon as possible, not drive as far forward as possible and the try to merge at the last second. A lot of dicks do that as well, trying to cut in front of everyone in the left lane. If people are cool and merge correctly, then things keep moving nice and smoothly. When people are dicks it causes jams and halts everything.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guy on the left
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Theoretically, the driver on the left.  In practice, the driver with the most beat up vehicle.
View Quote
QFTT

Regardless of who has the right of way I do my best not to get hit and trappy car/trucks give zero fucks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Arizona drivers manual on Right-Of-Way:
(I read this wiggle-waggle to say that even if you do not have to yield, you may still be responsible if an accident occurs) 
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#10]
The faster car
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#11]
The one who's ahead... Be the guy that's ahead.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Not saying that it applies in this case... but a good rule for the road to consider:

There's a saying to describe how certain circumstances appear to uninvolved others watching a matter unfold, "When Assholes collide."

Do your best not to be one in your daily life and things will go much easier for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really OP?  

I'd really like to think that members of a gun owners forum had more common sense.  

Sad IMHO.
Did you pass your drivers license exam?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread is dumb and OP should feel bad.  

Merging lane must always yield.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The car that is in the ending lane must merge. Merging vehicles yield to what's already in the lane they wish to go into.
View Quote
This^ exactly
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#16]
It has a lot to do with race and gender, take heed or get your fenders mashed in!
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
A-FUCKING-MEN!

I take this exit every day on my way home I-10 to 295 in JAX. It's a two lane on ramp where the left lane ends once you get on the highway and the right lane turns into 295.

Cocksucking cum drinkers like to stay in the left lane all the fucking way till the very end which, like you said causes everyone in the right lane to have to stop while these fucks cut in line.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The one in front...
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy on the left needs to speed up and slow down to keep the guy on the right from coming in, guy on the right should either accelerate as much as possibleuntil he runs out of highway, or slam on the brakes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#20]
It is my understanding the driver on the right has an obligation to use every last inch of the right lane before merging and cutting off the most advanced car on the left.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A-FUCKING-MEN!

I take this exit every day on my way home I-10 to 295 in JAX. It's a two lane on ramp where the left lane ends once you get on the highway and the right lane turns into 295.

Cocksucking cum drinkers like to stay in the left lane all the fucking way till the very end which, like you said causes everyone in the right lane to have to stop while these fucks cut in line.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86739/Screenshot-20170722-115149-1-260201.JPG
View Quote
You know zipper merging IS staying in your lane until it ends and then cutting over. People are supposed to take turns at the merge point. Left right left right. Like a zipper.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Left lane, but use the zipper for courtesy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The car that is in the ending lane must merge. Merging vehicles yield to what's already in the lane they wish to go into.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#24]
The car that is ahead and to the right of you when the lane ends.

Oh, and the guy in the BMW
And the guy in the pickup truck that rides the shoulder until he physically can't fit anymore.

Shit pisses me off bigtime and is a major cause of traffic backing up.

Zipper is your friend.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
vehicle doesn't matter, biggest asshole always wins. my turn signal is a warning, not a question.
View Quote
I imagine after a few insurance claims you will probably begin yielding to traffic that has the right of way.

There is an area like this on the way to my office. The other day the guy in the right lane was way ahead of me, and probably could have merged without issue, but it would have been close. I thought ht was merging so I slowed down a little and he came to a complete stop. He was doing the correct thing as I did have RoW, but it is sort of weird when stuff like that happens when you try to be courteous on the road.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Guy with the biggest, and/or least valuable vehicle. 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Arizona drivers manual on Right-Of-Way:
(I read this wiggle-waggle to say that even if you do not have to yield, you may still be responsible if an accident occurs) 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20962/Capture-260117.JPG
View Quote
it's roughly analogous to maritime rules of the road, in that the RoW isn't exactly a 'gift' (for example, the 'stand on' vessel in an overtaking situation is required to maintain course and speed, even though he technically has the RoW), nor does it exonerate the privileged vessel if a collision could have been avoided by action thereof.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A-FUCKING-MEN!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86739/Screenshot-20170722-115149-1-260201.JPG
View Quote
That's how it's supposed to work.

Use both lanes until you can't, then zipper.

American's just suck at it, cuz everything's a dick waving competition.

It'a a drag race to the lane ends, then honking and wedging.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree with most of the sentiment here, but then how does this differ from Yield?  I tried to get some definition in the state driving manual and it didn't say anything.  I searched on the web and the very little I found indicated that whoever was there first had the right of way.

I wish they'd just use a yield sign and eliminate the ambiguity.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I agree with most of the sentiment here, but then how does this differ from Yield?  I tried to get some definition in the state driving manual and it didn't say anything.  I searched on the web and the very little I found indicated that whoever was there first had the right of way.

I wish they'd just use a yield sign and eliminate the ambiguity.
View Quote
"Yield" generally implies there is potentially traffic from another direction coming that you have to give priority to. It's what 99% of American stop signs should be.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You know zipper merging IS staying in your lane until it ends and then cutting over. People are supposed to take turns at the merge point. Left right left right. Like a zipper.
View Quote
Yeah, but in this case the entrance ramp is two lane and the ends up being the left hand lane of the highway.

People on the entrance ramp's left lane have about 3/4 of a mile to get into the right lane (which becomes the highway left lane) but always wait till the very end like assholes.

Here's a wider shot. Starting at the red marker is two lane traffic alllllll the way around the turn till you get to just under the compass.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top